Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:07:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Don't Black People Use Bitcoins?  (Read 10893 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 01:57:21 AM

Thanks for reading the topic beyond the title guys, I can see why people complain about this forum  Roll Eyes

I know why black people don't use bitcoins, its because bitcoiners are almost exclusively nerdy white guys. What I'm asking: In the future when bitcoin is in everyday use (and each coin is therefore massively valuable), the early adopters holding lots of currency are going to wield tremendous power in society. Would the lack of diversity amongst this group not be dangerous for wider society? It would be like only allowing white males to vote.

Even if it isn't going to be dangerous, will it be percieved to be dangerous? In this age of unparalled equality of opportunity, will the rest of the world happily accept a new economic order in which (surprise!) white guys are right at the top again? These are legitimate questions.

For some reason, this guy is giving me a hard-on. There is nothing stopping a single black guy or gal from coming along and busting this Bitcoin thing wide open. Are you telling me that if a black person came along and starting implementing an excellent idea, the nerdy white folks here will suppress his or her idea?

Post 21, here I cum come.

PS: Hockey should be banned. And NASCAR. And boycott Lord of the Rings. And no conventions in Argentina unless there are 50% blacks in the audience. And don't watch the Jetsons. And quit reading the Watchtower and Awake.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 02:03:37 AM

Liberals will say literally anything is racist or sexist or homophobic, it's some kind of cry for attention I think.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:09:43 AM

Liberals will say literally anything is racist or sexist or homophobic, it's some kind of cry for attention I think.
I can't believe you are still here. That should be regarded as a malicious link (warrants for ban).
Stalin-chan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:10:08 AM

Why aren't there any black people in MLP?
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 02:13:16 AM

Why aren't there any black people in MLP?

A reasonable question.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010/12/24/my-little-non-homophobic-non-racist-non-smart-shaming-pony-a-rebuttal/

Color has never, ever been depicted as a race indicator for the ponies. When your characters are purple, blue, orange, yellow, black, white, red, green and pink, who’s to say which is supposed to signify a white person, a black person, an Asian person? The only races in My Little Pony are Earth Pony, Pegasus and Unicorn, and they are all treated equally, ruled by a leader who embodies the traits of all three  This leader is white only to signify day, and she co-rules with her sister, who is purple to signify night. Additionally, I’d just like to assure anyone who might still question the guards at the foot of the Princess’s throne that their colors were picked arbitrarily–and they are paid for their service.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 02:22:21 AM

How is bitcoin "white" only? It was invented by a Japanese, the russian subforum is the second largest, https://btcchina.com exchange is one of the biggest international ones, despite the fact that china is behind a "great firewall", there is this guy. Aaaand we have this: http://www.bitcoinmap.com
Obviously most people reside in first world countries, but pcs and mobile devices are widespread even in "3rd World" countries.
Everybody who has the will can contribute, there are no restrictions. And bitcoin, obviously, does not see "colour".

bye

Both the coins and the smileys seem suspiciously yellow to me  Smiley

This issue will be addressed at the next Bitcoin convention.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 02:27:09 AM

you people have no idea what trolling is, do you? As soon as I actually stopped trolling on this forum, I am accused of it with every post. sigh.

I mean, I make a thread about literally printing the blockchain in a series of books and nobody bats an eye.  But you make one thread discussing the wider societal implications of the success of bitcoin... and suddenly everyone is crying out because of the nasty troll. Get a clue.

It's kindof predictable though: such decrying tactics are typical responses from those who are yet to confront their own privileges. They are simple deflections, to avoid and delegitimise awkward questions about equality and race...

I could use the same argument if I were to start a thread stating that a rape victim deserved it because of the clothes she wore. Any of my past post would have no bearing on my new fictitious thread.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 02:41:30 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2011, 02:53:39 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I'm "black" and I use bitcoin and I had a good laugh reading some of the posts on this thread.

Who lent you the money to get into bitcoin?
Moron...

The trolls now become racist, oh what a surprise!

Who lent the troll money to get a computer?

Well, this thread was fun.

PS: No African-Americans in next U.S. Senate: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/02/no-african-americans-in-next-u-s-senate/
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:14:27 AM

No, it's more like because the parents weren't prepared or chose not to properly pay for what their child was worth.

That's not a question. It's not a matter of what you deserve. It's a matter of fate. It's something that cannot be controlled nor does it determine an individuals happiness in the long run.
I can say from a first-hand perspective that a good majority of the world's impoverished are the happiest people on the planet.

Really? You've managed to meet the majority of the world's poor people in your 17 years on this Earth? Or you just don't know what "first-hand" means?

Actually there are numerous studies that show people's happiness is at its lowest level when they're poorest. It keeps rising with income until you hit middle class and then it mostly levels off. Increases in income above the middle class result in very small additional gains in happiness.  But common sense should tell you this much, shouldn't it? All other things being equal, the person who doesn't have to choose between medicine and food will be happier than the one who does.

Of course, like all actual evidence that doesn't match up with what you believe, these facts will be discarded in your mind and replaced with cobbled together anecdotes and assumptions that fake smiles store clerks are required by company policy to flash at you are evidence of happiness.

There's nothing wrong with being poor. That's where I stand. It's only a problem today because the laws inflate the cost of living artificially and prevent one of minimal skill to sustain themselves. Their is not a safety net in this society. There is only a prison for those who are lesser off. The corporatist governments have cut the lower rungs of the ladder and have told people they can only jump. Some do successfully. Most do not.

Sorry but nobody is entitled to an easy life start. It should be inherent since most people easily gain valuable skills. In an ideal society, I would imagine most companies training its employees from the very beginning. It shouldn't take economic slavery (taxation) to get people up and running. It's only like this because the cost of education, again, is overinflated by our corporatist paradigm.

In any case, I appreciate where you come from. We both want the society be a happier place; however, we have very different perspectives.

See, this is the problem with hardcore ideologues. Their beliefs are more important than results. Living in a tar paper shack with no running water or electricity and working for less than minimum wage with no health benefits is preferable to what things are like for the average person in, say, Western Europe today. Because those people who enjoy a healthy modern standard of living are SLAVES to taxes! Really, Atlas. Why don't you take a step back and look at those two living situations objectively and tell me which one sounds more like the life of a slave.

I don't think you want society to be a happier place at all. If you did, you'd believe in something that benefited more than 1% of society. Your response to people pointing out massive inequalities in the current system and the obvious exacerbation of those problems in your preferred system is to essentially shrug, say "life's not fair", and call them jealous. Your response to the problems of poverty is to try to redefine poverty to such a low level that only the most destitute of Sub-Saharan Africans would qualify. In fact, your whole solution to poverty is literally a smug "hey buddy, you could be poorer!" You're fine with creating conditions where a worker has little or no choice but to sign on for a job that will break him physically, emotionally, and spiritually while his employer makes 50 times more money from his work than what he gets paid. But taxing that factory owner enough that he won't be able to afford a second helicopter for his yacht and using that money to benefit the workers he's exploiting is STEALING and STEALING IS BAD.

Of course, in Atlas' fairy tale capitalism, the business owners will reward hard work and not just exploit you to death. And any evidence of them doing exactly that at every opportunity in the past, present, or future is somehow the government's fault. It doesn't even have to make sense. You can even blame the regulations that keep workers safe for employers exploiting their workers. If you attack corporations, that's the government's fault because of limited liability. When you point out private companies that do the same shit, well, that somehow ends up being the government's fault, too. Probably those pesky safety regulations again.

Here's a preview of Atlas' first job: he works his ass off, but it doesn't matter because everyone he works with thinks he's a pompous jerk who constantly uses and misuses big words to make himself seem smart and disguise how simplistic his worldview really is. He gets fired officially for being five minutes late, but really because nobody could stand him. He somehow manages to blame this on the government.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 04:29:52 AM

The Hook Up http://thingsthatblackpeoplelike.wordpress.com/

The hook up means so many different things, but for the most part within the black community it means to have someone give you a deal on something rather than paying full or original price.  This isn’t like a “sale” or a “bargain deal,” these are things that are offered by someone who has the ability to give it away or sell it at a reasonable price.  These types of  “hook ups” are usually hush and aren’t advertised as they are a beneficial privilege, which isn’t to be offered to any and everyone just those who were at the right place at the right time or knew the right people.

If you work somewhere that has hook up potential, you will definitely be asked if you can “hook” something up, such as if you work in a department store, amusement park, club, bar, electronics store, movie theatre, etc.  Anywhere where the products or services can be rendered.  Often times there are people who will use the hook up factor as a means of income for those who anticipate the hook up!  There are people who get several tickets to games and concerts and will stand in front of these events to sell the tickets at a lower price and therefore the person receiving them has now been “hooked up.”  The DVD and CD bootleg industry is a very large part of the black community, you can see these people selling these anywhere from the street corners in black communities to barber and beauty shops.

The hook up, is something that is a self-made perk within the black community.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:02:37 AM

Simple question: I'd like to discuss the demographics of the bitcoin community.
Why are there no people of color promoting bitcoin? What is it about bitcoin that disproportionately attracts white males? Could this extreme lack of diversity be ultimately harmful to bitcoin?

Nice shortcut : I don't see black people in the handful of NYC nerds who promote Bitcoin, therefore Bitcoin caters only to White Anglo Saxon Protestants...
Not sure if you are a troll, a racist who tries to act concerned or a plain idiot...
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:06:05 AM

PS: Hockey should be banned. And NASCAR. And boycott Lord of the Rings. And no conventions in Argentina unless there are 50% blacks in the audience. And don't watch the Jetsons. And quit reading the Watchtower and Awake.

NOW YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR!

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
herzmeister
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 07:42:19 AM

In fact, one of the first videos I viewed was of a black miner.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 08:22:45 AM

I'm "black" and I use bitcoin and I had a good laugh reading some of the posts on this thread.

Who lent you the money to get into bitcoin?

Can't you see from my avatar? I'm rich

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 09:08:41 AM

Simple question: I'd like to discuss the demographics of the bitcoin community.

Why are there no people of color promoting bitcoin? What is it about bitcoin that disproportionately attracts white males?

I think we can conclude that in general black people are smarter than white people? Wink Tongue

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
indicasteve

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 09:26:16 AM

We don't see a lot of black people up here in Northern Canada.

But from my observations I can make several general assumptions: Black people don't like curling nor hockey nor country music and they hate getting their ride stuck in the snow and they totally suck at camouflage.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 09:53:47 AM

In fact, one of the first videos I viewed was of a black miner.

WOW! You quoting me, made me realize what I had wrote. I inject a lot of clean humor on this board, but believe me when I state that I was not implying anything different than the black gentleman on YouTube discussing his Bitcoin mining rig. I'll take it for granted that your post was only directed toward my post and that you meant no harm either. Nice catch, herzmeister, and I did enjoy a chuckle, but afterwards I felt it important to clarify my thinking, hence this post.

NOW YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR!

Assuming your post was in jest, I'll take it a tad further.

I can't figure out how I hit your nerve, but I believe I have it narrowed down to NASCAR or JW's Watchtower. Assuming the latter, I inserted the following pic to make you feel better.

Luckily for us me, there's a YouTube video that nearly follows the same timeline as this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0nnFn48VM

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 09:59:53 AM

But from my observations I can make several general assumptions: Black people don't like curling nor hockey nor country music and they hate getting their ride stuck in the snow and they totally suck at camouflage.

"Say it ain't so, Joe!"

FlipPro
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:41:00 AM

"Say it ain't so, Joe!"

I can't tell when you are serious, or when you're trolling lol.
indio007

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 12:03:18 PM

I'm quite surprised this thread even exists among this community. Out of all the people in the world i though you guys would know that race is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT that has ZERO basis in biology. According to the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature there is no racial differentiation based on biology in man. It's another devious control mechanism created by the PTB to keep the poor blaming other poor for their problems. C'mon guys you are smarter than that.

I find it ironic that there is a picture of Morgan Freeman in this thread .

Well listen to what he says about race.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=1131418n

and Slavery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL64gY79QkA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: