Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell ​​token too early  (Read 2504 times)
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 02:22:07 AM

As a Bounty hunter I once made a mistake by selling tokens from Bounty that I received in a small market for $ 250. After 20 days the price of tokens that I sell is worth $ 1200. So the conclusion if you want to wait you will get maximum results. Believe every ICO project will prepare a good market in the future.

But this is not applicable to all situations and bounty rewards since based on my experience only successful bounties are ones who tend to have increasing market value when it comes to their tokens still truly there are moments that I wish I should have hold my tokens for atleast a month or so before selling.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:33:23 AM

As a Bounty hunter I once made a mistake by selling tokens from Bounty that I received in a small market for $ 250. After 20 days the price of tokens that I sell is worth $ 1200. So the conclusion if you want to wait you will get maximum results. Believe every ICO project will prepare a good market in the future.

But this is not applicable to all situations and bounty rewards since based on my experience only successful bounties are ones who tend to have increasing market value when it comes to their tokens still truly there are moments that I wish I should have hold my tokens for atleast a month or so before selling.
With how the market goes right now, I guess those who able to sell  quickly is the beneficiaries of those investors, people tend to believe that ico is one of those quick money making machine inside crypto, but for me its all history, those times that ico tokens bring a lots of hype are no longer applicable, not unless that there's really usable market that the coin is aiming then holding and waiting for its big break will be necessary, everything will depend from our good assessment, whether to wait and hold or sell out and have a quick profits.
acidburn14

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 02:41:02 AM

So true. But i think it all depends on how good the project is. If they have a working product or they have a lot of plans in the future, or maybe just hype. But still i believe in holding any of my coins for a minimum of 6 months and give time for its development and after that i can decide whether to sell or hold.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:59:27 AM

You have a point there but for me i usually sell most of my tokens and just hold some. I seldom hold half because I only hold it if I can see that it will become popular but I have not yet encountered it. In the end, I end up selling all of it.
Tlongbottom

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:03:40 AM

In my opinion, you should t be joining a bounty unless you at least partially believe in a project. If you believe in a project, the team deserves the chance to have some time to develop their product after ICO. I plan to hold any bounty rewards I get for 6 months + to see where they go. It was “free” to get them, so I will let it play out to see what happens to the prices.
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:05:30 AM

Bull markets and bear markets are very different as far as profit potential, so that should be factored in.
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:05:46 AM

Believe every ICO project will prepare a good market in the future.
Can't agree with you.
I've seen a bunch of projects with tokens going down immediately after the end of ICO.
It all depends on the idea supported by the project, and one should do a really elaborate analysis before entering this or that bounty.
gulagguh

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:12:35 AM

appreciate every decision you take, it will not always result you wrong, it could be a good way to our maturity in learning this bitcoin, make a great experience, stay focused on the work we do either bounty or invest, I am sure we are all in this bitcoin will feel successful soon, hold the token until the price is stable and above the supply estimate then we sell it
aquantivis86

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:15:33 AM

It depends on how early.  Two good times to sell are right when the coin hits the market while it is still ico price before hunter dumping or post dump correction.  After this it just depends on the coin.
BarryCrypto

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:16:50 AM

Taking profits never hurts anyone. but you should not sell the entire batch at once. maybe sell 60% and keep 40% for longterm as you already made some good profits there.
bundjoie02

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:19:25 AM

There are time for everything. You should just wait. If you sell it immediately it is not worth it.

I think this should be based on time. If we know that all the altcoins will collapse next, rather than selling it quickly, I think it is unwise.
Of course, if you are a long-term investor, you can ignore the momentary rise and fall.

Its just a matter of decision making, if you think the current price is enough for you and you can earn in what you are selling, then its ok to sell even at an early stage. But if you are talking about long term then you can ignore whatever price in it.
DonaldTramponald

Activity: 301

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:58:09 AM

You never know exactly how the token will behave after entering the exchange. We can only assume and hope that the idea will be picked up by other investors and will invest in the project. But even this does not guarantee the rapid growth of the coin.
Since the crypto industry is at the very beginning of development, the best solution is to hold the coins for 1-2 years until the project develops.

enwi

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 06:00:33 AM

yes it is common for some people who want to sell tokens because they want to get money immediately without seeing how token movement in the market, and when the market goes up then you will regret

chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:03:25 AM

You made a profit, dont regret about it
whaletank club

yeah profit only counts if you realize the gains.  Can't hurt to let some roll though if you believe in the project...

Cool Cool Cool

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
AlanShlafter

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:05:00 AM

This is not relevant for all tokens, you may experience the opposite of this situation that your tokens may worth $50 after the week you sold for $250. So, we can't generalise all new tokens, but it can be profitable to hold them for a reasionable time.
Xlmmooner

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

Synchrotron - Airdrop POS

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:11:32 AM

Yes u gotta hodl for good exits. Don't rush to sell off bounty and airdrop coins before the project gets running, you will most likely regret it

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
rdny

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:12:30 AM

This is not entirely true. I have some tokens way back which almost became a sh*tcoin. Too bad i did not sell earlier when the price was still okay.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 06:25:46 AM

I sold XVG exactly before for price something around 50 Satoshi) I still thinking about this, but I took a lesson from this and become more patient.

Ayam1fish

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:32:45 AM

Well, I have a different point of view from what you are saying. Am not saying it is not good to hold onto your tokens once you receive them, but what I want to also put across is that,it is advisable to sell bounty tokens immediately you get them. If you sell them immediately you will have the chance to buy more of the same tokens in a few days time. Bounty hunters will always dump their tokens once they get them, and when they do,you can buy more tokens back.
Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:48:26 AM

The only token I've traded which I got from bounty is Dragoncoin I sold it at $0.7 and after couple days rise to $1 but it's $0.4 as we speak so I don't feel like I sold it too early but mind you I just do that as a test run because I have bunch of other tokens I'll be holding for at least one year
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: