Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:52:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914103 times)
Sparkzor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:14:14 AM

idunno how people say its the most profitable. there are so many other coins more profitable!!

Which coins are more profitable to mine?
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
Top 20 here?
Mintcoin, Frycoin... Radioactivecoin for god sake!

I probably shouldn't offer my differing viewpoint, as it could only encourages more folks to mine, and that's bad for me, but here goes:  With about 4Gh/s on Keccak (about 8Mh/s on Scrypt) I should be able to generate anywhere from 80-100 coins in a day at the moment.  That's good for about 0.12-0.15 BTC.  Using the same hashing power, the best I can do with Dogecoin is about 0.156 according to coinwarz.  Doge is by far the top of the list on coinwarz, as the other top 5 or 6 are all ephemeral, and only show up for an hour at a time when difficulty drops precipitously by 50% or more. 

Also, this (very) recent spike in Doge profitability is fleeting, as Doge will likely drop once the hype surrounding the block reward change fades.  The value has about doubled in 36 hours, and the difficulty has only gone up about 20% (look at profitability ratio compared to BTC on the far right column, then compare instantaneous to 14 day average). 

Also, I'm pretty sure a number of us are mining Max with the hope that at least ONE pump will come along and make it all worth it, but if it doesn't, it's still at or very near the top of the list in profitability.

To be honest, I'm tempted to just go back to middle coin, but I'm pretty fed up with that service, as I don't think I've EVER matched the profitability ratio average of the entire pool.  Plus, it's kind of fun to tinker with different coins.  I've hit break even on my gear, so I'm not afraid to speculate with some of my hash power from here.

And peripherally, I just like Keccak better than Scrypt.  It keeps my rigs nice and cool, I can use them while mining with lower intensities, and I have cgwatcher for restarting the miner when it dumps.
How much do you think I can get per day with about 600mhps? I like scrypt-jane and Keccak for the reason the GPU's are really, really cool. I think I might mine Max for a while, I've earned almost 1 btc mining it for 24 hours (when amd-miner came) and I just saw the price drop and drop.
I didn't want to be rude or anything, apologizes for that. But I just know that it wasn't worth mining with 600mhps a few days ago since I would get about 0.02 or something... I've been mining mint and kdc (the price on KDC is really, really low right now. It's 1/10th of it's peak and it's not on cryptsy yet. Probably on cryptsy next batch. So if you want to go long-term, you should direct your miners there for a while. I guess you have about 8mhps which would give you almost 2k coins per day.)
The price of KDC was stable at 9k sat for a really long time, last weeks peak was at 15k sat. All-time peak was 43k sat.
Neon001

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:25:09 AM

How much do you think I can get per day with about 600mhps? I like scrypt-jane and Keccak for the reason the GPU's are really, really cool. I think I might mine Max for a while, I've earned almost 1 btc mining it for 24 hours (when amd-miner came) and I just saw the price drop and drop.
I didn't want to be rude or anything, apologizes for that. But I just know that it wasn't worth mining with 600mhps a few days ago since I would get about 0.02 or something... I've been mining mint and kdc (the price on KDC is really, really low right now. It's 1/10th of it's peak and it's not on cryptsy yet. Probably on cryptsy next batch. So if you want to go long-term, you should direct your miners there for a while. I guess you have about 8mhps which would give you almost 2k coins per day.)
The price of KDC was stable at 9k sat for a really long time, last weeks peak was at 15k sat. All-time peak was 43k sat.

I'm no mining pro - just offering my thoughts, such as they are.  I think you're right in that there are other great ways to make money, but I do think that Max is near the top of profitability at the current time.  As I said previously, I've been sticking with middle coin for quite a while, and I've done a bit of renting my rigs out on betarigs as well since I didn't feel like speculating. It really sounds like you know what's what with the new coins, so stick with that.  As far as how much you can make with MAX, I admit that the difficulty has gone up modestly since I mined for a good 24 hours or so with my 4GH/s, but according to my pool's estimates, 4GH/s should be worth about 125-130 MAX per day.  So I guess you can do the math on your hash power from there. 
Sparkzor

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:31:26 AM

I'm no mining pro - just offering my thoughts, such as they are.  I think you're right in that there are other great ways to make money, but I do think that Max is near the top of profitability at the current time.  As I said previously, I've been sticking with middle coin for quite a while, and I've done a bit of renting my rigs out on betarigs as well since I didn't feel like speculating. It really sounds like you know what's what with the new coins, so stick with that.  As far as how much you can make with MAX, I admit that the difficulty has gone up modestly since I mined for a good 24 hours or so with my 4GH/s, but according to my pool's estimates, 4GH/s should be worth about 125-130 MAX per day.  So I guess you can do the math on your hash power from there. 
I would get around 0.02 per day which isn't very great... If I would have a bigger rig and could "risk" mining Max and still earn big money, I would! But with 1.3mhps scrypt I cannot risk it as much!
But I think you should take a look at KDC and Mint, they could get really big! Smiley
DarthScabrous

Activity: 36
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:32:54 AM
Merited by Beachguy (20)

Mining on maxcoinpool.com right now.  Only problem is this.  My worker is connected, as when I go to my workers, it shows that it is active and mining away.  But the dashboard still shows me at 0, after 20 minutes.  Also, my cpu miner isn't shown as active at all, although every once in a while I get accepted shares on it.
luckyguy08

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:20:35 AM

can't build cryptpp
please help me
Code:
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src\cryptopp>mingw32-make -f GNUmakefile
'uname' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, uname, ...) failed.
'egrep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
g++ -DNDEBUG -O -g0 -native -template=no%extdef  -DCRYPTOPP_INCLUDE_VECTOR_CC -c shacal2.cpp
g++: error: unrecognized option '-native'
g++: error: unrecognized option '-template=no%extdef'
mingw32-make: *** [shacal2.o] Error 1
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:46:26 AM

can't build cryptpp
please help me
Code:
g++ -DNDEBUG -O -g0 -native -template=no%extdef  -DCRYPTOPP_INCLUDE_VECTOR_CC -c shacal2.cpp

I used mingw built fine
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:47:35 AM

Keiser go jump inte to a cactus please. You fucked this up as much as possible, you are a failure. Cactus = train mabye? //dolan

Its more gpu miners and devs that messed it up if they randomized the algo gpu wouldnt be possible yet. 

Gpu miners dont care about the value.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:02:40 AM

Keiser go jump inte to a cactus please. You fucked this up as much as possible, you are a failure. Cactus = train mabye? //dolan

Its more gpu miners and devs that messed it up if they randomized the algo gpu wouldnt be possible yet. 

Nor does Keiser.

sussex

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:06:08 AM

Now Max Kaiser is claiming that Scottland might adopt Max Coin.... things are getting out of hand and I think this coin has gone to his head. He might end up getting his ass hauled into the authorities for trying to manipulate price of Maxcoin.

its one thing to make off-the-cuff comments and endless tweet rants when what you say has no effect on the market.. its another thing completely when it does have a direct effect.

It might end up badly for Max if he isn't careful.. but ironically his coin may live on...

he could end up being the Che Geuvara of Crypto's,,, lol

More like the Bernie Madoff of cryptos.

I'm not sure he would be hauled in either, what law has he broken?
deathchuck

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:07:45 AM

What happen with Maxcoin at now?.

What happen?

Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:24:20 AM

Mining is an art not a science, that's why middlecoin sucks. Can it tell you which coin could possibly increase in value in the future? No, that's where it fails.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:40:45 AM

Nor does Keiser.

Keiser is playing it smart he knows he cant keep talking about it. it will only work a few times so hes waiting for the buy price and he will step in as will realsolid.. those two are enough to put the gpu miners in the corner with their tail inbetween their legs.
sussex

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:54:35 AM

Nor does Keiser.

Keiser is playing it smart he knows he cant keep talking about it. it will only work a few times so hes waiting for the buy price and he will step in as will realsolid.. those two are enough to put the gpu miners in the corner with their tail inbetween their legs.

Wow, hook, line and the keiser sinker......  Roll Eyes
sussex

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:09:32 AM

People telling him like it is...................

http://www.maxkeiser.com/2014/02/maxcoin-has-something-different-that-makes-it-an-exquisite-altcoin-in-the-ever-expanding-universe-of-virtual-currencies/

Surprised it hasn't been sanitised...........
luckyguy08

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:15:46 AM

can't build cryptpp
please help me
Code:

I used mingw built fine

which qt version did you use ?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:16:49 AM

can't build cryptpp
please help me
Code:

I used mingw built fine

which qt version did you use ?

Qt 5.2.0
luckyguy08

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:00:25 AM

Code:
andomPool'
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/randpool.h:12: undefined reference to `vtable for CryptoPP::R
andomPool'
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/randpool.h:12: undefined reference to `vtable for CryptoPP::R
andomPool'
obj/key.o: In function `~Integer':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/integer.h:26: undefined reference to `vtable for CryptoPP::In
teger'
obj/key.o: In function `ZN8CryptoPP20AllocatorWithCleanupIjLb1EE10deallocateEPvj':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/secblock.h:109: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeal
locate(void*)'
obj/key.o: In function `~SecBlock':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/secblock.h:112: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::UnalignedDe
allocate(void*)'
obj/key.o: In function `~ECP':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/ecp.h:30: undefined reference to `vtable for CryptoPP::ECP'
obj/key.o: In function `~AbstractGroup':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/algebra.h:24: undefined reference to `vtable for CryptoPP::Ab
stractGroup<CryptoPP::ECPPoint>'
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/algebra.h:24: undefined reference to `vtable for CryptoPP::Ab
obj/key.o:key.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTVN8CryptoPP20AutoSeededRandomPoolE[vtable for CryptoPP::AutoSeededRando
mPool]+0x18): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomPool::IncorporateEntropy(unsigned char const*,
 unsigned int)'
obj/key.o:key.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTVN8CryptoPP20AutoSeededRandomPoolE[vtable for CryptoPP::AutoSeededRando
mPool]+0x20): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateByte()'
mPool]+0x24): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateBit()'
mPool]+0x28): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateWord32(unsigned int,
unsigned int)'
mPool]+0x2c): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateBlock(unsigned char*,
 unsigned int)'
mPool]+0x30): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::DiscardBytes(unsigned int)'
mPool]+0x34): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomPool::GenerateIntoBufferedTransformation(Crypt
oPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::string const&, unsigned long long)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make: *** [maxcoind.exe] Error 1

C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src>

mingw32-make -f makefile.mingw
how to fix this error
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:19:36 AM

LINUX COMPILE THE WALLET MANUAL

now also with MAXCOIN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460178.msg5094447#msg5094447

* Ubuntu 12 or Debian 7
* your wallet in the cloud, 24/7 on
* just buy yourself a 5$/month VPS droplet
* you can also run other tools like block explorer, CPU-miner etc.
* for future coinstarts:
   already have a wallet when windows user don't have a wallet yet
* for getting into the linux world
* for looking up a detail when you got stuck while building your wallet

:-)
HTH

no sign of a signature
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:53:18 AM

Code:
andomPool'
andomPool'
andomPool'
obj/key.o: In function `~Integer':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/integer.h:26: undefined reference to `vtable for CryptoPP::In
teger'
obj/key.o: In function `ZN8CryptoPP20AllocatorWithCleanupIjLb1EE10deallocateEPvj':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/secblock.h:109: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::AlignedDeal
locate(void*)'
obj/key.o: In function `~SecBlock':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/secblock.h:112: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::UnalignedDe
allocate(void*)'
obj/key.o: In function `~ECP':
C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src/cryptopp/ecp.h:30: undefined reference to `vtable for CryptoPP::ECP'
obj/key.o: In function `~AbstractGroup':
mPool]+0x18): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomPool::IncorporateEntropy(unsigned char const*,
 unsigned int)'
mPool]+0x20): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateByte()'
mPool]+0x24): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateBit()'
mPool]+0x28): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateWord32(unsigned int,
unsigned int)'
mPool]+0x2c): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateBlock(unsigned char*,
 unsigned int)'
mPool]+0x30): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::DiscardBytes(unsigned int)'
mPool]+0x34): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomPool::GenerateIntoBufferedTransformation(Crypt
oPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::string const&, unsigned long long)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make: *** [maxcoind.exe] Error 1

C:\Maxcoin\maxcoin-master\src>

mingw32-make -f makefile.mingw
how to fix this error

Using latest source? Looks like cryptopp lib isnt being linked in makefile.. look at other makefiles.

I thought I fixed this for them.. maybe they didnt take my fix for this.
Mirkic7

Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:07:56 AM

->> http://maxpool.sytes.net <<-
Need more workers!
  • 0% fee
  • Stratum with Variable Difficulty
  • cgminer/cudamier/cpuminer supported
  • Correct HashRates
  • Based on MPOS
  • Proportional payment sytem

Another block found Smiley
Join us! Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: