Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:37:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPonzi.Net - Offline  (Read 34671 times)
Trevor

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:32:00 AM

Also Trevor:

MASSIVE JACKPOT

Don't worry, I'm saving up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:43:12 AM

Quick question before I get some sleep. Watched a few of the fixed duration rounds just now, looks like the winning bet is usually a few seconds after the "official" expiration time, I'm guessing cuz of the way the code checks every 10 or 15 seconds, forgot which. Anyway, just wondered what happens if you send your payment after expiration, and after the code has checked?
Late bets are not checked for at all. They just end up in the wallet with no corresponding database entries. Checks happen at a random interval between 10 and 20 seconds.

I see, thanks. So I guess they count as a donation. In that case feel free to reject this idea since I'm sure none of us would begrudge you taking an occasional donation like this, but how about adding late entries to the jackpot?? Or split it 50/50 between jackpot and fee.

Also I was just reading some older posts and saw someone suggested staggered jackpots, that would be especially cool on fixed duration rounds. I think the site is great as it is, so not trying to get you to do anything, just wondered if you'd decided for or against it.
Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 11:59:07 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 12:26:58 PM by Trevor

Also I was just reading some older posts and saw someone suggested staggered jackpots, that would be especially cool on fixed duration rounds.

Speaking of fixed duration rounds, I'm gonna try and do the "Snipers Delight" round each day, to end around the same time (bout 1 or 2 am UK time) if that suits people. I'll try and get the jackpot to a size worth sniping for, but if anyone wants to help out that'd be sweet (so get in early!). If you do and I get paid out from any of the other rounds I'm in, then I'll stick the coins in there. Cool

(The round name doesn't allow apostrophes before anyone notices it probly should be Sniper's)  Tongue

Now, back to work.  Sad
ama

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 01:37:49 PM

Speaking of fixed duration rounds, I'm gonna try and do the "Snipers Delight" round each day, to end around the same time (bout 1 or 2 am UK time) if that suits people.

1 or 2am is 2 or 3am for me.  Taking into account that I usualy wake up at around 6-6:30... by that time I'm usually close to dead.   Grin

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:11:21 PM

I've got an idea for how to make the highest jackpot rounds sustainable but still allow them to end at some point.
This is copied over from the 1BTC to last post thread.
We could have a sort of variable expiration time.  With each deposit it geometrically decreases until it ends up being something like 1 hour.  Or we could halve the expiration time every 5 deposits, or every 5 btc deposited, or something like that.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:22:52 PM

Speaking of fixed duration rounds, I'm gonna try and do the "Snipers Delight" round each day, to end around the same time (bout 1 or 2 am UK time) if that suits people.
1 or 2am is 2 or 3am for me.  Taking into account that I usualy wake up at around 6-6:30... by that time I'm usually close to dead.   Grin

I wish I could wake up that early! I'm not a morning person. At all. What kind of time would people like the sniper round to finish then?? Still no deposits so maybe people don't want one  Huh  Actually got my times wrong on this one and set it to expire a bit later than I woulda liked but hey ho.

I've got an idea for how to make the highest jackpot rounds sustainable but still allow them to end at some point.
This is copied over from the 1BTC to last post thread.
We could have a sort of variable expiration time.  With each deposit it geometrically decreases until it ends up being something like 1 hour.  Or we could halve the expiration time every 5 deposits, or every 5 btc deposited, or something like that.

Now that sounds like a nice idea. Personally I like the idea that with each deposit the expiration time decreases by a fixed amount. Another idea is to have a certain jackpot value, say 10 BTC, and when it is reached the round goes from expiring after 24 hours inactivity to immediately becoming a 8 hour fixed expiration. Obviously the host could set all the exact values. Like it.
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:28:47 PM

lol someone tried to make a Vito_Corleone redux:
http://bitponzi.net/Round_High_Rollers.aspx
I actually hope it's successful because if it is then I would have much more confidence in the current demand for ponzis.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:32:54 PM

Another thought popped into my head, so just thinking out loud here, could be complete nonsense:
How bout in, say, the last hour of a fixed jackpot round you can only deposit if you have already made a deposit. Or maybe if you haven't already deposited you have to deposit, say, double the minimum bet in the last hour only. Only reason I suggest it is cuz I think we'd all be pretty peeved if we'd spent a lot of time and coins in building up a 20 BTC jackpot only for someone to show up at the last second and snipe it with 0.1 coins having contributed nothing. I guess it's not a big deal atm but if variable expiry times come in, it could be.

edit: Getting back to work now. GET THE SNIPERS DELIGHT JACKPOT MOVING!!! (please Wink)
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 03:43:48 PM

I guess we could test that.  I'm not too sure whether it'll attract further investing or not though.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 03:51:23 PM

I guess we could test that.  I'm not too sure whether it'll attract further investing or not though.

Test what?  The thing that I think would most attract investing would be the jackpot trigger... where a jackpot hitting a certain amount would instantly change the expiration to a fixed value. Thought about it and there could be some MASSIVE jackpots if it happens!
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:08:08 PM

Test what?  The thing that I think would most attract investing would be the jackpot trigger... where a jackpot hitting a certain amount would instantly change the expiration to a fixed value. Thought about it and there could be some MASSIVE jackpots if it happens!

I think it sort of seems like people would be reluctant to be the one to trigger it because then they would definitely lose their money: they would be the last to invest so they don't have much of a chance of getting paid out, and they also have no chance of winning the jackpot because people will definitely get in after them during the 8hr expiration.  If this rule is implemented there might be a fast initial investment period, then a long, slow period of sniping the 24hr jackpot, then a 0-deposit period before the last 30 minutes of the game, which will be fast.  It'll still end up lasting a very long time.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:09:25 PM

I just got an even crazier idea: every 1btc deposited after a certain point has a fixed CHANCE to trigger the fixed expiration time.  Although this is probably too convoluted.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:37:12 PM

I think it sort of seems like people would be reluctant to be the one to trigger it because then they would definitely lose their money: they would be the last to invest so they don't have much of a chance of getting paid out, and they also have no chance of winning the jackpot because people will definitely get in after them during the 8hr expiration.  If this rule is implemented there might be a fast initial investment period, then a long, slow period of sniping the 24hr jackpot, then a 0-deposit period before the last 30 minutes of the game, which will be fast.  It'll still end up lasting a very long time.

Hmm.. not quite sure if you've misunderstood the idea or if I misunderstood your response (probly bit of both Wink) I guess you're right that the person who triggers the fixed timer to start is unlikely to get paid out, although if there is a lot of sniping (which there will be if it's a big jackpot) then they have a chance, depending on the ROI. But this is no different from the fixed games as they stand. But they would still be able to try for the jackpot, so not sure where you're coming from there  Huh  As long as the trigger isn't set too high relative to the minimum deposit, I don't think it'll be too long and drawn out, but again, it'll be no different from the non-fixed games as they stand. Also, you're right that the last 30 minutes will be fast. And exciting. (I nearly **** myself when I won a 0.4 BTC jackpot yesterday  Cheesy) So you'd be getting the best (and the worst) of both types of game, with the benefit of bigger jackpots and more incentive to get in early.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 04:38:24 PM

Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:19:08 PM

Short  BIG  Payout!
  9 hrs        65%          Get in now!
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:24:13 PM

What are those numbers in the "current games" box?

(BFL)^2 < 0
Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:57:41 PM

What are those numbers in the "current games" box?

Looks like the ratio of jackpot to minimum deposit.
Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 06:16:13 PM

C'mon guys... if you're gonna try n snipe for the fixed expiry jackpot, at least contribute to it first.  Cry
ama

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 06:19:06 PM

C'mon guys... if you're gonna try n snipe for the fixed expiry jackpot, at least contribute to it first.  Cry

I think the fixed expiry takes away all the fun from the pozi game, doesn't it?

Trevor

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 08:23:39 PM

I think the fixed expiry takes away all the fun from the pozi game, doesn't it?

Know what you mean, but I think the last bit is most fun! At least only if there is something to actually snipe!! That's why I suggested that new game type. What do ya think about it? I think it has the best parts of both games, and (in theory) none of the worst parts, but not seeming to get much response so perhaps I've missed something Sad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: