Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:40:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Projects Returning Investors Money  (Read 776 times)
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:17:00 PM

I think you are lucky when you invest in a project that has honest people behind it who are actually good enough to return the money that you invested in the coin after the project fails. Most projects will just take the money that the investors have put into the project after it fails without any explanation. The crypto market could use more honest people like this.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seopro1001

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:47:41 PM

You are very lucky man. Congratulations to you. I didn't see anybody who invested in projects and get back money when projects can't go forward. There are many projects become scamers and many investors lost their money. I hope you will get your money in second project soon. Good luck to you.
Jimboqs

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:51:04 PM

Yes I am also in February, I received a ago your Ethereum. and also lost money because the market was falling.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:55:31 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

Anyone else have any experience with refunds (or not)?

Well, different story. I had been in other case, when I was about to cash out my money but suddenly the bank itself didn't send me any code that I need to talk to the customer service for me to get it back in my wallet. Second one is that, when I was cashing out, and then the automated teller machine didn't disperse any money that I filed a complaint to the bank itself to get my money back. For the investing things I don't have any yet so far.
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:33:31 PM

They should return the money by all right, the money does not belong to them, the money was meant for the project and not for the team, so if the project couldn't hold or go on as planned because they could not meet their soft cap then the investors money should be returned and refunded,
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
Merited by AnonBitCoiner (1)

Most ICOs currently take it upon themselves to return investors capital on the ground that the project fails ( softcap not met ) but we still have some scammers out there who are actually in for the profit they get from investors during the pre-sale and public sale and dont bother returning investors money even when the project fails.

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
Bexomol

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:31:29 AM

I didn't know really that discounts are conceivable, yet I think it is uplifting news for you. I assume they should return back your cash to the wallet which was utilized for ICO exchanges.
Gerandoong

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:36:08 AM

Be thankful that you able to refund your money. Some other project out there suddenly disappear after realizing that their project will failed.  Thats why escrow is important on looking for a good project. What ever happen to the project, even if it failed you can be sure that you will get your money back.

agree, out there are many projects that just disappear because they are a scam. so they are looking for other projects. for they also want to get profit again. so my advice if you want to join the project. do research first, because I am afraid you become a victim of fraud again.
ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:34:43 AM

If so, it depends on its writers and becomes one of the conditions. Many great ICOs are there and they are the minimum that they really want to raise. If they do not mean that there are terms that they will return to the participants but I've been scam by many, but most of the professors an ICO will go to the bottom, If you have many competent and knowledgeable writers, and read on Reddit, you should have a good idea of ​​a community that should follow, and Steemit can be a good place to look at us as well.
vallytech

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:40:15 PM

I think it is a normal thing to do, I have seen quit a lot of failed projects that have returned their investors money after failing to reach their soft cap, the investors have a choice to free the money or request for a refund.
sexylady13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:24:12 PM

I invested in one pre-ICO back in November (Heardbeats), I liked the concept and it seemed like a promising project at the time. Unfortunately they folded recently as they couldn't get the partnerships they needed to move the project forward. On the upside, they did return the original investment, albeit at the current dollar value, so lost almost 50%. However, I did respect their honesty and commitment to returning as much as possible to the early investors.

Another project I invested in also folded a couple of months back, and I received an email from them saying they were going to return the investment. Still waiting for that one.

Those projects returning money back are exceptions to rules. Usually, if a project hasn't collected Soft Cap, investors don't get their money back. 90% of all the projects just disappear. As a matter of fact, it's a fraud.

PrudnikovLS

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:32:44 PM

My friend had a similar situation and the money that he invested in the project he eventually returned. Wait a little while and you will most likely be sent money to the purse. But still offended when the project closes.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:34:25 PM

Consider yourself to be lucky if you have been refunded atleast by those projects who didn't able to reach up their expected fund caps rather than on not getting at all when the project or team decides to scam.
I never experienced to have that investment refund yet mostly of the project I had joined up did succeed and make some reasonable profits to me which isn't bad at all.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
LegitizeDrops
Copper Member

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

A Great Firm You Can Trust For Managing Campaigns

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 11:37:07 PM

I experienced that too. We cannot predict the outcome of a project unless it hits the soft cap. You are lucky that they returned your investment. That is the importance of reading whitepapers and everything needed to evaluate the legitimacy of the team.

● LEGITIZE DROPS ●
►CAMPAIGN & COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT FIRM◄
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:41:20 PM

Returning of the investments were common with trusted ico developers. When they were unable to move according to the road map due to technical difficulties or some other issues they come up with plans of returning the investment to the investors. In most cases it takes little time to get it back. Same time there have been lot of scamming ico's who get the investments and pack off without any updates.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:50:57 PM

Good thing they returned your money because some other Ico's they scam the money from investors. This is the risks can encounter when investing failed to reach the soft cap/hard cap of their project. At least you experience of returning the money you had invest.
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:52:40 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2018, 02:47:39 AM by mklost

Yes, some projects are doing this. such a great they are. While most projects are being scammed, some failed projects are returning the investment to the investors! Your ICO observation is pretty well, you got two honest ICO Projects. I wish if they can make hardcap! Then that project can be huge by their pure honesty.
Asujmule

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:09:55 AM

As a matter of fact, in actuality, you would without a doubt get your store return once you didn't put resources into trick venture from the begin. Putting resources into a decent undertaking isn't sufficiently alright to belive they would hit the objective, so somebody should be set up for the hazard.
Voomleli

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:29:26 AM

Trick venture is continually irritating, I think we should be watchful when contributing, we should pick an undertaking precisely to dodge every one of those trick venture.

Since trick task would make a terrible picture on crytptocurrency.
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:31:32 AM

I'm lucky because i never meet ICOs like you. I like some concept of ICOs but i alway choose the ICOs which is different from others. It means new realm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: