Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I wonder - are there ppl here who bought BTC when it was 19k ?  (Read 1086 times)
MangoPolo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

If you overcome procrastination you get it all.

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:34:37 AM

So, as we remember, on December 17th the price of BTCBTC went to it's maximum point and reached the value of 19,086 $
  I can only imagine how enthusiastic some people felt and thought it is their time and bought Bitcoins for this price feeling absolutely sure that BTCBTC started its way up and the only direction is only UP! And BOOM!  - it started to roll back and never ever reached that peack again...
  I can only imagine how these people feel now... Waking up every morning with the hope that something positive has changed in their direction. Ok, there are millionaires that even after they bought 10...maybe 50 Bitcoins, didin't get that angry or sad as the ones who maybe spent more than a half of their savings or even worse...EVERYTHING... Embarrassed
  If there are any of them here on the forum, tell me what are you doing, how do you feel, how do you manage your hopes and how optimistic is your attitude to the situation. What forecatsts keep you alive and steel? What do people say? How much have you spent on Bitcoins? Besides investors, there might be some simple enthusiasts... How is the mood in your families?
  Also, even those who haven't spent so much on BTC or even spent nothing - what do you think of this? What will be in December? What is you point of view upon this situations? I was always thinking about this, but never had time to write this post on the forum. Was to busy working for my tiny salary lol  Cheesy

Correction: On December 16th it was 19,343 $ - which is even higher than mentioned above. Information taken from https://www.coindesk.com/price/ from the yearly statement

To find out you have to be in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:38:50 AM

$10,000 to $20,000 is 100% profit only. Look at the money you have to spend to buy 1 Bitcoin.

$20,000 to $40,000 is 100% profit only and the risk of loss is highest. So there are sellers only at $19,000

So $400 or $1,000 is the right price for Bitcoin.
MangoPolo (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:47:21 AM

$10,000 to $20,000 is 100% profit only. Look at the money you have to spend to buy 1 Bitcoin.

$20,000 to $40,000 is 100% profit only and the risk of loss is highest. So there are sellers only at $19,000

I'm not sure I completely understood you. You want to say there weren't peple who bought Bitcoin when its price was 19.000?

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:09:36 AM

I'm not sure I completely understood you. You want to say there weren't peple who bought Bitcoin when its price was 19.000?

Surely many people bought at that peak time because that was the time lot of new investors was rushing to buy bitcoins. But not sure how many people are still holding these bitcoins. I believe many new investors might have already sold at loss in a panic but only old investors who know how bitcoin prices move might be still holding. Whoever is still holding they can take some risk to buy now at a lower price to reduce their buy price.
MangoPolo (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:16:37 AM

Surely many people bought at that peak time because that was the time lot of new investors was rushing to buy bitcoins. But not sure how many people are still holding these bitcoins. I believe many new investors might have already sold at loss in a panic but only old investors who know how bitcoin prices move might be still holding. Whoever is still holding they can take some risk to buy now at a lower price to reduce their buy price.

That's an idea. Also they might've exchange their Bitcoins to some potential altcoins that keep rising ( XRP ) for example or something else that has a good perspective. I wouldn't sell my Bitcoins because as far as we remember, it goes up in most cases at the end of the year. It was always unstable so what's the difference this year? Ups and downs always, but UPs in December.

PerLasz

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:20:39 AM

It will come up to that peak if there's nothing demands. Once it reach 20k it means there are so many demands before that's why the 19k or 20k reach by bitcoin as the highest price ever in crypto. Probably those people are in anguish now. I hope they will recover.
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:22:04 AM

I'm sure many people bought some bitcoin that time, even myself urge to buy some because of its continuous rise, I didn't expect that it will go down after. Bitcoin news was all over the internet that time and many people talk and promote it to others, many investors come and become interested, I just hope they won't give up because of the situation and wait for its peak again since that's how bitcoin price works.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:23:03 AM

That's an idea. Also they might've exchange their Bitcoins to some potential altcoins that keep rising ( XRP ) for example or something else that has a good perspective.

that is the worst idea for many reasons.
first of all altcoins like XRP are centralized shitcoins with no future. they just get pumped and dumped. there is not "good perspective" for any of them. investing in these coins is only good during their pumps

secondly everyone knows that when bitcoin goes down all the altcoins drop. investing in an altcoin that is dropping is silly in this case then.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
MangoPolo (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:36:27 AM

that is the worst idea for many reasons.
first of all altcoins like XRP are centralized shitcoins with no future. they just get pumped and dumped. there is not "good perspective" for any of them. investing in these coins is only good during their pumps

secondly everyone knows that when bitcoin goes down all the altcoins drop. investing in an altcoin that is dropping is silly in this case then.

Oh, this is another truth. You're right. But what about BCN ( Bytecoin ) which had an up to 0.01$ last week, from a long time of less than 0.005$ and there came rumors that it's gaining some pump potential, though it went down to 0.0059$ now - equivalent to 8 satoshi. Imagine you by BCNs for 1 BTC when its price is 8 satoshi and it touches the 1 cent price again or even 2 and you have at least 2 BTC already.
Ok but this is just one of the very few exceptions which come out once a year...
What I am concerned about mostly in this topic - is to maybe think of an idea for those who spent 3 prices of a Bitcoin 6 months ago and now they have only what they have, maybe a way to multiply them. The crypto world is still a game and this means there are plenty of methods to gain wins. it's exactly like a war - the smart ones multiply their pockets during it.

gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:37:33 AM

If you know how the market works then you know that someone had to, or else it wouldn't have been 19k.

manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 11:39:51 AM

Maybe there are few people that are investing in the bitcoin where its market price is high as 19k USD. But for me in my own opinion with the hype of bitcoin market price is the ICO projects who are collecting funds from the crowd and exchange to bitcoins. The more exchange of this ICO project to bitcoin the more bitcoin market price to go high or had an increase. So i guess in 2018 the same thing will happen because most of the ICO project finishes beyond this month onwards so later on there will be a boom on its market price.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:45:58 AM

So, as we remember, on December 17th the price of BTCBTC went to it's maximum point and reached the value of 19,086 $
  I can only imagine how enthusiastic some people felt and thought it is their time and bought Bitcoins for this price feeling absolutely sure that BTCBTC started its way up and the only direction is only UP! And BOOM!  - it started to roll back and never ever reached that peack again...
  I can only imagine how these people feel now... Waking up every morning with the hope that something positive has changed in their direction. Ok, there are millionaires that even after they bought 10...maybe 50 Bitcoins, didin't get that angry or sad as the ones who maybe spent more than a half of their savings or even worse...EVERYTHING... Embarrassed
  If there are any of them here on the forum, tell me what are you doing, how do you feel, how do you manage your hopes and how optimistic is your attitude to the situation. What forecatsts keep you alive and steel? What do people say? How much have you spent on Bitcoins? Besides investors, there might be some simple enthusiasts... How is the mood in your families?
  Also, even those who haven't spent so much on BTC or even spent nothing - what do you think of this? What will be in December? What is you point of view upon this situations? I was always thinking about this, but never had time to write this post on the forum. Was to busy working for my tiny salary lol  Cheesy

Correction: On December 16th it was 19,343 $ - which is even higher than mentioned above. Information taken from https://www.coindesk.com/price/ from the yearly statement

All the benefited people will hope it will happen again.Even now I was admired with that raise.This January,everything get into reverse.I had hope it will raise back after the March.But it was not even reach the expected one.I had holding some bitcoin to sell at maximum price raise.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:50:12 AM

The bitcoin market is like a seesaw in motion. Aside from the value going up and down this seesaw principle is also applicable to the traders. People do not earn profit from nothing but there has to be someone who lost a profit before somebody earns a profit. Thus those people who bought bitcoin at 19k$ have a huge loss and some of them are still having emotional problems due to a big loss.
MangoPolo (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:57:02 AM

If you know how the market works then you know that someone had to, or else it wouldn't have been 19k.

It's hard for me to yet say that Bitcoin is part of a "market". It is so unstable that it looks more like a gambling than a market...Unfortunately.

MangoPolo (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:05:32 PM

It will come up to that peak if there's nothing demands. Once it reach 20k it means there are so many demands before that's why the 19k or 20k reach by bitcoin as the highest price ever in crypto. Probably those people are in anguish now. I hope they will recover.

I wonder if there are many of them on this forum

barbiecover

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:16:39 PM

I hadn't BTC at that moment, but I've sold Musicoin at 800 sat in december
So technically I bought BTC when it was 19k
MangoPolo (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:32:55 PM

Maybe there are few people that are investing in the bitcoin where its market price is high as 19k USD. But for me in my own opinion with the hype of bitcoin market price is the ICO projects who are collecting funds from the crowd and exchange to bitcoins. The more exchange of this ICO project to bitcoin the more bitcoin market price to go high or had an increase. So i guess in 2018 the same thing will happen because most of the ICO project finishes beyond this month onwards so later on there will be a boom on its market price.

Most of the ICO project started at the same time ? Or why they finish mostly in the same month?

The bitcoin market is like a seesaw in motion. Aside from the value going up and down this seesaw principle is also applicable to the traders. People do not earn profit from nothing but there has to be someone who lost a profit before somebody earns a profit. Thus those people who bought bitcoin at 19k$ have a huge loss and some of them are still having emotional problems due to a big loss.

Do you know any of them being active here on the forum?

I hadn't BTC at that moment, but I've sold Musicoin at 800 sat in december
So technically I bought BTC when it was 19k

You mean the one that now is 147 satoshi?

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:35:25 PM

I don't think much of it. It obviously sucks that people lost money, but nothing is guaranteed as far as investments go. People who put money into Bitcoin should know that it's incredibly volatile, which means that anything can happen at any time. They took the risk and didn't win. It can happen to anyone, for any investment.

That being said, I'm sure Bitcoin can bounce back as adoption picks up, so I would recommend for people who lost money to just stick with it because they'll be able to recover eventually. That's only if they could afford such a move of course, because we obviously have no idea when that will happen -- it's going to be better for some people to simply cut their losses.

As for December, we can't even predict prices a day from now, so more than half a year would be a stretch lol. The trend from last year won't mean anything unless we somehow break out from the current bear market.

MangoPolo (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:45:32 PM

I don't think much of it. It obviously sucks that people lost money, but nothing is guaranteed as far as investments go. People who put money into Bitcoin should know that it's incredibly volatile, which means that anything can happen at any time. They took the risk and didn't win. It can happen to anyone, for any investment.

That being said, I'm sure Bitcoin can bounce back as adoption picks up, so I would recommend for people who lost money to just stick with it because they'll be able to recover eventually. That's only if they could afford such a move of course, because we obviously have no idea when that will happen -- it's going to be better for some people to simply cut their losses.

As for December, we can't even predict prices a day from now, so more than half a year would be a stretch lol. The trend from last year won't mean anything unless we somehow break out from the current bear market.

As an example - last year 2017 there were lots of rumors that Bitcoin is going to reach the 50.000$ point in future. Some even wrote about a 100.000$ price. This started when BTC was under 2000$, exactly 1 year ago, spring. So till the end of 2017 it reached almost 20.000$ than fell down to 7.000$ until now.
My 1st question is - the rumors about 50k-100k helped this pump to 19k?
And my second questions is - are there any rumors now similar to those of 50-100k? Or the enthusiasm has chilled? I didn't manage to read a lot on internet so this is why I am wondering if the story is being repeated or not since last year.

tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:50:24 PM

Buying at the peak or during a bull run is very dangerous . the best thing to do is to leave your investment and don't sell at loss. I urge everyone to do their due diligence and have long term vision and always invest what they can afford to lose. If anyone did this for bit coin even at peak, he wont have any problem now. Be hopeful that one day it will reach your buying point but we don't know when that will be. Always remember to buy at dip rather than at peak .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: