Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:59:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Cat Bounce ??!!  (Read 9173 times)
walidzohair (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:45:52 AM

I talk to many friends of mine about the Bitcoin trade analysis (without saying it is the bitcoin ... I just say it is an X stock). And they all say it is a well known trade price chart called "dead cat bounce".

Any one can help me explain the expression in simple English please?

and please do not take me wrong , I am a bit coin fan (well at least as long as it exists!!)   Cheesy.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:52:47 AM

haha, its like a cult here, you have to be a bitcoin fan or be put on the stake.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:54:44 AM

a dead cat bounce is when something drops in price quite a bit the price starts to look appealing again. But in reality it is
still over priced and continues to fall even lower after the price bounced back up for a short while.
coined

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:56:18 AM

quick survey!

does anyone think he didn't know the answer before he created the thread?

get your votes in!  Wink
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 06:00:47 AM

It does look a bit like a dead cat bounce, although the bounce is gradual.  That kitty was rather rubbery.  I'm sure someone will post a log graph soon to prove the cat is alive and well.
walidzohair (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 06:28:53 AM

lol @ rubbery.

Yah that is hat I told my friend too. I said look! Look! the cat is still bouncing up again after every fall! YAY me! that cat must be alive!!!.

But she old me as long as the bouncing is always lower than the one before then the cat is DEAD!!!.

She told me too that is a well known beaver chart behavior (or was it bearish behavior and the other one was the beaver!).

Any way, I still really do not understand all that technical stuff! Can someone please explain.

Thanks!
walidzohair (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 06:44:56 AM

oh umm and some filthy man told me as it wont be used for drugs and illegal issues any more it will vanish as in a pyramid scheme!!

is a pyramid scheme something related to Egypt ?
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 08:42:48 AM

In Norse mythology, troll, like thurs is a term applied to jötnar. In Old Norse sources, trolls are said to dwell in isolated mountains, rocks, and caves, sometimes live together (usually as father-and-daughter or mother-and-son), and are rarely described as helpful or friendly.

i am satoshi
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 10:41:20 AM

Even I thought we saw a dead cat bounce just now. It was that obvious. In fact I was hoping for it so I can get some more coins that I think of as cheap (<$5). Not yet there though, but probably soon. Not calling an exact low but I'm very confident that it'll be at $4.xx, at which point the volumes will go way higher again. That is still the best range for buying in.

The long term situation is still very good. If the price were to stay at under $5 for a week or so I would call long term neutral. If it were to stay at below $4 for a week I would call long term down, and below $4 for a month, then I'd call abandon ship.

But for now there's much reason to be positive. For one, the volumes for this correction have been low, meaning the sellers aren't that interested either. And if the volumes continue to go skyhigh at $4.xx, the signs are good. In that situation all that the market needs is some fresh blood willing to buy and a real rally could happen. So just wait for it.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:03:46 AM

oh umm and some filthy man told me as it wont be used for drugs and illegal issues any more it will vanish as in a pyramid scheme!!

I know little of stock trading, but I can assure you that bitcoin will remain to be used in drug trade irrespective of bitcoin exchange price trends.

"Bitcoin" + "GPS-aided single-use randomized dead drops" = "very reliable and safe way to trade drugs".

Just sayin'

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
walidzohair (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:46:31 AM

I was talking about big times drugs and arms money yo microscopic dope junkie Cheesy. That kind of huge ass money transfer demand is the only mean to summon the cat soul! And that kind of money open the FEDs appetizer.

But ah again maybe Gavin gave the FEDs all the details to pin point every transfer detail up to the trader undies IP ass address.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 11:51:20 AM

I talk to many friends of mine about the Bitcoin trade analysis (without saying it is the bitcoin ... I just say it is an X stock). And they all say it is a well known trade price chart called "dead cat bounce".

and please do not take me wrong , I am a bit coin fan (well at least as long as it exists!!)   Cheesy.

Thanks!

I think the only way to settle this and figure it out for yourself is to find a dead cat and bounce it on the ground. You will find the answer you are looking for at that point.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Jixtreme

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:48:26 PM

Thanks!

y'all got trolled.
druid

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:50:35 PM

It was 100% clear when we got to Egyptian pyramids   Cheesy
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 02:29:20 PM

This thread needs more

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 04:27:43 PM

"Bitcoin" + "GPS-aided single-use randomized dead drops" = "very reliable and safe way to trade drugs".

Just sayin'

Oh, is that how the Dark Brootherhood pays you win ES:17?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 07:05:15 PM

And that kind of money open the FEDs appetizer.

At this point I can only vaguely infer that you are trolling, but the meaning of the above phrase escapes me completely.

But ah again maybe Gavin gave the FEDs all the details to pin point every transfer detail up to the trader undies IP ass address.

CIA is not "feds", get your US-centric jargon straight.

Just sayin'

Oh, is that how the Dark Brootherhood pays you win ES:17?

Sorry, didn't get the reference.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
walidzohair (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 09:37:02 AM

ummm i tried a suggestion mentioned here and throw a dead over the 20th floor balconey and it bounced couple times before it falled finally as in DEAD!!!.

ummm .. maybe i started to figure it out. But here in my country culture we call it "life sweetness" whatever the hell that means but it says when you cut a kitchen throat with a hard knife (preparing for a chicken meal .. ooo yummy) it can happen sometimes that the chicken will just stand again and walk on its feet couple steps before it fall DEAD!!!.

umm I am not sure if this is what meant by the DEAD CAT BOUNCE! expression. But if it is the same .. Does that means bitcoin is going to vanish within a year? or like it is going to stabilize at (0.0001 - 5 $) as the normal price ? I dunno.

Maybe some early adopters just swift in and out for a fast gain and that is it! while they sppose to be the ones that support bitcoins?!?!

all i am sure of is right now I am still confused and not sure what (DEAD CAT BOUNCE) means ?!?!?!?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 11:22:50 AM

I know little of stock trading, but I can assure you that bitcoin will remain to be used in drug trade irrespective of bitcoin exchange price trends.

Just sayin'

So would be using fiat money +  "GPS-aided single-use randomized dead drops" = "very reliable and safe way to trade drugs". Isn't that how it's done now? All they do now is use secure comms for the locations.

In fact, the strength of bitcoin isn't so much the pseudonymity, but the public ledger.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
walidzohair (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 11:25:18 AM

I think using bitcoin instead of fiat money will make it harder to catch the traders with "dirty hand deals" as money exchanging is harder to be proven.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: