Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPonzi.Net - Offline  (Read 34670 times)
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:22:43 PM

New series are up.  Let's see how well they do.
http://old.bitponzi.net/Round_FAST_HIGH_PROFIT1.aspx
http://old.bitponzi.net/Round_DAILY_MINI_1.aspx
http://old.bitponzi.net/Round_DAILY_MID_1.aspx
http://old.bitponzi.net/Round_DAILY_LARGE_1.aspx

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2011, 09:29:23 PM

is the site taking deposits?

mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 10:16:45 PM

Should be, looks like its just been dead lately..

Has anyone ever experienced issues with bitcoind handling 2000+ transactions/~1000 addresses? It takes forever to start up now. I'm going to transfer all the bitcoins out to another client and change out the wallet file some time in the next day or 2.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Trevor

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 01:13:04 AM

Should be, looks like its just been dead lately..

Is there any advertising? I know there is one at dailybitcoins.org but it isn't very good. The bitcoinduit ad there was pretty good. I think that one brought me here.
Trevor

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 04:19:24 PM

The Forever Game

Hello everybody. The Forever Game has finally ended Sad.  It did last forever though (at least in Ponzi terms) and had a jackpot of 5.7 BTC. As promised I have sent 1/2 a coin each to the addresses of the second to last deposit and the first unpaid deposit. To be precise, I sent 0.500123 just so you know it's from me Smiley. Would be good if you could post here or pm me when you get it.

Seems like most people got paid out, so I plan to run another Forever Game. Since my last promise was quite costly (relative to my small wallet anyway), this time I will pay the same two unfortunate positions 0.1 coins each for every coin I profit, if any, (with a minimum payment of 0.1). I will reinvest most of my payouts again too. The forum has been pretty quite last few days, so an expression of interest here or by pm would be good. Depending on response, I will start the round at 11 pm official server time, either today or tomorrow. Will post beforehand, but if it is as successful as the last one it doesn't really matter since you will probably get paid anyway. Good luck Smiley. Let's hope this kicks BitPonzi back to life!
ama

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 04:49:08 PM

The Forever Game

an expression of interest here or by pm would be good.

Your rounds are, in my opinion, among (if not) the best on the site.  I'm sure there will be a lot of interest.  From my part too, although I'll probably be sleeping already, but I'll join in the morning in that case.

ama

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 05:22:42 PM

Has anyone ever experienced issues with bitcoind handling 2000+ transactions/~1000 addresses? It takes forever to start up now. I'm going to transfer all the bitcoins out to another client and change out the wallet file some time in the next day or 2.

I don't know if it'd be easy to implement or if it'd be of much help, but maybe reusing the receiving addresses (of your wallet), i.e. the sending addresses for participants, could enormously reduce the total number of addresses in your wallet.

What I mean is that for a round, if I got an address and deposited into it, that address could remain associated to me (to my participating address, actually) and further transactions to the same address could be taken as new latter deposits from me, thus eliminating the need to get a new address for every new deposit.  I hope it makes sense with my broken English after the "address" mouth full!   Grin

ama

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 06:22:31 PM

The Forever Game

Let's hope this kicks BitPonzi back to life!

It looks like the Dwarf_Bank_3 round is waking up... it's taken its time! 

fireball500

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 06:32:52 PM

The Forever Game

Hello everybody. The Forever Game has finally ended Sad.  It did last forever though (at least in Ponzi terms) and had a jackpot of 5.7 BTC. As promised I have sent 1/2 a coin each to the addresses of the second to last deposit and the first unpaid deposit. To be precise, I sent 0.500123 just so you know it's from me Smiley. Would be good if you could post here or pm me when you get it.

Seems like most people got paid out, so I plan to run another Forever Game. Since my last promise was quite costly (relative to my small wallet anyway), this time I will pay the same two unfortunate positions 0.1 coins each for every coin I profit, if any, (with a minimum payment of 0.1). I will reinvest most of my payouts again too. The forum has been pretty quite last few days, so an expression of interest here or by pm would be good. Depending on response, I will start the round at 11 pm official server time, either today or tomorrow. Will post beforehand, but if it is as successful as the last one it doesn't really matter since you will probably get paid anyway. Good luck Smiley. Let's hope this kicks BitPonzi back to life!

got my .500123, thanks!  Grin

I was bummed when it ended, I was away from my wallet and all I could do was hope someone would bump it  Sad

so I'm in if you make another one
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 07:22:56 PM

I don't know if it'd be easy to implement or if it'd be of much help, but maybe reusing the receiving addresses (of your wallet), i.e. the sending addresses for participants, could enormously reduce the total number of addresses in your wallet.

What I mean is that for a round, if I got an address and deposited into it, that address could remain associated to me (to my participating address, actually) and further transactions to the same address could be taken as new latter deposits from me, thus eliminating the need to get a new address for every new deposit.  I hope it makes sense with my broken English after the "address" mouth full!   Grin

The code uses getreceivedbyaddress to check for deposits. I suppose I could keep track of the amount an address uses and if there are any new deposits, but it seems easier to just change the wallet every couple weeks when the site needs to go down for a server reboot anyway. (windows update)

ama

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 07:44:34 PM

The code uses getreceivedbyaddress to check for deposits. I suppose I could keep track of the amount an address uses and if there are any new deposits,

It'd probably grow large due to the amount of transactions, anyway.

but it seems easier to just change the wallet every couple weeks when the site needs to go down for a server reboot anyway. (windows update)

Reboots are for hardware (or kernel) upgrades.    Wink

Trevor

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 10:26:58 PM

Your rounds are, in my opinion, among (if not) the best on the site.  I'm sure there will be a lot of interest.  From my part too, although I'll probably be sleeping already, but I'll join in the morning in that case.
Hehe... thanks very much  Grin

It looks like the Dwarf_Bank_3 round is waking up... it's taken its time! 
You can say that again!

got my .500123, thanks!  Grin

I was bummed when it ended, I was away from my wallet and all I could do was hope someone would bump it  Sad

so I'm in if you make another one
You're welcome. I was pretty annoyed when it ended too.. wanted to try and get the jackpot. My stupid wallet screwed me over though. Oh well, next time Wink. (Anyone elses wallet taking like half an hour to get up to speed after being closed for only a few hours? Not even got that many addresses or txns).

Anyway... seems people are still playing and are interested, so hopefully the next forever game will not flop. But it will have to be tomorrow night because I need to work and (more importantly) most of my coins are invested in other rounds. The closest to payout is the "Crap_but_no_risk" round... Yes that is mine, and yes I was exceptionally bored when I made it on Sunday, and no I wasn't entirely sober either Wink.  Seemed like a good idea at the time, but it's name is pretty accurate! So if someone wants to help us out, that is a good place to invest Tongue. Boring as it is, at least you'll make a few cents.

If I do get a payout, Forever Game 2 will start tomorrow at 11pm Ponzi Server time. Will announce it a couple of hours earlier just to wake ppl up. Good luck.

ama

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 11:11:36 PM

The Forever Game

an expression of interest here or by pm would be good.

From my part too, although I'll probably be sleeping already, but I'll join in the morning in that case.

Isn't the brain wonderful?  I went to bed a couple of hours ago and I was reading.  I was too tired, stop reading and passed out.  I've waken up at exactly 23:00, server time (1:00 am here).  It was to discover that there was no game for tonight, but well, my brain didn't want me to miss the start of the fun.  It'll be tomorrow.  I go back to sleep now.

ama

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 12:49:27 PM

The Micro_Ponzi round wad due almost 11 days ago, and it's still showng and counting a negative remaning time.  It doesn't matter much, since nobody has participated, but there are a few rounds where people are playing which are due soon.  What will happen if someone deposits when the remaning time is negative?  Wouls it be valid and extend the remaning time?  Or would it be not valid and the new player would loos his deposit?  I'm tented to find out by depositing something on the Micro_Ponzi round, but I'd be upset if my deposit is discarded or the host will be upset if it is not.  In any case, the outcome won't be "nice" to somebody, don't you think?

ama

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 01:21:48 PM

Well, it seems that deposits aren't even accepted for normal rounds (positive remaning time).   Sad

Trevor

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 02:22:17 PM

Well, it seems that deposits aren't even accepted for normal rounds (positive remaning time).   Sad

Sad  I thought 14 hours without a deposit was a lot! Hope mb300sd wakes up soon.
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 03:02:38 PM

Looks like the update service crashed.. restarted it and its working.

ama

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 03:06:20 PM

Isn't there a way in the horrible WinSlow to check for daemons and launch them if they aren't running?  It's really a shame that they clame they have a server version of their toy OS.

mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 03:13:54 PM

Isn't there a way in the horrible WinSlow to check for daemons and launch them if they aren't running?  It's really a shame that they clame they have a server version of their toy OS.

The service was still running, but the timer event that did the actual update checking wasn't firing for some reason.. I haven't seen it happen before, but if it happens again I'll attach a debugger before resetting it to see why.

fireball500

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 06:11:55 PM

Mini_Ponzi_2 is up!
http://old.bitponzi.net/Round_Mini_Ponzi_2.aspx

same deal as before, every time my deposit gets paid I reinvest the max (1btc in this case)

the original Mini_Ponzi worked out fairly well, but I've adjusted this one to 15/15 so more people get paid out, and I'm offering a bonus jackpot of 0.1btc each to the unfortunate 2 which will grow if the round becomes successful (or if anyone wants to donate to the bonus jackpot 15eedGvRYp9GmcXxmjbmm9BpTH4BvPP98S post here or pm so I know that its for the bonus)

if this round is successful expect to see bigger ones in the future  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: