Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:49:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people don't vote?  (Read 3615 times)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:41:08 PM

The problem is lack of education about the rights of the people. The people are uneducated about how they could lead a country to a better level. They are unaware about their rights.

10 of thousands of years of history

people are uneducated  (does not make them stupid)

people worked and played, had their own leadership

Often better and healthier than at any level a developed country could achieve

Grin
Fallengun

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:00:00 PM

If you lived in poor country (like Belarus, Ukraine, Asia countries) you would understand why people do not go to the elections. People are disappointed in politics, they do not believe them, new faces do not appear, all the candidates are the same notorious thiefs that try to have a politic power over and over again. Moreover, if the honest  young human being comes to the politic in these countries, the system breaks him and makes him whether a new thief or made him go.
fordharrison

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 08:04:52 PM

Absolutely agree with those who say or votes mean nothing. Everything is predicted and prejudjed. You really think they let stupid people elect higher powers? No way, we are just pownds, just as them, but they are like kings, the real players are invisible for us. (Yes I'm a fan of conspiracy, but you must be blind or stupid if you don't believe that))))
Gorchiza_112

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:11:03 AM

Maybe the problem is it's a right not an obligation. I understand that people mostly don't believe that their votes matter.
But by not acting we're making everything so much easier for those who decides for us. Let;s make voting obligatory for everyone, when you HAVE to speak up, you don't have choice to be inert.
VeLa.RE

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:19:25 PM

I think sometimes individuals feel that the lesser or two evils isn't a choice at all, so therefore abstain from voting, this is not how the democratic system is meant to work.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:07:05 AM

If you lived in poor country (like Belarus, Ukraine, Asia countries) you would understand why people do not go to the elections. People are disappointed in politics, they do not believe them, new faces do not appear, all the candidates are the same notorious thiefs that try to have a politic power over and over again. Moreover, if the honest  young human being comes to the politic in these countries, the system breaks him and makes him whether a new thief or made him go.

A part of the population is disappointed, but if they were the majority the thieves wouldn't be ruling anything. The problem is that there is an important parcel of the population that supports thieves and helps the system to weaken the good politicians that appear sometimes. A big parcel of the population is part of the problem, they aren't innocents...

It makes the good people lose their hopes and it makes the good politicians give up.

There is also a part of the population that doesn't vote, not because they are disappointed, but because they are alienated and unconcerned about this matter.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:09:46 PM

not voting, is a vote

Grin
Emigham7

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:18:18 PM

Most times, the primary reasons behind people's refusal from voting are:#the contestants are non of their choice  #some believe that whether they vote or not,the winner has already been selected  like in Nigeria. #some are not aware of the need to vote and make choice of their  leader. #financial implications are also reasons why people don't vote. #violence that is related to elections is also one of the reasons, especially in Africa.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:36:46 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!
Yeah, for me, we need to vote to put what we want to vote and it is our right, maybe some people don't want to take time to vote or maybe they are too busy with their work and can't go to their precinct just to vote for what they wanted. I also think that this is our responsibility as a voter we need to choose for what we want and we have to think wisely and vote wisely for our better future.
Beli99

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:58:26 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 03:26:41 PM by Beli99

People dont vote because in many countries their isnt any alternatives to vote for ,like in my country you have two partys that are big, have money influence and runing the country for 20 years and guess what nothing has change same people same vote cheating ,as in my country we say dead people votes because their was many cases that they find vote from people that are dead for decades and thats not it they have marketing manipulation they pay media to promote them and many of small partys that have potencial to make something good never see day light thats the main problem people lost faith

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
UnknownTraders

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:29:42 AM

I’ve never felt secure enough in my knowledge to vote. And I felt like an uneducated vote is worse than not voting at all. So every year I’ve abstained from voting, trusting that the majority will make the right decision for me.

Hawkdono

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

People do not vote because they do not find the right person to choose.

There are also people who feel the hope of the previous leader is disappointed, and now they don't believe in the name of democracy.

I think they aren't wrong, what is wrong is the people who make them disappointed.

Sometimes democracy makes us sick. Particularly, in my country, who run as candidates for leaders are people who have a lot of money but lack the ability to lead.

But i respect those who continue to vote, to respect the prevailing laws and democracies and participate in change.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:54:22 PM

No point in voting it's fixed     and even if it's not     your out voted by the influx of voting immigrants ..
So what's the point in voting ?..

The way things are i wouldn't look at the country you live in as   not your country just a place to make money how ever you see fit..
It's not your country so don't think it is   just make monies and move on ..

And if you don't make monies some immigrant will   well no such thing as immigrants this is the thought process we must take because the ELITE said so..
So why join the ARMY unless you want to kill   BUT your not doing it for your country your doing it for the monies and to protect the super riches businesses ..So lets not pretend ..

FIGHT FOR YOURSELF..  No such thing as a country ..WE HAVE FREE MOVEMENT Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..
So the fact of free movement it means every man or women for themselves ..

Like who ever is first in the QUEUE for anything like public services  A MASSIVE QUEUE..

Woman, 22, left lying on A&E floor in agony for five hours using coat as ...
https://www.mirror.co.uk › News › UK News › NHS
16 Jan 2018 - A 22-year-old woman was left lying on the floor of A&E in agony for more than ... was forced to lie on the floor of the waiting room area with a coat as a makeshift ... Last summer Kyra was placed on an NHS waiting list for laser

JUST 1 OF MANY MANY CASES  ..

BUT i suppose it's OK   BRANSON and CRONIES have private healthcare   and live on a ISLAND with no immigration  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. GREEDY FUCKERS..
maximilian4aue

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:57:46 PM

It is about people's perception about voting. Some believe that their votes won't count and so what's the need for voting. There is need for sensitization and voting education. I often think this should be an important aspect of political campaigns - to sensitize people on the need to vote.
tobi4255

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:38:24 PM

"It is about people's perception about voting. Some believe that their votes won't count and so what's the need for voting. There is need for sensitization and voting education. I often think this should be an important aspect of political campaigns - to sensitize people on the need to vote. "

- Agreed.

Voting individually is the whole point - if odern (possibly younger) people realised the death and sacrifices, wars and other terrible suffering that the peoplee have endured; just for the chance to vote..

- I think very rapidly the polling booths would fill.

Personally I do tactical vote - Lib dem/Greens, whatever as yes one vote is meagre; but at least with a one issue or lesser issue party manifesto, your vote carries more inherant 'weight.' ino

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Mobeecryptotech

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

Some people do not vote due to a variety of reasons the most popular reason being that they feel democracy would not be achieved whether they vote or not. Another reason may be due to the prevalence of electoral malpractice in the society making people stay at home due to fear for their lives,etc
To solve political apathy,  irregularities in the electoral system should be checked. Also there should be more efforts to educate the masses on the importance of voting.
langaw2018
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:38:46 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!

Some people didn't vote because they dont like the candidate running for the position and have so many issues. So they rather disregards there vote and thats there freedom.
Browncephas

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:54:58 PM

1.. SAFE SEAT RESIDENTS
Some individuals who have an interest in politics and even support a party, don’t vote as a result of they feel their vote would be wasted.
These are people that live inside parliamentary constituencies with safe seats. If these seats have a powerful majority for a party they do not support they will see very little purpose selection.

2.. NOT ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE
Some individuals believe they don’t understand enough about either the government, the election process or individual party policies to vote.
Jaysleek

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:13:46 PM

Sometimes people don't vote or want to participate in voting because of fear. Fear of being harmed.
I remember during an election I attended,  thugs came from no where and started beating people up, fingers were cut off,  someone was even stabbed. The rest flee saying they would never come out for election, since then minority that they probably promised money of food came out.
chunterrie

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 01:37:14 PM

There's a certain religion that members are not allowed to vote.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: