Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you done with Bitcoin?
Yes - 23 (20%)
No - 92 (80%)
Total Voters: 113

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] I'm Done!: Animal House 2  (Read 19071 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 03:03:46 AM

No good Christian would inform you with such ulterior motives.

"5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."

It's only about letting you know I care.

How is you announcing publicly that you are praying for me, someone you don't really know, understand, or even know what kind of sins I may be involved in, supposed to be NOT you being a hypocrite, praying in the corner of [forums] that you may be seen? Are you not able to understand that you letting me know you care for me would make no difference to me, since 1) I don't know you, and 2) I don't think there is anything wrong about me for you to care about? Switch roles for a moment. Do you consider it as me being concerned about and caring about you if I tell you that I think your parents and church have psychologically abused you, and hope you will be able to overcome the religious harm done to you? If not, why do you suppose that I will take your actions to mean that you "care" about me, instead of them being just misguided pity with a touch of hubris and self-righteousness? And if you do understand that I likely will not "understand" your care, then why announce it to everyone, instead of privately hope for my salvation, unless you were doing it for selfish and self-righteous reasons?
(sorry for the big words and bit of mind chess, but, as I said, human intentions are VERY easy to expand on, and twist afterwards. I would prefer to use shorter, simpler statements, but I feel I need more specific words to express myself, and in a way, this is a sign of my severe lack of writing skills, so please bear with me)

you are getting godtrolled so hard, sucker.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:08:37 AM

It's likely, though her statements seem genuine, and, worse, not original in the least (i.e. I've come across people saying those things before, and honestly believing them)
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:12:29 AM

No good Christian would inform you with such ulterior motives.

"5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."

It's only about letting you know I care.

How is you announcing publicly that you are praying for me, someone you don't really know, understand, or even know what kind of sins I may be involved in, supposed to be NOT you being a hypocrite, praying in the corner of [forums] that you may be seen?

Jesus did not say you can't pray outside, silly.  He didn't say you shouldn't try and help and teach others either.  The passage I quoted speaks to motives, you don't pray to prove how pious you are.  Prayer is not for glorifying yourself, it's for seeking spiritual enlightenment and hoping for good things for the people around us. 

I can see that you are very much in pain, your replies to me have made it quite clear you really do wish you could escape your perverted spiritual prison and live a life free of sin again.  It seems like you have had bad experiences with other people who have made you scared to give yourself over to God, but I know you will find when you look to God instead of other people you will only see love and caring.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 03:20:19 AM

PinkiePie

I get it.  It's okay.  It's just you and me talking, okay?

I know you're full of anger and pain and you have to troll.  It's okay to troll.

But you're doing it all wrong.  You're not pulling in the hook fast enough.  A chase is pointless without a catch.

And the religion schtick?  You're not even really doing it right.  You have your theology all messed up.  You're not even consistent.

Go with the pony role.  Or a religious pony.  But a pure religious troll, that's like the special olympics of trolling. And you're in 2nd place if anything (Rassah has you beat).

When you realize you need more help i'll try to help you but only

And I will pray for you too!  Cool

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:29:30 AM

My religious beliefs are entirely sincere, and as long as Rassah is willing to listen I'm willing to try and help him.  Grin  It took a lot of help to get me out of a very similar situation as he is in, so I know how much caring can mean to a person.

--
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:37:00 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 03:51:09 AM by Rassah

How is you announcing publicly that you are praying for me, someone you don't really know, understand, or even know what kind of sins I may be involved in, supposed to be NOT you being a hypocrite, praying in the corner of [forums] that you may be seen?

Jesus did not say you can't pray outside, silly.  He didn't say you shouldn't try and help and teach others either.  The passage I quoted speaks to motives, you don't pray to prove how pious you are.  Prayer is not for glorifying yourself, it's for seeking spiritual enlightenment and hoping for good things for the people around us.

But, by telling me and everyone else on this forum that you are praying for me, you are basically coming off as trying to show everyone how pious you are. And through your public display of care, you are hoping that everyone can see how good of a christian you are, and this trying to "glorify yourself."

I can see that you are very much in pain, your replies to me have made it quite clear you really do wish you could escape your perverted spiritual prison and live a life free of sin again.  It seems like you have had bad experiences with other people who have made you scared to give yourself over to God, but I know you will find when you look to God instead of other people you will only see love and caring.

I'm sorry if I have given you the wrong impression. I was in pain, yes, but that pain was caused not by my "perversion," but by my own attempts as trying to repress that "perversion" for the sake of god and others. More-so, the pain was caused by watching others trying to live lives true to themselves, and having their families and friends hurt them because they believed that those people themselves were perversions. It was the fear of god itself that was hurting me. A fear that I have long since gotten over, and no longer feel any pain about. My life has no pain (none related to these matters, anyway). I have a supporting family, friends, and a husband I have been happily monogamous with for over 11 years now (while most of my straight friends have broken up or divorced long before us).

Also, do you not realize that you are calling the innocent, non-sexual love and crushes felt by children "perversion?" As I said, I, and the others I knew, were very young at the time. Sex was the furthest thing from our minds. It was simply a crush, a love, an adoration, an infatuation. Something one felt for someone else, not by choice, but just because. Nothing more. And that, you, and others called sick, disgusting, ad perversion. Though I guess you being 17, you don't care, since you're still kind of a child yourself.

Do you know who Thor is? Do you know that there are many books written about him, and are many beliefs throughout history? Can you look to Thor in the same way you look to God? Can you understand that how you fee about Thor, not being able to force yourself to believe in him, is how I am able to "look to your God?" Or is the skill of empathy (putting yourself in other's shoes) not something you are good at?

Actually, this is getting a bit boring and melancholy, so lets liven it up a bit:
If the sin you are talking about is homosexuality, then, I hate to break it to you, but the bible, the original translation, says practically nothing bad about it, and actually has some good words about it (King David and Jonathan are implied to have a relationship, for instance, and David is portrayed as a stereotypical FLAMING prancing queen!). Before you go claiming that as an atheist I don't know anything about the bible or god's meaning, do keep in mind that I've first read the bible when I was about 5 (I liked the stories), and many times since then, and in more than one language no less.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:44:42 AM

I know you're full of anger and pain and you have to troll.  It's okay to troll.

But you're doing it all wrong.  You're not pulling in the hook fast enough.  A chase is pointless without a catch.
When you realize you need more help i'll try to help you but only

I admin, I find trolls amusing and entertaining. Though that, plus my apparent lack of shame, may make me not so fun for trolls to troll Sad

It took a lot of help to get me out of a very similar situation as he is in, so I know how much caring can mean to a person.

You do realize that for you to succeed would mean for me to throw away most of my friends, confuse and upset my family, turn away my 11 year relationship with a person I love, married (legally in DC), and made a home with, and throw away the emotionally comfortable place I have finally settled into after many years or grief and conflict? Whom do you love in your life that you would lose if you, while remaining Christian, changed your opinion on one aspect of that religion?
johnj

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 03:45:36 AM

My religious beliefs are entirely sincere, and as long as Rassah is willing to listen I'm willing to try and help him.  Grin  It took a lot of help to get me out of a very similar situation as he is in, so I know how much caring can mean to a person.

It's okay.  I understand.

I will still pray for you while you're in your time of need!

But what I don't understand is why you're obsessed with Rassah so much.  Stalking is a sin - even if you have a crush on his Anamorphic Avatar, you of all people should know better!

NF6X

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:47:10 AM

I can see that you are very much in pain, your replies to me have made it quite clear you really do wish you could escape your perverted spiritual prison and live a life free of sin again.

Hmm, I didn't get that at all from his comments. He seems quite comfortable with who he is to me. You seem very uncomfortable with who he is, but you also seem to be unable to try to see things from any perspective but your own. I get that in your worldview, he's a depraved and evil person. But can't you see that in his worldview, there's nothing at all wrong with who he is, how he feels, and what he does, and thus he's not writhing in turmoil over any of it? You don't need to share his beliefs if you do not wish to, but you would do yourself a service by at least trying to understand them. The first step is to try to understand that other people can actually believe different things than you do, with just as much conviction as you have in your own beliefs.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 03:52:24 AM

It's likely, though her statements seem genuine, and, worse, not original in the least (i.e. I've come across people saying those things before, and honestly believing them)

Genuine or not, you're still getting godtrolled. How do you think people begin to believe a load of bullshit like that in the first place? You are responding in seriousness to someone posting about religion. Whether they are just trolling or really think you are an abomination and will burn in hell, you're not gonna win.

PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:53:47 AM

But, by telling me and everyone else on this forum that you are praying for me, you are basically coming off as trying to show everyone how pious you are. And through your public display of care, you are hoping that everyone can see how good of a christian you are, and this trying to "glorify yourself."

God doesn't care how I come off, he cares about what is in my heart.

Actually, this is getting a bit boring and melancholy, so lets liven it up a bit:
If the sin you are talking about is homosexuality, then, I hate to break it to you, but the bible, the original translation, says practically nothing bad about it, and actually has some good words about it (King David and Jonathan are implied to have a relationship, for instance, and David is portrayed as a stereotypical FLAMING prancing queen!). Before you go claiming that as an atheist I don't know anything about the bible or god's meaning, do keep in mind that I've first read the bible when I was about 5 (I liked the stories), and many times since then, and in more than one language no less.

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

--
johnj

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 03:54:11 AM

Genuine or not, you're still getting godtrolled. How do you think people begin to believe a load of bullshit like that in the first place? You are responding in seriousness to someone posting about religion. Whether they are just trolling or really think you are an abomination and will burn in hell, you're not gonna win.

+1

I mean, I was tryin to draw some of it away, but you'd think after 9 pages....  Roll Eyes

NF6X

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:58:22 AM

Yeah, it's kind of like trying to teach a cat to fold blankets. It doesn't work, and it annoys the cat.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:59:30 AM

People believe far worse than she does. As for winning, that's not my goal here. In these cases, the journey and learning that comes along with it is far more fun Smiley (yes, I find this discussion entertaining)
logansryche

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:27:07 AM

Wow talk about the religious shift Tongue
*passes bag of popcorn and soda around the room* anyone want some? Got plenty to share.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 04:30:44 AM

Wow talk about the religious shift Tongue
*passes bag of popcorn and soda around the room* anyone want some? Got plenty to share.

Extra salt and butter for me, Matthew. Hope you've been doing OK, bud.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:31:49 AM

hey guys, did you know that jesus rode dinosaurs?

ok not really.... jesus wasnt real.

dinosaurs are still pretty kick ass though.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 04:35:31 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 04:47:07 AM by Rassah

God doesn't care how I come off, he cares about what is in my heart.

That is from someone whom EVERYONE tells doesn't know the meaning of the word "tact," what is in your heart, and how others perceive you, do not match up. If you do not care enough that your words and actions portray more spitefulness and piety than care, and will very likely be seen as hurtful to others (and we all know god doesn't want us to hurt others), that's your prerogative.

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

And way to start off with some bearing of false witness.
Here's the actual quote:
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Corinthians 6:9-10
It does not say "sexually immoral" (though I'll grant you, I'm more effeminate than most), and it doesn't say "men who have sex with men." This will obviously fall on deaf ears, but "effeminate" in the original language, translated into modern vernacular, means "whiny pussies too wimpy to stand up for themselves, or fight in the army and defend their country."
As for the "abusers of themselves with mankind," the original term "arsenokoitai" has, sadly, lost its exact meaning to history. The best approximation we have of the word, based on its other uses in the bible, is male prostitutes, or boys who give themselves up to sugar daddies (look that one up if you have to). They are condemned for taking their bodies and minds, and giving them up to others to use and abuse. Also, you're a girl. Where does any of this condemn lesbians?

Here's a pro-gay one back to you.
"...Jonathan became one in spirit with David and he loved him as himself." - Samuel 18:1
"And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt." - Samuel 18:3-4 (Smexy Jonathan striptease!?)
"After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with his face to the ground. Then they kissed each other and wept together - but David wept the most." - Samuel 20:41 (The couple crying over their parents forcing hem to break up)
"I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women." - Samuel 1:26
"And David was forsaken by God, and went to hell for being a homo" - Nah, I made this one up.

Tell me how David is not a total homo here? Fact is, if it was't for the whole "BURN THE GAYS" of the last 1000 years or so, the story of David and Jonathan would likely have rivaled Romeo and Juliet as a romantic gay tragedy.

If still not convinced, here's the flaming gay part:
"And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod." - 2 Sauel 6:14 (an ephod is basically an apron, covering only the front)
"And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart." - 2 Samuel 6:16
"Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel today, who uncovered himself today in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!
And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD.   
I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.
Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death." - 2 Samuel 6:20 - 6:23

tl;dr summary: David was dancing and prancing in celebration, wearing nothing but an apron, flashing his butt at everyone (ephod = assless chaps of BC era?). His wife, seeing him dancing all almost-naked, was pissed and hated him for it (do remember that David originally loved Jonathan, and Michal, likely knowing this, no doubt always resented him for it). So, David told her off, and told her he'll never have sex with her, and didn't.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 04:36:14 AM

People believe far worse than she does. As for winning, that's not my goal here. In these cases, the journey and learning that comes along with it is far more fun Smiley (yes, I find this discussion entertaining)

Whoa now. If you aren't trying to win, you are automatically the loser. I won't defend that attitude.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 04:49:15 AM

As for winning, that's not my goal here. In these cases, the journey and learning that comes along with it is far more fun Smiley (yes, I find this discussion entertaining)

Whoa now. If you aren't trying to win, you are automatically the loser. I won't defend that attitude.

Ok, let me rephrase that. I am not trying, or, more precisely, expecting her to change her mind about this. But I do love the challenge and seeing the reactions (OMG, I think *I* might be the troll O.O)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: