Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:00:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Projects Returning Investors Money  (Read 780 times)
samsung001sss

Activity: 406
Merit: 37

InternetLIFT.ru

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:52:07 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

Anyone else have any experience with refunds (or not)?

If the ICO product is good, then you can hope for a refund. If the ICO company is scammers who are covered with white paper, then there is no chance to get the money back.

iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:52:18 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

i have experienced a full return on my investment when i have invested on a fail ico of a company. they have sent my money back without further ado. the company was Valus if i am not mistaken an Estonian based company primarily focuses on e commerce
lositech

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 05:01:37 PM

Yeah sure, that's one why reason it is good to do your own research before investing in any ICO, If you check well you will see where they will state that if they didn't reach their soft cap, that they will refund the investors, any ICO that doesn't state that should be avoided
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

I invested in dehedge. They managed to collect 2 mln+ on pre ico, but they cancelled tokensale because they concluded partnership with investors and decided that there is no reason to hold tokensale as long as they have working product and investors. they made a refund

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:10:31 PM

i received my investments in ethereum and i think i was around minus 40% in fiat, but who cares if i invested ethereum and received ethereum back, i hope will be in future less scams and delays in icos. Overall i like icos.
Still good thing instead of having nothing and being scammed all the way, those ico project who refunded their investors are great, as many project was been created and just do nothing but sucking investors money, better to be thankful and reinvest that money though its lesser from its original value in fiat but you can still use it for another investment inside crypto.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
luckybar

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

Most ICOs never refund money, consider yourself lucky to be involved wit ha high integrity team if they actually do this.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:21:38 PM

In my observation now in the flow of ico past from last year, only few ico do that things in terms of returning the capital investment of their

investors. Due to most of the ico nowadays are running away suddenly and never give any updates about their projects. Until most of their

investors got frustrated and disappointed.
jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:27:34 PM

This is very good and it speaks well of the industry. if you collected money for a project that will bring a lot of returns to investors and was not able to execute the project,the best thing to do is to return money collected to their respective owners.This will boost their trust and anytime, they will be ready to invest in any ICO project. I like the moral integrity of such ICO projects.
Cryptomania098

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:29:33 PM

There are many ICOs out there that I still respect alot and I give kudos to them for their honesty. Some of ICOs which I participated in that folded up still return our money, tho, it might be at loss but they still summon their courage to refund investors money. KUDOS!
cryptoblezin

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:32:41 PM

You are very lucky in this crypto space. Many ICOs do run away with people's money if they feel they won't be able to succeed in the project that they already embark on. And even some projects came into existence with the intention to scam their investors. It is rare to see a project that fails and return back funds to the investors. Any project that failed due to one reason or the other and refund investors' fund, it means they are legitimate team behind the project. That is one of the reasons why one really need to research well about a project before investing and have full conviction that the project is real and legit.
Be happy that you are as such a lucky person.
sumaneaiyandiya

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:13:50 AM

So far I didnt experience any tasks that truly come up short and discount for us, however I encountered a lottery venture, brilliant billions that really completed an agreement that enable speculators to discount 90% of our ETH contributed and that is quite cool, in any case that undertaking has bug in their wallet and they couldnt extricate those solidified finances as well, squandered undertaking and fishy designers yet I was glad to get 90% of my speculations back as a decent exercise
darmawan_lasuara

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:22:57 AM

Sometimes there are some projects that do not work, and we need to keep appreciating the team and developers for being honest during critical times. Although you may lose some of your money, but I think that's better than you investing in ICO scam.
Lareina

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:44:57 PM

This is a relatively good result. After all, not every ICO project can raise success. This requires the support of most people.
freakcoins

Activity: 188

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

Some i know that the project fails they will gone, and you cannot found it anymore without returning your investment if there are projects that failed glad the investors get back their money if their is..
jpnl0004

Activity: 198

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:04:55 PM

You are very lucky i guess scammers have no consequence while doing their evil deed when a project fails everything disappears into the thin air and its all gone so congratulations on your recovery
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:20:46 PM

You are lucky you got your invested funds back the Heartbeat team must have good inner values and guts to return the money of the investors. Most of the ICOs are turns out to be scam, Last time I participated in IONCHAIN ICO, they collected the funds and launched on the IDEX and you know what they sold tokens of the team members which were supposed to be locked for year and unsold tokens which were supposed to be burned. IONCHAIN turned out to be scam and runaway with all the funds collected with the ICO and exchange. Some ICOs are good but some times they don't receive the supports from the investors and they failed. Some ICOs have good concept but they fail to reach their soft-cap, I have seen ICOs which failed to reach their soft-cap have returned the collected funds of the investors like Swappy & one more name i am not recalling & this is what we call values. Whenever team members of that ICO will again launch another project the investors will be confident that their funds are safe with that team members

reversemartingale

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:23:55 PM

I dont think so that they will return your money after you bought from them lol. you ll be lucky if you get your money back as most devs are greedy
Taniya1901

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:32:22 PM

Yes, normal decent ico, which did not collect the pool, give back the invested money to investors. Some get lost and give nothing. And there are those who specifically collect pool, though is not going to release any products
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:35:32 PM

I think that will take a long time because this is an anonymous market, they can also steal your money and leave. Hope you do not over expect your money back. Please continue to look for good ICO projects and invest in them to make a profit. Rare Refinance Projects for Crypto Market Investors

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:41:04 PM

Yes for now its normal with me same happens month ago what i invested i get back project name is hybrid betting very dissapointed about that...this is becose market is unstable now and  btc,eth price they cant collect they soft cap and ico is pause for market recovery.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: