Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:53:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Blender, anonymous bitcoin mixer  (Read 126952 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:08:54 AM

It is refreshing to see a healthy amount of skepticism in the bitcoin community. I am new to bitcointalk.org however for over a year now my primary source of income has come to me in the form of bitcoins.

I strongly believe in an individual's right to freedom from needless and in many cases dangerous government intrusion into personal finance. This is doubly important for me, because my income comes from my participation in activities that my government deems to be illegal.

It is vital that I maintain my anonymity. Bitcoin alone certainly does not provide any degree of anonymity, so to provide for this I utilize among other tools, bitcoin blender. I was a user of bitcoinfog until march or april of this year when I began to notice significant delays with the service, particularly with the processing and availability of deposits and withdrawals. Since then I have processed between 80 and 100BTC through blender. My typical experience is excellent. I deposit coins and with three network confirmations the coins are available for withdrawal and taint analysis indicates no connection between my source and destination addresses (same for bitcoin fog). I was one of the unfortunate subset of people who had coins sitting in their account when the service was hacked last month. Having been around the block of "bitcoin+hiddenservice = mysterious theft of bitcoin" scenarios I figured I was out a few thousand and time to move back to old (un)reliable, bitcoinfog. The reason I am here registering on a clearnet forum and spending my time writing a review is because I was struck by the integrity of the service operator of bitcoin blender. In this situation, they could have shut down the service and cut their losses, keeping the profit from the past many months of operation and moving on to their next venture leaving me and others at a loss and they could have done this with no fear of reprisal or repercussion. The service operators chose to do the right thing by their users and fix the vulnerability (a race condition in their withdraw functionality in this case) and inform them of said vulnerability, properly record their losses and then inject their own money to the service to keep it going and get their users repaid.

Long story short I have been repaid a goodly portion of the balance in my account prior to the theft, and thankfully for me (not for blender) I am being paid as coins are on an upward swing. Most importantly, the service has always been available and always worked as advertised. The operators have consistently added functionality and security measures to combat problems that plague the world of hidden service bitcoin commerce (password phishing, dummy sites, etc) including PGP TFA, PGP authentication of deposit addresses, etc.

I may be ridiculed for having a new account and posting a review, but let me state it to you this way simply: I created this account and paid a fee so that I could post simply because I do not feel this service gets proper reviews. Most people who use it are like me and prefer to keep their business their business, or private.

If privacy and anonymity is important to anyone reading this then  they would be remiss if they did not try this service.

Thank you for reading.

Freedomfromfiat
What fee did you pay to post this "review" ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Freedomfromfiat

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:12:32 PM

The forum requires a small fee in BTC to activate posting features when using a particular, now well known proxy. Around 42000 satoshi.

blender (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 07:04:47 AM

I would like to take a few moments to make you aware of a couple exciting developments coming to fruition on Bitcoin Blender this week.

First, I am extremely happy to announce a feature tailored to our current and would-be users who want to mix coins without the need for an account. Bitcoin Blender now allows Quick Mix! It is simple to use: Navigate to the Quick Mix tab from our homepage (bitblendervrfkzr.onion) and enter one or more withdrawal addresses in the field provided. Then, complete the captcha challenge and select "Create new Quick Mix." Finally, simply transfer the bitcoins you wish to mix to the forwarding address given on the next page. Remember, you should save your Quick Mix unique ID for the next time you use the mixer or in the unlikely event that you need to contact support regarding an individual mixing situation. The quick mix has a default randomized withdrawal delay of between zero and twelve hours. You may edit this setting of course, but I strongly urge you to allow a delay of up to twelve hours to achieve better anonymity. I have set the fee schedule of quick mix to match that of the normal mixer; that is, a randomized 1-3% to maximize transaction obfuscation.

The second and most fulfilling development I bring to the forefront addresses an important issue for both myself and my userbase. As many of you may know, Blender was hacked back in mid-October (a race condition in our withdraw function was exploited, allowing the thief to create more withdrawals than he should have been able to.) Of course, I immediately took the service offline and determined the proper fix was to implement locking SQL transactions, and so I did this.

Many coins were stolen in this attack, and since then all earnings from the use of the mixer have been diverted back into the pot to repay the coins. I am extremely proud, and humbled, to be able to say that as of today, all stolen coins are repaid and and all users who have attempted to withdraw their coins have been able to do so! Those users who still have balances remaining are free to withdraw their coin.

I sincerely thank all of you who have continued to use the service and who see it as the best option available for mixing your bitcoins and improving your anonymity and ultimately safety - likewise I thank new and returning users for giving me the chance to prove my integrity. Bitcoin Blender is here for the long haul and its greatest feature and best asset is its users.

Thank you.

Bitcoin mixing service, established 2014 - easy to use, rapid withdrawals, zero taint.
https://bitblender.io
http://bitblendervrfkzr.onion
poggyba3

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:09:52 PM

quick question i've sent bitcoins to an mixer on tor (lol i know) but it's not been appearing on my balance for a day i'm getting pretty concerned... i've pretty much sent all of the money from that wallet to that mixer which is really annoying... is the coins really all gone  Undecided
blender (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 09:19:00 AM

quick question i've sent bitcoins to an mixer on tor (lol i know) but it's not been appearing on my balance for a day i'm getting pretty concerned... i've pretty much sent all of the money from that wallet to that mixer which is really annoying... is the coins really all gone  :-\

Hi, that depends on which mixer you used, if you used Blender with the correct URL then i can guarantee you are fine.
It seems you didnt use Blender because you dont say you did, but you posted your question in this thread here so im not sure. If you used Blender then message me via the support function that is built in on the site itself.

It could be that you ended up on one of the phishing sites of one of the mixers available on Tor, knowing that the onion is the correct one for a service is a problem. In my attempts to try to stop the effects of phishing sites i have implemented a "Proof of Ownership" of the Deposit addresses, its a signed PGP message containing your username and deposit addresses, you generate it on the deposit page.
During withdraw there is a Verification step where you also get a signed PGP message with the destination addresses, here you can either choose to submit it or cancel the withdraw.
You can also enable 2FA on your account, it generates one time passwords that you have to decrypt using your PGP key on each login.

Bitcoin mixing service, established 2014 - easy to use, rapid withdrawals, zero taint.
bimbocat

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:23:46 AM

I sent you a PM but if anyone else sees this, I accidentally used my wallet as the outgoing thing on quick mix so I clicked cancel. Was wondering what happens then? How long till the coins come out?
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:38:22 AM

Oh it'll BLEND your bitcoin. Great way to destroy unwanted coins.

blender (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 04:17:40 PM

I sent you a PM but if anyone else sees this, I accidentally used my wallet as the outgoing thing on quick mix so I clicked cancel. Was wondering what happens then? How long till the coins come out?

Hello bimbocat, it depends on what randomized delays you used, did you leave it at the default 0-12h then it could take up to 12 hours for them to be sent to you. If you give me your quickmix ID (in PM) i can send it immediately for you.

blender (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 03:07:01 AM

Coinbase have started tracking their users bitcoin transactions and if the coins end up on a known Darknet Market bitcoin address they close the Coinbase account, and i guess Coinbase might tell LE at the same time too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2q90m9/coinbase_is_monitoring_your_transactions_poorly
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/2qa21d/coinbase_to_market_is_a_really_bad_idea_yall_post/

If you are using Bitcoin Blender to mix coins to or from Darknet Markets you can now set your account type to either Buyer or Vendor on the Profile page. If you are not comfortable giving this information to Blender you can set it to N/A or not set it at all.

If you set your account to Vendor you will receive mixed coins deposited by Buyers when withdrawing, this means that you should receive coins coming from exchanges like Coinbase, Circle and Localbitcoins or where Buyers get their coins from.

If you set your account to Buyer you will receive mixed coins deposited by Vendors when withdrawing, your deposited coins to Blender should not end up on a Darknet Market.

If you set your account to N/A or don't make a choice you will receive mixed coins deposited by other N/A users.

This is good for both Buyers and Vendors. The Buyers can feel safe knowing the coins they deposit into Blender will not end up on a Darknet Market and the Vendors that withdraw from Blender will receive clean coins coming from Exchanges. This will keep the clean/Exchange coins on one side and the Darknet Market coins on the other side. This is not a 100% guarantee that coins will be sent exactly as described above as it will only work if the users chooses the right type for their Blender account or don't by purpose choose Vendor when they are actually a Buyer for example. At least having this option is better than not having it.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:23:54 AM

is it currently  legal or illgeal to own coins that were once used on illegal sites like silk rd etc ?

how can you prevent someone giving  you a batch of coins that were somehow linked to illegal  activity ?

a large percentage of  usd bank notes were tested postive for traces of cocaine etc  so they are linked to drug sales or use
but i guess those are ok since theyre legal tender and they cant stop people using using banknotes to snort coke

i imagine a large % of the btc in circulation have been either on darknet sites or mixed with coins that have been on darknet sites in
places like gox or btc-e so they maybe partially illegal coins ?

if i sell my house etc for a few thousand btc that were linked to bitcoinica  ,btcst ponzi , or silk rd or mintpal scams can these coins be seized as proceeds of a crime ?

if coinbase are seizing accounts based on tainted  or suspicious coins ,can we still trust coinbase ?
blender (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:04:34 PM

CoinCidental, thanks for starting a discussion about this.

Im sure there is no law in any country against having coins that has taint with a DNM, just like you say its not illegal to have paper money that was used to do cocaine, it does not mean you did it. A very large percentage of all coins have gone through some exchanges main addresses/hot wallets so they are all tainted with each other, if you buy coins on an exchange you will almost certainly receive coins that has some taint to a DNM address far far away, eventually the recent Bitstamp hacked coins will be sent around like this too.

Having a clear transaction from your Coinbase account to a known bitcoin address used for buying drugs can be a problem though as shown in that reddit thread. But if you mix your coins properly there is no way to trace that you actually did the transaction to the DNM, as the coins mix in the mixer while you receive other coins. I removed the feature of choosing if you are a DNM Vendor, Buyer or N/A. I did not think enough before releasing it and what I wrote here is the reason for me removing it again, its not needed as the link between your transactions are broken and Coinbase can not see where you are sending it.

I'm actively improving and changing stuff, if i release a feature that i later decide is not good enough or not needed then i will remove it to keep it as simple as possible while still providing a good mixing service. I don't think the feature of registering as a Vendor, Buyer or N/A was bad or made anything worse, it was just not needed. If there is some good discussion about this and the conclusion is that it is a good idea to keep the DNM Buyers and Vendors coins separate as described in my announcement above or in some other clever way then it will be brought back after some consideration.

keithpearson

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:09:46 AM

I like how all the vouches are coming from Newbies or Brand-News

Hi, keithpearson again here @ probably the second post on this forum.

I came back here after a little bit of frustration with bitcoin fog. 0.2 btc was missing from my account even though it had 40 confirmations on blockchain. Now that's solved, but it placed a negative feeling on bitcoin fog for me as far as I am concerned..

Just wanted to say that I am reputable seller on evo (for security reasons won't say my username here) and I have been washing my coins on blender so far, maybe more than 100 btc without any issues. I see that blender has been hacked last year, my luck I usually withdraw my coins fast, I don't let them sit in my account. Thumbs up to the owner of the site for refunding everyone.

Again want to reconfirm to everyone, this is probably the best service around, I would also recommed bitcoin fog (though for me it's still in beta testing before I get 100% confidence) and probably still to be tested bitmixer.io, I've read many positive reviews and I will definitelly try that at one point.

My scheme for washing is bitcoin fog, then withdraw to blender and them to cash out wallet so it's double washing. I recommend washing your coins twice, by different mixing services, law enforcement may be behind washing services so you can't just trust one. I'd rather be too paranoid than behind bars. Also never use the same user id on any of the washing services. I create new fog/blender accounts once every 2 or 3 days and delete the old ones after withdrawing my coins.
Inotiwin

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:25:55 AM

Is bitcoinblender.net affiliated with the .onion site? I registered on the .net site and sent bitcoins to the deposit address provided but they never got to my account. I then tried to log into the onion site with the same credentials and was told I was using a wrong user name or password. When I searched google everything about bitcoin blender looks legit and even the PGP key the .net site has is the same.

When I look up the transaction in the blockchain I can see that everything went through and that the transaction has been confirmed.

Have I been scammed?
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:29:46 AM

bitcoinblender.net has an interesting explanation of the whole mixing process.  I have not used them (nor the .onion) so I have no other comment on bitcoinblender itself.

For extra security, yes, I agree that running BTC through TWO mixers gives an even better level of security.  I sometimes do just that: using SharedCoin (via blockchain.info) as well as bitmixer.io.  I have run them through bitmixer first (then sharedcoin) as well as the reverse, I do not know which would be better (guess: do bitmixer last).

I have never had a real problem with bitmixer, there once was an issue, but we worked it out.

With any mixer: Follow Instructions!

I would very much like to read other reviews of bitcoinblender, as well as anyone who really knows whether or not it is important to hide your trail better by using .onion and TOR.  I have read that TOR may already be compromised...
blender (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 06:57:14 AM

Is bitcoinblender.net affiliated with the .onion site? I registered on the .net site and sent bitcoins to the deposit address provided but they never got to my account. I then tried to log into the onion site with the same credentials and was told I was using a wrong user name or password. When I searched google everything about bitcoin blender looks legit and even the PGP key the .net site has is the same.

When I look up the transaction in the blockchain I can see that everything went through and that the transaction has been confirmed.

Have I been scammed?

Hi, bitcoinblender.net is not my site. There are many phishing/scam versions of Bitcoin Blender both on clearnet and tor with the purpose of stealing users coins. Only use the URL that is provided here on the first post on bitcointalk.org...

redballs

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:31:34 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 07:19:18 PM by redballs

Anybody still able to use this service successfully?  As a test, I deposited about an eigth of bitcoin on http://blenderri3sud4e6.onion about 24 hours ago and it still hasn't shown up in my "balance" on the site.  I verified the transaction went through with blockchain.info site and everything.  Send a message to them via their "support" link form, never got a confirmation that the message was sent, either via the web page or anything.

Starting to think the owner/operator may be a one man show, and is on vacation, or maybe it's turned into a scam site or something.

UPDATE -- Just looked at the original post of this thread and I think I have been scammed by a counterfeit site maybe?  I got the "fake" site http://blenderri3sud4e6.onion URL from the Hidden Wiki (http://kpvz7kpmcmne52qf.onion/wiki/index.php/Bitcoin_Services) -- the "real" BitCoinBlender is listed near the top of the list of "BitCoin Laundry Services" as a "protected" link, and the "fake" blender is listed toward the bottom as just "Blender".  The fake site looks pretty much exactly like the real site, so I guess I was scammed by a bad link on the Hidden Wiki.  I guess I need to get edit or feedback privs on the Hidden Wiki and flag that other site as a possible scam.
blender (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 06:09:18 PM

Anybody still able to use this service successfully?  As a test, I deposited about an eigth of bitcoin on http://blenderri3sud4e6.onion about 24 hours ago and it still hasn't shown up in my "balance" on the site.  I verified the transaction went through with blockchain.info site and everything.  Send a message to them via their "support" link form, never got a confirmation that the message was sent, either via the web page or anything.

Starting to think the owner/operator may be a one man show, and is on vacation, or maybe it's turned into a scam site or something.

UPDATE -- Just looked at the original post of this thread and I think I have been scammed by a counterfeit site maybe?  I got the "fake" site http://blenderri3sud4e6.onion URL from the Hidden Wiki (http://kpvz7kpmcmne52qf.onion/wiki/index.php/Bitcoin_Services) -- the "real" BitCoinBlender is listed near the top of the list of "BitCoin Laundry Services" as a "protected" link, and the "fake" blender is listed toward the bottom as just "Blender".  The fake site looks pretty much exactly like the real site, so I guess I was scammed by a bad link on the Hidden Wiki.  I guess I need to get edit or feedback privs on the Hidden Wiki and flag that other site as a possible scam.

Yeah, you were on a phishing site, the real onion is at the first post in this thread bitblendervrfkzr.onion. Sorry for your loss but good that you only tried with 1/8 of a bitcoin if i understood you right.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 01:32:31 PM

I've been using bitblender for at least a year now.
Never had any issues, great service Smiley

And I'm usually pretty lucky with the fees.

Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:07:19 PM

Is the site trusty ?
blender (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 01:46:05 PM

Is the site trusty ?

Yes, service works perfectly, just make sure you use the correct onion, its in the first post in this thread. bitblendervrfkzr.onion

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: