Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:50:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Cryptocurrency Exchange in development - AllCrypt.com  (Read 12781 times)
allcrypt (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:15:37 AM

Symbol TEA I assume?

Ok, just added it to the voting.

Any other coins anyone wants added to the voting, please email me. Email link is on www.AllCrypt.com

I dont want to clutter the thread with coin requests.

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:53:23 AM

The beginning of the thread talked about design. I can forgive a poor design in the beginning. Poor coding not as much.

You compared Craigslist and Cryptsy. Craigslist is a functional, simple design. Cryptsy is somewhat functional, cluttered design. Cryptsy is broken a lot more often my area's Craigslist.
mr.graeam

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:44:27 AM

Just a quick thought: could you implement 'vaults' like separate Web wallets? Such that if the exchange were compromised, or down for any reason users could still access those wallets independently?
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:53:21 PM

The beginning of the thread talked about design. I can forgive a poor design in the beginning. Poor coding not as much.

You compared Craigslist and Cryptsy. Craigslist is a functional, simple design. Cryptsy is somewhat functional, cluttered design. Cryptsy is broken a lot more often my area's Craigslist.

Well funny thing is we threw that minimalist design out the window on the first day we started to actually code it. Given layout and functionality, we'd actually have to work harder to make it minimalist like that. Given how easy CSS is, the site looks pretty spiffy, and has some pretty amazing features already. I'll try and post an in-development screenshot a little later today.

But regarding your comments on Cryptsy. What makes it cluttered? What specifically about Cryptsy's design do you not like. Id like specific answers... "its cluttered and hard to use" doesnt help US design AllCrypt to avoid that. Truth is, we've copied a lot of cool features we've seen on various sites. Yep, even really bad ones. Even they have something to bring to the table.

We're trying to be like Blade. All of the vampire's strenghts, none of it's weaknesses Wink

I'm dating myself now.

And as for the vaults thing. Thats a possibility but it's an entirely different project. Would be it's own site on it's own domain. That being said, we already have plans in the works for offline withdrawal requests. Basically - the site goes kaput, and through a manual process we try and get your withdrawal to you.

btc-mike

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:21:53 PM

Well funny thing is we threw that minimalist design out the window on the first day we started to actually code it. Given layout and functionality, we'd actually have to work harder to make it minimalist like that. Given how easy CSS is, the site looks pretty spiffy, and has some pretty amazing features already. I'll try and post an in-development screenshot a little later today.

But regarding your comments on Cryptsy. What makes it cluttered? What specifically about Cryptsy's design do you not like. Id like specific answers... "its cluttered and hard to use" doesnt help US design AllCrypt to avoid that. Truth is, we've copied a lot of cool features we've seen on various sites. Yep, even really bad ones. Even they have something to bring to the table.

We're trying to be like Blade. All of the vampire's strenghts, none of it's weaknesses Wink

I'm dating myself now.

It would be easier to comment on a mock-up of your site but I will touch on a few things about Cryptsy. It is slow. Front page has several "coming soon" that have stayed that way for months. Dashboard page - has top balances in very large font but the balances are already listed in left column. The trade key does not need to be seen every time I log in (especially above the fold). I don't need to see tweets, I need to see up to second info on coin is not functioning/trading correctly. Trade page - I really don't care about the tweets here. Click on a pair and it takes > 5 seconds for the page to load. Left column - big space for USD Markets but there are none (don't believe they ever had any).

Blade was nothing without Whistler. I will be your Whistler!
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:30:11 PM

It would be easier to comment on a mock-up of your site but I will touch on a few things about Cryptsy. It is slow. Front page has several "coming soon" that have stayed that way for months. Dashboard page - has top balances in very large font but the balances are already listed in left column. The trade key does not need to be seen every time I log in (especially above the fold). I don't need to see tweets, I need to see up to second info on coin is not functioning/trading correctly. Trade page - I really don't care about the tweets here. Click on a pair and it takes > 5 seconds for the page to load. Left column - big space for USD Markets but there are none (don't believe they ever had any).

Blade was nothing without Whistler. I will be your Whistler!

Well so far all that stuff you mentioned we're not doing anyway. We want to be as efficient as possible.

Does anyone really give a crap about their "top balances"? No. I dont think they do.

Our plan:

Title bar with relevant links: Balances, Markets, Coin Voting, Account. Thats all you need.

Balances: Shows your balances. Can access markets from there. Generate deposit addresses. Withdraw.

Markets: List of all markets and pairings.

Coin Voting: Where you vote for new coins to be added.

Account. Your account stuff. Manage 2FA, change password, etc.

Thats all you need. I don't know why you'd need more. Open orders are on your balances page. Trade history is on the market pages - does anyone need a non-coin specific trade history? Like your entire history on one page? Maybe we'll put that on your account page.

Left sidebar: List of all coins and current trade price, plus a visual volume indicator.

Main window: The goodies go here.

Here's what the market window looks like as of when I screenshotted it 5 minutes ago. Colors will be tweaked. And yes it looks like coinex.com. It's a really good layout that we like a lot.

Does anyone think a "your recent trades" section is necessary? Maybe we'll make that optional. Speed up loading by not showing crap you don't want to see.

Notice the Stop order is already in. We're good like that Wink

btc-mike

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:48:12 PM

Looks like a nice design.

Does anyone think a "your recent trades" section is necessary? Maybe we'll make that optional. Speed up loading by not showing crap you don't want to see.

Yes. That was something I always wished btc-e had, especially when using the API.
wonko86
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:58:05 PM

Please add Darkcoin (DRK)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0
mr.graeam

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:13:35 PM

I'd say 'your recent trades' is a must. It could be optional though.
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 09:31:01 PM

Coin voting is NOW LIVE.

www.allcrypt.com/beta

You can vote on which coins are added to the exchange when we launch (which is hopefully within a week!).

Please note - it's beta. There may be bugs. Please report any you see. Please also report if it's slow. It shouldnt be. The page is extremely lightweight.

All updates are live. You shouldnt have to refresh that page. Ever. Try it out. Open the page. Then, open it in another page or browser. Vote on one page. Watch the coin move in the other as well. Super swanky.

Anyway, there we go. If your coin is NOT on the list - email us and we'll add it right quick. No, most of the coins do not have names yet. We imported those coins from lists that did not have names attached, so adding names is a manual process, unless someone wants to supply us with a CSV of the symbol,name and then we can update quickly.

Have fun voting! We hope to launch soon!

www.AllCrypt.com

btc-mike

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:03:52 PM

Coin voting is NOW LIVE.

The voting is great but i always thought it should only be one part of the measure of a coin's popularity. Voting can be rigged, gamed, etc.

Possibly look at things like current network hash, or increase in hash. I know that would take more resources.

Maybe some other, easily checked metric like number of tweets/retweets, google hits for the coin name, or a psychic reading. 
Smithlink

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:06:23 PM

The list needs Noblecoin!
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:27:31 PM

I would love for you to add Mol  and PIR

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 11:27:43 PM

The list needs Noblecoin!

Listed it about 20 minutes ago.

allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 11:31:07 PM

The voting is great but i always thought it should only be one part of the measure of a coin's popularity. Voting can be rigged, gamed, etc.

Possibly look at things like current network hash, or increase in hash. I know that would take more resources.

Maybe some other, easily checked metric like number of tweets/retweets, google hits for the coin name, or a psychic reading. 

The only way this voting can be rigged is by working your IP address over and over. In general, it's pretty solid.

Network hash is a bit hard to look at without a good system... we cant download every wallet just to see if we should include the wallet. And new coins don't have the listings and resources on other webpages where we can reference them.

DOGE's hash? Thats likely on 100 sites.

NOBL's hash? Not likely.

So, voting. Seems to be the most fair.

montecristo83

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:45:56 PM

Great idea! I've already sent you a message suggesting this, but can you please add a donation address for DigiByte? Thanks.
Snelling

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:47:55 PM

Be sure to add Zedcoin!  Went to vote but the www.AllCrypt.com/beta site isn't working right now
allcrypt (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 12:04:20 AM

Be sure to add Zedcoin!  Went to vote but the www.AllCrypt.com/beta site isn't working right now

I accidentally killed the server when checking stats. Its back now Smiley

btc-mike

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:10:42 AM

The only way this voting can be rigged is by working your IP address over and over. In general, it's pretty solid.

Network hash is a bit hard to look at without a good system... we cant download every wallet just to see if we should include the wallet. And new coins don't have the listings and resources on other webpages where we can reference them.

DOGE's hash? Thats likely on 100 sites.

NOBL's hash? Not likely.

So, voting. Seems to be the most fair.

IP change is fairly easy. I have 4 IPs available from my desktop (cable modem, 2 VPNs, phone). If i use web proxies, that number is unlimited. If I use a script on web/socks5 proxies...

Proof - PM a coin to me and I will make it rise.

I agree the network hash is probably unworkable. Just putting out ideas.
Snelling

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:13:04 AM

Heads up, you're posing  the wrong address to vote Smiley

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

Is the one I think you meant to put

Your currently putting up

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/

at least you did on Zed =)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All