Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are Etherum and Emunie scamcoins and why?
Ethereum is a scam - 147 (29.6%)
Emunie is a scam - 125 (25.2%)
Ethereum is not a scam - 110 (22.2%)
Emunie is not a scam - 114 (23%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Etherum and Emunie scamcoins?  (Read 9699 times)
number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:12:03 PM

of course both are scams

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johntawaki

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

of course both are scams
+1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
etlase3

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

Well the details are dynamic, they are changing as we speak.

This is the beauty of it all, it isn't a state that someone came up with a theoretical idea and went all in (as cool as it might be), every idea is tested, every option is valued - and in the end the best is taken.

"Here are once again a bunch of meaningless, flowery words from an eMunie supporter" that is all I see.

So many technical aspects of the client have changed and might still change, the investment you make it the same as you make in any other coin - based on if you believe this can and will be a big thing.

No one should believe a thing until the security and economic details have been released and it has some discussion from the community. The client is window dressing.

I think if you truly compare eMunie to any other coin (besides bitcoin), you will see that even prior launch, the efforts gone into development are huge - whilst other coins with over $50M in market cap don't have anything that differentiates them from the rest (besides block time / reward size).

At the very least, they have a proven security system which eMunie does not. And it appears more and more like any whitepaper or details will be released at the last second before or maybe even during or after the IPO with as little public discussion as possible. Is Dan really so paranoid that someone is going to steal his amazing ideas and release something that copies them prior to the release of eMunie? Because that is absurd. That raises many questions as to why these details have not been released.
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:18:08 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 10:32:36 PM by eid

Well the details are dynamic, they are changing as we speak.
This is the beauty of it all, it isn't a state that someone came up with a theoretical idea and went all in (as cool as it might be), every idea is tested, every option is valued - and in the end the best is taken.

So many technical aspects of the client have changed and might still change, the investment you make it the same as you make in any other coin - based on if you believe this can and will be a big thing.
No one makes you buy into this coin, this is 100% optional and there will be an option to get coins via hatching (similar to mining).

I think if you truly compare eMunie to any other coin (besides bitcoin), you will see that even prior launch, the efforts gone into development are huge - whilst other coins with over $50M in market cap don't have anything that differentiates them from the rest (besides block time / reward size).

Has the exchange been tested?  You know, the bit that sends signals to the buffer to create more emu and keep everything stable. The reason for emunie to exist at all. Has it been written even?

Has the "bug" where Dan's hatchers get 10x more earnings than everyone else's been fixed yet? After all, that is 50% of all gains we're talking about.

I'm sure you wouldn't want people handing over their money otherwise.
eac15678

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:16:58 AM

both are scamcoins Grin

Earthcoin (EAC) is one of the best coin!
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:27:52 AM

What do ENS and EDRC mean?

[7:26:53 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: Steg job public wont care about centralization anyway, and thats our real market, because its the only market large enough to effect real change

Telling.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:29:53 AM

both are garbage

Smiley
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:52:45 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 01:07:45 PM by eid

[7:25:46 PM] Dan Hughes - eMunie: They can complain, the complainers are the ones that will get us into trouble selling children

Straight from the horses mouth, if you don't agree with Dan Hughes, you're a seller of children. Dan, you have outdone yourself on this one.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439045.msg4930738#msg4930738
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:14:57 PM

While I don't see eMunie as a scam, and I'm excited to see the system in action because I think it's unique and has some great ideas... I do think that the way the project is being handled and the way Dan and some others react to criticism has been, and continues to be, a huge PR disaster. I miss having a more open minded and community responsive dev team. IMO too many complaints have either been completely ignored, or deleted/shut down without any vote what so ever. In other words: what Dan says goes, if somebody disagrees.. well, tough luck. Don't question God.

My language here may be a little harsh, and Dan; if you read this - I hope you take it in the right way. You did after all create this system that I'm excited about. That's a very positive thing. But I feel that there can be an improvement in responsiveness and communication.
Peachy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 01:33:58 PM

mrVegas or mrVegad (whichever it is in your attempt to hide "your" identity) as well as eid for cross-posting the discussion:

I'm utterly shocked and appalled at your apparent lack of any ethical or moral character.  To post the above discussions that were made in a private environment speaks volumes about you as a person.   To list the names of those that wish to remain anonymous implies you should consider a position at the NSA.  I’m sure they would welcome your lack of integrity with open arms.   

Frankly, I should not be surprised by your behavior above as you previously attempted to badger me incessantly on another topic to “tell me their names” within the beta chat box.  Thankfully, my integrity and moral compass is above such reproach.  I will unquestionably maintain the anonymity of ANYONE who wishes to remain so (including your identity) as this is only a decision each person can make on their own.  This, unfortunately, is not something you can apparently comprehend.

Until such time as you yourself come “out from the shadows” of anonymity and post your true name and relevant/verifiable identification I will consider you to be nothing more than a coward. 

And you consider yourself an American?  You should be ashamed of yourself.

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

mrVegas or mrVegad (whichever it is in your attempt to hide "your" identity) as well as eid for cross-posting the discussion:

I'm utterly shocked and appalled at your apparent lack of any ethical or moral character.  To post the above discussions that were made in a private environment speaks volumes about you as a person.   To list the names of those that wish to remain anonymous implies you should consider a position at the NSA.  I’m sure they would welcome your lack of integrity with open arms.  

Frankly, I should not be surprised by your behavior above as you previously attempted to badger me incessantly on another topic to “tell me their names” within the beta chat box.  Thankfully, my integrity and moral compass is above such reproach.  I will unquestionably maintain the anonymity of ANYONE who wishes to remain so (including your identity) as this is only a decision each person can make on their own.  This, unfortunately, is not something you can apparently comprehend.

Until such time as you yourself come “out from the shadows” of anonymity and post your true name and relevant/verifiable identification I will consider you to be nothing more than a coward.  

And you consider yourself an American?  You should be ashamed of yourself.

1: I haven't posted anything from a private conversation. I believe everything above was posted in a public forum.

2: Ive never badgered you in a conversation, you must be thinking about someone else.

3: Your opinion of me is irrelevant. If you want to argue against my points, do so.

4: I'm not an American and have no wish to be.

5: Dan knows my identity. Posting in a public forum with your real name is foolish in my opinion.
mrvegad

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:49:22 PM

I'm utterly shocked and appalled at your apparent lack of any ethical or moral character.  To post the above discussions that were made in a private environment speaks volumes about you as a person.   To list the names of those that wish to remain anonymous implies you should consider a position at the NSA.  I’m sure they would welcome your lack of integrity with open arms.   

Frankly, I should not be surprised by your behavior above as you previously attempted to badger me incessantly on another topic to “tell me their names” within the beta chat box.  Thankfully, my integrity and moral compass is above such reproach.  I will unquestionably maintain the anonymity of ANYONE who wishes to remain so (including your identity) as this is only a decision each person can make on their own.  This, unfortunately, is not something you can apparently comprehend.

1: I made this identity long before I was on emunie forum, hit the wrong key when making my username here and didn't catch it in time.
2: It was from skype
3: Those people choose to use their own names on skype.
4: Sorry to have badgered you, I was having a really bad day but there was no excuse for my behavior.
5: No, I don't call myself American.
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:00:43 PM

By the way, congratulations on your meteoric rise from Newbie to Founder in less that one month. That's quite an achievement.

Also, it's nice to see you're actually capable of disagreeing with someone.
Peachy

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:12:08 PM

1: I made this identity long before I was on emunie forum, hit the wrong key when making my username here and didn't catch it in time.

A valid explanation.  Understood.

2: It was from skype
3: Those people choose to use their own names on skype.

So you copy/pasted this from skype directly with no care/concern for those who would be impacted? Or did you receive it from someone else?  

Either way your unapologetic behavior implies you are on the road to becoming a sociopath:

-Grandiose Sense of Self
-Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
-Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
-Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
-Irresponsibility/Unreliability / Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams.

Notice the similarity to yourself with regards to your current actions?  

You might consider editing/removing your earlier post if you wish to avoid earning such a title.

4: Sorry to have badgered you, I was having a really bad day but there was no excuse for my behavior.

Apology for that incident accepted.  I, as well, was having a rough day.

5: No, I don't call myself American.

As is your right to claim so as an American (ideologically speaking)

Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:12:43 PM

1: I haven't posted anything from a private conversation. I believe everything above was posted in a public forum.

5: Dan knows my identity. Posting in a public forum with your real name is foolish in my opinion.

No, the chat posted above is not from any public forum. It's from the private founders skype group. It shows that the poster (MrV) has no principles whatsoever, and that we should be glad that he left eMunie, among with people defending him. It's like we had the NSA directly within our group. Any points you may have had against Visin (but never gave any proof to the accusations), are now void anyway.

Radix - just imagine
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:17:49 PM

No, the chat posted above is not from any public forum. It's from the private founders skype group. It shows that the poster (MrV) has no principles whatsoever, and that we should be glad that he left eMunie, among with people defending him. It's like we had the NSA directly within our group. Any points you may have had against Visin (but never gave any proof to the accusations), are now void anyway.

How so? I quoted a post made on a public forum. It showed Dans name and his words. Both are already in the public realm.

Also, I haven't defended anyone (so far).

Honestly the way people throw around accusations of being "NSA", perhaps Godwin's Law should be updated to include it.
Peachy

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:23:16 PM

So standing by and "watching" someone's identity get "raped" and not saying anything about it, or rather encouraging such behavior by supporting it and cross-posting to another topic thread is acceptable behavior?

You provided a link above in mssg# 31.  On that topic you reference further this private trusted conversation.  It would seem as though both of you are sociopaths.  There's a reason most societies quarantine such individuals away from the general population.

2: Ive never badgered you in a conversation, you must be thinking about someone else.

See above for you support of his behavior.

3: Your opinion of me is irrelevant. If you want to argue against my points, do so.

I don't argue with morally deficient individuals.  My time is too valuable and would be wasted on someone incapable of comprehending them.

Noted.

He knows your identity and yet he has NOT posted it publicly.  I feel that speaks VOLUMES about his integrity and professionalism.  However, you feel compelled to support and defend and individual without such character traits.  Telling indeed.

eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:26:54 PM

On MrV's principles

MrV gave up hours of his life every day for 8 (?) months in order to help develop emunie for free.

When he realised that the developer was unworthy of his trust, he threw that all away to follow his conscience.

He now finds himself in possession of damning material, showing the developer as he truly is which is obviously relevant to prospective investors. He decides to publish this material knowing full well his ex-colleagues will react just like they have.

I don't think it's MrV's integrity which is in question here.
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:28:58 PM

How so? I quoted a post made on a public forum. It showed Dans name and his words. Both are already in the public realm.

Because you are one of the two main defenders of MrVegas. You've claimed that he left the eMunie project because of principles. Now it has been proven that he has no principles whatsoever, and his departure will make eMunie more secure, more private and generally better.

Radix - just imagine
eid

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:33:13 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 09:42:54 PM by eid

So standing by and "watching" someone's identity get "raped" and not saying anything about it, or rather encouraging such behavior by supporting it and cross-posting to another topic thread is acceptable behavior?

You provided a link above in mssg# 31.  On that topic you reference further this private trusted conversation.  It would seem as though both of you are sociopaths.  There's a reason most societies quarantine such individuals away from the general population.

See above for you support of his behavior.

I don't argue with morally deficient individuals.  My time is too valuable and would be wasted on someone incapable of comprehending them.

Noted.

He knows your identity and yet he has NOT posted it publicly.  I feel that speaks VOLUMES about his integrity and professionalism.  However, you feel compelled to support and defend and individual without such character traits.  Telling indeed.

The link that you refer to does not include material from this private conversation at all. I wrote that post before I'd even read the skype conversation.

Dans identity was released by him, not me. It's no secret. So he hasn't released mine. That's hardly merit for a medal now is it? Besides which no one accused him of doing so.

The first time I defended MrV was AFTER your post.

The rest of your post is just gibberish quite honestly. Maybe you should go calm down before you post again.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: