Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:55:02 AM

Recording software does not do it justice, it is actually 100x smoother in reality (running on testnet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUQNJC-Qvpw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:44:37 AM

Looking good, the smoother the game plays the more will jump onboard I think.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 08:24:41 AM

I was lucky enough to be able to preview MithrilMan's alternative Huntercoin client and wrote up a bit about it here:

http://cynic.me/2014/02/23/mithril-mans-huntercoin-client-preview/

Everything in it is just really nice & smooth. He's not done, but this is going to be a big deal.

Sanglotslongs

Activity: 448
Merit: 280

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:31:47 AM

Huntercoin PUMP on poloniex when mithrilman release the alternative wallet  Grin
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:58:44 AM

Can't wait...looking good!!
kulakowka

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:03:14 AM

Price   0.000581 HUC 2.36253988 BTC 0.00137263

you just delete coin! such people should be banned exchange!

kulakowka

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:31:56 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 10:46:21 AM by kulakowka

snailbrain, to promote the coins, do the following steps:

1. increase the speed of the game, because many of my friends would like to play, but it is very time-consuming
2. popularization of the coin, which for mining is not necessary to use expensive video cards and other hardware. It requires minimal cash outlay to start.
3. introduction of affiliate programs to attract more players count.

First of all you need to decide based on the problems with the speed of the game, because Statistics http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/nbn=30/fromn=0 finds every miniutu blocks, but in reality the game update blocks can wait 10 minutes.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:47:58 AM

i've always told you that the speed would have been a problem in the future, people love fast things
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:53:50 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 11:35:58 AM by snailbrain

1. increase the speed of the game, because many of my friends would like to play, but it is very time-consuming
2. popularization of the coin, which for mining is not necessary to use expensive video cards and other hardware. It requires minimal cash outlay to start.

1. Speed of game will not increase. This is fixed and how it was designed. Faster will cause serious problems, and it needs to be hard work and time to get coins.
2. Mining is fine, if it is not how it is now, then the coin can die easily. The way it is should ensure a long life (merged mined with both scrypt and sha256)... . And no matter what algorithm or mining technique you use, eventually (if the coin is valuable) people with $$ will always have more hashpower than the others.
3. What do you mean? who pays? how will it work?

For now, you worry too much Smiley
I'm doing everything i can and so are others...
you can't expect the value to be 5$, 10$, 100$ in 3 weeks... first need to get on exchanges and fix the minor bugs -- then wait for alternative clients, mobile devices, browser game play..

If people want to speed things up, then they need to either
1. Donate
2. Promote - get on exchanges, post on forums..

The shit coins have fake posters who post on here over and over to bump threads, fake votes to get on exchanges, fake twitter counts to spam it.... Huntercoin is 100% legit, and it's a tough world when you are competing with ruthless scammers...

As i said.. Huntercoin is 1 of a very tiny handful of Legit Coins, except, IMO, Huntercoin is also the most innovative and most promising of them all -

New Altcoins get  PM's like these - i ignore them.. tbh, i think it's better to let Huntercoin go the Natural Way:

The mods don't give a shit.. probably it's better for their ads (maybe gives more impressions), and also they do not care about altcoin section

Some of the threads you see these spammers make/post are : "what is the best altcoin right now?", "what altcoin should i invest in?" etc etc..

Do not worry about the value or you will just get mad/frustrated - it's similar to when i first got into bitcoin in 2011.. i spent a fortune on gpus .. mined a load of bitcoins, then the price crashed to 3$.. I was so depressed.. so i sold everything, including most of the bitcoins.. i was just left with 5btc and 500nmc and no hardware...
If i'd have carried on mining and believed in what was obvious (btc would sky rocket) then I would be writing this from the beach in hawaii, on an alienware laptop, connected to beach hut wifi, with a cocktail Smiley

It only takes a couple of investors with $ to start hoarding/picking up coins for the value to go up.. when huntercoin gains some publicity legitimately and naturally, you will "probably" see the value increase..
Survival is more important than pump and dump - at least for me Smiley

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:04:22 AM

Huntercoin PUMP PANIC BUYING on poloniex when mithrilman release the alternative wallet  Grin

FTFY. Cheesy

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1244

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:34:58 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 11:45:21 AM by BayAreaCoins

1. Speed of game will not increase. This is fixed and how it was designed. Faster will cause serious problems, and it needs to be hard work and time to get coins.
2. Mining is fine, if it is not how it is now, then the coin can die easily. The way it is should ensure a long life (merged mined with both scrypt and sha256)... . And no matter what algorithm or mining technique you use, eventually (if the coin is valuable) people with $$ will always have more hashpower than the others.
3. What do you mean? who pays? how will it work?

For now, you worry too much Smiley
I'm doing everything i can and so are others...
you can't expect the value to be 5$, 10$, 100$ in 3 weeks... first need to fix the minor bugs and get on exchanges.

If people want to speed things up, then they need to either
1. Donate
2. Promote - get on exchanges, post on forums..

The shit coins have fake posters who post on here over and over to bump threads, fake votes to get on exchanges, fake twitter counts to spam it.... Huntercoin is 100% legit, and it's a tough world when you are competing with ruthless scammers...

As i said.. Huntercoin is 1 of a very tiny handful of Legit Coins, except, IMO, Huntercoin is also the most innovative and most promising of them all -

New Altcoins get  PM's like these - i ignore them.. tbh, i think it's better to let Huntercoin go the Natural Way:

The mods don't give a shit.. probably it's better for their ads (maybe gives more impressions), and also they do not care about altcoin section

Do not worry about the value or you will just get mad/frustrated - it's similar to when i first got into bitcoin in 2011.. i spent a fortune on gpus .. mined a load of bitcoins, then the price crashed to 3$.. I was so depressed.. so i sold everything, including most of the bitcoins.. i was just left with 5btc and 500nmc and no hardware...
If i'd have carried on mining and believed in what was obvious (btc would sky rocket) then I would be writing this from the beach in hawaii, on an alienware laptop, connected to beach hut wifi, with a cocktail Smiley

It only takes a couple of investors with $ to start hoarding/picking up coins for the value to go up.. when huntercoin gains some publicity legitimately and naturally, you will "probably" see the value increase..

Keep moving forward. Major blow in the news, but I will say this is the chance for some young/old people to really step up to the plate on this one.  HUC shall survive.

All good at Poloniex Cheesy

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:52:00 AM

If people took the time to read the posts in this thread they wouldn't need to ask most questions that keep being repeated, especially the 1st post which is updated. Snailbrain can't be answering here AND explaining stuff like affiliate programs being a non starter (there's no company to pay commissions or benefit from that) and how the game works ..and that he's aware of the current problems etc. AND working on it.

One thing HUK isn't is easy money for nothing, it's new, it's different, it's massively cheaper to get some than BTC, and it's not a month old yet. If you think you're going to get rich in weeks with HUC you're crazy and/or greedy. Whining on and on will only put potential players off which hurts HUC and you.

Once the new interface is up and running it will be nicer to play, awesome work. Then if we all spread the word people will join in and we'll all be off on a great ride. You might regret quitting as badly as early adopters of BTC do one day. Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 12:21:25 PM

Recording software does not do it justice, it is actually 100x smoother in reality (running on testnet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUQNJC-Qvpw

wow thanks Cheesy

P.S.
i used ezvid to record my previous video, it's good!

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 12:23:58 PM

HOLY FRIGGIN MOLY! The client is looking bloody amazing~! Cheesy

100 HUC tip sent! Cheesy

I can't wait to play with this!!!

thanks, much appreciated Smiley
I'll do my best to release it and contribute to the success of this coin!

I was lucky enough to be able to preview MithrilMan's alternative Huntercoin client and wrote up a bit about it here:

http://cynic.me/2014/02/23/mithril-mans-huntercoin-client-preview/

Everything in it is just really nice & smooth. He's not done, but this is going to be a big deal.

wow nice article, thanks mate!

as a note, radar is useful even to spot "hidden" hunters behind buildings/bushes that could be unseen Smiley

i'm going to experiment soon the active part of the game (create, move, destroy)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

Man o man people are un bloody grateful around here....

So I've managed to get the client to run in  my super shitty xp vm on my server. I wont even post the specs its so damn low but after 6 days it finally synced and is now staying pretty close (not perfect but good enough for farming) ffs people who are bitching about the speed have obviously never sent BTC somewhere lol.

In all seriousness, this game still amazes me and has an awesome future. You dumb shits dumping on the poloniex: THANKS!!! This thread will BURST with pissed off folks in a years time with the 'Man I sold when it was cheap and I've kicked myself every day since' types.

MithrilMan- Please stop posting screens! I can't keep clean underwear! Also, being win only, whats the chance of getting a test version so I can see if I can get it running in wine for us lowly linux pukes?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:05:28 PM

Committed - Cosmetic Only :

Added Expandable Map/Chat Area and Arrows (you can now have more teams without the map shrinking)

https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h5f96sw56c196/HunterCoin

THANK YOU!!!!

My home pc is not as painful as my work one but this is going to make my life sooooo much easier... was paying for vm's so I could scale operations!

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:10:06 PM

So I've managed to get the client to run in  my super shitty xp vm on my server. I wont even post the specs its so damn low but after 6 days it finally synced and is now staying pretty close (not perfect but good enough for farming) ffs people who are bitching about the speed have obviously never sent BTC somewhere lol.

In all seriousness, this game still amazes me and has an awesome future. You dumb shits dumping on the poloniex: THANKS!!! This thread will BURST with pissed off folks in a years time with the 'Man I sold when it was cheap and I've kicked myself every day since' types.

MithrilMan- Please stop posting screens! I can't keep clean underwear! Also, being win only, whats the chance of getting a test version so I can see if I can get it running in wine for us lowly linux pukes?

I have a feeling that mithrilmans software may not work in wine.. maybe need a full vm with windows running -- could be wrong.. i will try (although I don't use linux much and never used wine Smiley just a psychic guess due to how mithman client is not like a standard exe afaik)

billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:30:15 PM

So I've managed to get the client to run in  my super shitty xp vm on my server. I wont even post the specs its so damn low but after 6 days it finally synced and is now staying pretty close (not perfect but good enough for farming) ffs people who are bitching about the speed have obviously never sent BTC somewhere lol.

I have a feeling that mithrilmans software may not work in wine.. maybe need a full vm with windows running -- could be wrong.. i will try (although I don't use linux much and never used wine Smiley just a psychic guess due to how mithman client is not like a standard exe afaik)

o ye a lot of faith! wine has come a very long way in the past few years I have been using it regularly. If you are new to such things I would recommend playonlinux instead of vanilla wine... makes things a but ton easier if you have a sudo idea of what you will need to run said software (ie .net support etc) and it also allows for the creation of sharable install scripts (which would be super duper handy)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 01:39:26 PM

yes, what i've seen so far seems wine will not be a choice, i saw it lack .net+xna support (but has to check deeper) so a full vm is required, dunno about impact on performance, need someone to test

anyway if the client will have success and people will demand it for others platform, i could take into consideration about port it to another technology like monogame i talked about some times ago (even if in such case all UI has to be rewriten)

I'm developing it with tools i'm confortable with, so i can speed up things, using other technologies would cause delay in development and release

billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:46:15 PM

Libraries for net4 and xna4 can be loaded into wine via playonlinux (along with damn near anything else from m$)

[edit] to add to that, I know its not apples to apples, but I play a shit ton of modern 3d badass games through wine with very little noticeable issues. If it can emulate directx11 fine, I bet it will handle your client fine as well)

Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: