Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people afraid to invest in cryptocurrency?  (Read 2152 times)
change7 (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:00:18 PM

Some times I usually think of the reason people are afraid of investing in cryptocurrency, despite the its value and durability, cryptocurrency is a standards investment that will always give the investor the chance of becoming a millionaire due to its appreciative nature, people fail to understand the fact behind cryptocurrency investment, most times the people trying to invest may not have a maximum knowledge of cryptocurrency.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:38:11 PM

There are a lot of reasons why it happens. Let us be honest and do not forget that any crypto coin is a risky asset it is not a bank deposit. Moreover to invest in any crypto coin a person need to have some knowledge and be are familiar with modern technologies like internet and so on. Also a person need to have knowledge about crypto market to understand what the price of a coin is attractive to buy. And final reason why much people do not invest in crypto because there are much fraud. 
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:47:42 PM

Some times I usually think of the reason people are afraid of investing in cryptocurrency, despite the its value and durability, cryptocurrency is a standards investment that will always give the investor the chance of becoming a millionaire due to its appreciative nature, people fail to understand the fact behind cryptocurrency investment, most times the people trying to invest may not have a maximum knowledge of cryptocurrency.
If an investor look at Bitcoin charts and how big the crash of price was (From ~$20k to $8k-$10k in no time) he will certainly make a step back to see if it's really worth it to invest on it or no.Sames applies for altcoins,there is no investor that would like to take big risks especially with the volatily of cryptocurrency market at the current time.Bitcoin and all crytpocurrencies have to build back investors trust with time otherwise we will be seeing a permanent downtrend.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 641

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:14:41 PM

Very reasonable, because the price of crypto has no regulation that can regulate the amount of supply and demand. Prices may change over time and are speculative.
provide the correct information so that the beginner understands the risks of investing in crypto

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:05:35 AM

If an investor look at Bitcoin charts and how big the crash of price was (From ~$20k to $8k-$10k in no time) he will certainly make a step back to see if it's really worth it to invest on it or no.Sames applies for altcoins,there is no investor that would like to take big risks especially with the volatily of cryptocurrency market at the current time.Bitcoin and all crytpocurrencies have to build back investors trust with time otherwise we will be seeing a permanent downtrend.
I think due to lack of understanding about cryptocurrency people tend to be afraid on investing, every crypto coins are very volatile and if we don't understand it then we will get confuse and doubt. One thing is that having no central control people will get afraid for they have no one to inquire if something goes wrong on their investment.

DirtMcGirt36

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:57:26 AM

Lack of understanding and the volatility of it.  Some may be waiting for the next big drop like we had today.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:03:54 AM

I think due to lack of understanding about cryptocurrency people tend to be afraid on investing, every crypto coins are very volatile and if we don't understand it then we will get confuse and doubt. One thing is that having no central control people will get afraid for they have no one to inquire if something goes wrong on their investment.
  Yes I agree on that, people afraid to invest on it because there are so many people around that doesn't understand the crypto currency they think that there are so many scammers around and they are afraid on lossing. People really doesn't understand it yet. We can really make money on crypto if we are going to make it in a serious way.
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:14:51 AM

Cryptocurrencies are dissimilar to physical currencies. Cryptocurrencies have more profit but on the other hand, the chance of losing is higher than physical currencies.

R.R.L.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:50:15 AM

They usually have a tremendous interest in Crypto, with what many people have achieved so crypto is a top choice for many. But sometimes they rush to take decisions and do not consider other things like knowledge that much better. This is what makes investors fail. A good knowledge will greatly affect what we will get later.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:23:15 AM

Because of the cryptocurrency everyday is changes that meant is not stable whether the price goes up and down. Cryptocurrency is volatile and risky to invest specially to the beginners.
embarrasstor

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:25:30 AM

More interesting question is why are people not afraid to invest in cryptocurrency although the rate is fluctuating everyday
So basically since crypto exchange does not have such a regulatory like how to regulate the stock market, so the sense of security is relatively lower to invest
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:54:33 AM

You have said it "most times the people trying to invest may not have a maximum knowledge of cryptocurrency". This is ome of those reasons. Actually it has a mamy more meaning or inside of having not knowledge in crypto. One of the most common they will enter without knowledge because the price of bitcoins was high already and they will not know if they will sell when it dumps or not. In the other phase of this is investors will not going to enter on this price because they are afraid if bitcoins will fall much lower than this.
arjen18

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:13:42 AM

I think the reason why are people afraid in investing in cryptocurrency they have no idea on what is crypto and also afraid in terms of investing in crypto
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:27:48 AM

Cryptocurrencies are dissimilar to physical currencies. Cryptocurrencies have more profit but on the other hand, the chance of losing is higher than physical currencies.
Some people are afraid to invest in cryptocurrency because its risky and its volatility is very high, and some are just afraid to invest because of scams happening around the world.

I think the reason why are people afraid in investing in cryptocurrency they have no idea on what is crypto and also afraid in terms of investing in crypto
Yep, people are usually afraid because they don't understand the whole system of cryptocurrency, I really suggest not to invest if your knowledge is limited because this market is very risky.
Flomo

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 05:30:26 AM

true, they have not understood crypto including security and they certainly have not felt the benefits of crypto investment.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:14:31 AM

you say cryptocurrency instead of saying "bitcoin" so i assume you mean altcoins.
it is for good reasons to be afraid of the altcoins because anybody with eyes can clearly look at the altcoin market and see that it is heavily manipulated and there is no way you can work in such a market and the best course of action is to stay away from them.
although in reality that never happens because of greed and the fact that people usually think they can "beat the system" and win in this manipulated market. of course some of them will win if they learn how to do it but majority of them will only lose money and then stay away. as they are getting dumped on right now for example!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:38:49 AM

People are afraid to invest in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies market because of the campaign going on! Twitter and facebook including media house has been propagating nagetive information about cryptocurrencies and this is what is scaring investors away from investing in it.  Alot need to be done in other to be able to undo what has been done.
Potatohead

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:45:11 AM

People I think are having a hard time and trust issues about the investments today. They don't have enough idea and knowledge about cryptocurrency that's why they are afraid to try something new. As for me, I believe that people should be eager to learn more about the digital currency and be willing to take all the risks for them to earn better.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:00:36 AM

They afraid of losing money in cryptocurrency mostly are no knowledge about crypto, but I think it's normal for newbies that they afraid to invest in crypto, if they really want to earn money in crypto they should learn what is crypto about so that they know how risky crypto is.

sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:23:18 AM

Many people around me do not jump in to crypto because this is kind of investment hard to understanding and how to start in to it , even though many people here interesting about crypto. They need personal person who can explain direct what is crypto and how to buy and store in wallet, etc. Many people in my town need direct guide how to buy and sell crypto in the exchange because still hard for them to understand it.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: