Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:28:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31407 times)
vlom31

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 03:27:08 PM

You can give a try to our chrome extension : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/deepcoin-protect/koakfkpogejakladamempmjfpnlogmgl

Not exactly to protect your wallet, but to protect you from sending to the wrong one Smiley

Mehdi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ducpham1991

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:28:27 PM

I use MEW and i write passscode to paper. When i need to access my account, i copy and paste ome by one character.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:34:46 PM

Do you think the cold wallet is the best choice to keep safe your cryptocurrency? Nope!
I used the cold wallet, and I only keep my Ethereum in this wallet because I cannot sync the blockchain data through official Ethereum wallet.
The best choice to keep safe your wallet avoid the hacker is to create a wallet in an offline device and send money to this device to hold until you need to use.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
minhnguyenqh8395

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:18:23 PM

There're some tip for you to protect digital asset.
1) Enable 2FA
2) Back up your wallets and accounts
3) Use complex passwords
4) Split and store your assets into different storing methods
5) Prevent yourself from phishing attacks
This video is very useful for everyone who wanna save they asset from hacker and threaten. Let watch carefully and do follow this instruction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za8QTsDB3gc
BitcoinFotw

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:32:27 PM

First off, whatever you do, you have to keep your private information from others. There is a reason why it is called private. It is meant to be personal. Be careful of the sites or ads you permit on your browser, make sure you make use of the 2FA for your accounts, or get any of the hardwares. These are some pretty good tips to keep your account safe.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:44:45 PM

There're some tip for you to protect digital asset.
1) Enable 2FA
2) Back up your wallets and accounts
3) Use complex passwords
4) Split and store your assets into different storing methods
5) Prevent yourself from phishing attacks
This video is very useful for everyone who wanna save they asset from hacker and threaten. Let watch carefully and do follow this instruction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za8QTsDB3gc

This right here. Follow the things that are listed out here and you should be quite good to go. The biggest threat to you as a crypto investor is hackers getting into your wallets and stealing your coins. Always make sure that your wallets are properly secured in the right ways and never save any sensitive information associated with your wallets in places that can be accessed online.
Also, watch the video people, it's informative.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:47:26 PM

Why did you stressed the fact that transaction fee is cheap? there is no connection between price and safety in this way.
Speaking about security, you have to store your private key in a right way and don't use free VPN services+ avoid fishing sites
bellator66

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:53:00 PM

I just save my Ethereum in this wallet because I can not sync the blockchain data through Ethereum's official wallet.
The best option to keep your wallet safe to avoid hackers is to create a wallet on an offline device and send money to this device until you need to use it.
GriTBitS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:02:42 PM

I consider the safest option, it is a hardware wallet and at the same time it's very convenient. . Recently, both Trezor and Ledger because of the competition among themselves do not stand still and develop.

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:15:10 PM

As we know hackers are active but still we can failure the hackers.Safe your wallet with different security tools like 2fa,sms code it will secure wallet from the hackers attack.It is better dont hold massive funds on exchanges because exchanges are at risk.
The best way to secure funds to use offline wallets which are more secure than online wallets.
residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:22:38 PM

by using an offline wallet, or a wallet that still needs an aunticator code to keep your wallet better in using it!
carlzhao

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:26:41 AM

Do not talk with other people about your work in crypto and have a strong password with various signs and digits. And use only reliable wallets and platforms.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:40:52 AM

Quite a few backers assume that the quick firewall to prevent scammers is by means of know-how and practice. We must master the inner workings used by blockchain before trying to risk too much on it.
Tosin12

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 11:49:58 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
This is very useful tips but I'll like to add some like avoiding entering private keys on malicious link to avoid being hacked by hackers or better still use paper wallet but most importantly hardware Wallets like trezor, Ledger nano is the most safe that cannot be hacked
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:08:32 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
You can protect your wallet by  separate your private key to your mew address do a notepad and separate your address and your private key and do not log in to the phishing  site from the email because many of hacker are trying to get the private key using fake mew website they are sending to the people I think you receive that also MEW website from email it's a big phishing site.
P_percy

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:10:46 PM

The funds which are you gonna hold for a long time hold in a hardware wallet and if you're holding in your desktop wallet don't connect it to Internet and store it as offline.
kkamilov

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 12:14:36 PM

it is necessary to keep your private key from your wallet and not give it to anyone, then there will be no problems
iamike

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:18:31 PM

Protect your wallet from any fraudsters and hackers by keeping your private key safely. Never give your wallet keys to any person or source which you think has questionable authenticity. Your private is for you alone and any site which ask for your private key should be ignored.
aedankreios

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

To protect your wallets from hacker you can use hardware wallets it secures your private keys in a hardware device. And of course, avoid phishing sites to prevents you from getting hacks there are numerous malware that could easily penetrate your system there is no impossible in these hackers.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:27:10 PM

I protect my wallet by avoiding suspicious website and i avoid some peoples referal/ links they share. I also avoid airdrops because sometimes the more you joined an airdrop the more you are prone to hackers or phising website. I also make a wallet which i dont use in public and store some big potential coins there, while the other wallet is i use for bounties or making transactions with others. I am not saving my private key to my device i just wrote it down and keep it safe on safe place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: