Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506373 times)
Omnivion

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:47:51 PM

i think it is time to reduce the block rewards.. manually. reduce it so very significantly. ive only mined 3 aur and bought the rest so dont think this is a ploy. but in light of the kgw flaw, and the concerted effort to crash the coin, i believe the dev would be able to effectively combat those negation efforts by reducing the block reward to something harsh. like .1 aur per block. if icelanders want to sell their 31.8 coins they are welcome to do so.

As ghur says, decreasing the block reward would remove mining incentive, and a lower hash rate would reduce the coin's security.

For the moment, best to leave it as it is.  A moderately low price right now is not really such a bad thing, keeps the market forces at reasonable levels.

Blockchain for Apps | Blockchain for Business | Blockchain for Future

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:08:03 PM

well ok, personally i wouldnt be scared off as a miner, but would be interested in investing more ;p

i guess if ur happy with the current supply on sell side then it's fine. my idea is that if u reduce mining reward then the coin is free to make rise with new investment till it levels off at the relative diff/reward value. we do have a 50% premine making it's way to the markets already. the price would eventually rise up to and past the same value per coin, just each coin would be worth more. returns from mining would eventually be the same even though there is lower block reward.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:10:42 PM

well ok, personally i wouldnt be scared off as a miner, but would be interested in investing more ;p

i guess if ur happy with the current supply on sell side then it's fine. my idea is that if u reduce mining reward then the coin is free to make rise with new investment till it levels off at the relative diff/reward value. we do have a 50% premine making it's way to the markets already. the price would eventually rise up to and past the same value per coin, just each coin would be worth more. returns from mining would eventually be the same even though there is lower block reward.

I'm not sure that made sense, like at all.
Coinler

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:25:22 PM

why? do u think that price has to stick with miners? we could pump aur to $500 right now even if there were only 5 miners on the entire network. it really doesnt matter. when the price rises the miners will come.

e.g pump aur to .02btc now and you will see the network housing more than 10gh. pump it to .050 and you will see appearing on the network 50gh. miners follow profitability not the other way around. and investors hold stable coins longer than coins that steadily drop in value.

im saying, if the block rewards were reduced significantly enough then the coin instantly becomes more valuable as there is less dump coming to the market. when that happens, itll get bought up due to low supply at low prices and it will return to a value similar to current income per day even with lowered block reward. miners generally sell and not buy. few im sure even trade effectively to multiply the coins they hold. they just cashout to btc and maybe straight to usd.

my point.. u could not gain value on this coin without attracting more hash. i will state and you can quote me on that..  "it's impossible". if the price rises, the hash will come. the question then would just be how much of that hash wants to dump and how much prefers to hold more longterm.
mineabit

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:33:46 PM

why? do u think that price has to stick with miners? we could pump aur to $500 right now even if there were only 5 miners on the entire network. it really doesnt matter. when the price rises the miners will come.

e.g pump aur to .02btc now and you will see the network housing more than 10gh. pump it to .050 and you will see appearing on the network 50gh. miners follow profitability not the other way around. and investors hold stable coins longer than coins that steadily drop in value.

im saying, if the block rewards were reduced significantly enough then the coin instantly becomes more valuable as there is less dump coming to the market. when that happens, itll get bought up due to low supply at low prices and it will return to a value similar to current income per day even with lowered block reward. miners generally sell and not buy. few im sure even trade effectively to multiply the coins they hold. they just cashout to btc and maybe straight to usd.

my point.. u could not gain value on this coin without attracting more hash. i will state and you can quote me on that..  "it's impossible". if the price rises, the hash will come. the question then would just be how much of that hash wants to dump and how much prefers to hold more longterm.

If you reduce block reward you effectively reduce profitability too.

Keep that in mind
Coinler

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:58:12 PM

Keep that in mind

yup temporarily. but it will set a cap at the current price and guarantee a rise in value of the coin from new investors interested in the dramatic reduction of supply making the coin a superb investment opportunity for those who start buying at current prices. the sell value would then raise itself to a point where mining profitability is back to normal.

it may also encourage those who sold at higher value to buy back multiples of what they sold earlier, with the difficulty following suit being raised by the price and new hashpower. it would severely reduce the success of any person or group vindictively trying to hold down the price of the coin. if the icelandic ppl were smart, theyd all try to margin trade their coins to multiply how much they hold in possession from 31.8 to 63.6 etc.

either way this is a nice price for aur.. cheap ;0. im ok with whatever way you want to swing it. i am and will be a dedicated aur investor for the long haul. i suppose with the airdrop dumpers it is a good idea to keep the price low so we can get 30 aur for $100 from those that wish to sell. just my 2 cents. ive studied the markets for a long time. and just as i called the blackcoin rise.. im also going to call the spaincoin rise now since they have converted to nscrypt, reducing daily reward by 60%.. u can expect spaincoin to at least triple once the early miners have sold out their stock and only the n-scrypt miners have coins to sell.
mineabit

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:02:00 PM

what i mean is that if you reduce profitability by reducing the block reward you also reduce the attraction for new miners and for profit switching pools which at the moment seem to be the only ones able to bring lots of hashing power to a coin
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:11:05 PM

Keep that in mind

yup temporarily. but it will set a cap at the current price and guarantee a rise in value of the coin from new investors interested in the dramatic reduction of supply making the coin a superb investment opportunity for those who start buying at current prices. the sell value would then raise itself to a point where mining profitability is back to normal.

it may also encourage those who sold at higher value to buy back multiples of what they sold earlier, with the difficulty following suit being raised by the price and new hashpower. it would severely reduce the success of any person or group vindictively trying to hold down the price of the coin. if the icelandic ppl were smart, theyd all try to margin trade their coins to multiply how much they hold in possession from 31.8 to 63.6 etc.

either way this is a nice price for aur.. cheap ;0. im ok with whatever way you want to swing it. i am and will be a dedicated aur investor for the long haul. i suppose with the airdrop dumpers it is a good idea to keep the price low so we can get 30 aur for $100 from those that wish to sell. just my 2 cents. ive studied the markets for a long time. and just as i called the blackcoin rise.. im also going to call the spaincoin rise now since they have converted to nscrypt, reducing daily reward by 60%.. u can expect spaincoin to at least triple once the early miners have sold out their stock and only the n-scrypt miners have coins to sell.

You realize you're talking like a central bank spokesman who is speaking about manipulating the value of the currency?
It's a damn free market .. let it be

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:35:02 PM

OPEC FTW!!!

ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:39:50 PM

guarantee a rise in value of the coin

It won't. Any attempts at manipulating the coin value in such a public manner will only accomplish the opposite, destroy the remaining tiny bit of trust the coin still has.

We get it, you're a bag holder who bought in way too expensive.
But that is on you, not on the coin.

The block reward has very little to do with the current market conditions anyways.
There's a 50% premine and a good portion of these "airdrops" already made it onto the exchange and into the dev's wallet.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
sevoque

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

It won't. Any attempts at manipulating the coin value in such a public manner will only accomplish the opposite, destroy the remaining tiny bit of trust the coin still has.

The block reward has very little to do with the current market conditions anyways.
There's a 50% premine and a good portion of these "airdrops" already made it onto the exchange and into the dev's wallet.

how do you know?
Coinler

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:52:59 PM

i said im fine either way.. i guess that is one way to look at it. but whatever it's just a suggestion.
Hellionator

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:21:29 PM

1% fee pool http://aur.scrypthp.com - mpos on fast, secure servers.

Everything is running smoothly with this coin, we need vendors in iceland to accept the coin and an android app as the next step which i believe are both in progress.  The airdrop in my opinion has exceeded expectations.  The future looks bright for Auroracoin!

→→MPOS POOLS ON SUPERFAST SECURE SERVERS!←←
sevoque

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:01:30 PM

NSA SHILL
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:44:43 AM

The NSA now has its own cryptocurrency looks at next page and sees a cute girl

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
utahjohn

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:21:59 AM

Mooncoin has a fix for the KGW exploit, it appears the Aururacoin devs need to address this issue also.
Klacik

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:42:03 AM

Mooncoin has a fix for the KGW exploit, it appears the Aururacoin devs need to address this issue also.

yes, it will be fixed..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895.0
crazy987

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:48:43 AM

Keep that in mind

Dont cut the mining reward.
Hell smartcoin did that and it effectively killed the coin.
Aside from the hardfork which killed the wallet, exchanges didnt change at the same time.
People who still had coins on the exchanged dumped them and the price fell lower.

My ill advice, dont do it.
ghur

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:06:55 AM

yes, it will be fixed..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895.0

Still nothing on git and no new release.

Just another saga of devs not fixing things in a timely manner.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
groove_machine

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:02:38 AM

Auroracoin Unity Pool

Come and try Unity Pool mining! Currently 0% fees!
US and UK/EU stratum mirrors.
Pure SSD servers, fast and reliable.

http://aur.unity-pool.com
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: