Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:55:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are Etherum and Emunie scamcoins and why?
Ethereum is a scam - 147 (29.6%)
Emunie is a scam - 125 (25.2%)
Ethereum is not a scam - 110 (22.2%)
Emunie is not a scam - 114 (23%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Etherum and Emunie scamcoins?  (Read 9699 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:20:55 PM

Much controversy surrounds these 2 coins with accusations being made of them being scamcoins. Currently these coins are the most talked about coins that haven't been released yet. Their are Accusations ranging from Etherum Goldman Sachs involvement and accusations of Emunie being centralized I wanted to make a poll to see what the community really feels. Everyone has 2 votes one for each coin and please elaborate on your reasoning in the comments.

At this time I am not taking a stance on either coin and this poll is purely to assess what the community thinks of each coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VforVictory

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:22:24 PM

Your Mom is a scam. Carry on.
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:26:10 PM

It is spelt 'Ethereum'.

And no, I do not believe it is a scam.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:28:15 PM

stop spamming threads with failed troll attempts.

It is spelt 'Ethereum'.

And no, I do not believe it is a scam.

And thanks, fixed the typo.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:37:55 PM

Interesting with 10 voters so far the communies 50/50 on emunie while 60% think ethereum is a scam.
tesslerc

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:51:01 PM

I think there are enough topics on the matter.

eMunie is not a scam, if eMunie was a scam there wouldn't even be a beta client such evolved. The client is in beta (soon open beta) and it works x20000 better than any other Bitcoin copy out there.
If there was an intention to scam anyone, dan could have ran off weeks ago with more than enough in profits. This is the real deal, but.. you guys can keep on trolling and trying to move people away from the project, but we all know that the moment it goes live - it will be HUGE.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:53:10 PM

I'm a closed beta tester for emunie and i can confirm eMunie is NOT a scam, their beta client is amazing. Way better than Nxt client (no offense nxt!)

Wait till open beta is out and see for yourself!

cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:00:42 PM

I'm a closed beta tester for emunie and i can confirm eMunie is NOT a scam, their beta client is amazing. Way better than Nxt client (no offense nxt!)

Wait till open beta is out and see for yourself!

is their an official launch date for emunie
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:08:50 PM

I see you like being fucked by Goldman sachs ?

If they change their name to "Goldwoman Sachs", yes, yes I would. Tongue

Also, this whole thread is a troll attempt either way. God knows we don't see enough threads asking/warning us about Ethereumm, and "The Man", or some "this is a scam" bullshit.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:14:22 PM

I see you like being fucked by Goldman sachs ?

If they change their name to "Goldwoman Sachs", yes, yes I would. Tongue

Also, this whole thread is a troll attempt either way. God knows we don't see enough threads asking/warning us about Ethereumm, and "The Man", or some "this is a scam" bullshit.

This thread is not a troll attempt it was purely made to asses the communities position on these coins. The only person here trolling is you and you're not very good at it.
Eex77

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:18:24 PM

Not the best place to ask this. Everything is a scam no matter what to the people here, it's just one big circlejerk.

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
kaypacha

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:19:38 PM

Beside the fact that the last 2 options are redundant, this topic are meaningless. Wait at least them to release the beta, how can you judge a thing before have tried it?
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:39:37 PM

Beside the fact that the last 2 options are redundant, this topic are meaningless. Wait at least them to release the beta, how can you judge a thing before have tried it?

The last 2 options aren't redundant because i'm asking for peoples opinion on the 2 coins. and the whole point of a pole is to see were people stand so what's your problem? and stealthcoin i think their still releasing the coin if it doesn't reach 30k btc the 30k btc is just the cap for the ipo.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:14:34 PM

Not the best place to ask this. Everything is a scam no matter what to the people here, it's just one big circlejerk.

Well I think the results show that not everyone thinks that.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:57:53 AM

interesting
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:23:47 AM

If there was an intention to scam anyone, dan could have ran off weeks ago with more than enough in profits.

That's ridiculous with the IPO, canceled IPO, and fairly disingenuous explanation of said cancellation and new IPO on the horizon. However, I don't think that eMunie is a scam. I don't think either outright intend to be, the question is whether or not people might feel cheated afterwards.

The danger I see with eMunie is that very little information on the mechanical details has been released as far as I can tell, though I haven't gone sifting through the entire forum. eMunie might not be the protocol that some people imagine it to be. Regardless, I think the likelihood of it doing well for some time may be high. However, the closer the IPO gets (is there a new date set yet?) without the technical details of the protocol being explained in a legible format should raise the wariness of investors. It's investing into a black box.

Ethereum on the other hand has been more open about the details, however there is very little in code (afaik) and they are/were asking for a ridiculous amount of money to make a protocol that has a lot of buzzwords that sound like cool ideas, but will they have a real near-term impact? My intuition is doubtful on that. It doesn't help that there is not just the IPO, but also setting their organization up with control of a large percentage of the currency. I think the risk of people feeling cheated by Ethereum is much higher.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:30:07 PM

Emunie is not a scam (beta is running)  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444723.0
Isildur23

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:36:56 PM

I don't think they are meant to be scam coins, but they will have serious legality problems...

Ties are a prison for the soul...
Bartje

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:31:56 PM

eMunie is not a scam. I've seen their client and it is remarkably stable and complete. It has been in development and testing for over 8 months and will launch an open beta this week. If the founders have a scam in mind, they wouldn't have put so much effort in it.

ethereum is founded by Vitalik buterin, who has been writing very thought out articles about bitcoin with a high sense of ethics for over a year or two. Even though ethereum has been under development for only 2 months (still longer than most scamcoins), I simply trust ethereum based on the founders' reputation.
The goldman sachs thing sounds a bit too tin-foil-hat conspiracy to me.
tesslerc

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:08:17 PM

If there was an intention to scam anyone, dan could have ran off weeks ago with more than enough in profits.

That's ridiculous with the IPO, canceled IPO, and fairly disingenuous explanation of said cancellation and new IPO on the horizon. However, I don't think that eMunie is a scam. I don't think either outright intend to be, the question is whether or not people might feel cheated afterwards.

The danger I see with eMunie is that very little information on the mechanical details has been released as far as I can tell, though I haven't gone sifting through the entire forum. eMunie might not be the protocol that some people imagine it to be. Regardless, I think the likelihood of it doing well for some time may be high. However, the closer the IPO gets (is there a new date set yet?) without the technical details of the protocol being explained in a legible format should raise the wariness of investors. It's investing into a black box.

Ethereum on the other hand has been more open about the details, however there is very little in code (afaik) and they are/were asking for a ridiculous amount of money to make a protocol that has a lot of buzzwords that sound like cool ideas, but will they have a real near-term impact? My intuition is doubtful on that. It doesn't help that there is not just the IPO, but also setting their organization up with control of a large percentage of the currency. I think the risk of people feeling cheated by Ethereum is much higher.

Well the details are dynamic, they are changing as we speak.
This is the beauty of it all, it isn't a state that someone came up with a theoretical idea and went all in (as cool as it might be), every idea is tested, every option is valued - and in the end the best is taken.

So many technical aspects of the client have changed and might still change, the investment you make it the same as you make in any other coin - based on if you believe this can and will be a big thing.
No one makes you buy into this coin, this is 100% optional and there will be an option to get coins via hatching (similar to mining).

I think if you truly compare eMunie to any other coin (besides bitcoin), you will see that even prior launch, the efforts gone into development are huge - whilst other coins with over $50M in market cap don't have anything that differentiates them from the rest (besides block time / reward size).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: