Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:47:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to ensure the safety of wallet?  (Read 909 times)
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 05:05:01 PM

I am new one in this market place, so it is important to know the safety issues of the wallet. Please someone help to understand the issues of safety of the market.

First back up your wallet details and if you can encrypt it with a password then it would be much better. Next is bookmark legit sites that you use your wallet in to to avoid phishing sites. Make sure to think before you click links anywhere to remove the risks of viruses and malwares. Use only trusted markets for trading like kucoin, hitbtc, and many more.

Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:08:16 PM

I am new one in this market place, so it is important to know the safety issues of the wallet. Please someone help to understand the issues of safety of the market.

firstly, what currencies do you use?

Use electrum wallet, and while will you create the wallet, create with TWO-FACTOR auth option. Don't share your private key with anyone, only share your public address key.

if you are using erc-20 coins, you must use myether wallet with "Metamask". but use only with "MetaMask".

and i want to give a off-topic advice;
While you save your private keys and wallet passwords, save your passwords to "KeePass software". KeePass is an open-source, password manager. The software creates very difficult passwords for each of your account.
I highly recommend the software.
Electrum don't have 2 factor authentication option. Roll Eyes

The wallet which have private key access no need to have other security features and your advice of saving your password into a software is also not recommended save them is a paper after you create them.
Wallet security must be of high importance. Bitcoin can possibly transfer value anywhere in a very easy way and it allows you to control your own money. Bitcoin can provide very high levels of security if used correctly. It is our responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect our money. It is important to backup your entire wallet. If you only have a backup of the private keys for visible Bitcoin addresses, you might not be able to recover a great part of your funds with your backup.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:17:57 PM

Use electrum wallet, and while will you create the wallet, create with TWO-FACTOR auth option. Don't share your private key with anyone, only share your public address key.

if you are using erc-20 coins, you must use myether wallet with "Metamask". but use only with "MetaMask".

While you save your private keys and wallet passwords, save your passwords to "KeePass software". KeePass is an open-source, password manager. The software creates very difficult passwords for each of your account.
Electrum don't have 2 factor authentication option. Roll Eyes

The wallet which have private key access no need to have other security features and your advice of saving your password into a software is also not recommended save them is a paper after you create them.
Wallet security must be of high importance. Bitcoin can possibly transfer value anywhere in a very easy way and it allows you to control your own money. Bitcoin can provide very high levels of security if used correctly. It is our responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect our money. It is important to backup your entire wallet. If you only have a backup of the private keys for visible Bitcoin addresses, you might not be able to recover a great part of your funds with your backup.
Blockchain offers a chance to work at lower costs with regulatory compliance, reduced risk, and enhanced efficiency. Other effective ways to secure wallet is to encrypt it, and through offline wallet for savings. Encrypting of wallet allows you to set a password and this helps protect against fraudulent activities. Offline wallet provides security for savings. It involves storing a wallet in a secured place that still functions without connection  to the network. If it's done properly, it can offer a very good protection against system vulnerabilities.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:08:34 AM

Jus try not to get scammed by a guys like cheaters and hackers that can fish your passwords and keys, be careful surfing
ngonco.giolua22

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:21:32 AM

i believe hardware wallets are much more safer than others, though it's only my personal opinion, because i feel safer to go with it.
cacvy3

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:28:43 AM

Just invest a few bucks on a hardware wallet and you will never have to worry about your crypto safety again in your entire life, just trust me and invest a few bucks on a ledger.
laracastvue

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:29:36 AM

Before choosing a wallet, try to look on different traders perspective about the current wallet you are interested to use then from there you can choose if you should use the wallet or find another one.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:33:59 AM

Just invest a few bucks on a hardware wallet and you will never have to worry about your crypto safety again in your entire life, just trust me and invest a few bucks on a ledger.

Yes I also think hardware wallets are very much safer than online wallets but in case we are using the online wallets we don't have any other safety measure for that but preventing with possible way will helpful for the safety in your wallet.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:37:30 AM

I guess it all depends on how much coins you actually want to hold, and what type of use you will give them. If you just want to trade, and don't plan on even doing it with a large amount of coins, then I guess that just keeping them in your exchange is ok. You will be using them anyway, so you need to have some there. If your bankroll starts getting to large then I advise you not to keep them on the exchange, and store them on a wallet.

Again, if what you will be storing is not a huge amount of money, then maybe you don't need a hard wallet and using a wallet like electrum is safe enough. There are plenty of others, but electrum is very high rated so you should be ok with that one. If you are going for ERC-20 tokens, then I'm think myetherwallet should be ok. You should be careful on how you access that wallet though, and using MetaMask is crucial in my opinion, so that you don't need to give away your private keys every time you access your wallet.

Jenits

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:32:23 PM

You can ensure your wallet by simply keeping in a right place that no one can know except you and keep using meta mask or you can use ledger nano for you to avoid hacking of your account.
Adio

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:39:25 PM

Always use 2fa for all your accounts including gmail account,  be mindful of the link you click because there are a lot of phishing site and most importantly never disclose your private key to anyone,.
baienpee

Activity: 105

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:51:38 AM

Do not enter your private key on any website. Do not install any software that you do not understand on your computer with a wallet. If your wallet is on a mobile phone, you must not use your mobile phone to access unknown websites.
alinerusinova

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:23:44 AM

If you choose the right wallet you don't need to ensure safety of your wallet but keep attentive to safety of your computer. Most of stoles were because of users' negligence in security questions. It is perfect to use clear OS with clear browser, and don't visit websites that you don't trust to, this simple actions will help you to protect your assets
MacStone

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:29:04 AM

Just stop being so dumb and invest $120 in a ledger wallet, you wont regret about the results that this safety is going to offer to you, i am 100% serious about this, it is worth it

BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:32:19 AM

I believe not everyone is able to afford electrum or those hard wallet

If you are a MEW user, do this simple trick

1. Download ImToken
2. Import your wallet to ImToken and make all transactions from ImToken

Avoid phishing links in your email such as claim your airdrop or make a signature
Thereabout

Then I believe you are safe
Raymondr88

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:32:33 AM

Get a hardware wallet
If you use online then always check of the link is right and have a security lock
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:36:19 AM

To ensure your wallet all the time, you must not save your .dat file to your computer, maybe store them at google drive. Also dont save your private key to your computer with internet connection or it is better to right it on a piece of paper. Lastly dont just click random site it might be a virus or phishing site
HudiBaba@06

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:36:45 AM

Yes, that's a good question right here. Ensuring the safety of our wallet. As Cryptocurrencies community grow and the digital currencies keep evolving new type of threats also evolve according to the hackers. as they try to steal our data and coins through our vault in whatever way they can. So, in order to protect ourselves from illegal entities, we must ensure that our wallet is authenticated by two-factor authentication and do research about the best wallets that are providing maximum protection to ensure our vault is safe. As per my research Xapo is best for Bitcoin and also I do use Metamask Ethereum wallet which provides maximum protection with its different type of authentication process.go through my ether wallet once and you will get to know. Thank you.
lositech

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 10:40:43 AM

Well you did not mention the particular wallet you are using or referring to but the general safety measure is never to share your private key with any one, don't store your private on any mail service, always cross check before  you put your private key in any website.
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:56:29 AM

i do secure my private key with a simple folder and didnt know that apps like keepass exists. how secure that this keepass is not prone to hacking and phising?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: