Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPonzi.Net - Offline  (Read 34670 times)
ama

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 05:54:02 AM

Haven't been gambling lately but looks like a fun time to start.

I never did before, appart from the Bytcoin Pyramid, but this game I really like.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ama

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 07:56:36 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2011, 08:18:40 AM by ama

The server is doing very odd things again.  I tried to get a deposit address and got an error message from the server several times after a long time waiting for the address to be generated.  Finally I got it and sent to it, but the round doesn't seem to update.  What I sent didn't go through and the round keeps counting the time in negative, -0.10 hours and counting without saying the round is finished.

This is the error it's giving everytime you try to get a deposit address:

-----
Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

ama

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 08:38:44 AM

I am observing other rounds and the behaviour is being the same:  1) there is no way to get a deposit address due to the error, and therefore there is no way to keep playing; and 2) once the time is lower than 0 the round doesn't seem to realize it has ended.

The problem seems to also afect the performance of the server.  While trying to generate a new deposit address and before giving the error, which takes a while, everything else seems to be much slower.  I try to open the main page or another round in a different browser instance and it takes very long (usually it's very quick).

Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 09:15:40 AM

I am observing other rounds and the behaviour is being the same:  1) there is no way to get a deposit address due to the error, and therefore there is no way to keep playing; and 2) once the time is lower than 0 the round doesn't seem to realize it has ended.

The problem seems to also afect the performance of the server.  While trying to generate a new deposit address and before giving the error, which takes a while, everything else seems to be much slower.  I try to open the main page or another round in a different browser instance and it takes very long (usually it's very quick).

ama,

I experienced the same problems with Bitcoinduit. mb300sd may need to institute a hard reset on round calls for each scheduled call to scripts to update the rounds. As I recall, he's currently polling the Bitcoin server every ~10 seconds. With a server separate from the Bitcoin wallet (likely), the repeated updates can overwhelm the RPC server, causing a bottleneck and requires a Bitcoind restart in order to fix it. This is one unfortunate reality behind bitcoin RPC / server. It can act up sometimes when you call it too much.

Regards,
Jonathan

ama

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 09:32:42 AM

With a server separate from the Bitcoin wallet (likely), the repeated updates can overwhelm the RPC server, causing a bottleneck and requires a Bitcoind restart in order to fix it. This is one unfortunate reality behind bitcoin RPC / server. It can act up sometimes when you call it too much.

By "the repeated updates" do you mean that everytime someone refreshes the page the daemon is queried by RPC?  Maybe a posible solution would be to cache its response for some time (2 seconds= maybe 5 seconds?) before querying it again?

ama

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 09:34:08 AM

Well, there we go again:

-----

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available

The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 01:43:45 PM

looks like it's back up.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 02:48:57 PM

We can't keep using Google Translate...  it translates "API" to "Air pollution index" in Chinese...

(BFL)^2 < 0
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 06:54:15 PM

Ok, finally back in town.

Bitcoind is only polled by the update script every ~10 seconds and when someone gets a new address. Everything else is caches in the database. I just logged into the VPS and it seems extremely slow for some reason..

w3wp.exe is using up 300mb of 1GB of ram on it. Looks like something crashed, I killed it now, everything should be good.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 06:59:00 PM

Today seems to be more lively than last Sunday.  Anyone up for a mini-massivejackpot game? I'll put in 6btc. It'll be 30%/30% as always.  Anyone want to put in 5 to get the jackpot going?
edit: it'll be 2 hour expiration for more excitement.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 07:08:43 PM

ineedausername,

go to the services section, post the bitPonzi.net API page, and ask for web developers that have css / jquery / ajax experience. The job will be to create a functional javascript implementation of bitPonzi, using the available methods. This will likely require some rudimentary knowledge of generating proxies in php xml > json etc.

I will personally pledge 10 Bitcoins for a functional css/js framework.

Additionally, as we discussed via PM, we should engage a number of graphic designers on the forums. Ideally, each designer will be from the country or region in which the graphics / ui elements are intented. If it's the .jp version, a Japanese graphic designer is constracted. If russian, a russian graphic designer is contracted etc.. Ideally, the graphic designer will also provide a cogent translation of site and rules text.

For the graphics, I pledge 2 to 3 Bitcoins per site.

I'd also like to centralize a list of all the Bitcoin sites that take advertisement directly, as well all of the Bitcoin based advertising platforms currently running. It would be a good idea to also identify markets that are currently underserved by Ponzis, and advertise on their forums as well. Overclockers.ru, for instance.

As long as there's a mechanism for rev share to the feeder sites from bitPonzi.net, where each site has a referral code, then marketing in each region is pretty straight forward and most importantly, it's paid for.

Community thoughs and suggestions?

-Jonathan

mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 07:14:53 PM

Any reviews on the beta UI? I posted it last night from my phone, but I'm not sure if anyone used it.

http://beta.bitponzi.net/

Like/dislike? It probably didn't work very well with the server almost frozen earlier. You might not notice it at first, but it does AJAX updates, so you never have to refresh the page Smiley

mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 07:23:13 PM

I am observing other rounds and the behaviour is being the same:  1) there is no way to get a deposit address due to the error, and therefore there is no way to keep playing; and 2) once the time is lower than 0 the round doesn't seem to realize it has ended.

How many BTC did you send and to what address? I"ll send it back if I can find it.

ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 07:23:24 PM

ineedausername,

go to the services section, post the bitPonzi.net API page, and ask for web developers that have css / jquery / ajax experience. The job will be to create a functional javascript implementation of bitPonzi, using the available methods. This will likely require some rudimentary knowledge of generating proxies in php xml > json etc.

I will personally pledge 10 Bitcoins for a functional css/js framework.

Additionally, as we discussed via PM, we should engage a number of graphic designers on the forums. Ideally, each designer will be from the country or region in which the graphics / ui elements are intented. If it's the .jp version, a Japanese graphic designer is constracted. If russian, a russian graphic designer is contracted etc.. Ideally, the graphic designer will also provide a cogent translation of site and rules text.

For the graphics, I pledge 2 to 3 Bitcoins per site.

I'd also like to centralize a list of all the Bitcoin sites that take advertisement directly, as well all of the Bitcoin based advertising platforms currently running. It would be a good idea to also identify markets that are currently underserved by Ponzis, and advertise on their forums as well. Overclockers.ru, for instance.

As long as there's a mechanism for rev share to the feeder sites from bitPonzi.net, where each site has a referral code, then marketing in each region is pretty straight forward and most importantly, it's paid for.

Community thoughs and suggestions?

-Jonathan

Posted Smiley
Yes, we will probably need better advertising as well.  I like your idea of going to overclocking forums.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ama

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 07:49:08 PM

Any reviews on the beta UI? I posted it last night from my phone, but I'm not sure if anyone used it.

Like/dislike? It probably didn't work very well with the server almost frozen earlier. You might not notice it at first, but it does AJAX updates, so you never have to refresh the page Smiley

Will you also leave the old version working simultaneously?  I'd appreciate it.  I like it much better than the AJAX version, which doesn't seem to do anything at all (at least in my browser, Webkit based).

ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 07:56:58 PM

Also, permalink isn't working.
Again, anyone willing to contribute 4btc to a mini-massivejackpot game?  I'll put in 6.

(BFL)^2 < 0
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 08:05:46 PM

Will you also leave the old version working simultaneously?  I'd appreciate it.  I like it much better than the AJAX version, which doesn't seem to do anything at all (at least in my browser, Webkit based).

Strange. What browser is it exactly? I did most of the testing in Chrome, but made sure it worked in IE and Firefox as well.

ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 08:08:43 PM

Strange. What browser is it exactly? I did most of the testing in Chrome, but made sure it worked in IE and Firefox as well.

Works great on my chrome.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ama

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 08:11:03 PM

Uzbl.

ama

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 08:21:51 PM

I am observing other rounds and the behaviour is being the same:  1) there is no way to get a deposit address due to the error, and therefore there is no way to keep playing; and 2) once the time is lower than 0 the round doesn't seem to realize it has ended.

How many BTC did you send and to what address? I"ll send it back if I can find it.

I think the round was called something like diduhe or similar.  I think the addreses were;
1FKmeTTnqpYLAkqfq8Esfw4xPPozAKuhb4 (http://blockexplorer.sytes.net/address/1FKmeTTnqpYLAkqfq8Esfw4xPPozAKuhb4)
and 178Qyhtf36HnCvSQ82KgzGWdU7yLTkCkTd
(http://blockexplorer.sytes.net/address/178Qyhtf36HnCvSQ82KgzGWdU7yLTkCkTd)

It wasn't much, so it's not worth it if you have to spend too much time finding it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: