Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that the price is fully manipulated?  (Read 3022 times)
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:11:25 PM

I'm hesitant to know how. But if manipulated, within the first six months of 2018 will never grow. So it can not be called manipulative
Manipulation isn't  a way to totally control the entire market but could affect prices. Some crypto whales trying to catch newly crypto adopters which isn't have huge knowledge on crypto investment  and mentally they never know how trading fields work.  Isn't just of today's practices, manipulation is happen already since from the start but can't we feel it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:34:56 PM

It will take allot of money before they can manipulate the market. And i don't think that some people can do that. But there are so many people telling that somebody is manipulating the prices.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

most of the market is manipulated that's why we have something called technical analysis. it will show the sentiments and prediction of the market. without market manipulation, it will be useless. unless there is a pump and dump which manipulation that can not be predicted.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:31:03 PM

In my opinion the bitcoin price is changing naturally due to it's market forces the prices show a change and if the demand rise the price show a rise and some time the price is manipulated by the big suppliers and the large portion of bitcoin holders have bring a steady change in the prices so it happens.
I don't think it is just a natural way, price trend today is totally different from of previous years. Market trend is pretty hard to predict since last year due to wide market manipulation created by some groups of investors. They are using their money to create changes and made crypto into more volatile which could result into losing by newly adopters.
If the prices were changing naturally then there would be no big bump in the price last year. Normal means increase with the growth of market cap. When more and more people invest in bitcoin it means that the demand for bitcoin increased and now the price will also increase but the film was different and we saw that now the price will grow more but suddenly it collapsed to the knees.

You are right dude. However, we are actually talking about the manipulation of prices. And I don't think it is hundred percent being manipulated. I think those whales are the ones who manipulate the price of bitcoin. Only them have the capability to manipulate the price because they are holding large amount of bitcoin.
On the other hand, if they will not bring back the high price of bitcoin, the trust of people will continue to go down.
- Well in the past, price manipulation was a sure thing when the field just started, whales and big guys always work together to control price and make more money but over time, the appearance of other groups has entered into this domination, prevent the control and force the market to go in different directions. No longer fully manipulated, now each group may have split up where they can manipulate, sometimes they can fight each other to gain control

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
megacrypto

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:35:13 PM

The price of every coins is maniulated in some sence. Retain traders can move markets with low liquidity for a short period of time, but it's a market maker who orchestrates the pumps.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER
POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN                                         ● MEDIUMANN THREAD
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:45:14 PM

I think that it was really strange that in January when BTC went down all big cryptocurrency exchanges closed registration for new members and they opened it only when the price was low. Then at spring when the downtrend was broken(7000$) there were many news that cryptocurrency now will go up! But whales just made big shorts at 10 000 $and all the news said that cryptocurrency won't go up for along time and market went down to current position.

In my own opinion, the market prices are not manipulated, the only problems are those people who are selling their coins due to panicking and fud.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:29:43 AM

I won't claim its 100% manipulated, But yes its being manipulated by whales and some billionaires. I am sure of it 100%.
Even this big and longest bear run is another example of such behavior and manipulation from whales and all other big investors. Actually they can’t control the bitcoin and their transactions but yes they have got authority to control the market of this bitcoin. And they are classically handling it for so long time. So don’t just worry, things might gets fine.
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:35:08 AM

if this technology is innovative, it is not controlled, but gradually kept, to be able to buy cheaper with huge amounts of money. This is a more correct interpretation of the situation
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 11:53:03 AM

bitcoin price is very much manipulated as the top few holders controls the majority of bitcoins. the distribution is so non-uniform that these whales basically control the bitcoin prices and can do to altcoin prices with the flick of a finger.
MirzaofDaska

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:06:00 PM

Trading, of course, is a zero sum game. Worse, due to exchange fees. In the long run everyone loses day trading, only the exchange wins. But not if you can fool other traders.
LizZavet

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:26:41 PM

I think price can be partly manipulate but not all time and not for all coins. I think such manipulations interfere with the natural growth and decline of the market.
juragane

Activity: 476

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:27:08 PM

yes of course the price on the exchange is all very easy to manipulate, if you have a lot of trading capital then you can control the rise and fall of the coin price.

jlong187

Activity: 255

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:58:28 PM

I think that it was really strange that in January when BTC went down all big cryptocurrency exchanges closed registration for new members and they opened it only when the price was low. Then at spring when the downtrend was broken(7000$) there were many news that cryptocurrency now will go up! But whales just made big shorts at 10 000 $and all the news said that cryptocurrency won't go up for along time and market went down to current position.
I'm thinking that the price is partly manipulated, because no one can not affect Bitcoin in the way of total domination. Even the biggest whales can just manipulate the price by slightly declining it into a side that is positive for them.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:41:01 PM

I'm thinking that the price is partly manipulated, because no one can not affect Bitcoin in the way of total domination. Even the biggest whales can just manipulate the price by slightly declining it into a side that is positive for them.
you are absolutely right, because the current situation in the crypto-currency market very clearly shows the possibilities of those people who have a large number of coins. Manipulation will be and were earlier.
BitcoinMyBlood

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:44:07 AM

Sometimes I think that prices have been mastered and manipulated by whales. but like the natural laws that have occurred in the conventional market, there are whales as rulers who can manipulate prices easily. The money is in power
Your story defines that the price is definitely manipulated and whales can influence the market. Closing registration and then opening and new about the price, all these clarifies that the price is not natural and some people adjust it according to their well. I admit that it is true and due to manipulation small investors cannot make money from it.
bitcoindian

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:56:50 AM

It will take allot of money before they can manipulate the market. And i don't think that some people can do that. But there are so many people telling that somebody is manipulating the prices.

If a person has more coins with him he can easily manipulate the coin because most of the people who join in the pump and dump groups will always lose their money because they will buy the coins at a very high price.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:04:10 AM

If a person has more coins with him he can easily manipulate the coin because most of the people who join in the pump and dump groups will always lose their money because they will buy the coins at a very high price.

whales do have a lot of money and they do have a lot of coins therfor they can easily manipulate the market on their own favor but they cannot totally control the overall market of cryptos because that will take a lot of billions and trillions of money .  so we users are also responsible for the price change aside from the whales.

most of the people who join in the pump and dump groups will always lose their money because they will buy the coins at a very high price.

that is a dumb move if you buy a coin at a high price , for sure not all peopld will do that exept if he is an ultra rich guy. Also,   not all who join a pump and dump groups will loose because some of them do also earn due to the reason that they unite on what they will do about thier holdings.
anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:30:50 AM

Isn't proven yet, but it could be possible to happen as whales trying to control prices with the used of their money. But since we are in decentralized market,  definitely it couldn't be totally manipulated nor they take control the entire market. 
Well in my opinion, the price cannot be fully manipulated because the market forces also determine the prices and the activity of the Whales is a small part of the factors that influence the prices. Besides, the government can also manipulate the prices by which I mean to say that any regulations from the government can decrease the demand and hence the prices. There are so many reasons.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:45:48 AM

Well as I would like to think, the cost can't be completely controlled on the grounds that the market powers likewise decide the costs and the action of the Whales is a little piece of the components that impact the costs. Plus, the legislature can likewise control the costs by which I intend to state that any directions from the administration can diminish the request and thus the costs. There are such a large number of reasons.
cedrixperez

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:58:35 AM

I don't think if the price is fully manipulated but as far as I know the whales could control the crypto price if they want, however there are some factors that affects crypto price like fake news and other and banning crypto in other countries, also some influential individuals that hate crypto is one factor that causing people to afraid in investing crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: