Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounties and airdrops  (Read 3229 times)
eMaxie

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:11:35 PM

I agree that KYC is something repelling and people would not like to send their personal data to someone but I can understand the ones who makes KYC obligatory for their projects. I just hope that projects which I find most promising (EOS, Bitupper, Cardano, NEO) do not require such a procedure
jalaaal

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:18:42 PM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?
no, if there is an airdrop that requires kyc, I avoid myself right away. there is no need to pass kyc if they will just give it for free to the community or to their airdrop participants.

uyriysaw

Activity: 296

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:20:02 PM

I do not pass KYC for any fee. And I try not to participate in projects where they want to go through this process.
I think this is a dangerous procedure
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:21:23 PM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?
no, if there is an airdrop that requires kyc, I avoid myself right away. there is no need to pass kyc if they will just give it for free to the community or to their airdrop participants.
I think it should be for bounty and airdrop do not have to use KYC, because it is not very necessary,
may be used for investors only
ishietan

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:41:41 PM

Ya im aslo skeptikal on doing kyc because maybe they have leaked our personal information, specially in bounty because almost of them are fraud.
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:49:44 PM

I have passed many KYCs these days. I got rewards from 2 of them. There were not so many KYC obligation before. I see much KYC requirement when compared to last years. But I think that if they demand KYC, I believe they will be delivering the prize.
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:02:51 PM

earlier of course it was all much more convenient, but what can you do, the rules everywhere change and they must be respected, although sometimes this certainly does not want to be done
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 07:07:08 PM

Very few bounty programs have restrictions upon the bounty participation requesting for the KYC. With those bounties it is clearly mentioned that until KYC verification none will be provided with the tokens, everything is provided only after the verification.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:50:45 PM

No, I did not, and hopefully, I will never do that in the future. Sharing your personal details and identity through the Internet when you did not even invest a single cent with people you have never seen? Come on, this is just a big NOPE for me. There is even a bigger problem at the moment, as bounty managers announce a need of KYC from bounty participants after the end of the ICO, and from my side of view, this is super unprofessional. People would feel rightfully betrayed as they were stabbed in their back. Anyway, without any guarantees, KYC is just a waste of time and I doubt that a majority of people are using their real IDs in order to make a purchase. I guess we will see a better implementation of something similar that will work just as it should, but right now...

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
samiraetn

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:03:21 PM

I suggest you don’t connect with bounties and airdrops because these are connected with kfc. I think they have money that’s why they invest.
Che454010

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:20:13 PM

wow, now airdrops require KYC? I have never encountered such a thing, I think it's too complicated for get airdrop
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:20:33 PM

Analyze first, most airdrops that we can find right now is giving only about 5$ then no more. And the worst is no value at all. For me, kyc will be worth it if the value is considerable. And i have nothing to lose also.
pidobir

Activity: 446

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:58:15 PM

I once went through the KYC procedure. I'm not sure I did it right. Indeed, I received few tokens. But showed its passport and photo.

musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:00:41 PM

I agree that KYC is something repelling and people would not like to send their personal data to someone but I can understand the ones who makes KYC obligatory for their projects. I just hope that projects which I find most promising (EOS, Bitupper, Cardano, NEO) do not require such a procedure

right, it's not pleasant, but it might be important. Should sec or other agencies come after the ICOs once, they will ask them on their affiliate marketing and they need to show something for themselves.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
dbangel1994

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:05:29 PM

I think KYC is also fake so it really does not make much sense. We take more time than benefits.
I think it is better for the manager to take the time to check the accounts correctly.
As for airdrop, I never liked it.
Ms. CRYPTO ADVISER

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:06:30 PM

Im doing KYC when i join in a bounty and expecting good amount of tokens from the project. Just be carefull when giving your info on a KYC. make sure that the project is Legit cause ypur personal info might be used in other things. Goodluck.
Pinturicchio

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:08:04 PM

For airdrop projects, KYC has never been passed, usually they pay little and it's not worth it. The bounty had to pass, I do not see anything terrible in this, especially if the company is interesting
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:09:25 PM

I've already done it. I don't mind if the KYC provider is trustworthy.

with an ICO you also have to go through KYC and even there you never know if it makes sense or not. is often like with an airdrop  Grin
ilya_gr

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:11:14 PM

KYC for bounties is normal way, due to KYC we can earn more, and all multiple accs become useless
But KYC for airdrop is suspicious, no need to participate in such drops, furthermore airdrops become useless too recently
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Airdrops aren't worth your KYC application. The reward is too low for you to risk your personal information. Some airdrops are scam and some just use airdrop for the fame of the project. Bounties are already risky for trusting personal information, what more are airdrops? The money there is not worth it, I swear.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: