Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: News: Bitcoin won't be Global Currency  (Read 1034 times)
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

I got caught up in this news last 6 hours ago, most of us participants are hoping that Bitcoin will someday become a Global Currency, why is that?

Any thoughts or opinions about this?

where is the link of the news ?
I heard weeks ago , CEO of twitter Jack Dorsey said that bitcoin will be a global currency in 5 years.
here is the link, https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/21/17147574/twitter-ceo-bitcoin-jack-dorsey-square-interview-currency-10-years
which one is true, let see in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:01:31 PM

I got caught up in this news last 6 hours ago, most of us participants are hoping that Bitcoin will someday become a Global Currency, why is that?

It's not a news. It is just an idea. It's just a opinion which has been given by Ripple CEO. There are many people give their opinions every day. Many people predict the future.
Tomorrow you might hear that bitcoin will be global and the price will reach 1 million dollar.
Olano

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:17:57 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will ever become a world currency. Most likely there will be a new convenient and simple crypto currency, which will replace bitcoin. Bitcoin has long been obsolete. He is popular only because he appeared first. By the way, Ripple could replace bitcoin in the future.
mahimonliner

Activity: 350

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 06:22:42 PM

So many things to be done for establishing as global currency and it wount happen so early.
first blockchain technology needs to be established then there will be chance for bitcoin to establish as a global currency.

eduvacation.net

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

Nice Trip With Us

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

The reason that complicates bitcoin into global currency is a regulation. besides that, the pure bitcoin price movement is determined by the holder so no one can control the bitcoin. Two things that make the parties related to the global economy always reject the bitcoin to be a global currency. But it is also beneficial for bitcoin holders because they are free to do anything with their money in bitcoin form.

❍ Treon ❍
▐ Utilities payments made  simple ▌
███ Telecom, Electricity, Gas and Water  ████
mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:26:35 PM

Bitcoin don't have to be officially recognized as global currency, as long as people use it worldwide already it makes bitcoin a worldwide currency.
I doubt that bitcoin will be adopted by every country worldwide, but this still doesn't mean that people can not pay with bitcoin worldwide.
So, to be exact, bitcoin - is a worldwide currency, but not used that much nowadays.
pictsidhe

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:36:50 PM

Bitcoin already globally digital currency. It is not the global currency like USD, And I am pretty sure that will not happen. But most of the people who involved in online earning, they know about bitcoin, So bitcoin is the worldwide digital currency. Like I am from Vietnam and You are from Indonesia, We both know about crypto. Suppose I am in your country and then I buy some goods and give you some BTC or eth, You will accept that. Isn't it? By this means bitcoin is the global currency to me.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:55:48 PM

Bitcoin along with some altcoins are enjoying the title of being a global currency.

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Monero and Zcash are already being used for payments
for goods and services. Ok the likes of Dash, Monero and Zcash are used more
in the dark web but Bitcoin is global and becoming more and more adopted to
make it even more global because it is a universal currency.

Some interesting links

https://www.lifewire.com/big-sites-that-accept-bitcoin-payments-3485965

https://news.bitcoin.com/prague-subway-system-now-has-ten-new-bitcoin-atms/

For those who think Bitcoin or other decentralised crypto is going to be adopted
by all countries around the world thus making it global, I cannot see it happening,
at least my brain cannot work out how it would be possible, everything in world
finance would have to change IMO and governments would have to surrender all
control of their finances.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Bairbe

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:15:25 PM

The entrance to the bitcoin scene of the first state is likely to provoke a wave of adding cryptocurrency to its reserves by all the others. Countries that will be the first to adopt bitcoin will get the most benefit if the coin eventually becomes a global reserve currency. Unfortunately, it's likely to be the States with the strongest Executive powers — dictatorships like North Korea — and they'll be the fastest at accumulating bitcoins.
The big irony is that the US is currently one of the countries most open to its regulation on bitcoin, while China and Russia are the most hostile. The US risks significantly weakening its geopolitical position if bitcoin displaces the dollar as a global reserve currency. Back in the 1960s, Charles de Gaulle criticized the "exorbitant privileges" enjoyed by the United States thanks to the Bretton Woods agreement of 1944.
TommyAMD

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:16:40 PM

While of course bitcoin will not become a world currency, if only because many governments have banned it or until only see it as a currency. But the prospects are good in my opinion.
Doterti

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:32:11 PM

While of course bitcoin will not become a world currency, if only because many governments have banned it or until only see it as a currency. But the prospects are good in my opinion.

Based on of what I've read that It will be possible still be a global currency because we need just to endorse the value of bitcoin and with that they will see soon the importance of the bitcoin in the global currency and right now we should debate more about the good outcome of bitcoin in the currency and to avoid bad results of investing or making the bitcoin be part of the global currency.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:39:28 PM

In my opinion, it’s unlikely to become a global currency. Think about it –on the internet, these virtual currencies perform most effectively within its country's borders. The real world economy is too complex and dynamic for bitcoin to function as a global currency. And how can we have a universal currency when there are countries banning bitcoin?

fahim-uddin

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:45:01 PM

right
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:57:37 PM

Bitcoin originally created to become world wide currency, where you can spend bitcoin every where, imagine a transaction with single global currency, it will make the transaction between countries become really easy, it will create new business everywhere and for travelers it will be really easy to go abroad without need to exchange money
sabrikks

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 11:02:53 PM

I don't know what do you mean exactly because bitcoin is already a global currency, it's already traded and accepted worldwide, maybe you mean mass-adopted because there is a lot of issue and obstacle for mass adoption.

PAKYU

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:29:15 PM

everythink will be global someday. maybe legal ways maybe not but definitely global. deepweb isn't legal but i think global.
bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:49:44 PM

For your information,bitcoin is the global currency up to now.The people from various country inverse their money in bitcoin and use it as a global asset too.If the currency used in many countries in this world.It will be act as a global currency.We know up to now bitcoin is used as a currency in different countries,in which they are legal one.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:58:22 PM

In my opinion, the potential of bitcoin to replaced fiat was always there. But due to the opposition of different groups, bankings, businessmen and even the government, the dream of crypto revolution maybe not gonna happen. Those factors greatly affect the future of btc, I think if all nations decided to embrace blockchain technology then there's no problem such this (regarding your question).
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:18:34 AM

OP, you are mistaking your point with something else; your definition and understanding of the term 'globally' is confusing. Bitcoin have indirectly become a global currency because almost everyone who knows about it, have been making use of it to make payments for goods and also pay for services. But one thing that you must understand clearly, is that, bitcoin can not be the ONLY currency been used by all the countries.
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:35:57 AM

I think it is possible that Bitcoin gets global currency or at least a very accepted currecy for online transactions.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: