Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:27:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALIAS (prev. XSPEC) | Anonymous | PoSv3 & PoAS | Tor | Ring Signatures  (Read 36034 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LuckySpectrecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:42:48 PM

Rkh in the Russian forum wrote this: «for correct operation of Ring Signatures - certain conditions and actions are required, some of which are cardinal, and some are modifications.»
 What did he mean? Ring signatures do not work automatically? What certain conditions did he have in mind?
wait answer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
     TOR+OBFS4 ● Ghost ProtocolAvailable on Bisq.io    

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 05:18:52 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:54:08 PM by Bitman86

Rkh in the Russian forum wrote this: «for correct operation of Ring Signatures - certain conditions and actions are required, some of which are cardinal, and some are modifications.»
 What did he mean? Ring signatures do not work automatically? What certain conditions did he have in mind?
wait answer

Yes, now ring signatures work well and automatically, what is talked about is to further improve its operation, (optimize)
I think one of the news bulletins said something about this, I do not remember which one,
surely @Mandica when have time, she can answer better.
You can also reread this article: https://news.spectreproject.io/anonymous-transactions/

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:32:19 PM

wait answer

Yes, now ring signatures work well and automatically, what is talked about is to further improve its operation, (optimize)
I think one of the news bulletins said something about this, I do not remember which one,
You can also reread this article: https://news.spectreproject.io/anonymous-transactions/

yes, Leo, I know this information about which you are talking. I have a question about other information that RKH speaks about. He wrote that in order for ring signatures to work, certain conditions and actions are necessary. What does it mean?

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 10:09:04 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:55:09 PM by Bitman86

wait answer

yes, Leo, I know this information about which you are talking. I have a question about other information that RKH speaks about. He wrote that in order for ring signatures to work, certain conditions and actions are necessary. What does it mean?

Well yes, all things have limits, and there is a trivial condition now, is that you can not send more than what the stealth network contains,
and as the whole project is quite new, there are still few people doing stealth transactions, and as consequence there is a relatively low maximum value,
which you can send optimally. But this can improve quickly with version 3.0

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:35:01 AM

wait answer

Well yes, all things have limits, and there is a trivial condition now, is that you can not send more than what the stealth network contains,
and as the whole project is quite new, there are still few people doing stealth transactions, and as consequence there is a relatively low maximum value,

Your words do not help answer my question.
If you do not know the answer to my question, then do not write

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 04:42:17 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:55:42 PM by Bitman86

wait answer

It is important to read the full paragraph to understand the answer I gave you.
RKh in the Russian thread said this:

"Ring Signatures and Stealth Addresses were from the beginning,
however, for correct operation of Ring Signatures - certain conditions and actions are required, some of which are cardinal, and some - modifications"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2172845.msg42968955#msg42968955

But you seem not to read the first thing RKh says.
That means that you are, the one who does not understand what RKh says and that is why you do not understand the answer that I gave you.
( You take the sentence out of the corresponding context )

From my two answers you can understand that at the beginning, it did not work well,
due to lack of tokens SPECTRE in sufficient quantity, but in the present it is different and works well.

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:02:33 PM

wait answer

It is important to read the full paragraph to understand the answer I gave you.
RKh in the Russian thread said this:

"Ring Signatures and Stealth Addresses were from the beginning,
however, for correct operation of Ring Signatures - certain conditions and actions are required, some of which are cardinal, and some - modifications"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2172845.msg42968955#msg42968955

But you seem not to read the first thing RKh says.
That means that you are, the one who does not understand what RKh says and that is why you do not understand the answer that I gave you.
( You take the sentence out of the corresponding context )

From my two answers you can understand that at the beginning, it did not work well,
due to lack of tokens SPECTRE in sufficient quantity, but in the present it is different and works well.

if for correct operation of ring signatures there is only one condition and this condition is some certain number of coins in the network and that's all.
    That could be so and write, and not lie, that need to do cardinal actions and make some modifications to the conditions and actions.
    Everything works in automatic mode.
  Do you know what percentage or number of coins in the network is needed for the correct operation of ring signatures?

Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:07:27 AM

if for correct operation of ring signatures there is only one condition and this condition is some certain number of coins in the network and that's all.
    That could be so and write, and not lie, that need to do cardinal actions and make some modifications to the conditions and actions.
  Do you know what percentage or number of coins in the network is needed for the correct operation of ring signatures?

Hi LuckySpectrecoin, I talked with RKh about what he meant in the post quoted by you. The answer to your question is contained in this article that Bitman86 gave to you: https://news.spectreproject.io/anonymous-transactions/

There are certain conditions for ring signatures to work, as the ring signature size is limited by the number of SPECTRE tokens on the network for the required token sizes. All of this is explained in the article. If there are not enough SPECTRE tokens, you might be forced to switch to a lower ring size, which reduces anonymity. Still a ring size of 8 (half of the default which is 16) will ensure sufficient anonymity and is usually possible with all transaction sizes below 10,000 SPECTRE.

What will be modified is removing the token sizes above 10,000 as the anonymity set would be too small, as well as the introduction of Stealth Staking which will hopefully help to increase the number of SPECTRE tokens, so that the full ring size of 16 will be available in all cases.

Hope that helps Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 09:18:08 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:57:02 PM by Bitman86

RKh said the truth, a minimum amount is necessary in the network and there were also modifications in the shipping conditions.
It is well explained in this quote of Mandica:
"Some Guidelines for Balance Transfers
The SPECTRE creating / splitting algorithm currently creates SPECTRE denominations from 50,000 SPECTRE down to 0.00000001 SPECTRE.
We will remove the largest denominations in the next version of the wallet, so 50,000 SPECTRE, 40,000 SPECTRE and 30,000 SPECTRE will no longer be created.
The largest denomination will be 10,000 SPECTRE.
There are no issues with sending larger amounts as the algorithm will combine inputs to make up the amount you wish to send as long as your balance covers it.
The reason we are doing this is to be able to set a minimum ring size of 8 and later increase the minimum ring size to 16 and as there are too few very large inputs
so coins might get stuck and it serves not real purpose.
So follow these basic guidelines for balance transfers into SPECTRE:
1.  Do not create more than 10,000 SPECTRE in any one ‘Balance Transfer‘ transaction until we can change the algorithms responsible for creating SPECTRE.
     If you want to create more than 10,000 SPECTRE, then do it in several transactions.
2.  If you get an error message about ring size, make sure ring size is set to 8 as all the denominations will support a ring size of 8 at the moment. Check ‘Chain Data‘.
3.  As long as you have not created any SPECTRE inputs larger than 10,000 SPECTRE you should be able to send any amount (if your PRIVATE balance covers it + fee)
    of SPECTRE with a minimum ring size of 8.
4.  Inputs used in a ring signature must have at least 10 confirmations."
----------
I do not know the exact percentage, but in a conservative way I relate it to the amount that I will send,
for example I can suppose that if there is ten times more in the network than the amount to send, then it will work well.
- at least with ring size = 8 -

Investhunter

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:24:57 AM

Great to see ShadowCash is still alive

Hope it will take its deserved place among mainstream players
Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 10:07:47 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:58:01 PM by Bitman86

Well it's not exactly like that, this is a new blockchain, and it also has a new project vision.

Also this blockchain started without the errors of ShadowCash.

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:08:43 AM

reply is accepted. These are truly cardinal conditions and actions that we must all observe and do.

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:13:53 AM

Well it's not exactly like that, this is a new blockchain, and it also has a new project vision.

what shadowCash errors have been fixed?

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 10:46:59 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:58:28 PM by Bitman86

1.- https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/issues/25

2.- Spectrecoin in its project vision is not interested in creating a market for its currency, the market exists "per se",
Spectrecoin focuses on making a very good currency of privacy.

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:55:54 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 10:31:40 PM by LuckySpectrecoin

2.- Spectrecoin in its project vision is not interested in creating a market for its currency, the market exists "per se",
   You're a liar Bitman86. The error on which you gave the link. Spectrecoin did not fix this error.
   The deanonymization issue has been fixed
   And has been fixed on Shadowcash since ages too, Spectrecoin didnt have to fix it themselves.  Spectrecoin forked  Shadowcash AFTER it was fixed

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 03:15:57 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:59:00 PM by Bitman86

You're a liar Bitman86. The error on which you gave the link. Spectrecoin did not fix this error.
   And has been fixed on Shadowcash since ages too, Spectrecoin didnt have to fix it themselves.  Spectrecoin forked  Shadowcash AFTER it was fixed

It was already shown that RKh told the truth, but you say he lies and then you do not apologize to him.
Now again, with your accusations of lying, well it's simple, you add to your question things that the question does not say.

I answered the question well, the error of ShadowCash was fixed, it was overcome, it no longer exists more.

You must apologize to RKh and me too, because we both tell you the truth.

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:31:21 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 03:46:26 AM by LuckySpectrecoin

And has been fixed on Shadowcash since ages too, Spectrecoin didnt have to fix it themselves.  Spectrecoin forked  Shadowcash AFTER it was fixed

It was already shown that RKh told the truth, but you say he lies and then you do not apologize to him.
Now again, with your accusations of lying, well it's simple, you add to your question things that the question does not say.

I answered the question well, the error of ShadowCash was fixed, it was overcome, it no longer exists more.

You must apologize to RKh and me too, because we both tell you the truth.

I repeat once again that this error was fixed before the creation of the Spectrecoin project and Spectrecoin did not correct this error.
  You want to assign yourself (Spectrecoin project) the work of other developers

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 04:26:22 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 03:59:29 PM by Bitman86

MANDATORY update to Spectre v2.0.4
https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/v2.0.4

This is a major release and a MANDATORY update to the Spectre software! This update involves consensus changes and you MUST update your wallet software before: 21/08/2018 (21th August 2018) @ 2200 hours (GMT)

If you do not update your wallet software you will no longer be able to connect to the Spectre network and you will no longer be able to conduct transactions on the network and you will no longer be able to deposit or withdraw your funds (XSPEC) from the exchanges. New binaries for Mac and Linux will be released shortly and further information about the update will be in the next newsletter. There should be plenty of time to update your wallet and sort our any issues.

In the last days there was a lot of work in the devs team and as a result we already have a new version, to continue with the change of consensus, it is Version 2.0.5 :

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases

Beachguy2

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

Spectrecoin Community Manager,prev acct hacked

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:39:06 PM

XSPEC Development team surprised us all. I hope they will continue with privacy development. They proved they can do a lot. I read the ICO was not so successful for them. Do they have any dev fund for future development?

The funding is exactly what version 2 of the wallet is about! It will ensure a steady stream of funding going to Mandica to ensure ongoing development. For more information, see here: https://news.spectreproject.io/stealth-staking/

Until now, Mandica has paid the developers mostly from her own pocket afaik. She is extremely dedicated to the project.

Very happy you see it this way.... Wink
XSPEC-team (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 50

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 01:29:50 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 04:27:07 PM by XSPEC-team

!!!IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!
We are closing the Bitcointalk threads (locking the thread). I / we do not have time to monitor and answer questions on too many forums. We currently have active forums /  communities on Discord, Telegram and Reddit. We are simply locking this as there isn't time. We are more than happy to discuss any issues around Spectrecoin on the other forums. We prefer Discord as both me (@mandica) and most of the team are online daily and we have channels for support and general chatter and we will answer questions. All the relevant links are the bottom of this post. We will update the [ANN] with up to date information so we can be found.

SPECTRECOIN V2 (v2.0.5)
Spectrecoin v2 is a major release and a MANDATORY update! This update involves consensus changes (details below) and you MUST update your wallet software before: 21/08/2018 (21th August 2018) @ 2200 hours (GMT)
If you do not update your wallet software you will no longer be able to connect to the Spectrecoin network and you will no longer be able to conduct transactions on the network and you will no longer be able to deposit or withdraw your funds (XSPEC) from the exchanges.

By downloading and using this software, you agree that 1/6 of the staking rewards (1 in 6 blocks from the Spectrecoin blockchain) are contributed to a development fund. The development fund aims to support the long term development and value of Spectrecoin. The fund is managed by the Spectrecoin core team.

If you do not update your wallet software you will no longer be able to connect to the Spectrecoin network and you will no longer be able to conduct transactions on the network and you will no longer be able to deposit or withdraw your funds (XSPEC) from the exchanges.

Development Contribution Blocks (DCB)
After 21/08/2018 @ 2200 hours (GMT) one in six (1 in 6) block rewards will be designated DCBs and will be sent to the Spectrecoin team development fund wallet. This fund will ensure a future for Spectrecoin and will enable us to pay for certain services and to hire contractors and to pay Spectrecoin core team members in XSPEC to enable them to work full time on the project. We have some long term projects and concepts to implement such as a new proof-of-stake algorithm we call Proof-of-Stealth to enable so called "stealth staking". These developments depend on a source of steady funding. We believe this will give us the opportunity to produce better software and will create value for investors. We currently have some very skilled developers working for us and we want to keep it that way.

Replay Protection
We have implemented a check for DCBs and we have implemented a replay protection mechanism. This means that after 21/08/2018 @ 2200 hours (GMT) any wallets not updated will not be able to create transactions on the Spectrecoin V2 network.

INFORMATION
GitHub: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre
Block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/
Coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spectrecoin/
NEWS-letter: https://news.spectreproject.io/

SOCIAL / CHAT
Discord: https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m
Twitter (official): https://twitter.com/SpectreCash
Twitter (official): https://twitter.com/XspecRising
Twitter (community): https://twitter.com/SpectreCoin
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/
Telegram: https://t.me/spectrecoin
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spectrecoin/

DEVELOPERS
If you are a developer and want to contribute to the XSPEC code
https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/issues

EXCHANGES
Cryptopia: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XSPEC_BTC
Livecoin: https://www.livecoin.net/en/trade/index?currencyPair=XSPEC%2FBTC
Trade Satoshi: https://tradesatoshi.com/Exchange/?market=XSPEC_BTC
NovaExchange: https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XSPEC/

DECENTRALISED EXCHANGES
Bisq: https://bisq.network/

Media
https://briandcolwell.com/2018/08/spectrecoin-privacy-tech-innovation/.html
https://www.coindesk.com/stealth-staking-privacy-coin-plan-mask-proof-of-stake/
https://cryptorecorder.com/2018/07/30/investor-insight-why-you-must-hold-spectrecoin-xspec-and-namecoin-nmc/

SEE YOU ON DISCORD if you want to chat or have an opinion!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: