Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:14:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506371 times)
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:43:09 PM

Newly created website for Auroracoin, http://auroracoin.is/ has a timer ticking.

Now 18 days and 19 hrs?

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:52:15 PM

The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennitala
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
After the dump the number of second airdrop request went down to 5000+
And the 3'rd airdrop request went even lower to 2500+
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.

Do you know what the developer did to advertise AUR to the people in Iceland. I am part of the Guldencoin community and as you can see with our distribtion stats under 2000 people have claimed with a population of 17 million in the Netherlands. The coin has also just turned 1 year old and has plenty merchants, been on the media and even RT but only 1918 people have claimed. Any tips or ideas the AUR developer used would be welcomed.

https://distribution.guldencoin.com/#/stats

Something that is a concern is that EFL with the same coin supply also claimed around 40 000 people in the Netherlands claimed but that was proven as a scam as the coin creators got caught out by having bigger sells in EFL on the exchanges then was meant to be in supply at the time. Now there has been community takeover and they also got a foundation built. Looks like AUR going to head in same direction.

I know some members in Guldencoin have invested in AUR so came to check it out so please let me know how they advertised and I can give this information to our team.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
rocanonz

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:31:40 PM

The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennitala
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
After the dump the number of second airdrop request went down to 5000+
And the 3'rd airdrop request went even lower to 2500+
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.

Do you know what the developer did to advertise AUR to the people in Iceland. I am part of the Guldencoin community and as you can see with our distribtion stats under 2000 people have claimed with a population of 17 million in the Netherlands. The coin has also just turned 1 year old and has plenty merchants, been on the media and even RT but only 1918 people have claimed. Any tips or ideas the AUR developer used would be welcomed.

Something that is a concern is that EFL with the same coin supply also claimed around 40 000 people in the Netherlands claimed but that was proven as a scam as the coin creators got caught out by having bigger sells in EFL on the exchanges then was meant to be in supply at the time. Now there has been community takeover and they also got a foundation built. Looks like AUR going to head in same direction.

I know some members in Guldencoin have invested in AUR so came to check it out so please let me know how they advertised and I can give this information to our team.
Before 1stage airdrop, the number of coins in circulation where quite small. That situation made possible for the speculators to inflate the price of AUR to a insane level, for a new born coin. So the existence of AUR went viral in the cryptocurrency community, the national and international press.
Why 10% of Icelandic population participated in the 1'st airdrop?
1) Gold rush, free money falling from the sky
2) The hope of people in AUR fulfilling it's main proposition "breaks the shackles of a fiat currency"

So i think it's less of a good marketing and more of good luck.
Also Reykjavík it's a small city and moist of the Icelandic population lives in. Easy to talk with each other Smiley

For me this guy did the best AUR coin marketing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS-0EuTwa9Q
dinobotta

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:12:39 PM

Try to market Guldencoin when the Euro has crashed 70% against all other currencies in the world and I'm sure many people will be ready to try something new. That what happened in Iceland.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 06:38:50 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2015, 07:00:29 PM by LTEX

Try to market Guldencoin when the Euro has crashed 70% against all other currencies in the world and I'm sure many people will be ready to try something new. That what happened in Iceland.

These are valid points Dinobotta makes, Pijpenstelen. Iceland is a country that has been completely cut of from foreign financial markets after 2008. They are the only country in the world that have overthrown their government (look up "pots and pans revolution") cause of the crisis and even have jailed the bankers that were involved.

Also the entire country consists of 330.000 inhabitants of which over 70% live in Reykjavik. A concentrated community that can be compared with the Dutch city of Eindhoven. That's a lot easier to reach than 17.000.000 people shattered all over our (I'm Dutch as well as you know) country.

This is why, in the Netherlands, we need initiatives like KwartjeTerug to get people interested in a more playful way. In Iceland the mentality is already very serious when it comes to "breaking the shackles" from fiat currency.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
baldur odinson

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:03:37 PM

Ooh snap, who and what is behind Auroracoin.is?
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:38:09 PM

The new dev group.
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:58:15 AM

The new dev group.

I joined their dev skype group, so far they seems to have honest plans.
Some members invested into new exchange which should launch soon.
Also they are closely bound to Iceland pirate party, which is extremely strong now.

What is most important the people are from Iceland.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:00:40 AM

The new dev group.

Is new dev group Criptoe from USA?
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:02:31 AM

The new dev group.

I joined their dev skype group, so far they seems to have honest plans.
Some members invested into new exchange which should launch soon.
Also they are closely bound to Iceland pirate party, which is extremely strong now.

What is most important the people are from Iceland.

Good time to buy AUR, people would be silly to not get in now when they can make 100 times the btc off Icelanders in near future.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 07:40:41 AM

The new dev group.

Yes, it's being setup by the new DEV group. This will become the main site for Auroracoin and will be focussed on easy adoption by the Icelandic public. It will be bi-lingual (Icelandic and English).

There will also be a separate site launched for the Auroracoin foundation. This site will have more focus on the legal and development aspect of things.

Third we already have our new forum setup for our community: http://auroraspjall.is

voytek

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:41:07 AM

Anyone know, when premine coin has be burned?
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 07:45:09 AM

The new dev group.

Is new dev group Criptoe from USA?

No, the new DEV group exists of many people, and has been setup by people from Iceland. There are also some foreigners, like myself, involved in assisting to their efforts.

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 07:45:52 AM

http://auroracoin.is ;-)

voytek

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:51:58 AM

http://auroracoin.is ;-)

Nice, but from where confidence? I need more information for Polish dev team. Send me pm if it is top secret Smiley
INotes

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:58:37 AM

A new team, A new coin for Iceland. IcelandicNotes will be launched in June.

After leaning from the early mistakes made by AUR distribution we want to start with a clean slate for Iceland.

Transparency:
Every team member will be contactable by phone, email etc Trust and Transparency is very important in Iceland.
Company address will be given and people from the public will be more then welcome to come visit.

Fair Distribution:
No Premine but coin generation will be done in new innovative ways, the focus will be on developing the currency for Iceland and making it usable on launch.

Team
The core team will only consist of citizens from Iceland and will outsource any needed skills we can't do in house.

Development
More to be announced closer to launch.

I will announce our new forums when we go live. It's time to give Iceland the coin it deserves.

Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:03:49 AM

After leaning from the early mistakes made by AUR distribution we want to start with a clean slate for Iceland.

Transparency:
Every team member will be contactable by phone, email etc Trust and Transparency is very important in Iceland.
Company address will be given and people from the public will be more then welcome to come visit.

Fair Distribution:
No Premine but coin generation will be done in new innovative ways, the focus will be on developing the currency for Iceland and making it usable on launch.

Team
The core team will only consist of citizens from Iceland and will outsource any needed skills we can't do in house.

Development

I will announce our new forums when we go live. It's time to give Iceland the coin it deserves.

Ok, lets start with transparency. You are who?
voytek

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:10:19 AM

IcelandicNotes will be launched in June.

Sorry, but we don't create solutions for any else coin. Auroracoin will be only coin supported our team. No for any else coin. So we are waiting for premine destroy.
dinobotta

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:32:51 AM

Transparency:

Fair Distribution:

Team

Development

We already have "Icelandic notes" and coins issued by the Central bank of Iceland: http://www.cb.is/payments/notes-and-coin/.

No Premine.

Transparency http://www.cb.is/publications-news-and-speeches/publications/

Fair distribution, well the people of Iceland have some and foreign creditors of the fallen Icelandic banks also have a few billion.

Team, http://www.cb.is/monetary-policy/monetary-policy-committee/.

Works in your local business/shop.

INotes

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:45:58 AM

Transparency:

Fair Distribution:

Team

Development

We already have "Icelandic notes" and coins issued by the Central bank of Iceland: http://www.cb.is/payments/notes-and-coin/.

No Premine.

Transparency http://www.cb.is/publications-news-and-speeches/publications/

Fair distribution, well the people of Iceland have some and foreign creditors of the fallen Icelandic banks also have a few billion.

Team, http://www.cb.is/monetary-policy/monetary-policy-committee/.

Works in your local business/shop.

A variation in the name will be announced for the official release but will be similar, we don't wan't to give away the name in case the developer here created the coin with the same name to sabotage the project. Which would only be a temporary set back.
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: