Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:50:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest in an ICO?  (Read 2785 times)
doyouslide (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:05:59 AM

Good day fellow investors,

I have some spare eth and btcs and I am searching for an alternative way to invest, is ICO really worth it? and if it is, I heard there are scams, what can you recommend I should do?

Regards.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siena23

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:52:30 AM

Look for a really good ICO project, in the sense that the project is very useful for everyday activities. And read, understand whitepaper, goals, vision, mission of the project. Usually if a professional project will refund you if the project fails. So you have to know who the members of the project team.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Aleksey1958

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:59:09 PM

The same topics on the forum. Look, look through the forum, many times already discussed this topic about investment in ICO...
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:05:38 PM

I have some spare eth and btcs and I am searching for an alternative way to invest, is ICO really worth it? and if it is, I heard there are scams, what can you recommend I should do?

Regards.
You should learn more about how the define a good ico and avoid the scam ico. if you are doing a very good research for every ico and you will not  be scammed by scam ico. But so many people are only following others to buy or join in the ico without doing any research about that. I suggest you to learn more about how the identifying an ico. It will better for you to learn it.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
cryptosuotor

Activity: 106
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 01:06:42 PM

Not all ICOs are scam as speculated by most people. You can invest in ICOs and make some gain in future. For instance an ICO such as https://yumerium.com is one of the best ICOs in the crypto space. However you have to carry out a due diligent search  to verify authenticity of the project. Thanks
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:15:06 PM

ICO are the best place to invest for larger profit. Do some research before investing in an ICO. It would take time but it's not difficult to find a good ICO.
Look for attainable project, visible development, real world involvement, some people or some work you could verify personally, clear economic model, news on traditional medias (not the sponsored ones.) and community.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:20:42 PM

Depends on how well do you want to earn and what risks are you willing to take. Of course, investing on ICO has higher risk compared to doing bounty. Because participating on ICOs would require you to risk your time, money, effort, and the most important of all although some don't require this, your identity (through KYC) so there's a lot to lose in case the project is a SCAM. Bounties would just ask your time and effort for a little exchange, so there's nothing much to lose but a lot to gain.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:32:33 PM

There might be some ICO projects managed by scammers but also you can find out a few  promising ICOs if you research well.
Do not trust and put your money into any ICO blindly, before investing you should check roadmap, look how good is the developers team behind the ICO and check other aspects so that you will not get scammed
raider150shifter

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:14:11 PM

Yes, participating in an ICO is a great alternative investment.

The do's when investing in an ICO,
1. You should know how ICO works
2. Be sure to be active in the crypto community (btctalk,reddit etc.)
3. Be updated in the news (especially the project that you're investing on)
4. Read the project's whitepaper
5. Do a detailed research on the project(background of the team, etc.)
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:26:11 PM

better search first about the background of ico that you want to invest investigate about team if they are real people sometime the ico provide profile on linkedin but dont trust easy because easy to create account on linkedin try also find their name on other social media and also read the whitepaper and look for their roadmap.
suigeneris01

Activity: 264

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 02:28:22 PM

I think you have made a very good decision to want to invest instead of selling, I think ICO is a good investment option but just as you have said there are truly scams so I will advice that before you choose an ICO to invest in make sure you read the whitepaper of the ICO very well to be sure they are worth the investment. Don't invest in an ICO that are too ambiguous in their figures, they may not be able to meet the target they have set and hence loss of investment.
iellai

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 02:34:20 PM

Be very careful in joining ICO. Dont just believe when someone says its a good project. Do your own research. Check there social medias if they are active. Also there telegram group. Be updated, be aware and yes, the project should be useful for everyday life situation.
criptoroman

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

International Digital Asset Platform

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:36:53 PM

It should be borne in mind that, for various reasons, about 90% of ICO projects will turn into losses for investors, and only one out of ten startups will bring high income.

boserobot

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:44:59 PM

Find a good project. If you believe the project join the ICO and hodl for couple years.
viva95

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:50:06 PM

In my opinion ICO is a great way to invest and get much money but you are right, there are a lot of scammers among them. So, before investing you should research the backgrounds of all team members including profiles on social media, thoroughly read the white paper and ask a qustion to yourself "Do you believe in the idea and its potential?". If everything is ok then you can invest, I think
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:50:16 PM

Always be careful choosing ICO to invest because all associated with money there will be fraud loopholes, Choosing ICO in korean country seems promising.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:51:17 PM

If you find a good ICO project then for sure t is worth investing in it. You could hit the market but you never know until you give it a try

The best is yet to come!
andrey111

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:52:49 PM

If this is a good project that people really need, then why not? The only thing that can stop, it's very difficult now to find such a project. Recently, more and more scam projects have come to light.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:58:59 PM

Regards.

ICO is never a bad move but you need to consider a lot of things so that you will have security with your investments. You said it yourself that you've heard a lot of scams when it comes to ICO so I highly suggest that you find a coin or token to invest in which has a very good performance in the market. I can recommend some few promising altcoins that could give you decent profit in the future.

Here is my top list of altcoins:

1.IOST
2.EOS
3.XMR
4. DASH

Always remember to invest an amount that you can afford to lose.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:03:01 PM

Regards.
ICO is a good idea, but currently there are too many unsuccessful projects or scam projects members, you should choose and consider when investing!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: