Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:01:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914086 times)
boraxo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:52:13 PM

...I checked the page with the default difff. and after 12 hours I compared with my gains...

Over the last two days there have been massive DDOS attacks on several pools.  Thus, you may not have been mining the entire 12 hours.

That's why I use 1gh as my main pool, with failover to dwarfpool if 1gh goes down.  Dwarfpool's US server, moria, seems to be down more than its French server, erebor, so even though I'm in the western US I use erebor.  Like this (I'm running Linux):

#!/bin/bash
# /usr/bin/run_cgminer, to restart cgminer if it segfaults
# to run: start a terminal window, then enter rxvt -e /usr/bin/run_cgminer
# to halt: Ctrl-C the run_cgminer window, then Ctrl-C the main terminal window within the 5 seconds before run_cgminer restarts.

export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

while [ true ]; do

/mnt/sda1/Downloads/MAXCOIN/cgminer-3.7.2/cgminer_keccak-master/cgminer --no-submit-stale --keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mS47ysKD6Zh14v2N6dZPqBXDNL3JYFQ9kV -p x --failover-only -o "stratum+tcp://erebor.dwarfpool.com:3339" -u mS47ysKD6Zh14v2N6dZPqBXDNL3JYFQ9kV -p 1 -I 13 --auto-fan --temp-target 75

sleep 5

done

Also, be sure to use the version of cgminer 3.7.2 available from 1gh (it compiles as 3.7.3).  It gives a 10-15% boost in MH/s over the earlier 3.3.6 version.  And on my Linux, I had to use Catalyst 14 beta (13.35), not 13.1, to get the 290X to run at full speed.

Here's what the run_cgminer window looks like.  At the moment, 1gh is down due to DDOS attack, so I'm mining on erebor (dwarfpool):

http://i57.tinypic.com/b6d0ki.png

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:55:45 PM

Article written about the Maxcoin launch and its current success to date.

Come leave your opinion about the current state of MAXCOIN:

http://altcoinauthority.com/2014/02/maxcoin-maxfail-or-maximum-success/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
onliner

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:56:34 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 11:08:35 PM by onliner

...I checked the page with the default difff. and after 12 hours I compared with my gains...

Over the last two days there have been massive DDOS attacks on several pools.  Thus, you may not have been mining the entire 12 hours.

1gh have failover server too: maxpool2.1gh.com:17333.

Anonymous MAXCOIN Independent POOL - http://1GH.com/ (i am a fan Cool)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAXCOIN MINING GUIDE -> http://goo.gl/W8Els1   Wallet guide! (run and wait 10..30 min!) -> goo.gl/P5RmQ8 + Nodes -> goo.gl/K5hqet
fcode

Activity: 170

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:28:47 PM

Try putting a fan (at least 12cm) right at r290(x) side (near the card fan, 90 degrees to the mainboard), blowing in the card direction. Helped me reducing the noise greatly (it also reduced power consumption, the r290 fan sucks a lot of electricity when turning fast).

Not enough room to do that on my rig.  It's not on a tabletop, rather in a desktop tower case.  The 290X is on the first (physically, the upper) pci-e slot and the 260X sits below it on the second pci-e slot.  Out from the end of the 290X, the hard disk carrier occupies the rest of the space to the front of the case.

I point a fan at the side of the tower case. So the fan is parallel with the motherboard blowing fresh air at the top of the cards and their fans suck that in.  I think that might be what he meant, putting an extra fan blowing in to the existing card's fan doesn't make any sense.
boraxo

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:32:05 PM

Try putting a fan (at least 12cm) right at r290(x) side (near the card fan, 90 degrees to the mainboard), blowing in the card direction. Helped me reducing the noise greatly (it also reduced power consumption, the r290 fan sucks a lot of electricity when turning fast).

Not enough room to do that on my rig.  It's not on a tabletop, rather in a desktop tower case.  The 290X is on the first (physically, the upper) pci-e slot and the 260X sits below it on the second pci-e slot.  Out from the end of the 290X, the hard disk carrier occupies the rest of the space to the front of the case.

I point a fan at the side of the tower case. So the fan is parallel with the motherboard blowing fresh outside air at the top of the cards and their fans suck that in.  I think that might be what he meant, putting an extra fan blowing in to the existing card's fan doesn't make any sense.

I think he meant putting a fan near the front of the case, blowing across the top (side without a fan) of the 290X.  But in my tower case there just isn't room.  I have an 80 mm fan arranged as you suggest, blowing across the short dimension of the cards onto the motherboard (the side case cover is off).
scutzi128

Activity: 476
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:38:07 PM

Android ticker app as retweeted on Max Keiser's Twitter.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incrediapp.maxcoin.price.ticker.widget.alerts
fcode

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:42:13 PM

Yeah, I don't know. You need a bigger fan though. 120mm or 140mm at least and preferably one of the super thick high pressure units. You can run these relatively slow and they still move a massive amount of air.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:17:35 PM

I point a fan at the side of the tower case. So the fan is parallel with the motherboard blowing fresh outside air at the top of the cards and their fans suck that in.  I think that might be what he meant, putting an extra fan blowing in to the existing card's fan doesn't make any sense.

I think he meant putting a fan near the front of the case, blowing across the top (side without a fan) of the 290X.  But in my tower case there just isn't room.  I have an 80 mm fan arranged as you suggest, blowing across the short dimension of the cards onto the motherboard (the side case cover is off).

Exactly. The other configuration (parallel to the mainboard) has proven to be much less effective (at least in my case... And in my case he he ;-) )

boraxo

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:37:42 PM

Exactly. The other configuration (parallel to the mainboard) has proven to be much less effective (at least in my case... And in my case he he ;-) )

I now have arranged a 12V 120 mm muffin fan, re-wired to use the 5V supply, to blow across the top of the 290X.  This is in addition to the 80 mm fan which cools the 260X.  

The 120 mm fan is not at the front of the case, rather sits on top of the card about 1 inch from the rear of the case.  I can mine now at 540-590 MH/s without damaging my hearing (core=900 mem=750, case cover is off).  Good Lord--you could heat a studio apartment with this thing.
Nutnut

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:47:11 PM

Hi Boraxo,

Firstly let me apologize for your difficulties but some of them could be avoided.

You have made a few posts about us so i'll do my best to address them all.... (sorry for the long post guys but the points needed addressing....)

...So I guess that nut2pools was a scam pool too.
I'm getting paid fine and the automatic withdrawal's are working great.

Goody for you, but nut2pool still has my 10 MAX and its proprietor has not gotten back to me.

For now I'm sticking to 1gh and dwarfpool.  Those pay, are anonymous, and I can readily see my progress by hitting F5.

No - we are not a scam pool. We (I) have been around longer than most. I'm am a core dev for FTC, A moderator for WDC, A dev on MPOS (the pool software that everyone uses) and channel op in the main MPOS channels among other things. My reputation means more to me than 10MAX I can assure you!

...Just so everyone knows, You can see your progress when you log in to nut2pool.

But that is exactly the problem: I *can't log in* to nut2pool.  If I try using username boraxo it tells me I need to log in with an email address.  If I try logging in with username my email address, it stops accepting keystrokes at 20 characters, so won't take my full email address.

And its owner has neither paid me (as I specifically requested, in email) nor answered my email.

It does accept more than 20 chars in the email login box i can assure you as my email address is more than 20 chars as are many users. As for the email you sent, sorry but i never received it, not sure why, i do need to look at the email system though tbh. If you responded withing the ticket i would have seen it though and replied.

Same goes for nut2pools, stay at the trusted ones!...Nut2pools have been here for quite some time...I always mine there if he provide an pool for the coin I'm currently after! And no, I'm not an owner/partner of nut2pools!

Regardless of your effervescent praise, he still has my 10 MAX, and he still hasn't paid me.  

No, i have your 9.44810492 which is why you haven't received your coins as you have set you payout threshold to 10.

Same goes for nut2pools, stay at the trusted ones!...Nut2pools have been here for quite some time...I always mine there if he provide an pool for the coin I'm currently after! And no, I'm not an owner/partner of nut2pools!

Regardless of your effervescent praise, he still has my 10 MAX, and he still hasn't paid me. 

However, I see by the notice on his front page that he is shutting down the pool on Sunday February 23rd and will pay everybody then.

What pool are you talking about?

max.nut2pools.com

Ah--sorry.  That notice is on the FTC pool front page https://ftc.nut2pools.com/

Perhaps it is telling that the FTC pool front page does not show a MAX pool.

And he still has neither paid me nor replied to my followup email.

A quick ninja edit by yourself there as you removed the "However, I see by the notice on his front page that he is shutting down the pool on Sunday February 23rd and will pay everybody then." when you realised you had logged into the wrong pool. Svennands quote caught it though. Apology accepted. Smiley Again - sorry about the mail, i simply didn't receive it.

Here is my reply to his ticket response:

Sent:   Tue 2/18/14 10:34 AM
To:    Support (support@nut2pools.com)

I am unable to log into the account using either the username boraxo or the email address xxx and the password which I established when I registered.

When I click the "Forgot your password?" link, I am prompted to enter the email address to where a password reset will be sent.  However when I attempt to enter this email address, it only lets me get as far as (first 20 characters of email address) before the entry field will accept no more characters.  Attempting to enter my username "boraxo" results in an "Unable to find a mail address for user boraxo" message.

So, your pool is not automatically transferring my mined coins to my wallet, and I am unable to manually withdraw them because I can't log into my account.

Please transfer my balance to my MAX receive address:

mS47ysKD6Zh14v2N6dZPqBXDNL3JYFQ9kV

Thank you.

(me)

Actions

Support (support@nut2pools.com)
Add to contacts
2/18/14
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: (my email)
Picture of Support
Sent:   Tue 2/18/14 9:10 AM
To:    (my email)

-- do not edit --

(me),

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #705064 with the following response:

hi,

not sure where you are looking but i see LOADS of credits to your account of .2 - .3 max every 30 minutes.

You have nearly 10 max on your account now.

Regards

Nut

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

https://suppo[Suspicious link removed]t2pools.com/view.php?t=705064&e=(my email)&a=9f3e00a538060e4e77730ae225ce7789

Again - didn't receive the mail. BUT the reset password page does allow more than 20 chars and DOES say you can enter your USERNAME OR EMAIL. I KNOW that you were logging in to the the wrong pool as the MAX pool uses the latest MPOS code base which doesn't have the 20 char limit but some of my other pools run the OLD codebase which did have that bug. Also that would explain why you got the "Unable to find a mail address for user boraxo" message.

Find it odd that you get error on password retrieval, will ask him to check the source code for limitation on that field. Login isn't an issue with 20+ char email address.
This will be resolved quick  Wink
max.nut2pools.com

Thank you for your assistance.  

The main login did accept my full 25-character email address, but told me that my password is incorrect.  I'm using Linux, so have middleclick-paste capability.  I write all the registration information in a textfile, kept on a USB stick.  I open this textfile in Geany and then highlight-and-middleclick into the registration page's individual entry fields.  Conceivably, I might have absent-mindedly pasted-in the password from another pool.  Or, equally conceivably, a cosmic ray may have flipped a few bits either in his server's memory or on its hard drive, thus blowing either my email address or my password into the netherworld.  I've been using personal computers since 1985 and have twice experienced data changes which there is no other way to account for other than by random bit-flips in RAM.

Bit flips on server with ECC RAM in a T4 datacenter in 2014?  No. I think it's more likely that you "Conceivably, I might have absent-mindedly pasted-in the password from another pool." as it appears that you have tried the wrong pool more than once...

Again, Sorry for the no reply of email, you got me there and i'll be looking at the incoming mail system in the next few days

If you try resetting your password on the right pool i'm sure it will work.

Regards

Nut

boraxo

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:06:15 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 10:43:30 PM by boraxo

Well I'll be.  It just accepted my email address and password.   My original password which I set when first I registered.  This is at

https://max.nut2pools.com/index.php?page=login

So, I must have been trying to log in on some other page.

And I think I know which one.  If I go to

https://nut2pools.com

it does not allow me to log in using my email and password.  This page must have been where I was trying to log in to.

I suggest you make clear on this page that, in order to log in, the user must first be on the specific coin pool he is trying to access.

As for your suggestion that I keep to the ticket, there is a notification in your first email response to my original ticket inquiry, specifically stating that I am to reply not on a ticket but rather in a followup reply email, which I did.   I refrained from public mention of it on this forum for 24 hours, while awaiting your followup reply in vain.

I will accept a 50-50 share of blame if you will.  I was mistaken in trying to log in on your main page.  But that page carries no warning against doing so, and your email response was less than satisfactory.

MODERATOR(s): I do not wish to damage the reputation of someone who does not deserve it.  So, if there is some way to wipe this exchange clean, if that is what Nutnut wants, I am willing to.

And now to point 545 MH/s at maxus.nut2pools...
Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 10:53:53 PM

News from DwarfPool.
Some improvements were done to stabilize pool engine and improve its performance.

There were also some troubles with US-based Moria-Server. it's fixed, Moria must be stable now, please check it for yourself! Reject ratio is lower than 1%

Minimal autopayouts were increased to 1MAX to match them with Cryptsy' autoselling by deposit.

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
onliner

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:09:46 PM

max.1gh.com is under huge DDoS. Please add our second stratum server stratum+tcp://maxpool2.1gh.com:17333 for failover, you can find updated commandline for cgminer on our frontpage.
Thank you! Works great!

We have now raised the limit to 1 MAX, we have also other reports that Cryptsy does not 'like' transactions less than 1MAX, whatever that means.
Thanks! I enabled autosell in my cryptsy account.

Anonymous MAXCOIN Independent POOL - http://1GH.com/ (i am a fan Cool)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAXCOIN MINING GUIDE -> http://goo.gl/W8Els1   Wallet guide! (run and wait 10..30 min!) -> goo.gl/P5RmQ8 + Nodes -> goo.gl/K5hqet
Nutnut

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:18:41 PM

Well I'll be.  It just accepted my email address and password.   My original password which I set when first I registered.  This is at

https://max.nut2pools.com/index.php?page=login

So, I must have been trying to log in on some other page.

And I think I know which one.  If I go to

https://nut2pools.com

it does not allow me to log in using my email and password.  This page must have been where I was trying to log in to.

I suggest you make clear on this page that, in order to log in, the user must first be on the specific coin pool he is trying to access.

As for your suggestion that I keep to the ticket, there is a notification in your first email response to my original ticket inquiry, specifically stating that I am to reply not on a ticket but rather in a followup reply email, which I did.   I refrained from public mention of it on this forum for 24 hours, while awaiting your followup reply in vain.

I will accept a 50-50 share of blame if you will.  I was mistaken in trying to log in on your main page.  But that page carries no warning against doing so, and your email response was less than satisfactory.

MODERATOR(s): I do not wish to damage the reputation of someone who does not deserve it.  So, if there is some way to wipe this exchange clean, if that is what Nutnut wants, I am willing to.

And now to point 545 MH/s at maxus.nut2pools...

hehe. i say 60/40.  Grin

happy to leave the posts in place, i don't like to cover up dirty laundry tbh and it only makes a mess of the thread.

As it happens I am already in talks with a designer for a landing page for the pools and I have scheduled in a (long overdue) service of the mail system but our doge pool has taken up the last couple of days with the fork so we've been a little slow on the support tickets etc.

Oh, and i also added MAX to the support system properly now!

Regards

Nut

fcode

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:18:46 PM

I probably should have mentioned that along with the fan blowing on the top of the cards, I have a 120mm high pressure fan blowing air out of the front of the case. I believe that makes the difference. Tons of heat comes off the rear of the cards and it gets pulled out by that other fan.
boraxo

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:26:20 PM

I probably should have mentioned that along with the fan blowing on the top of the cards, I have a 120mm high pressure fan blowing air out of the front of the case. I believe that makes the difference. Tons of heat comes off the rear of the cards and it gets pulled out by that other fan.

It probably doesn't help me that the fan in my spanking-new Corsair RM850 power supply died about 70 hours into the MAX-mining.  So it is not pulling air out of the case.  That's the main reason why I have the case cover off.  And an 80 mm muffin fan blowing on the RM850.  It's a very efficient PSU, the 80 mm fan blowing on its side is adequate to cool it even when the 290X is going full blast.  This weekend I'll have to take it back to Fry's for an exchange.
AspireMining

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:46:29 PM

Need more miners to help us find our first block and spread the hashes!

10 MAX bonus giveaway to our first 3 block finders!

Pool Features:

PPLNS Reward System! - Punishes pool hoppers & rewards our long term miners.
Premium Dedicated Servers - We use 2 rock solid dedicated servers running on PREMIUM Internap bandwidth to lower latency & stales.
Based in New York - US East Coast to ensure good connection for all miners.
Vardiff - Our stratum uses efficient variable difficulty to ensure you're getting the right shares.
10 Max Giveaway - Giving away 10 MAX each to our first 3 block finders!
Great Community - Friendly & helpful community operating the pool. We'll do our best to help get you set-up Smiley

Come give us a try & maybe you'll like it Smiley

Admin
www.maxhash.org
boraxo

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:54:29 PM

As it happens I am already in talks with a designer for a landing page for the pools and I have scheduled in a (long overdue) service of the mail system but our doge pool has taken up the last couple of days with the fork so we've been a little slow on the support tickets etc.

Oh, and i also added MAX to the support system properly now!

Regards

Nut

Welp, I just mined at maxus.nut2pools for 50 minutes and got .173160 MAX, which implies about 1 MAX every 5 hours.  I get about 1 every 3 hours at 1gh or dwarfpool.  So, I'll look in from time to time, and if you ever fix your stats I'll give you another try.
Nutnut

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:58:07 PM

Man you need to look at stats pages and understand them - You got caught in the back end of a 284% round so your payout would be low for that round. The next round could be 10% or 1000% - that's mining.

You are now in at the start of a fresh round and decide to leave.   Shocked

crypto777

Activity: 221

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:59:59 PM

Hi,

Live Maxcoin Price Chart for Your Website

We have created a series of free Live Interactive Cryptocurrency Charts which you can use on your website  (Dogecoin, Litecoin, DevCoin, Lottocoin, Quark ... 130 cryptocurrencies).
   It will display live prices for a selected cryptocurrency with graphics price changes on your website.

Maxcoin price chart which you can place on your website  - http://myip.ms/info/chartbox/m/152#c

Regards
  Myip.ms Team
  http://live.myip.ms

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Quarkcoin... 200+ cryptocurrencies LIVE Analytics @ http://altcoins.wiki

Cryptocurrency Payment API - https://gourl.io

Pages: « 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: