Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:58:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506373 times)
rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:08:22 PM

I have already spent too much time explaining this scam, I will leave these posts in here for people who are smart enough to do a search before investing.

1. you don't understand how the airdrop was done. do you?
2. do you really know if or not the DEV is from Iceland. How you can tell that. does it really matter if the AUR genesis was done by Nakamoto or Jesus? The airdop worked!
3. i partially agree. this coin is smart and charged with political meaning.
4. of course. if i believe in a idea then i invest knowledge, time and money in it. it's my personal choice and freedom to do so.
5. a site like this is advertised on aurora FB pages http://qa.is/AUR.html for the sole purpose of collecting airdrop coins from sellers at low prices. and if you have time to read, you find that was a lucrative business. coins where collected in specific address and where sold on exchanges for a profit.

Anyhow think, do as you like. But love is always a better option. Let's brace ourself, BTC is getting ready too go down hard Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 01:15:15 PM

On this thread there will always be persons chasing ghosts (phantoms) and also people chasing progression. I chose the latter...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:20:48 PM

Does it all matter if it is a scam or not? Coin is currently "dead". New dev team takes up "dead" coin, kicks out "scammers" (block pre-mine) and starts to build up. What's the problem?

I guess the people calling "scam" here, don't have any AUR, so what is in it for them?
rocanonz

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:27:13 PM

On this thread there will always be persons chasing ghosts (phantoms) and also people chasing progression. I chose the latter...

That's why if you really want to participate and keep a track of AUR development, you can access the official forum: http://auroraspjall.is/
BritcoinFTW

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:29:47 PM

Does it all matter if it is a scam or not? Coin is currently "dead". New dev team takes up "dead" coin, kicks out "scammers" (block pre-mine) and starts to build up. What's the problem?

I guess the people calling "scam" here, don't have any AUR, so what is in it for them?

I agree mate, I am 200% certain the coin was created as a scam but this is why the rest of the premine needs to be destroyed with the hard fork. I have no doubt that the developer will have a lot of the coins still even with the destroyed premine which is the only shit part.
What about this new Icelandic coin going to be created in June? It will help AUR and the new coin in Iceland. More publicity from both coins and crypto.

A new team, A new coin for Iceland. IcelandicNotes will be launched in June.

After leaning from the early mistakes made by AUR distribution we want to start with a clean slate for Iceland.

Transparency:
Every team member will be contactable by phone, email etc Trust and Transparency is very important in Iceland.
Company address will be given and people from the public will be more then welcome to come visit.

Fair Distribution:
No Premine but coin generation will be done in new innovative ways, the focus will be on developing the currency for Iceland and making it usable on launch.

Team
The core team will only consist of citizens from Iceland and will outsource any needed skills we can't do in house.

Development
More to be announced closer to launch.

I will announce our new forums when we go live. It's time to give Iceland the coin it deserves.

Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:39:07 PM

No more new coins please.

Lets revive some old with good potential and already established name instead of creating new.
If they dump the premine in 18 days and are working on development whats bad about it?
BritcoinFTW

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:47:22 PM

Lets revive some old with good potential and already established name instead of creating new.
If they dump the premine in 18 days and are working on development whats bad about it?

Just invest in both Iceland coins mate and you just need one to succeed, but we will need to make sure there is no hidden premine like with ASIA coin for this new Iceland coin.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:46:07 PM

Just invest speculate in both Iceland coins mate and you just need one to succeed, but we will need to make sure there is no hidden premine like with ASIA coin for this new Iceland coin.

There, fixed that for you.

You're taking them serious?... they forgot to register their name for a website and it was scooped the same minute they posted their name here. And then from someone that just registered on the forum to put that message here.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:49:40 PM

Exactly. Even if Auroracoin was started as a scam - and if it was it was one of the most poorly executed scams in crypto yet - why does that matter going forward?

Auroracoin has the name recognition, the development team, and above all an ideal target market for an exciting crypto experiment.

In any event, the FUD here on BCT doesn't really matter because the average Icelandic consumer doesn't even know bitcointalk exists.

baldur odinson

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:30:34 PM

Ltex, will Auroracoin.is have an exchange?
apcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:53:53 PM

Just invest speculate in both Iceland coins mate and you just need one to succeed, but we will need to make sure there is no hidden premine like with ASIA coin for this new Iceland coin.

There, fixed that for you.

You're taking them serious?... they forgot to register their name for a website and it was scooped the same minute they posted their name here. And then from someone that just registered on the forum to put that message here.

LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 06:17:22 PM

Yes, an AUR-ISK exchange is being developed and hopefully ready on time, but no hard promises for now...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
apcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:22:29 PM

Yes, an AUR-ISK exchange is being developed and hopefully ready on time, but no hard promises for now...

If there are any icelandic users here that are interested in being beta tester on the new exchange please pm me or skarfur for more info  Wink
BauldersGate

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:16:00 PM

You cannot destroy the premine!!!!!

This is something that cannot happen. You cannot under any circumstances change the promised supply to investors which is 21 million coins. Balduro will change his mind on the premine so give him a chance. He created this coin and no one has the right to fork it and destroy the premine, it's his coin now leave it as is and let him do his work.

dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:44:34 PM

This is something that cannot happen. You cannot under any circumstances change the promised supply to investors which is 21 million coins. Balduro will change his mind on the premine so give him a chance. He created this coin and no one has the right to fork it and destroy the premine, it's his coin now leave it as is and let him do his work.

We all want Baldur to finish his job. The original blueprint talked about destroying the remaining premine. Some have suggested distributing the remaining premine to all who claimed, or only those who claimed in the first airdrop 31.8 AUR.

The thing is Baldur finished the airdrop on time. He rerouted auroracoin.org to auroraspjall.is after the airdrop, but we are all waiting to see what he does with the premine.

All uncertainty about the coin will be lifted when Baldur acts on the premine. If he does nothing the new dev team will do it for him, by blocking the premine addresses with a hard fork. If the new dev team does not block the premine addresses we might be waiting forever to see if Baldur acts on the premine or not. I think the timer on auroracoin.is is when new wallets will be ready for a hard fork.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
BauldersGate

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:38:36 PM

We all want Baldur to finish his job. The original blueprint talked about destroying the remaining premine. Some have suggested distributing the remaining premine to all who claimed, or only those who claimed in the first airdrop 31.8 AUR.

The thing is Baldur finished the airdrop on time. He rerouted auroracoin.org to auroraspjall.is after the airdrop, but we are all waiting to see what he does with the premine.

All uncertainty about the coin will be lifted when Baldur acts on the premine. If he does nothing the new dev team will do it for him, by blocking the premine addresses with a hard fork. If the new dev team does not block the premine addresses we might be waiting forever to see if Baldur acts on the premine or not. I think the timer on auroracoin.is is when new wallets will be ready for a hard fork.

Do the hardfork without destroying the premine. It will add value to the coin and more Icelanders can take the airdrop with remaining premine. He has been very honest until now so give him time.

Do a community poll here on these forums but make it so only junior members and above can vote. Community say is very important, the new devs can't just do what they want.
TrackCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:44:28 PM

As bright Aurora rise up everyday will get this coin more valuable then the Wink day before..

Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:00:27 PM

Do the hardfork without destroying the premine. It will add value to the coin and more Icelanders can take the airdrop with remaining premine. He has been very honest until now so give him time.

Do a community poll here on these forums but make it so only junior members and above can vote. Community say is very important, the new devs can't just do what they want.

Nobody can claim the coins now. He has ended the airdrop closed the claim site. So now the coins are just sitting there and creating uncertainty for everyone. I really do hope he will finish to burn the coins or have some kind of end to what he started and I still believe that he will come through as he has followed through what he said he would do until now. But we can not leave over 5million coins in someones hand without any certainty what will happen to it. Baldur have had some weeks now to work on this and he will have more than 2 weeks still to end his work as promised, what more does he need?

You don't need a poll to see what the community want and certainly devs can not just do whatever they want. The community decides if it wants to use the code the devs make or not. If it will come to that we need to block the premine addresses with code (which I truly hope not) the community always has the last word by accepting that code or not.
BauldersGate

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:20:48 PM

Nobody can claim the coins now. He has ended the airdrop closed the claim site. So now the coins are just sitting there and creating uncertainty for everyone. I really do hope he will finish to burn the coins or have some kind of end to what he started and I still believe that he will come through as he has followed through what he said he would do until now. But we can not leave over 5million coins in someones hand without any certainty what will happen to it. Baldur have had some weeks now to work on this and he will have more than 2 weeks still to end his work as promised, what more does he need?

You don't need a poll to see what the community want and certainly devs can not just do whatever they want. The community decides if it wants to use the code the devs make or not. If it will come to that we need to block the premine addresses with code (which I truly hope not) the community always has the last word by accepting that code or not.

Just make a poll about accepting the code with block and without the block.  Grin Grin
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:41:13 PM

Just make a poll about accepting the code with block and without the block.  Grin Grin

There will be a poll. Miners will vote with their hashrate.
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: