Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:42:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread.  (Read 130945 times)
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:47:08 AM

cat price hitting a new low, we are close to 1K sat per CAT. 
vondi1122

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:42:06 AM

cat price hitting a new low, we are close to 1K sat per CAT. 

Jeah, its a joke.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
etblvu1

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:52:17 AM

But the volume is pretty low. The prices are cheap, but nobody can pick up any significant number of coins at this price. All one can do to try, is set up a buy wall and hope someone sells into it; or pick up the less cheap coins that are offered, but this would drive up the prices. There are an awful lot of CAT holders out there, who are choosing to hold and see what happens, versus try to offload it at a big loss. For every seller, there is a buyer, and very few people are buying and selling. Better days ahead.

Etblvu1
btcjams

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:05:00 PM

I can help with volume of transactions and other things as needed. 

It would be helpful to have an advocate that can answer questions from a community of prospects in a forum setting on the community's turf and a developer willing to barter development time in exchange for web traffic and referrals. Referrals to a Catcoin web site that I will create and bring business owners that want to use Catcoin.

Something like this falls in line with a crypto coin grass roots marketing concept that I am trying to get off the ground. PM or post here if you are interested in barter arrangement.

cheers

kong2029

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:52:25 PM

Stuck at block 29126.  Using Qt v0.9.1.1-PID-beta

Is this the right version?  Any ideas?

Thanks
ThePeePs

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:03:50 PM

Thanks

That is the correct version, and that is the current block, been stuck on it for the past 3 days.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
kong2029

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:22:44 PM

Thanks

That is the correct version, and that is the current block, been stuck on it for the past 3 days.

But in that case shouldn't my wallet be up to date?  It says 'out of sync'.

Thanks-
ThePeePs

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:48:06 PM

It will say out of sync because it thinks it is (cause the last block is from 3 days ago).  when the current block is solved your wallet will say synced again even tho it currently is.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
kong2029

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:59:21 PM

It will say out of sync because it thinks it is (cause the last block is from 3 days ago).  when the current block is solved your wallet will say synced again even tho it currently is.

OK, got it.  Thank you.
vondi1122

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:58:30 AM

Any news with CAT?

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████       █████       ███████
   █████        █████        █████
Blaksmith

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:38:29 AM

Nothing new to report at this time that I can tell.  Had a nice bit of steady hashing on it through the day today, and it started to level out, till someone slammed it again ... With the 4th of July holiday coming up here in the USA, I don't expect much more until after the holiday.

Blak

"Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one." Dr. Emmett Brown
Donations welcome: Bitcoin: 1BLAKSMTjnME4ZJX7VzzUyEgbQYLShvqgi Catcoin: 9aw3Ttiz5yMALUm2DUj748cCHYQLatwLPz Unobtanium: uh3bjJua71jFijmz1yAB89KM8mqJEbzrek
Pool owner of: geekhash.org
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 10:59:16 AM

http://cat.e-pool.net:9993/static/

Enjoy e-pool mining!

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
TomInVa57

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:41:30 PM

Hi All. How long should it take to get confirmations? I've been waiting a week on a pool for the first block I mined and it still says 4 confs left, have a few more blocks waiting, with the last one saying 42 confs left, and that was mined on 7/1. I sent a support request to the site and the reply was "The coin seems to only be mined intermittently which slows down the confirmation process.", I've never heard of this excuse and am having a hard time believing it. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Tom.
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:01:56 PM

whats up with my coins?? i had 30 somethin coins when i used the older version so i updated my wallet and redownloaded the blockchain and now any transactions after 3/16/14 arent showing up as confirmed. I have this showing:

Date: 4/5/14 20:22
To: 9jCGjmDwrx1mUvkV8pNPGwTXntjCZKjMMP (own address)
Credit: 35.17487547 CAT
Net amount: +35.17487547 CAT
Transaction ID: 688e8b173d5c71b9723e27b533361297de85806be7c1a4ba553f01649933262b

and it wont go any further……they were confirmed in the old version before i upgraded to the new version because the old one wasnt able to sync up anymore and it said i had to upgrade so thats what i did….did i just lose everything??
etblvu1

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:19:11 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 07:51:42 PM by etblvu1

Hi All. How long should it take to get confirmations? I've been waiting a week on a pool for the first block I mined and it still says 4 confs left, have a few more blocks waiting, with the last one saying 42 confs left, and that was mined on 7/1. I sent a support request to the site and the reply was "The coin seems to only be mined intermittently which slows down the confirmation process.", I've never heard of this excuse and am having a hard time believing it. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Tom.

There is some truth to the statement that confirmation take a long time with Catcoins currently. You can look at the blockchain at www.catchain.info to see the list of when blocks were most recently found. Just as with bitcoin, Catcoin requires 120 confirmations before the generated coins can be spent. However, sometimes blocks are taking hours to generate - you can see this for yourself if you go visit catchain.info. Currently, we are at block 29275 (as of this writing), so any coins generated on or before block 29155 should be available to spend, which corresponds to June 28. So I would give it about 3 more days. I know it's frustrating, but at least by keeping your eye on the catchain.info, you can see precisely when the block you helped solve will become available.

There are or were some Catcoin pools that made coins available before waiting the entire 120 blocks, you may want to ask around. You can visit ##catcoin on the freenode IRC network and try asking there. As a bonus, if you lurk around that channel, it will give you automated real time announcements on when a block is found.

There are discussions and plans being formulated which will improve the slow block situation. This has been a long standing issue which has been getting slowly sorted out. A few months ago, believe it or not, it was even worse.

I appreciate your patience. If you give me your Catcoin receive address, I will toss a couple of Catcoins your way to thank you for being engaged and posting this question to this thread.

Etblvu1

etblvu1

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:23:26 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 07:50:23 PM by etblvu1

whats up with my coins?? i had 30 somethin coins when i used the older version so i updated my wallet and redownloaded the blockchain and now any transactions after 3/16/14 arent showing up as confirmed. I have this showing:

Transaction ID: 688e8b173d5c71b9723e27b533361297de85806be7c1a4ba553f01649933262b

and it wont go any further……they were confirmed in the old version before i upgraded to the new version because the old one wasnt able to sync up anymore and it said i had to upgrade so thats what i did….did i just lose everything??

You may or may not have lost the coins. This would usually mean whoever sent you the coins were on the wrong fork when they sent you the coins, so as soon as they update their software, they should see that what they thought they sent to you, is still sitting in their wallet. In this case, you should ask them to re-send. If the coins were mined on the wrong fork, then the coins never came into existence as far as the official fork is concerned, so in that case, there is nothing available to send to you. It is imperative that when you are mining and transferring coins back and forth with people, you make sure there has not recently been a new version that came out, and if so, both you and the other person are on the same version.

Thank you for being engaged and posting this question. Please feel free to post any additional questions. I will send you a couple of coins for being engaged and asking a good question.

Etblvu1
numnutz2009

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:03:04 PM

You may or may not have lost the coins. This would usually mean whoever sent you the coins were on the wrong fork when they sent you the coins, so as soon as they update their software, they should see that what they thought they sent to you, is still sitting in their wallet. In this case, you should ask them to re-send. If the coins were mined on the wrong fork, then the coins never came into existence as far as the official fork is concerned, so in that case, there is nothing available to send to you. It is imperative that when you are mining and transferring coins back and forth with people, you make sure there has not recently been a new version that came out, and if so, both you and the other person are on the same version.

Thank you for being engaged and posting this question. Please feel free to post any additional questions. I will send you a couple of coins for being engaged and asking a good question.

Etblvu1

well it wasnt an individual that sent me the coins. No one actually sent me ne catcoins all of them came from coinex.pw or from another catcoin pool but i forgot the name of it since i havent mined them in a while but if im remembering correctly it was coinium.org. so basically i lost the coins earned then?? i guess it was my stupidity for thinkin holdin coins was smart to do. i figured hacking/stealing coins was the way to lose them besides not backin up your wallet of course but this kinda blows. It was confirmed before i upgraded. once i didnt no transactions after the middle of march post. Is there any way to see when the forks happened?? its hard to believe there was a fork in the bc for the better part of a month…..wouldnt someone have noticed it? kinda blows.
etblvu1

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:29:54 AM

well it wasnt an individual that sent me the coins. No one actually sent me ne catcoins all of them came from coinex.pw or from another catcoin pool but i forgot the name of it since i havent mined them in a while but if im remembering correctly it was coinium.org. so basically i lost the coins earned then?? i guess it was my stupidity for thinkin holdin coins was smart to do. i figured hacking/stealing coins was the way to lose them besides not backin up your wallet of course but this kinda blows. It was confirmed before i upgraded. once i didnt no transactions after the middle of march post. Is there any way to see when the forks happened?? its hard to believe there was a fork in the bc for the better part of a month…..wouldnt someone have noticed it? kinda blows.

It's never a good idea to use a mining pool as a place to store coins. You lost a total of about 34 coins?

Etblvu1
numnutz2009

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:48:32 PM

It's never a good idea to use a mining pool as a place to store coins. You lost a total of about 34 coins?

Etblvu1

i didnt use a pool to store my coins though….it was my catcoin wallet. yes 34 and change. sure its not a ton but mined coins r mined coins lol. 1.8 coins is what i was left with after redownloading the blockchain so there goes 34 coins i guess. blower
etblvu1

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:14:19 PM

i didnt use a pool to store my coins though….it was my catcoin wallet. yes 34 and change. sure its not a ton but mined coins r mined coins lol. 1.8 coins is what i was left with after redownloading the blockchain so there goes 34 coins i guess. blower

How did you originally get those 34 coins? The most likely thing is that those 34 coins were sent to you on a fork that was eventually overridden. Depending on whether you were mining, and got those coins as part of mining awards, or payment for something, you may be able to get the original sender to resend the coins to you. If you were contributing to mining on a fork that did not turn out to be the one that won out, then there never were any coins, and they weren't really lost, more that you saw some phantom coins.

Etblvu1
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: