Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Cryptocurrency Exchange in development - AllCrypt.com  (Read 12775 times)
allcrypt (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 04:53:20 PM

Hey guys - wanted to post a quick announcement about a new CC exchange coming on board soon. Myself and some colleagues were unhappy with the current state of exchanges. Some too slow. Some unwilling to adopt fringe coins. Some with terrible support. Some who manipulate the market.

So we thought we can do better.

A basic info site is up right now, with a form to subscribe to updates, and offer suggestions. We want this to be YOUR cryptocurrency exchange. We want your ideas, your input. Swing by, give it a look and let us know what you think.

Some features that we hope will both differentiate us from the current lot of exchanges, as well as make us your exchange of choice:
  • We will try to have lower fees, but still stay viable. We cannot run the site for free. Hosting, network speed, DDoS protection, security, support staff, they all cost money. Lots of it. The plus side is we hope to do it right.
  • We want your ideas. Frustrated that yourcurrentexchange.com does not do X, Y or Z? Let us know. If it's feasible, we want to implement it.
  • We want to add those fringe coins that you want to be able to trade, but no one lists. We're big into altcoins. The intro site accepts development donations in BTC, LTC, DOGE, MOON, TIPS, and LOT. We had to draw the line somewhere - those are the ones we actively use ourselves Wink
  • A great feature we are very proud of - when you sign up, you designate a charity that accepts cryptocurrency. A percentage of all fees you pay for your trades will be donated to your charity of choice. This serves two purposes. First and foremost - it helps those in need. Second - it helps spread the word about cryptocurrency. Maybe your local school or church has no idea what bitcoin is? Talk them into setting up an account on bitpay. Get us their contact information, we'll get hooked up with them and add them to the site. And they will get a percentage of your trades. Everyone wins. We are currently in talks with a few charities. Once we get them on board, they will be added to the site. Oh, and yes, we promise 100% transparency with the charitible contributions. All contributions will be posted on a public page with links to the blockchain.info transactions. (And yes, all donations will be first converted to BTC before being donated. Your local homeless shelter likely has no need for a percentage of your PotCoin trade!)
  • We are exploring the possibility of a founders group. The first beta users, the ones that champion us into the mainstream, having special 'shareholder' accounts which receive a percentage of all trades on the site. Get in early. Secure your spot.

That's just the beginning. Come sign up. Give us your suggestions. Development is active and ongoing. No, we do not have a launch date. Soon. That's all we know. We secured the domain yesterday. We finished the submission and subscription form just an hour ago. We're very excited about this. We hope you are too.

www.allcrypt.com
YOUR Cryptocurrency Exchange

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Imperials

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:11:38 PM

Looks promising and we really need a more user-friendly exchange where there is actual support and admin's taking care of issues, it has been a big problem as of late on various exchanges. Will follow this development! Smiley Also more information on first adoption and the shareholder IPO's? I would be interested in joining.
Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:12:49 PM

Very good looking!  Wink
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 07:45:13 PM

Here's a question for you all, and something we've been debating.

I am the primary developer. I have a few others working on the code as well. All of us are developers. We code. We do databases.

Not a single one of us has one shred of artistic ability, and we are more concerned with a great, speedy, and working backend. That's what we do well.

Craigslist is an extremely simple site. Nothing flashy. Was written in someone's basement (thats a guess - don't quote me!) and still looks basic.

Would that be a turnoff to you using it as an exchange? Human psychology has this thing with flash website = affluence and money and you have a tendency to trust it more.

We could absolutely spend $15,000 to hire a firm to make it pretty. But that seems so... counter-intuitive to what we're trying to do.

Would you trust an exchange that looked closer to craigslist than it was to cryptsy? If not, what would make you trust it more?

We want to go live as soon as possible. Adding glitz and graphics will just slow down the launch, and slow down the page loads. Not knocking coinex.pw - we love that site. But the longer you leave the page open the more memory it uses and slower it goes, until you restart the browser.

We want to be slim, fast, and efficient. But not at the cost of trust.

nenelsparadise

Activity: 324

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:24:35 PM

The appearance is fundamental to an exchange site.
You must not forget that people will let you their money.
A site that looks old or ugly does not attract confience.
You have to be light and clear.
But do not overlook the apparence.

(Sorry for my bad english)
Slylock

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:55:19 PM

I am extremely excited over the prospect of this new exchange. I had the opportunity to meet the developer today and have a brief talk with him. From our conversation I gathered that he has a fundamental understanding of what an exchange should and should not be, as well as understanding the community involved with cryptocurrencies. I encourage everyone who has interest in this project to communicate with the developers, they have a genuine interest in correcting some of the flaws with the current exchanges available which is something that I appreciate.
mr.graeam

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:06:16 AM

My two cents: beyond ensuring that the design is fluid and functional, and looks professional, the appearance of the site should take a back seat. More important are accessible & responsive support, and a strong ethos. Most important of all the site has to work really well, and it has to do it fast.

If the site launched tomorrow looking like craigslist but working well I would jump right on it. If the site launched tomorrow looking gorgeous, but operating no better than any other exchange, I wouldn't be so keen.

As for delaying launch to improve design... When you look back in a year or two's time what difference will a month's delay have made? Then again, waiting sucks. Hard.

Regarding the effect of design on user trust, I don't think it's a big deal. There are some really ugly exchanges out there, including some fairly big ones. Bitcoin/cryptos have a strong community behind them and involved with them; word of mouth will absolutely win out over aesthetics.

Design is important, and great design would be great, but I would think it is far from the most pressing concern.
dr_yan_yan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:13:49 AM

For me... I would like to see clear rules as to why you DO or DONT add a coin to your site.

Cryptsy just adds random shit, they have polls and votes and all that crap... and none of it is followed.
They add completely new copycoins, yet ignore others that seem to have community support...

So all i want to see is nice clear rules as to what a coin needs to do to get onto your site.
If a coin is rejected, nice clear reasons why.
If a coin is close to being listed... then an explanation of what needs to happen to see the coin listed.

I honestly dont give a fuck in regards to Transaction fees or any of that shit.
All I want to see is Transparency regarding why a Coin is added or not added.
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 03:57:19 PM

This is our plan as to how coins get added. And we'd like feedback on this process.

The plan, as it stands now on the whiteboard in the room, is that at launch, we will add as many "common" coins as possible. A lot of the ones that trade highest in volume. Enough coins so that when we launch, people won't come by, see we dont have crap, and quit. But the more we add, the more launch is delayed.

So once we launch, we will have a section where ANYONE can add a coin to the "add me" list. No criteria necessary.

Then there will be a page that lists all the potential coins. Users can upvote coins, just like a post can be upvoted on reddit. No downvoting - we don't want all the BlahCoin people trashing the YaddaCoin people and vice versa.

We are also considering adding a feature where you can donate BTC for additional votes. BTC because if we dont have the coin added yet we obviously cannot accept that coin. And there's been arguing in the office whether thats kosher or not. I was told "Thats bullshit - pay to get your favorite coin added?" - but fact of the matter is - this is a part time gig for all of us. We ALL have other jobs. None of us can afford to quit and do this full time. So if we make a little extra, it helps justify the extra time necessary for that kind of infrastructure. Anyway, I'm digressing. (And a portion of those donations will also go to charity)

So you can upvote coins and see the ranking in real time. Possibly also donate to get a better "pole position" as it were.

Then, on a schedule purely determined by when we have time, without a countdown or any other indication, we will take the top coin, and add it. Some days we may add three coins. One. None. None for a few days if we're busy with kids and work and wives. Then 6 on one day if we have the time.

Adding coins takes time. Databases need to be updated. Software needs to be installed and blockchains downloaded. Testing needs to be done (You don't want us to add BlingCoin, you start trading, then all your coin disappears because of a glitch we didnt catch). Adding a coin isnt a simple as flipping a switch.

So - thats the whiteboard plan. It seems to be the most fair. Coins with the most support get added first. Does it suck that a poorly supported coin thats been on the list for 3 months doesnt get added, because a new coin pops up and is turbo popular?

Yes, that sucks.

But if that coin has so little support to be added, it's not going to be traded. We want to add the coins YOU want to trade. So, if YOU upvote them, we feel thats the best indicator of what should be added next.

No +1's posted in forums, no nebulous 'whats on the list' - there will be a page. All coins listed. Click the up arrow (or whatever), donate to the listed address, and the list updates in real time (well, with a page refresh most likely). When we have the time to add it, we grab the top coin and do it.

Top be clear about the donations. They will absolutely NOT be necessary. You get enough votes, you're on the top. 100 coins could be added without ever having to donate a thing.

There's no reason to not have EVERY coin on the site. Except for time. Time to add it, time to download the software and blockchain. Time to test. Thats the only limiting factor.

The one thing I want to say is the ONLY coins we will NOT EVER add are coins with legal complications. I'm not touching Coinye. I've no interest in dealing with cease and desist letters. The Coinye people pulled a dick move releasing early to avoid the legal shit, pissing off Kanye, and we dont have the money to fight him, regardless of if he's right or wrong.

If some moron releases a PedoCoin, we're not touching it. Thats not even remotely funny.

PotCoin? Absolutely. We don't care what you do with your coins. Legal or not. But there's nothing illegal about trading PotCoins.

We as a team have various standards. We reserve the right to refuse any coin, but will ONLY do so under very specific circumstances. As stated, if it will get us sued, we're not listing it. If its morally offensive, we won't list it. Some jackass makes AbortionCoin? Yeah, not on our exchange. We don't care what YOUR view on it is, we don't think thats funny.

So all that being said, the ONLY coin that we're currently aware of that would not be listed is Coinye, until the time Kanye gives up and stops trying to sue people. The letters stop coming out, his legal team stops harassing people - then we'll add it. Other than that, we're aware of no other coin we'd be against.

allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

As a side note, while I'm here, we're also big fans of privacy. A few of us are Libertarians, and we all believe in privacy and personal freedoms.

We decided this morning to have an anonymous account feature. We wont ask for your email and we won't log your IP address. The caveat is you will be forced to use Google Authenticator 2FA, and you digitally sign a waiver that if you lose your account, forget your password, etc, too bad. If you want to be anonymous, then we cannot verify you. You lose your password, you get hacked, thats the risk you took by being anonymous.

But, that being said, we won't track anything. Of course all trades will be tracked, but there will be nothing linking you to them.

We feel that is a right you should have. Freedom to trade without being watched.

We are also considering offering a tumbling service. Since we will be holding a large pool of coins on people's behalf, it only makes sense to offer an anonymous tumbling service as well. But thats for later.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this in the OP - We're hoping to be able the offer the ability to do short sales. Thats complicated. We need to be sure we can do it safely, but it's on the to-do list.

For those who arent aware what a short sale is, it offers the ability to profit from a falling stock/market/coin. You basically "borrow" say 2 coins from someone else. You sell them. Then at a later time you buy them back at a lower price. Give the 2 coins back. The person you borrowed from has no net effect positive or negative, but you enjoy the gains from the Sell high, buy low.

It's a complicated issue. But it's on the planning block.

infernusdoleo

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:23:01 PM

Can't wait to see more.
infernusdoleo

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:05:51 AM

No input whatsoever on any of those ideas?
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 07:36:39 AM

So I'm going to do a shameless bump here, but, at a minimum, I'll give some news to make it not so horrible.

Just wanted to update that we've had some fantastic feedback through the web form so far, but not much here on the thread. I'm kind of surprised. I figured at the very least we'd have some people bitching about SOMETHING. Come on folks, why is no one telling us we're doing it wrong?

Progress on the site is moving along quickly. I personally spent all day today coding, and am heading back to the office bright and early tomorrow to keep chugging along. We expect the basic framework to be done in a few days.

We've been brainstorming ideas on ways to make us different. Here are some options we've come up with. Any input is appreciated.

On traditional exchanges, you place an order, and you get in the back of the line. We're considering a system we call a "Priority Order" - you pay a premium in exchange fees, but instead of going to the back of the line, you butt in front. Think of it as Disney's Fastpass.

Others can butt in front of you - simply cancel your order and re-place yours. It rewards active trading. You're there, at the console, and can make sure your order sells before that 45 BTC sell wall does. We think it's a great idea.

Another idea we're implementing is called a chase order.

We've been in the scenario where we place a sell order for a coin, only to see it go up, the coin sells, and we could have made more. We are investigating a way to detect coin movement, and you can place a chase order. Your order goes to the back of the line - and if the system detects rapid movement, it will auto-adjust your sell (or buy) order to chase the movement, only executing once the trend settles or reverses. Say for instance you're selling a coin at 15 satoshi. It quickly hits 14, then moves to 15... before yours sells, it auto-adjusts to 16. If the 16 is powered through quickly, it moves to 17. But 17 sells slow... or not at all. Your order auto adjusts back to 16, and you sell at 16 instead of the original 15 you had listed. This is a VERY complicated system and may not go live, as there are tons of possible problems with it, but it's an idea we had for a premium feature.

If anyone has other ideas for great features, we'd love to hear them.

Chellger

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:50:55 PM

Idea 1:
I want a "Vault" for my coins. Sometimes i buy so-and-so-many coines and later I'll sell them. And sometimes i KEEP some of the coins. I want to be able to "store" those coins in a "Vault". This "Vault" does not need to be more, then a Area where i but coins, that do now show up on my sellable coins. Something happens to me all the time: Say I have 1000 Dogecoins because I want to keep them longterm. But then I see that Dogecoin is cheap and buy 4000. Dogecoin is going up and 15 Points up I sell all my Dogecoins... DAMNIT - Did I sell ALL my Dogecoins? I wanted to KEEP 1000 ffs! I dont want to have to remember that. I want to be able to store away Coins in my account on the Exchange.

Idea 2:
Stop-Orders.
I bought Doge at 170 - Now I want to be able to enter  - for example - 160. If the price goes down to 160 the Exchange automatically sells my Coins. This way I can keep Coins over night and dont have to worry about losing 90 % because the fing Coins are so jumpy.

allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:48:35 PM

Idea 1:
I want a "Vault" for my coins. Sometimes i buy so-and-so-many coines and later I'll sell them. And sometimes i KEEP some of the coins. I want to be able to "store" those coins in a "Vault". This "Vault" does not need to be more, then a Area where i but coins, that do now show up on my sellable coins. Something happens to me all the time: Say I have 1000 Dogecoins because I want to keep them longterm. But then I see that Dogecoin is cheap and buy 4000. Dogecoin is going up and 15 Points up I sell all my Dogecoins... DAMNIT - Did I sell ALL my Dogecoins? I wanted to KEEP 1000 ffs! I dont want to have to remember that. I want to be able to store away Coins in my account on the Exchange.

Simple enough to add. I'll add that to the to-do list. My only concern with that is it's generally good practice to NOT store your coins on an exchange for any length of time. Would anyone else be interested in this feature? A way to 'protect' a portion of your coins from being traded?

Idea 2:
Stop-Orders.
I bought Doge at 170 - Now I want to be able to enter  - for example - 160. If the price goes down to 160 the Exchange automatically sells my Coins. This way I can keep Coins over night and dont have to worry about losing 90 % because the fing Coins are so jumpy.

I was about to say you can already do that - however if on standard exchanges you say to sell at 160, and the current price is 170, they will INSTANTLY sell since you're offering them below market value.

But if you set a trigger to sell IF it drops, then it will only list if the price does drop to 160. I see. Sounds like a great feature and one we will add without further discussion. I'm actually working on the market page right now and know just where to add it.

ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:58:58 PM

Would be great if Feathercoin would be traded on Allcrypt.com

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 08:23:30 PM

Soon we will be finishing up our coin voting page, and we will be making that page public. Using that will we be deciding WHICH coins will be on the site when we go live.

Stay posted for more info.

mr.graeam

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:57:49 AM

An open list of coins which users vote up is great, I agree that downvotes are unnecessary - adding a coin which I dislike to the exchange isn't going to negatively impact me, why should I be able to vote against it, right? Paying to get your favourite coin added, I don't like. I don't see a valid correlation between 'a good coin' and 'wealthier supporters of a coin'. Additionally, I think the community ethos is one of the best things you guys have going for you, and pay-to-win doesn't sit well with that. You say paid votes will not be necessary but that is going to depend on the ratio of paid & unpaid votes, and the rate at which you can add coins. Of course, I understand that traders with more coins to trade also have more coins to vote with. Paying to get a coin listed might well maximise trading volume fastest, but for my part, I would rather use a different exchange for a particular coin than pay to have it listed on AllCrypt.

If you are seeking funding through paid votes, I would suggest that there are much better, friendlier, ways to go about that. I would rather donate to the exchange directly than pay to have a coin listed.

Coins with legal issues, or those which are otherwise unsafe for the exchange must of course be ruled out. I find it extremely odd, contradictory even, to state that you don't care what people do with their coins "Legal or not" and then go on to say you will ban coins based on their name. Worse than that, based on whether the coin's name intersects with your personal ideas regarding what's morally offensive, regardless of the community's interests. Not that I am a fan of PedoCoin, it's more of a "disagree, but defend your right" thing. In addition, if a coin is created which has some kind of  superiority (technical or otherwise) to other coins, I will care not a jot about the name of the coin.

Anonymous trading. Fantastic. It should be an option on every exchange, and will definitely set AllCrypt apart. Tumbling makes a lot of sense once you have sufficient volume. Shorting is a very interesting idea and I would like to hear more details at some stage. Would the shorted coins be borrowed from other users who want a lower risk way to earn "interest" on their cryptos?

Priority orders seem a bit silly. Correct me if I am being dense - it is late and past my bedtime - but instead of paying a premium for the order to jump the queue, couldn't I just sell at a slightly lower price (or buy higher)? Either way I make a little less profit, but the order gets fulfilled sooner.

Chase orders are a new one on me. What would happen to the market in the case that 50% or 75% or 90% of all the orders on the exchange were chase orders? I can't quite get my head around the idea right now. Interesting though.

No offense intended to you Chellger - you should trade as you see fit. Personally, I have vaults for my coins. They come in *-qt form, and they are more secure than any exchange will be. Encouraging long term storage of coins on an exchange is a bad idea, and a waste of dev's time.

Chellger, you could always just open an order to sell you 1000DOGE at 10BTC each. It will never be fulfilled, and you won't be able to trade the coins. Of course, I would still advise you to store your coins in a local wallet, for your own security. After all, for all we know we will deposit our many cryptocoins in AllCrypt only to have it hacked, or the devs steal everything and go on holiday! (I am not positing that as a likely situation).

No feature suggestions at the moment I'm afraid, I guess I'm better at criticizing other people's ideas than coming up with my own.
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:12:49 AM

Wanted to take a moment to reply before getting back to work. We're hoping to launch the coin voting system tonight or tomorrow!

An open list of coins which users vote up is great, I agree that downvotes are unnecessary - adding a coin which I dislike to the exchange isn't going to negatively impact me, why should I be able to vote against it, right? Paying to get your favourite coin added, I don't like. I don't see a valid correlation between 'a good coin' and 'wealthier supporters of a coin'. Additionally, I think the community ethos is one of the best things you guys have going for you, and pay-to-win doesn't sit well with that. You say paid votes will not be necessary but that is going to depend on the ratio of paid & unpaid votes, and the rate at which you can add coins. Of course, I understand that traders with more coins to trade also have more coins to vote with. Paying to get a coin listed might well maximise trading volume fastest, but for my part, I would rather use a different exchange for a particular coin than pay to have it listed on AllCrypt.

If you are seeking funding through paid votes, I would suggest that there are much better, friendlier, ways to go about that. I would rather donate to the exchange directly than pay to have a coin listed.

We realize that the paid votes would possibly raise some eyebrows. Fact is, we're running this aspect of the site like life in general. You could come to the site every day, and keep clicking. Or you could realize your time is much more valuable, and donate $10 in BTC and you're covered. I used to change my own oil to save the $30. Now, I'm too damn busy. I just pay the money and I have more time for other things. Like coding an exchange.

We also wanted to give a small coin, that no one cares about, a chance to get on the list. Maybe the dev of the coin wants to spend $500 to get it listed, because his coin sucks and no one cares, but he thinks if he gets it on the exchange, it'll help. Do you REALLY care? Honestly - he spends $500, we donate $100 of it to charity (yes, we are donating 20% of all 'bribes' to charity), and his coin lands on the exchange and withers and dies.

At the end of the day, to be completely honest, I dont think we'll see much BTC in coin listing bribes.

And, at LEAST we're being transparent about it. We admit, up front, we take money to list coins. But the power of your fans, and their votes, will by far outweigh what little we see in coin listing fees. And, yeah, 20% goes to charity.

Coins with legal issues, or those which are otherwise unsafe for the exchange must of course be ruled out. I find it extremely odd, contradictory even, to state that you don't care what people do with their coins "Legal or not" and then go on to say you will ban coins based on their name. Worse than that, based on whether the coin's name intersects with your personal ideas regarding what's morally offensive, regardless of the community's interests. Not that I am a fan of PedoCoin, it's more of a "disagree, but defend your right" thing. In addition, if a coin is created which has some kind of  superiority (technical or otherwise) to other coins, I will care not a jot about the name of the coin.

Here's the deal with that. We as society decide what is morally offensive and wrong. 99% of us agree that NGR (NiggerCoin) and NZI (NaziCoin) are absurdly offensive. More than 1% of us would trade it either because we're screwed up in the head, or think it's funny, or actually believe in it. That doesnt mean it should be on our exchange.

Same with PedoCoin. You state that you disagree but defend their right. No, sorry, I draw the line there. You can call a coin whatever you want, but when it's THAT offensive to THAT many people, then it's not being listed on our exchange.

I dont smoke but I will fight to defend your right to do so.

PedoCoin? No. You're not funny.

ANY coin named after something so patently offensive exists only to shock and offend, and has no right on AllCrypt.com.

Anonymous trading. Fantastic. It should be an option on every exchange, and will definitely set AllCrypt apart. Tumbling makes a lot of sense once you have sufficient volume. Shorting is a very interesting idea and I would like to hear more details at some stage. Would the shorted coins be borrowed from other users who want a lower risk way to earn "interest" on their cryptos?

Yes, shorted coins are "borrowed" - just like in shorting stocks. Shorting will be limited to a small percentage of the coin we hold (if we have 1,000,000 DOGE on hand, we will limit shorting doge to 100,000 or 200,000, to avoid the issue of a mass withdrawal, but your coins were sold by someone else who hasn't bought them back yet)

Exact numbers are being discussed.

Priority orders seem a bit silly. Correct me if I am being dense - it is late and past my bedtime - but instead of paying a premium for the order to jump the queue, couldn't I just sell at a slightly lower price (or buy higher)? Either way I make a little less profit, but the order gets fulfilled sooner.

Thats fine if the buy or sell walls are thin... but what happens when every number from 20 to 40 satoshi is loaded down with 80-90 BTC of orders?

Yes, you could sell your 5,000,000 MOON at 19 for .95 BTC, or "prioritize" the sale at 20 for 1 BTC. Thats a 5% difference in income. The extra fee for a priority transaction, right NOW (subject to change), is .5%. Prioritize at 20, or sell at 19? You get 4.995 more BTC with a priority sale.

Another issue would be say the market is dropping like a rock. EVERYONE is selling. You want out before it crashes rock bottom. Do you keep posting sell orders on the tail end of everyone else's order? Or prioritize it, and sell NOW?

Food for thought.

Chase orders are a new one on me. What would happen to the market in the case that 50% or 75% or 90% of all the orders on the exchange were chase orders? I can't quite get my head around the idea right now. Interesting though.

No offense intended to you Chellger - you should trade as you see fit. Personally, I have vaults for my coins. They come in *-qt form, and they are more secure than any exchange will be. Encouraging long term storage of coins on an exchange is a bad idea, and a waste of dev's time.

If we have time and there's interest from more than 1 person, we'll add it, but I reiterate: Storing your coins on an exchange is a bad idea. People like to hack exchanges. We typically hold a ton of coins for people.

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:13:39 AM

Ok can you add tea coin
Please
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: