Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:39:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Projects Returning Investors Money  (Read 781 times)
konflikkastil

Activity: 879
Merit: 10

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:41:15 PM

yes, i once invested in ico, about 1 month after ico project that i follow no news at all telegram them very lonely, but after 1 month then i get an email if the money we invested will come back and that's right i get my money back with the same amount

SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 04:42:17 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

Anyone else have any experience with refunds (or not)?
It's a good thing that some projects are honest and will not fooled their investors. I have joined many projects that have failed to collect enough funds to get the project moving. It's unfortunate that some legit project that have solid product didn't get enough support. And some scam projects managed to collect huge amount of funds and then just disappeared. And I hope you will received your refund.
idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:15:30 PM

Yes, they brought all money back but i had to wait for  a long time. But i understand it takes a lot of time to send money back to all investors.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 10:47:46 AM

It is good they returned investors money, and very few projects will even consider this measure. However this just goes further to highlight the importance of due diligence when investing in crypto projects.
A lot of projects have the technology, partnerships, team and good progress on their roadmap and still fails.
So best to do your own intensive research before making monetary investments.

Remat34

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:56:00 AM

What a lucky fellow you are indeed! I am telling you a personal testimony. A recent one happened to me just last month; June. I participated in an ICO called Hashrental. The CEO;Ian Edwards even came forward to tell us that the ICO has already been successful, that we should wait for exchange, till the moment am writing this, Ian and the entire team are no where to be found.

Note, the fact you are lucky with refunds doesn't mean you should continue to invest in any ICO foolishly, believe me you may eventually encounter a  Waterloo soon.
boroda074

Activity: 168

ONe Social Network

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:07:39 AM

I have no such experience but I have heard that the projects are honestly returning the money only you can lose a little on the commission and all!

panbirt

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:14:11 AM

My personal recommendation is also to stay away from ico, because it takes a long time for an ico to actually complete the delivery, and there will be various unprepared situations. Much of it is done halfway to directly cancel your qualifications.
You are still lucky. Can be returned funds.
Futurm

Activity: 179

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:19:01 AM

I think if ICO fails, you can't get your money back.
Because ICO is not legal in any country at the moment, unless it is a fraud, your rights are not guaranteed.

sinachy

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:53:45 PM

That's how it is supposed to be done, they normally state it on their white that when the project, didn't make their soft-cap, they will return the investors money, so it's one of the things investors should always check in any ico before making an investment.
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:59:25 PM

You are lucky enough to get a refund, because some projects just waste investor's money and that's it.
I hope next year more steps towards legacy will be taken
ekechie

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:46:05 PM

This is good to know to know, this means that the team are very honest people and I will appreciate them for doing that, most people will disappear with the funds or rather won't release all the funds they collected, they will slash it to have a little share for their effort.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:20:48 PM

My personal recommendation is also to stay away from ico, because it takes a long time for an ico to actually complete the delivery, and there will be various unprepared situations. Much of it is done halfway to directly cancel your qualifications.
You are still lucky. Can be returned funds.

If we all stay away from ICOs how would startups raise funds, and how would coins ever make it to the exchange? Airdrops are not so safe either.
Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:37:25 PM

I think if ICO fails, you can't get your money back.
Because ICO is not legal in any country at the moment, unless it is a fraud, your rights are not guaranteed.

Legit ICO will return back the investors money, and this is the proof that all ico isn't scam. Most of the non successful project always resulted to scam investors money due to non profit gaining project, which doesn't refund every investors funds after all. Generally scammers had fraudulent acts which doesn't care about people's effort in dealing with their visions for the project. Hopefully next time investors will be the ones getting the kyc of those offering ico project, so that we can really get the refund after the project failure.
mrkimvanan1

Activity: 130
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:40:13 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

Anyone else have any experience with refunds (or not)?

You're in luck. I join invest in few projects scam and the invested amount is lost according. It's so sad.

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ARAW ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Decentralised Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
(http://arawtoken.io)
alimarh

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:52:08 PM

Wow that's nice, I will say they really got lucky for that, I have my friend who has been in that same situation, the team have refused to refund the money saying they have used the money to build the project so far and renting the office, paying some dev; bla bla,

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Asdeeop

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:59:07 AM

For a fact, in actuality, you would without a doubt get your store return once you didn't put resources into trick venture from the begin. Putting resources into a decent venture isn't sufficiently alright to belive they would hit the objective, so somebody should be set up for the hazard.
suterum

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:13:31 AM

I trust as a matter of fact, indeed, you would without a doubt get your store return once you didn't put resources into trick venture from the begin. Putting resources into a decent task isn't sufficiently alright to belive they would hit the objective, so somebody should be set up for the hazard.
iamreal

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:40:21 AM

I think this is a normally thing to do, normally when a projects fails to reach their soft cap in raising the funds needed to continue their project development, they supposed to return the funds to the investors, because those funds are locked until the tokens sale ends.
firewa

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:46:00 AM

It is a very lucky thing to return investors' funds. Many people lose or lose. Most of the ico this year is a circle of money, you can also return funds in the project failure. Although this project has not been successful, I think this is definitely a project that has a conscience and will definitely succeed in the future.
EqualRand

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 09:47:56 AM

Usually you get nothing when the project fails, the only wayout is lawsuits and stuff like that, but it's rather difficult and time-consuming.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: