Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:13:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounties and airdrops  (Read 3228 times)
JustASalad

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:43:17 PM

I am rather weary with KYC and airdrops, some require WAY too much information. For instance the one asked for access to my reddit saved and liked history, as well as needing full ID, and all other social media accounts. I'd prefer to stay somewhat anonymous online for the most part and not have every profile I use online linked to my face and name. They could sell that info and I wouldn't want that, so I tend to just avoid those ones entirely. Isn't worth it, you never really know who is behind the other side when they are requesting that level of info.
Phat Buzz Tart

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:47:01 PM

I don't see any problem with KYC if you are honest with all that. So I pass it when it's needed.
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:47:49 PM

I am negative about such statements, because they believe that in this way the developers simply collect documents. And these documents are then used in most cases successfully in the delivery of KYC other projects, and you thought it was not so?
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:31:10 PM

I've passed some KYCs. I'm not against them but you have to be cautious when you choose the campaign. I think that KYC is a good way to refine cheaters who use multiple accounts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Cheenguboc143

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:40:21 PM

I understand why some bounties ask for KYC,  maybe because they want to know who are their applicants and secure that they don't accepting those who have double accounts  , but if you dont want to do it,  they don't force anyone else to join...  Join willingly. But doing that on airdrop,  I'm not so crazy enough to put my account at risk for low price value tokens.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:03:41 PM

It is quite weird to be asked to provide KYC info if you are not buying something, yyou are not a customer (the letter C of KYC). Actually, there is no source of funds, so KYC is useless in this case.
a123uxcz888

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:43:46 PM

I never joined the airdrop which must first fill the kyc. Because I am not so interested in airdrop. I'm only interested in bounty campaigns. Since most airdrop coins will sometimes be worthless coins or garbage.
akonrupom

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:50:27 PM

KYC for bounty and airdrop I do not feel good. I think KYC is for investors, to avoid the law, and bounty hunter we only get a reward so I think it is not necessary KYC.

I'm against it and do not participate in bounty campaigns where you need to pass KYC. I do not want to send my documents to anyone. It's very hard to for me to send an information because it might be use for fraud.
Bilipus

Activity: 224
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:55:52 PM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?

I will say with my practice for airdrop  this it is not worth it. All the same, you send your personal data to an unknown person, and it's not clear how they can use them.
I would have risked if at stake was a tidy sum of money

dollurs

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:56:08 PM

No, I'm not. I don't want to give my identity for very low amount of Dollars. In generally you will get less than $10-20 from airdrops now. So why should we give our identity to get that much low Dollars.
Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:00:56 PM

Did you ever pass KYC for an airdrop token? I am strictly avoiding that, because the amounts to be airdropped are mostly too low. Or did some of you already pass KYC for an airdrop that was worth it?
I didn't send my documents. All the companies that demanded KYC very little I was paid in the area of 100$.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:01:18 PM

KYC for bounty is common as they developer also sigth the bounty hunter like as an investor, hence they will want to confirm the  status of  everyone receiving the token to avoid litigation for countries that ICO is illegal, for airdrop distribution KYC is mostly done in order to avoid double application and  note the country of each applicant.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:24:56 PM

I'm pretty selective when it comes to KYC, but I will say that I've found that the airdrops/bounties requiring KYC (that I have participated in) have tended to be more professional and developed with a greater probability of success than some of the airdrops that require only joining their telegram and submitting a google doc registration.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
otto2012

Activity: 215

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 06:28:16 PM

There is nothing to do, you have to accept these rules of the game. On another you do not get a coin. In general, I do not see this as a big problem.

Donate BTC. Bitcoin wallet - 1K6JocAxu3qX2BoKWXuunzMS4WaZ9Gqmde
irina72

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:32:23 PM

I underwent the KYC procedure when I participated in the bounty. Just when you work in the bounty, and then at the end, the manager writes KYC, what you need to go through, there's nothing left. Otherwise, you can not get tokens.
alttravel

Activity: 406
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:38:21 PM

I believe that it is possible to collect identification data only for investors who invest in the project, but collecting identification data on bounty companies is illegitimate.
w33man

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:40:18 PM

I think it's okay to pass KYC on bounties, however, passing a KYC for airdrop is too much work for little reward. It's dangerous to give away personal information, so just choose the bounty that you think that is worth it to do KYC.
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1343

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:42:40 PM

kyc is not a problem if the result is worth it, because there are projects that require a kyc and the result is a bounty reward of less than $ 10. This is not correct and it is not necessary. After such payments, it remains to be hoped that the coins will grow well in value and that this is not all in vain.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
panchangjiang

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:48:32 PM

I think this is a contradictory issue. Do you know the purpose of the airdrop?
The purpose of the airdrop is to let more people understand the existence of the project. More people care about it, that is advertising. Then there is this problem. KYC will significantly reduce the advertising capacity. If you are the project party, which result will you choose? Huh
hoanggiangg000

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:13:03 AM

For me kyc is no problem because kyc will make the transaction more secure because they know more about the people who support them and can make their target more spesifically in the futureif they want to develop their project more
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: