Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you done with Bitcoin?
Yes - 23 (20%)
No - 92 (80%)
Total Voters: 113

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] I'm Done!: Animal House 2  (Read 19071 times)
NF6X

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 03:44:16 AM

Some people listen with their mouth instead of their ears.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PinkiePie

Activity: 70

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 03:44:21 AM

Still had to make some sort of overhead on em. The cards don't actually cost me anything, however a $20 gift card will cost you $22 because I don't see $20 of it. It goes to the card. Yes I just admitted that I don't actually keep a stock of cards here. If I did they'd be all depreciated as most companies start charging a small fee for not using them once a month.

I still don't get it.  In the other thread you said,

In fact, I know of a place off the top of my head that sells sport cards wholesale in huge lots for cheap.
Could I go that route? sure. Have I? Yeah, I have. Where do you think I got all the gift cards from.
Some of them were released to me to feel the market. Mainly the Hotel cards.

Are you saying that your wholesale prices for the cards are the same as the retail price?  (face?)

My local 7/11 has a wall of gift cards they sell at face value, are they taking a loss on that because they don't mark them up?  Is that like a loss leader or something to get people in to buy hot dogs or coffee?

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:44:38 AM

Going to start this again? Seriously?
After saying you had an idea for me? Not nice.
Oh, and you never replied to my question.

For someone who is down and out, you have sure spent a lot of hours jacking yourself off in this thread and the other. Perhaps that time would be better applied by filling out job applications, or perhaps acquiring more certificates. Bitches love certificates.
happycat85

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:45:04 AM

Are you troll-king of bitcoin or just retarded?

I was wondering the same thing...

Quote from: logansryche
I make jack squat as it is off cpu mining and that's not enough to live on
logansryche

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:47:22 AM

For someone who is down and out, you have sure spent a lot of hours jacking yourself off in this thread and the other. Perhaps that time would be better applied by filling out job applications, or perhaps acquiring more certificates. Bitches love certificates.

I have me a job if you haven't been paying attention. It's part time so the hours blow more then the current rate of bitcoins. Today I'm actually in a happy hyper mood, thanks for asking.

Quote from: PinkiePie
Are you saying that your wholesale prices for the cards are the same as the retail price?  (face?)
For the gift cards, yes. The games I have a bit of a leg to stand on and the trading cards came from my own personal collections so...
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 03:50:04 AM

For the gift cards, yes. The games I have a bit of a leg to stand on and the trading cards came from my own personal collections so...

Your own collections that you bought at retail prices from a comic shop, or that you got at wholesale?

--
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:50:33 AM

I have me a job if you haven't been paying attention. It's part time so the hours blow more then the current rate of bitcoins. Today I'm actually in a happy hyper mood, thanks for asking.

Yes, you are underemployed, hence, you should still be looking for a job. You sound like quite the lazy piece of shit. Are you morbidly obese, too?
logansryche

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:51:45 AM

Your own collections that you bought at retail prices from a comic shop, or that you got at wholesale?
The baseball collections came from collecting them since I was 12. The pokemon cards came from my mate and the yu-gi-oh cards came from my mate's brother. I tried to price them as accurate as I could with what little market info I had(thanks Ebay).
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:52:24 AM

The baseball collections came from collecting them since I was 12. The pokemon cards came from my mate and the yu-gi-oh cards came from my mate's brother. I tried to price them as accurate as I could with what little market info I had(thanks Ebay).

So your investment was fucking zero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goddamn, you are a douche.
FAtlas

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 03:53:42 AM

You should call your next site BitcoinGarageSale.com.

Or you could just sell your old shit on Ebay like a normal person.
logansryche

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:53:58 AM

Yes, you are underemployed, hence, you should still be looking for a job. You sound like quite the lazy piece of shit. Are you morbidly obese, too?

Well you have the pictures.. go judge for yourself.
I guess it all comes from not adjusting to a min wage part-time job when I'm use to a 80+ hour week $10.50/hr job.
logansryche

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:55:47 AM

Actually my investment was all those cards since there's at least 1200 of em. Yeah, add em all up at 99 cents a pack, then tack on what I dumped into the site. It's you that's the douche.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:56:06 AM

There really are people here that want to see BitCard thrive

There are also people here who think that the FBI and/or Freemasons have been working in conjunction with an Internet comedy forum to discredit Bitcoin.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
logansryche

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:57:56 AM

Or you could just sell your old shit on Ebay like a normal person.

Aww... but that's no fun, that's what bitcard and bidding pond are for.
You really like to pick my life apart don'tcha. Keep pickin, I'm here all night.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:58:52 AM

Well you have the pictures.. go judge for yourself.
I guess it all comes from not adjusting to a min wage part-time job when I'm use to a 80+ hour week $10.50/hr job.

I don't know what pictures you are talking about, but that's beside the point. I have been trolling up till now, but seriously...get your shit together. You can't blame the world for not pulling yourself up by your bootstraps. Everyone has ups and downs. This is fucking America. Try, try again. You will not see me give a motivational speech often, but goddamn, fella. Get outta that funk.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:59:25 AM

Actually my investment was all those cards since there's at least 1200 of em. Yeah, add em all up at 99 cents a pack, then tack on what I dumped into the site. It's you that's the douche.

So, your hobby didn't turn a profit and I am a douche because of it? Huh...
FAtlas

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 04:01:34 AM

Aww... but that's no fun, that's what bitcard and bidding pond are for.
You really like to pick my life apart don'tcha. Keep pickin, I'm here all night.

I'm just saying that when you're selling things, you want as many eyes on the merchandise as possible.  The larger the market, the more likely you'll be able to charge a decent price.  By creating a whole new site to sell random shit you have on hand, you're creating unnecessary overhead and severely reducing your client base at the same time, since building one sufficient enough takes time and, probably, significant advertising.

But I'm sure you already knew that since they teach it in day 2 of the walmart management certificate program.
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 04:03:41 AM

Okay.  So forget the gift cards, you can't compete on price if you are marking them up when other retail locations don't.  The trading cards should probably go on e-bay or direct to a sports memorabilia or card shop.  Research for the stuff you have that is valuable enough that you know it will sell and forget the rest.  You can't compete with dedicated retailers who buy at wholesale and less common cards have a million different people undercutting each other in the used market.

What kind of games are you selling?  It sounded like Warhammer type stuff?  You are again competing with established retailers.  Even a local comics shop that doesn't have a particular item will gladly be willing to special order it from a wholesaler, they do it all the time. 

You don't really have a business here, you have a garage sale at best.  I think your management courses may have focused a bit too much on managing employees and customers, the human relations type stuff, and not so much on the economics of running a business.  That's still a very valuable skill, you just need to know where to focus it correctly.  I probably have the exact opposite problem, I'm homeschooled and my dad is an Agronomist so he was great at teaching me about economics but I haven't had much experience socially to work with customers.  I think you should just keep your collection of cards and start looking for some management jobs at a small business so you can learn from someone with more experience at working with wholesalers and distributors.  Collectables like that have value beyond money, I would never sell off my collection of ponies.   Cheesy

--
logansryche

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 04:05:53 AM

So, your hobby didn't turn a profit and I am a douche because of it? Huh...
No you're a douche for thinking I didn't invest in anything. I'm sorry you don't like trading cards, that's not my fault. They cought my attention so I bought em. Plain and simple.

Quote from: RandyFolds
I don't know what pictures you are talking about, but that's beside the point. I have been trolling up till now, but seriously...get your shit together. You can't blame the world for not pulling yourself up by your bootstraps. Everyone has ups and downs. This is fucking America. Try, try again. You will not see me give a motivational speech often, but goddamn, fella. Get outta that funk.
There was a reason I locked my thread after a point. I made it up with some folks' help to stay in the game but I can't do it if assholes like FAtlas and you and half the other folks on this thread keep knockin. I see what the point was of this thread. You guys weren't done bashing me in my thread, so the op decided to post a "poll" and state that there was unfinished business that needed to be taken care of. Where? I don't see any unfinished business. All I see are a bunch of guys that don't have anything else better to do a 1am but continue to bash me over the site, how I run the site, and the gall to pick my life apart like it's the public livrary. I already apologised once. Hell, I apologised twice. You won't get a third one out of me before I start saying fuck off to people.
happycat85

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 04:07:30 AM

After saying you had an idea for me? Not nice.
Oh, and you never replied to my question.
I just wanted you to unlock your topic so I could respond to you. I took the time to register and get whitelisted for that sole purpose.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: