Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people don't vote?  (Read 3615 times)
kokofromdablock

Activity: 33
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:50:11 PM

Because for example a man is sitting on his couch drinking beer and watching TV and saying to himself "nah what`s gonna change my vote? Nothing so I don't need to go out and wait all day to vote for nothing.".. But the truth is that if everyone pick up their asses and go together to vote for the good - then the changes will come. And also we don't forget that 70% of the choices are the wrong but saying the opposite. Smiley
Goldentoken

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:13:34 AM

Taking Nigeria as a case study, People no longer believe in Democracy. The same story told by the previous leader is what the present Leader will repeat. So they see it as of no use stressing themselves when they know the story is same.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:31:17 AM

In the US, most of the people I know who don't vote, don't vote because we don't have much of a choice.  Its a duopoly and the two parties are only different on like 3 or 4 social issues.  People wonder why they should vote if we are stuck with the police state, wars, capitalism, and blind support for Israel.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:26:29 AM

I will tell you why I don`t vote, different names with same face, its not important who will win and who will lose, they work for system and for themselves, ordinary people always stay where they are, on the bottom. I think nothing can change that, people look on the surface, but today global stage is what affects us all, presidents sits together drink and have fun while ordinary people go to war and live on the edge of poverty. Something`s gonna change that? Hell no, maybe in who knows how many generations, but in close future everything will stay the same. If I can vote I would vote for blockchain, blockchain can help us to clear some big problems in administrations, for voting, for everything.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
oannejoannes

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:38:37 PM

Education  Data show that the single biggest predictor of whether someone will vote is whether they hold a college degree, Burden notes. College graduates make more money, on average. They are more likely to look for information about politics. And they are more likely to have friends who vote. People without a college degree, he says, are less likely to seek out political information. They also are less likely to have friends who care about politics or talk about voting.
io.219832

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:21:39 PM

We recently had election and only about a half of voters turned up for the vote.

Don't people realise it is their democratic right to vote, to be able to influence where we are going as society? Don't they realise what a priviledge this is compared to old times and places with no democracy. It is a duty and responsibility in my opinion. If you don't vote, then don't complain!

because they collectively think its useless, like its in the usa. the rich are doing the more effective media campaign.

regards
totally agree with you. in many countries and in my own, too, this is only a concert, for those who have not yet understood the essence of the government. even if everyone votes against the ruling system, they will show that people voted for it. The ruling class easily rewrites the election results. example recentelections. elections do not change the system, which is rotten and serves not people, but against people

Yes and no, it also depends, like id understand if a ung man or woman cant decide to vote their first time. But still dont advise people to vote blank
Dave5

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:44:01 PM

Because people think that their vote doen't matter much in a larger population.Moreover in the 3rd world countries the government is decided by uneducated ones as they are easy to get bribed where the educated ones vote less for the same reason.People should come out and vote so that they atleast shouldn't blame the outcome and be a good citizen.Their are many incidents where the leaders got elected or defeated by just one vote.So individual vote matters in my opinion.

❒ SWISS ALPS ❒        ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬      ❒ SWISS ALPS ❒
█████          The Smart Mining Company           █████
Telegram █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █     Twitter
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 01:35:05 AM

I will tell you why I don`t vote, different names with same face, its not important who will win and who will lose, they work for system and for themselves, ordinary people always stay where they are, on the bottom. I think nothing can change that, people look on the surface, but today global stage is what affects us all, presidents sits together drink and have fun while ordinary people go to war and live on the edge of poverty. Something`s gonna change that? Hell no, maybe in who knows how many generations, but in close future everything will stay the same. If I can vote I would vote for blockchain, blockchain can help us to clear some big problems in administrations, for voting, for everything.
I like your point of view, and people tend to work for themselves and not for the country. Our country has a lot of people like that and only care about themselves, even myself, I choose myself, but if it's for the betterment of the country, I will choose the country. It's hard to do just because of the peers that you have, they would think of you as an outcast or someone who is puffing up to the leader. I think that's just the way the world works, and it's going to be hard to change the hierarchy.

It's not necessarily voting for the blockchain but implementing it with data transferring, contact gathering, and especially the transactions. It is to prevent corruption with the country's money. I would really support someone who would be willing to do that for the country.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:24:21 PM

Why people don't vote is because some individual simply believe that they did not understand enough about the government, the election process or individual party policies to vote
People have rather come to the realization that irrespective of who comes to power, nothing is going to change and that the politicians are going to say anything to win power and not not fulfil any of their promises.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
FilesFM_Announcements
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 09:31:59 AM

The whole system needs to be methodically reinvented.. but to topple government and force a new regime in place isn't on the to do list of the millennials and newer generations, its more important to post their favourite dinner or shoes on instagram.. voting, changing the system.. the most these new young generations can do is whine on facebook!

files.fm library ✦ 
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
FilesFM_Announcements
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 11:20:51 AM

I think that most people don't vote because they don't trust their politicians. Why is it necessary to go out and vote if they don't have an appropriate choice?

I think that could be reflected even more so if we could all have the opportunity to vote from home, digitally..or via text message, facebook etc..

I pretty much bet either due to apathy or a distrust for the the elected candidates the overall voting turn out would be the same..

files.fm library ✦ 
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 03:17:37 AM

The whole system needs to be methodically reinvented.. but to topple government and force a new regime in place isn't on the to do list of the millennials and newer generations, its more important to post their favourite dinner or shoes on instagram.. voting, changing the system.. the most these new young generations can do is whine on facebook!
What system are you thinking about of, when you want to change it? I think it would be hard starting from scratch or either changing but it's not bad to think about it and it needs many actions to proceed. You cannot blame the millennials if they themselves do not care so much about political stuff, it's just that they didn't care enough because they were ignored by in the first place. Probably some people in the government think of millennials as stupid, that's why they don't care about it. I don't know, hopefully, everything would work out great.

I think that most people don't vote because they don't trust their politicians. Why is it necessary to go out and vote if they don't have an appropriate choice?

I think that could be reflected even more so if we could all have the opportunity to vote from home, digitally..or via text message, facebook etc..

I pretty much bet either due to apathy or a distrust for the the elected candidates the overall voting turn out would be the same..
It isn't a bad idea to do that and implementing blockchain technology along with those kinds of things, voting, etc, it would be as easy as it gets. People just need to be there personally because they need to verify that it is you and you are alive or something like that.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hicoine

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:05:55 PM

Two parties may not be enough  The United States has two main political parties: Republicans and Democrats. Other political parties exist, such as the Green party and the Libertarians. Few people, however, vote for candidates of those “other” parties. This is because U.S. elections only reward what is known as “first past the post.” The one who gets the most votes wins.
IndeecV

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:40:36 PM

Modern democracy is simply a manipulative illusion. It pursues only one goal - to shift the responsibility for the decisions of politicians onto the shoulders of voters. Once we have chosen them, it means that we are to blame for what is happening in the country.
The illusion of influence. Like a child behind the wheel of a toy car, which the father controls with the help of a remote control. There is a rudder, but control is illusory.
Democracy is just a transitional stage.
The best system would be elections with the help of competent people. It is strange to think that at 18, a pizzeria courier is as competent as a university professor at 50 to choose.
But we too recently came to the concept of equality. And such radical ideas are too painful for society. And the effectiveness of this approach is certainly not proven.
yascrypto94

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:15:08 PM

Because, I think, people feel like they are living in the real world, and politicians are living in another one, and they aren't the same.

Thatswhy some call traditional politicians in USA for instance THE ESTABLISHMENT, and so on, in each country you will find this ESTABLISHMENT, who defend their interests and forget that people voted for them.
SinarG

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:44:45 PM

It seems to me that many people do not vote because they are disappointed in this system. Many do not even believe in the fairness of the elections, because there have been cases of rigging the results. There is a feeling that the winner of the election has long been determined, but not by us .. Maybe I’m wrong, but I heard such opinions from residents of other countries.
The_Tick

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:48:18 PM

It seems to me that many people do not vote because they are disappointed in this system. Many do not even believe in the fairness of the elections, because there have been cases of rigging the results. There is a feeling that the winner of the election has long been determined, but not by us .. Maybe I’m wrong, but I heard such opinions from residents of other countries.

I would have to agree..I think people also see voting a lot like choosing between lesser evils.

Also, despite the winner of an election, it is still supply and demand that decides most political decisions. Every country is fighting for its piece of the world's pie, unless it  has a significant amount of valuable resources.

This is why there is no "better" politician and we are slowly being given the liberty to opt out of a country's system thanks to things like the internet.
Sealis

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:53:38 AM

Why even vote? You'll all be influenced by others at some point or another, so is that really your vote anymore? I'd like to see a campaign of a politician include his good and dark sides in it and I'll vote for him sure. But all these campaigns only include them acting "good". They do such a farce of things in the face of the media ONLY when it's time for elections.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:34:29 PM

The main reason why I stopped voting was lack of parties that represent my values. I mean there are libertarian parties and I used to vote for them, but they don't stand a chance. They are always below 5% and this has been going on for decades.
For some reason people like to be ruled, they like when others are making the decisions for them, and when they're given a false sense of security and a false sense of freedom. There are usually 2 major political parties (depending on a country) that share the power. When people get fed up with one they choose the other one, not knowing that they both are almost one and the same thing.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3080

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 11:50:39 AM

Meanwhile, Jehovah’s Witnesses choose not to vote as they also believe themselves politically neutral and live their lives by principles set out in the bible rather than government.[/size][/font]

I believe religious people should not have the right to vote, as they are not of sound mind.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: