Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:46:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879145 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:40:09 AM

Quote from: snailbrain

looks better.. depends where it's going..

if it's going on some decent websites, we may need a proper graphics designer Cheesy

but tbh, I think it's still good Smiley

A Graphics designer would probably do all the banners for less than 100$

keep going and when they are all ready, we can have a look and maybe use them as the "layout" for a designer, or just use them anyway...

I agree, I have a post open on HuntercoinTalk.com requesting an Artist to jump aboard the project. I'm sure one will stumble upon us.

The ads will be on many website, I will be using the A-Ads.com, And Bitads.net advertising networks. I'l hand pick the websites it's displayed on to ensure quality and will be tweaking the campaign as time goes on and funds allow. This could be a big positive influence on Huntercoin if the community pools together we could bring a substantial amount of attention our way. We're nearing our goal and the testing phase will begin soon. Smiley

definitely - I used to be heavily into adwords (and adsense) quite a few years ago, but never used anything but google (odd times used overture (yahoo?) and MSNs version)

What sort of prices are decent websites charging to display ads using those networks? (impressions/clicks)
It may be more cost effective to get some articles written and distributed

I've had one done, and paid (from bounty [a lot, when the value wasn't so much]) but they have let me down with some revisions.
I probably will have another couple of separate ones ready this weekend (and will use the old one also) - will distribute via PR companies asap.

vastbitcoins

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Vast

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 01:58:47 AM

if it's going on some decent websites, we may need a proper graphics designer Cheesy

keep going and when they are all ready, we can have a look and maybe use them as the "layout" for a designer, or just use them anyway...

I agree, I have a post open on HuntercoinTalk.com requesting an Artist to jump aboard the project. I'm sure one will stumble upon us.

The ads will be on many website, I will be using the A-Ads.com, And Bitads.net advertising networks. I'l hand pick the websites it's displayed on to ensure quality and will be tweaking the campaign as time goes on and funds allow. This could be a big positive influence on Huntercoin if the community pools together we could bring a substantial amount of attention our way. We're nearing our goal and the testing phase will begin soon. Smiley

definitely - I used to be heavily into adwords (and adsense) quite a few years ago, but never used anything but google (odd times used overture (yahoo?) and MSNs version)

What sort of prices are decent websites charging to display ads using those networks? (impressions/clicks)

I've had one done, and paid (from bounty [a lot, when the value wasn't so much]) but they have let me down with some revisions.
I probably will have another couple of separate ones ready this weekend (and will use the old one also) - will distribute via PR companies asap.

Yeah same here. My plan is to adapt this advertising project as funds allow. From the community, For the community. The advertising on A-Ads.com is $0.09 CPM, Very reasonable if I pick only quality sources.

Here's some things I will do that are included in Project Advertising

A) Further develop and improve the campaigns on BitAds.net & A-Ads.com
B) Direct relationships with website owners for Ad Space & Guest Posts
C) Signature advertising bought from active users, Building a good relationship with these users and keeping them happy for an extended period
D) Article Marketing to capture keywords related to Huntercoin, And Bitcoin gaming using Article sites such as EzineArticles
E) Press releases will be done by directly networking and establishing good connections with blog owners
F) Branching into a larger niche such as entertainment websites and broadcasting quality articles to larger groups, Providing the incentive of earning money and the knowledge to do so.

There is more, but this is just the beginning
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:16:17 AM

Yeah same here. My plan is to adapt this advertising project as funds allow. From the community, For the community. The advertising on A-Ads.com is $0.09 CPM, Very reasonable if I pick only quality sources.

C) Signature advertising bought from active users, Building a good relationship with these users and keeping them happy for an extended period
D) Article Marketing to capture keywords related to Huntercoin, And Bitcoin gaming using Article sites such as EzineArticles
E) Press releases will be done by directly networking and establishing good connections with blog owners
F) Branching into a larger niche such as entertainment websites and broadcasting quality articles to larger groups, Providing the incentive of earning money and the knowledge to do so.

Brill - keep it up

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:39:26 AM

just some update:

- radar partially implemented (for demo purpose i've placed some dummy rocks on the map with mouse and reflect it, with random color, on radar, as soon as I load player data that will be fixed)
- game settings and window layout autosaved/autoloaded (so you can choose how to place various window in game)

when you doubleclick on a window title bar, it got collapsed in prefixed position (minimap goes top left, the chat full width bottom) (of course there will be much more window in the future so this could change)
see pic below

(re-doubleclicking on a collapsed window bring it to its previous position (even collapsed window got saved)
as a side node, collapsing the minimap would increase performance and may be useful for slow pc (even if i don't think the speed will be an issue)

I've already implemented some commands and i've found useful to implement, beside the chat, the console where you can type some commands i'll allow to use (some may be useful to debug or to try to restart service or whatever)

here is an example

the side note here is that game_status (that ask to the deamon the last game_getstatus, took 1 second!!! (of course i've yet to parse JSON result, put it in my objects and visualize, but i feared it'd had taken more time, this is a good news for me Smiley

see you for next update Smiley

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:51:20 AM

just some update:

- radar partially implemented (for demo purpose i've placed some dummy rocks on the map with mouse and reflect it, with random color, on radar, as soon as I load player data that will be fixed)
- game settings and window layout autosaved/autoloaded (so you can choose how to place various window in game)

when you doubleclick on a window title bar, it got collapsed in prefixed position (minimap goes top left, the chat full width bottom) (of course there will be much more window in the future so this could change)
see pic below

(re-doubleclicking on a collapsed window bring it to its previous position (even collapsed window got saved)
as a side node, collapsing the minimap would increase performance and may be useful for slow pc (even if i don't think the speed will be an issue)

I've already implemented some commands and i've found useful to implement, beside the chat, the console where you can type some commands i'll allow to use (some may be useful to debug or to try to restart service or whatever)

here is an example

the side note here is that game_status (that ask to the deamon the last game_getstatus, took 1 second!!! (of course i've yet to parse JSON result, put it in my objects and visualize, but i feared it'd had taken more time, this is a good news for me Smiley

see you for next update Smiley

THIS IS IMPRESSIVE

I'm a little bit sceptical about the radar though. it's like something from a space game in a fantasy game.. maybe because it looks like a "radar" Cheesy .. how about it if was just a square zoomable minimap? (like the pop window almost.. you can still use the code you have done for the radar blips, but not in the circle)..
just a suggestion and not important atm

again.. very very impressive... probably if this works well, you can work with us on some other projects Smiley

vastbitcoins

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Vast

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:53:11 AM

Brill - keep it up

Will do! Going to plug the "Project Awareness (Advertising Campaign)" page again since we're on a new page in this thread.

Help fund Project Awareness to Help Huntercoin Grow! You can view our progress here on the HuntercoinTalk.com forums.

We are 18 coins from the first goal of 100 to start the first steps of this campaign!
Funding Address for Project Awareness: HA9zjZqPFmrVqcXvt2NLafdPjZpSqkUKBR
Current Balance: 82 HUC

Current roles to be filled include Artist, Scribe, Lurer, Developers, Moderators, Community Support. To see roles and role descriptions visit here, And feel free to suggest a role to be added to our teams structure.
All contributers will be paid on a per project basis, The membership is merely a way to quickly get jobs filled and be funding regulars in the community.

160x600 Ad created by a community member
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:59:57 AM

Brill - keep it up

Will do! Going to plug the "Project Awareness (Advertising Campaign)" page again since we're on a new page in this thread.

Help fund Project Awareness to Help Huntercoin Grow! You can view our progress here on the HuntercoinTalk.com forums.

We are 18 coins from the first goal of 100 to start the first steps of this campaign!
Funding Address for Project Awareness: HA9zjZqPFmrVqcXvt2NLafdPjZpSqkUKBR
Current Balance: 82 HUC

Current roles to be filled include Artist, Scribe, Lurer, Developers, Moderators, Community Support. To see roles and role descriptions visit here, And feel free to suggest a role to be added to our teams structure.
All contributers will be paid on a per project basis, The membership is merely a way to quickly get jobs filled and be funding regulars in the community.

160x600 Ad created by a community member

I like this Ad Smiley

although, those sprites required me to link to the creator (i found them on the web) - the link is in the about section of the client and in the links section of the website..

not sure if it's possible to use them in an ad.. I will email them (although i think they are Japanese Smiley)

The heart / crown are free to use, so they are ok

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 03:38:39 AM

I like this Ad Smiley

although, those sprites required me to link to the creator (i found them on the web) - the link is in the about section of the client and in the links section of the website..

not sure if it's possible to use them in an ad.. I will email them (although i think they are Japanese Smiley)

I just checked, and it seems fine:

http://untamed.wild-refuge.net/rpgxp.php

Feel free to use my resources as you want, be it in free or commercial games, edited how you want, or as bases for your own sprites. Just be sure to credit me!

It's already in the game credits, and I don't think there will be any confusion as everyone will know that the characters are in the game, and the game already credits him. It's pretty reasonable to assume that games are advertised, and that the characters might end up in an ad or screenshot, etc.

(The site is all in English, so, not sure if he's Japanese or not.)

I just pulled the sprites out of the master commit and didn't think much about licensing. Anyways... <crosses fingers />

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:54:23 AM

I like this Ad Smiley

I just checked, and it seems fine:

http://untamed.wild-refuge.net/rpgxp.php

Feel free to use my resources as you want, be it in free or commercial games, edited how you want, or as bases for your own sprites. Just be sure to credit me!

It's already in the game credits, and I don't think there will be any confusion as everyone will know that the characters are in the game, and the game already credits him. It's pretty reasonable to assume that games are advertised, and that the characters might end up in an ad or screenshot, etc.

(The site is all in English, so, not sure if he's Japanese or not.)

I just pulled the sprites out of the master commit and didn't think much about licensing. Anyways... <crosses fingers />

yes - probably it's ok Smiley

kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:46:14 AM

not bad.. .i think the writing at the top needs to be more visible. maybe it could have yellow outline..

also maybe fit in "Crypto Currency" - (maybe 'obtainable by harvesting in a game like world')

Alrighty! Here's version 2 of our 300x250 Ad

good motivation and enthusiasm - this is what Huntercoin needs Smiley
I agree Smiley

i think the text at the top "The Worlds..."

is too compressed.. maybe try just "A Human Mineable..."

also not sure if dark brown has enough contrast to the back ground (Huntercoin).. maybe it's ok tho.. can carry this on other forum if you want

but.. how many views/clicks are we gunna get with such a small sum of donations? Smiley

Might be better with facebook ads, targeting the correct people

"Work from Home" lol (or maybe that is the Clan/Corp/Guilds job)

I dont think CPM ads are the way to go cause they are expensive and if our budget runs dry the traffic will stop, probably try it on torrent sites since they are the ones that most likely would want to make money and their cpm rate is super cheap also test adfly.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 07:49:02 AM

I dont think CPM ads are the way to go cause they are expensive and if our budget runs dry the traffic will stop, probably try it on torrent sites since they are the ones that most likely would want to make money and their cpm rate is super cheap also test adfly.

I'm not so sure that torrent sites are that good. I've run medium sized campaigns, and the results were dismal.

What's needed is highly focused targeting. Gamers. Crypto people. Crypto gamers. Smiley (You're doing what with your graphics card?!? Cheesy )

Also, getting the attention of people like "Jay is games" and other reviewers could be a huge deal for Huntercoin. Advertising on a site like that could work... However... cost. Could be a deal killer.

I'm sure someone out there knows the gaming review circuit better than I do and can post some names of reviewers and gaming journalists. There are TV shows dedicated to gaming as well... Would make a very interesting segment on one of those shows.

ion888

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:56:00 AM

Hello i am new here Smiley i want play game... anybody can help my with instruction? thanks...
ion888

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:07:35 AM

Ohhhh i need 1.005Huc to play game  Sad i don't have
ion888

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:23:07 AM

You can help my with a small donation?   Roll Eyes

HGK9kis7Fw2db5gDXtxuQVwG7aQTUW86GP

Thanks!
Gianobifronte

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:23:13 AM

Buy them on poloniex! (they are cheap atm)
ion888

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:30:27 AM

i don't have btc man  Shocked
Gianobifronte

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:44:34 AM

Buy some BTC first..
ion888

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM

Buy some BTC first..

I don't have cash  Tongue
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:37:12 AM

buy some cash
Falafel75

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:39:43 AM

Guys, you should vote for make HUC available on Cryptsy here: https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/77852
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: