Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mooncoin taken over by the feds?  (Read 14936 times)
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:31:23 PM

Andre Verdun, Christian's brother? who by chance happens to be a lawyer replied to an email I sent requesting information.

Christian Verdun has now been verified as mr_moon. Christian's lies in this thread say a lot I think.

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/204-what-happen-to-mooncoin/page__view__findpost__p__2112

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
upisdown

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:35:48 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 09:49:29 PM by upisdown

He sent you the following message:

Christian Verdun advised me that the site is not his as I misunderstood rambling explanation. I do not do computer jargon and do not have a great grasp on what the situation is, but apparently he is being alleged to be connected to a site that he tells me he is not. Again, that is not my concern. I do, however, request that you discontinue all communications with him as I previously advised.

Please stop harassing me, I used the site but I was not involved in it. I spent the last summer busy with a field research (plant science) internship and working on art. I go to a school with the quarter system, I have no time for anything so accusing me makes no sense.

CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:43:17 PM

Sorry Christian I've had to put you on ignore to avoid any contact with you going forward, not sure what you said this time.  Grin

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 05:16:28 PM

Lol, this is so scam  Cheesy

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 09:50:40 PM

Wow, so trolling is a misdemeanor? What happened with freedom of speech?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 12:50:39 AM

Christian Verdun advised me that the site is not his as I misunderstood rambling explanation.

Does his own brother have trouble understanding him?

zer0

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 12:52:15 AM

trollcrime lol

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 12:58:44 AM

Never mind.  If Coin Hunter's worried about internet lawyers, he can always retain SomethingAwful's favourite counsel (god knows SA gets enough threats from internet lawyers, and even the occasional real one).

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/crabs/

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 01:33:45 AM

trollcrime lol

I'm sure we all have one of these in our closets:

Trolling is a misdemeanor, and freedom of speech is a misnomer.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 02:11:38 AM

Federal rap happy campers:

The crime of wire fraud is codified at 18 U.S.C. § 1343, and reads as follows:

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

But if you want to take your chances with California as the venue, perhaps a quick scan of the following sections is also in order:

With respect to actions taken involving financial instruments and agencies of transaction-

California Penal Code Sections 186.9 - 186.10

With respect to actions taken involving mining and the value of the product of mining-

California Penal Code Section 487d

NB- this is the State that had 49er's and mining as their economic mainstay long before football was invented, they take people screwing around with "mining" in any form very seriously indeed. Thou shalt not fuck with another man's mine, his mining equipment or tools.

With respect to larceny or embezzlement of articles of value and negotiable instruments-

California Penal Code Section 501

With respect to computer or internet based crimes-

California Penal Code Section 502

NB- oops, you picked a venue that actually knows a thing or two about hacking, jacking and wire fraud. They actually have more laws about computer crime in print than they do for prostitution, imagine that!

I'll save everyone the eyeball bandwidth repeating those sections here in toto, but whoever did this is looking at multiple felony counts, and at least $250,000 in fines per count. And every criminal diversion above $250 is a felony count for the fine. Hmm, $20,000 divided into $250 counts equals 80 felony counts, which at a cool quarter mil a pop will have you clipping coupons in the Grey Bar Hotel at San Quentin for probably the rest of your adult lifetime.
zer0

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 02:41:28 AM

Following up to my last post. Christian Verdun lurked in irc as 'upisdown' in #bitcoin-otc. His OTC rating is here.

awesome rating 'took BTC and ran'
whoever ran moonco.in did it out of their home thru http://www.netdorm.com/

don't know why anybody trusted that site.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 02:52:49 AM

I'll save everyone the eyeball bandwidth repeating those sections here in toto, but whoever did this is looking at multiple felony counts, and at least $250,000 in fines per count. And every criminal diversion above $250 is a felony count for the fine. Hmm, $20,000 divided into $250 counts equals 80 felony counts, which at a cool quarter mil a pop will have you clipping coupons in the Grey Bar Hotel at San Quentin for probably the rest of your adult lifetime.

How often people even charged much less found guilty of every instance of the offence they've committed in these cases and how often is the maximum possible penalty applied against every instance, though?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 04:42:17 AM

How often people even charged much less found guilty of every instance of the offence they've committed in these cases and how often is the maximum possible penalty applied against every instance, though?

I once copied a VCR tape and gave it to a friend for his friends to view. Luckily I wasn't caught like SO MANY OTHERS who are probable still sitting in prison. Tomorrow, I'm going to press my luck and copy a song off the internet and play it in my truck with the windows open.

BRB!

I'm back. The lights went out so I took a $1.00 bill out of my wallet and lit with a match to use as a light to see where I have going. It worked so well, I did it again.

I also once put a quarter on the rail tracks to have a train flatten it.

I'm such a rebel!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 05:24:29 AM

Somebody help me with an issue I'm having!

I can't understand how somebody who wrote as their first post,...

Well, since this is the place to post those abhorrent, "golly, I'm new and I have to post enough rubbish to actually be able to sit down with the big kids and talk for real" posts, here is my first. And like so many others utterly devoid of worthwhile content. Of course, in about 3.71 hours I will be full of great content, but until then, ticket punched, number one.

...posted 7 times in the newbie section (had to pen at least 4 or 5 posts, plus community service of 4-5 hours), once on Alternate Cryptocurrencies, and the last 4 posts on this thread.

...I will be full of great content...

I read well written content, but the timing of joining this board and opting where to post after serving Newbie time--and a 23 day vacation--has me puzzled.

Please set me straight with your comments.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 05:48:22 PM

Please set me straight with your comments.

Golly, I was noticed by a Genuine Hero Member!

Why pick this thread? No particular reason. I happened upon it looking for a support thread on an alternate currency, read it and felt inspired to remark.

Why the 23 day vacation (and don't I wish it had actually BEEN a vacation!)? As above, no particular reason, I was mostly on a laptop in the intervening time, and didn't have my login on it, and with real world business responsibilities, just didn't take the time. As to great content... well, just like my ex-wife, judgement is best reserved for the eyes of the beholder, I write, you decide. But like like any self-respecting knee-jerk reactionary out there I will rise to the rhetorical bait when offered the opportunity. Want to paint me with shades of mr.moon colors? I have to offer a cogent response. Perhaps even one that that will stand up to the scrutiny of the Gee Whiz Super Dooper Secret Investigator Club that is able to find all 11 posts by a given nick and leap to conclusions therefrom.

Did I miss a requirement in the newbie training that says we aren't supposed to have opinions about tacky behavior, like stealing and abusing trust? I was so busy picking up trash along the expressway for my Community Service time, I might have fallen asleep in the back of the lecture.

Special Bonus Hint: For all you forensic didactic diagnosticians out there, take careful note of my use of the word "expressway". Your Regional Colloquialisms Handbook will indicate that my reference to an inter-urban paved transport path as such, will give a clear indication as to my linguistic roots, and support that whole IP resolution thing. Had I been from California, I would have called it a "freeway". Wicked clever Machiavellian thought right there, for damn sure.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 07:54:37 PM

I would like to remind everyone of California Law

"California Penal Code Section 653m

Any further messages, emails, etc that are sent to me (or any family members, etc) about this will be forwarded directly to the police after I do a quick google/lexis nexus search and find out more about you. I will also contact your local police.

This is not a warning. In our country you cannot harass someone based on the assumption they did a crime - if you have evidence take it to the authorities.

Anyone has the right to contact you to collect the debts that you owe to them. In fact, it is a prerequisite for lawsuits to first contact you for payment.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 09:27:37 PM

I would like to remind everyone of California Law

"California Penal Code Section 653m

Any further messages, emails, etc that are sent to me (or any family members, etc) about this will be forwarded directly to the police after I do a quick google/lexis nexus search and find out more about you. I will also contact your local police.

This is not a warning. In our country you cannot harass someone based on the assumption they did a crime - if you have evidence take it to the authorities.

Three things to think about here... first off, the citation that you make covers only those communications made for purposes of harassment. No judge in the world, not even California, will permit anybody to hide behind that from those who are pursuing a legitimate obligation to them by someone who has been identified as the person behind a fraud. Can't use legalese to shelter criminal activity. Sorry.

Secondly, it is interesting that you would state that you would do a "quick google/lexis nexus search and find out more about you." I assume you meant a LexisNexis search, the access to which is a very closely controlled system, and misuse of it for purposes other than the narrowly defined parameters established by law, most specifically the FFCRA would land you solidly into stalker land. And that, dear readers, will most certainly get the UC Davis police, your local police; and going across state lines, even the FBI involved. Interstate electronic stalking IS understood by every law enforcement official in the country, and they have established procedures to deal with it. You want to find yourself treated like the perps on To Catch a Predator, you just go right ahead and abuse LexisNexis to "find out more about people", or better yet, have your brother the lawyer do it. Can you say disbarment? Can you say sanctions? Can you say what a crappy Thanksgiving it will be at your house with the two of you under indictment for really stupid behavior?

And third, consider if you will those self same California Codes in respect to a citizen's right to protect themselves, their family and their property. Up to and including the right to reasonable forcible restraint of a suspect in a crime. Hell, the law specifically protects an intended victim when he takes action to prevent criminal action against himself, and requires law enforcement officers to assist in the apprehension and prosecution of the criminal thus apprehended.

Come clean, do your proper mea culpas and return the ill-gotten fruits of your theft to the rightful owners, or start helping find your real mr.moon. Hey, somebody might even believe you one day... it worked for OJ.
zer0

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 10:49:32 PM

Ok, so why doesnt Big brother shut down websites he doesnt like in Iran, N Korea, etc?   What is the antidote or preventative measure to avoid the US gov. shutting down any btc accepting site?

All you need to do is register your domain offshore so ICE can't take it. No GoDaddy or other popular US domain registrars. Servers should also be far away from US MLAT treaty.. failing that any Euro country or host that respects privacy and resists simple takedown orders like prq.se

Liberty Reserve exchangers and other e-gold type IBCs that have been around for 20+yrs all know never to host anything financial related in the US unless you want everything eventually seized. Especially if you're promoting online gambling like mooncoin guy was doing.. recipe for disaster

Looks like this guy was scamming anyways and ICE wasn't remotely involved
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 12:28:42 AM

I'm wondering if CV's brother was a wrestler.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 12:10:33 AM

I'm wondering if CV's brother was a wrestler.

He was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_Suicide

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: