Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31407 times)
Nitnit13

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:45:51 PM

Using 2FA Authenticator in my opinion is enough to secure your wallet. Because it is very safe and not too difficult if you want to login in some places.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:56:05 PM

There are several topics and advice related to the topic and it is not a dicifil task to defend themselves against cybernetic invaders based on the simplicity of the question. So avoid putting your addresses in profiles or access links, unknown sites or suspicious campaign, we can keep the antivirus updated and firewall synced, but with both of them not understanding with its maximum efficiency, the possibility of invasion is great mainly in the wallet.

bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:00:54 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

If you cant/ dont want to use a hardware wallet, the safest way to store your tokens on MEW is to setup the wallet on a computer that is not connected to the internet (in best case a computer that never has been connected to the internet yet). There are tutorials that can be used to learn how to do this: https://kb.myetherwallet.com/offline/ethereum-cold-storage-with-myetherwallet.html
But on a side note: as soon as it is possible for you, I recommend to switch to a hardware wallet, its way more convenient and even more secure.
BattleZeo

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:04:35 PM

I use several wallets. I save the basic funds on the hardware wallet. to enter the reserve I use metamask. I plan to buy a separate laptop for offline transactions
I think that it is enough just not to use private key to enter the wallet and use metamask for any transfers.

fzavertuk

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:06:24 PM

The topic is very relevant, because now there are many hackers who can easily get your keys, passwords and wallets. I agree that it is better to have several wallets for coins, it can confuse the thief. The main thing is not to store them on the desktop of your computer. Use a memory card. And sync with your phone so that in case of something you could immediately find out about the attempt to break and during stop.
bitcoinmux

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 07:13:19 PM

there is only one method to keep your wallet safe. you have to keep your private key safe and moreover identify the webpage where ever you enter your private key because nowadays a new attack is there called phishing attack.
almanoffs

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:15:41 PM

Do not give them a private key and do not go to fishing sites.You do not need anyone and I personally have no hack will not all who "hacked" simply give your keys.
Fasunathan

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:17:44 PM

There are several topics and advice related to the topic and it is not a dicifil task to defend themselves against cybernetic invaders based on the simplicity of the question. So avoid putting your addresses in profiles or access links, unknown sites or suspicious campaign, we can keep the antivirus updated and firewall synced, but with both of them not understanding with its maximum efficiency, the possibility of invasion is great mainly in the wallet.

As of these days more hackers became more clever in terms of cryptocurrency attacks due to huge money was their motive. The most probable ways to do it in protecting your wallet from them, you should keep secure on  your private keys and don't let it be exposed publicly. Never share it with close friends or let somebody handle the privacy of it.
Jassi.21jaspreet
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:32:22 PM

In my opinion people should use Hardware wallet. By using you can safely store all your assets offline. I also using Ledger nano.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:34:50 PM

Write your private keys on a sticky note and paste it behind or at the top of your monitor/screen.

Vires in Numeris
ankit05

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:41:03 PM

Trezor wallet is best wallet for store ETH, BTC and all the etherium base token that are in the ICO. Because they are more safe than web wallet and no need to touch the internet. It is hardware wallet and MyEtherwallet is good wallet but It is not safe store coin.
Kristina3456

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:47:02 PM

Great advice - also this incline-and it is better not to Shine your key , especially when you have to send a lot of where and to whom . And of course, keep your passwords on removable multiple media
ROMANALADIN

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:52:55 PM

Give preference to large stock exchanges, with an average commission. They do not save on data protection and are less susceptible to a quick bench.
MortonAlden

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:59:15 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
I think the MEW wallet is the best secure the coins and save the private key in the scammers. Cux it has a good plate frame and the strong security.
Shaminyue

Activity: 119

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:00:36 PM

Thanks for those advices. I also experienced that we should not copy and paste the private key and use our private key to login the website. Some hackers can stole our private key by somehow.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:01:29 PM

Well, there really are a lot of people that uses wallets that are free and gives low fees. And I am one
of them. I use these wallets because I simply cannot afford to buy a better wallet as of now. and quite
frankly, I might not even buy one. Since if you only take enough care and be cautious enough, you
will be able to prevent hackers from hacking your wallet.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:05:04 PM

Use several wallets for your portfolio. And it will be better if you use offline wallet. It is almost impossible to hack easily.

Newbies like you have the wrong thoughts about the crypto currency wallet. If you have the fund on online or offline both are not hackable mate. It all about the how you managing the wallet using the security features.
Most of the exchanges and online open wallet without private key only got hacked these much times.
I do not find the any major on the single wallet in my lifetime after came into the crypto currency usage.
ApemQ

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:06:41 PM

most of the hackers use the phishing web to steal our wallet. they send a link to our email or they post / tweet the link with an interesting offer about the prize, and when we click the link is asked to login, the web we click on a cursory like myetherwallet website but actually it is not, stay cautious only https://myetherwallet.com this is the right website. so do not carelessly access your wallet, check the URL before you use it.
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:08:09 PM

The way I usually protect my wallet from hackers is never to log the security code into fake websites. I often see all my wallet information on the ethplorer.io site. I think that is one way to protect wallet for everybody

IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:08:35 PM

I think that the best combination for security of ETH wallet is MEW (or MyCrypto) + Metamask. And I agree that the best way to create so called cold wallets, which you use only for storing some share of your portfolio. And also don't store your keys in a cloud storage, it's better to use a flash drive.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: