Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:10:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506373 times)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:37:22 PM

No he probably only made a few million. He only could sell a few thousand coins. He will have to wait for the next pump.

with price at 90...something is wrong with your assumption

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:39:05 PM

The trolling has gotten out of hand

It's not trolling when you're trying to protect noobs from getting burnt by repeatedly pointing out that their stake will soon be 100x diluted.

+1

Airdrop is going to crush the price.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:47:04 PM

It's not trolling when you're trying to protect noobs from getting burnt by repeatedly pointing out that their stake will soon be 100x diluted.

+1

+2 There are a lot of people who just don't want to face the inevitable math. I posted my concerns about it a couple of days ago and they were dismissed by people who had clearly become deluded by their own greed. Of course, that was before it lost over half of its value. Some of them still insist that it'll recover. Not even Bitcoin has recovered to its 2013 highs, how is Auroracoin supposed to do it, as more and more people understand the economics involved?
Nite69

Activity: 477
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:48:02 PM

+1

Why? If everyone claims, after the airdrop the userbase is going to be about the same than with Bitcoin.

Edit: Have there ever yet been a coin where increase in circulatin coins is so tightly tied with increase in userbase?

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
axmatic

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:52:47 PM

Hey, tell me something about this big dump. Is the coin going to be given to people who have no interest in it, or will the people need to ask for it first?
Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:56:04 PM

+1

wow im sad with this... srsly guys.

100 things can crush the price, actually making the airdrop happen is not one of them. if the airdrop goes smoothly (somehow) it will not crush the price.

im not going to speculate on where the price will be at that time, barring any major mishaps though, the price should actually go up. your exposing 300 000 people to crypto, giving them some that's branded for their country, and its probably only going to be worth a few hundred dollars. if they get to the point of actually receiving AUR, the majority probably WONT instadump it. why would they? would you?

anyways, the looming airdrop can hurt the price, the airdrop actually happening shouldn't. I don't think it should trade much higher than .060 before that time, given the total mkt cap of the distributed funds. it probably will but that's another story.

I really don't think Iceland as a whole is going to adopt this crypto as a currency, that's pretty ridiculous. if it does happen eventually it will be worth TONS so that's why everyone is blowing the price up, its pretty simple.

one thing I can guarantee you, if the airdrop actually happens, game on for crypto. regardless of what the price does. 30 AUR will be worth 50 bucks at least if the coin doesn't die and the premine doesn't get stoled. u can bet that most of Iceland will eventually pick up their free money. even if this goes terribly for AUR, a lot of media exposure for crypto.

anyways, will be interesting to see how this goes..

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:56:29 PM

+1

Why? If everyone claims, after the airdrop the userbase is going to be about the same than with Bitcoin.

The current price has been determined with only around 100,000 coins in circulation, creating an artificially high price due to the relative shortness of supply. After the airdrop, that supply is going to increase from around 100,000 coins to around 10.5 million coins. The buying power will get spread across 10.6 million coins after the airdrop. It's the same thing that happens to the US Dollar, every time the Fed floods the economy with freshly-printed bills. It devalues the currency.

Unless the value of the coins was trivial (maybe like 10:1 local exchange rate), anyone would instantly want to sell it into local currency, or even Bitcoin if they're familiar with crypto-currency. There aren't 300,000 activists in Iceland, ready to overthrow their financial system. There's been no real plan for adoption there - they don't even have a mobile wallet. No point of sale system. No payment processors. No ATMs. No infrastructure at all...and therefore, no incentive for people to adopt it, other than activism.

u can bet that most of Iceland will eventually pick up their free money.

Yes, they will...except that they'll want the free money that they can actually spend and use, so they'll hit the exchanges with it.

Not to mention, the coin is pretty much broken and unusable right now, without gravity well.
tom14cat14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:04:27 PM

No he probably only made a few million. He only could sell a few thousand coins. He will have to wait for the next pump.

with price at 90...something is wrong with your assumption

What I am saying is if he dumped his coins he has only gotten rid of a few thousand. Look at the volume on crytpsy if he was the only one selling he would have sold maybe 100,000 coins. There has not been 1 million coins traded on cryptsy. Say he had an Avg of .075 on 100,000 AUR dumped which is pretty much all of the sell orders. That comes to 7,500 Bitcoins. So i stand by if he was the one selling he only has made a few million because there has not been a 10 million coin sell.
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:07:20 PM

We at Trollcoin were inspired by Auroracoins innovative distribution idea, but realized the execution will be to say the least, cost prohibitive.

So with the essence of the genius airdrop idea in mind, we brainstormed about where & to whom our carpet bombing of mass Trollcoins could occur.

We chose Twitch.TV, a huge community of tech savvy , largely trollish people with a secure user accounts system we can easily tap into.

Our main challenges are, 1, getting word out to the twitch population, & 2, processing claims & payouts.

We have created a very simple system that is only limited by manpower. Let us know what you think & I hope this information might help Auroracoin succeed as well (I got good a stash of it)

Carpet Bombing location: http://twitch.TV/trollcoin
Info thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501381

Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:08:48 PM

ok srsly, if the price get crashed by 300 000 Icelanders trading out their AUR, 3000 smart Icelanders will get mega fucking rich. aight.

any price crash that's impending will be based off of 10000s of people getting crypto to trade that has value, and then instadumping it to.. what? Icelandic dollars? USD right? so now they have some USD, they spent it, its gone. Iceland still sux. u don't think maybe a few people might realise the *potential* in something like this?

everyone whos passing comment clearly hasn't lived somewhere where their local currency has faced super-inflation, and the fact that Iceland is trying to do ANYTHING AT ALL to upset the ridiculously unbalanced banking system present in all western countries definitely makes it a prime candidate for large-scale adoption of a crypto.

again I don't think it will actually happen, I just don't agree with the arguments set forth as to WHY its going to be a travesty.

its going to die because the premine will be dumped/stolen, or the trading value at airdrop will be so low no one will care to redeem them.

if neither of those things happen, its going to do just fine now after its initial price surge, which I might point out HAPPENS TO EVERY SINGLE COIN THAT MAKES EXCHANGE.

gl AUR, I want to see this succeed but I have my doubts. if the dev  isn't str8 scamming then at least its a decent attempt at doing something to make a difference for a lot of people, a lot more than can be said for most other coins.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Nite69

Activity: 477

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

The current price has been determined with only around 100,000 coins in circulation, creating an artificially high price due to the relative shortness of supply. After the airdrop, that supply is going to increase from around 100,000 coins to around 10.5 million coins. The buying power will get spread across 10.6 million coins after the airdrop. It's the same thing that happens to the US Dollar, every time the Fed floods the economy with freshly-printed bills. It devalues the currency.

Unless the value of the coins was trivial (maybe like 10:1 local exchange rate), anyone would instantly want to sell it into local currency, or even Bitcoin if they're familiar with crypto-currency. There aren't 300,000 activists in Iceland, ready to overthrow their financial system. There's been no real plan for adoption there - they don't even have a mobile wallet. No point of sale system. No payment processors. No ATMs. No infrastructure at all...and therefore, no incentive for people to adopt it, other than activism.

u can bet that most of Iceland will eventually pick up their free money.

Yes, they will...except that they'll want the free money that they can actually spend and use, so they'll hit the exchanges with it.

Not to mention, the coin is pretty much broken and unusable right now, without gravity well.

You are only telling one of the facts; Along with increased coinbase, also the userbase is increased. This fact you seem to totally ingnore.

If fed feeds dollars to the markets, dollar will devaluate, because the amount of users will stay the same. If the size of markets would dublicate along with the amount of dollars, there would be no inflation.

There is mobile wallet before airdrop.

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
axmatic

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:11:50 PM

Noobs know what a massive increase in supply does to a price. They also know that it's three weeks away. The words "50% premined" are self explanatory, as are the words "will be given to the citizens of Iceland on March 25th". How many noobs do you think got hosed over the last couple of days when they bought in planning to trade because that's where all the volume was, only to have you and and rest of the peanut gallery panic for absolutely no fucking reason? Yes, that's right, you hosed a bunch of noobs, and now your trolling for their safety. Laughable.
crocko

Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:45:21 PM

I don't understand: with the current diff and the problems with finding blocks, AUR it is hard to mined.
I mean only small qts of AUR are produced daily until the KGW implementation.
Actually the quantity of AUR is more or less the same.
The demand is (was) high, the supply is still low.
Why the price of AUR is still going down ?? Why people are selling bellow the price of yesterday ??
Is the airdrop in progress ? Any movement on "these" AUR wallets ? Why this panic  ?

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
tom14cat14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:53:30 PM

I don't understand: with the current diff and the problems with finding blocks, AUR it is hard to mined.
Why the price of AUR is still going down ?? Why people are selling bellow the price of yesterday ??
Is the airdrop in progress ? Any movement on "these" AUR wallets ? Why panic  ?

Because it became so over inflated with speculators.
axmatic

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:13:45 PM

Really? What's the correct price? How do you know? Are you speculating? Stop pretending to have knowledge you don't have.
tom14cat14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:30:46 PM

Really? What's the correct price? How do you know? Are you speculating? Stop pretending to have knowledge you don't have.

Settle down there. I am not saying this is guaranteed what it is. I am saying what i believe this is a forum where we all post what we think. I look at the price and see what it did to me that shows this was a bubble caused by speculators. maybe overtime .1 or more is where the value of this coin will be but when you go strait up and strait down to where you started just a few days ago shows a bubble.

The above statement is based on opinion and has not been proven to be true. Markets are volatile trade had your own risk
axmatic

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:00:26 PM

Settle down there. I am not saying this is guaranteed what it is. I am saying what i believe this is a forum where we all post what we think. I look at the price and see what it did to me that shows this was a bubble caused by speculators. maybe overtime .1 or more is where the value of this coin will be but when you go strait up and strait down to where you started just a few days ago shows a bubble.

The above statement is based on opinion and has not been proven to be true. Markets are volatile trade had your own risk

Thank you. You do understand that, if you traded any coins, you are a speculator, right?
tom14cat14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:09:05 PM

Thank you. You do understand that, if you traded any coins, you are a speculator, right?

Yes I am. I never said I was not. I do not believe in this coin. It is hard to believe someone premined 10.5 million coins and is going to give it to others out of the kindness of his heart. And if he sticks to this plan I think most people will sell them right away. I am a trader I am not in this coin for long term. I hope it works but coins are a dime a dozen one falls 10 pop up.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:13:44 PM

regardless of what happens it has been a delight trading this, thanks auroracoin. people who want to make their losses back, look at ekrona coin
tom14cat14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:27:43 PM

regardless of what happens it has been a delight trading this, thanks auroracoin. people who want to make their losses back, look at ekrona coin

Shhh not yet. I only have 346 coins just about to point a miner there,
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: