Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:53:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your tokens?  (Read 5415 times)
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:04:50 AM

I use a hardware wallet, Ledger Nano S. I think hardware wallets are safer but if you must use software wallets, please do not do online backups like using email, telegram and the likes. Hacking is real, be careful to avoid stories that touches the heart. Do an offline  backup on paper for your mnemonic words and private key, keep somewhere safe. If using MEW or Neotracker for example, ensure you use a web 3 browser extension like metamask for security reasons. I also recommend browsers like Brave to avoid tracking.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vila_is_will

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 09:06:09 AM

pencil , brain ,banker you can choose one to store you token as well
Belibis

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:08:13 AM

I keep all the coins on my wallet and, if necessary, I put them on the stock exchange, I do not trust the exchanges, there was a case when I went in and did not find my account.
Mytoken

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:16:10 AM

My tokens are stored on the trading platform most of the time, because I need to get some profit every day through trading!
Binance (the exchange I use)
MyEtherWallet (my wallet)

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:49:51 AM

It wouldn't be safe to keep coins on exchanges for a long-period of time, if you are not trading then you should withdraw coins to your wallet as soon as possible. I believe myetherwallet would be the best to store your coins.
Btt.com

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:53:24 AM

After I received my reward tokens, I immediately store it in myetherwallet because as far as I noticed that it is the safest wallet that I encountered.
Pakuhitam

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:03:15 AM

It is better to store your tokens in an ethereum wallet, maybe it is an ERC20 wallet because it could be safe than an exchanges. Because in an exchanges there are a lot of scammer there, so it could be safe in your wallet. Or much better you download a hard wallet such as Ledger.
Hc01

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:08:19 AM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?
I'm using paper wallet and ledger for store most of the tokens. Little part is in exchange because sometimes I sell them from high and buy again from lower price so I didn't withdraw them to the my wallets.
SoloV

Activity: 504
Merit: 112

quarkchain.io

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:11:32 AM

No need to store coins and tokens on the stock exchange. Is it dangerous. For ERC-20 tokens, it is better to use MyEtherWallet. This is a very reliable wallet for storing altcoins.

shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 10:12:08 AM

I always store my all tokens in hard wallet.MEW is best but you need to care about your private keys and also never click on phishing sites.

randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:28:04 AM

I only store my tokens in myetherwallet rather than exchange wallets because sometimes the tokens that I use to hold to for a long time gets removed and I think it is quite bit stupid when you hold your tokens in a wallet exchange that's why I still holding any tokens in myetherwallets to save some transaction fees if I put it in exchange wallet that it can easy to transfer in the exchange that I want to trade for it.

rozenkreitzer

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:29:34 AM

I always store my all tokens in hard wallet.MEW is best but you need to care about your private keys and also never click on phishing sites.
Of course ... if you decide to invest for a long time it is better to keep on LegerNano especially since he will soon have a client updated and the wallet can support more than 100 coins. But you can work simultaneously with 8 coins and no more)
Gilliffyn

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:54:50 AM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?
Well I shared 3 different sites where I keep the Ethereum, and the tokens, it's 2 different stock exchanges and one purse mew

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
DragonETH

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:58:48 AM

I store my tokens in MEW or directly on exchanges. it depends on period of hold.
If I trade short or middle term trade, then I don't need to withfraw money to my MEW
this is probably the most common way to work with Ethereum tokens. I keep some of it in my hardware wallet.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
Pasir Putih

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:02:03 PM

Cryptocurrency exchanges are not a secure place to store tokens, and they are not designed for that. It is best to store your tokens on the myetherwallet wallet or on the cold Trezor wallet
nadezda@

Activity: 392
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:40:58 PM

Today is Black Friday, in connection with this Ledger Nano S, offers to buy a wallet with a 50% discount, I think this offer is interesting, many can buy, and keep their coins, like in a safe!
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:47:30 PM

Thanks to Ledger Nano, I can store all of my ERC-20 tokens on this safe place.
But also Ledger Nano/ Trezor has one disadvantage- you have to carry this device everywhere you go.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:26:43 PM

Thanks to Ledger Nano, I can store all of my ERC-20 tokens on this safe place.
But also Ledger Nano/ Trezor has one disadvantage- you have to carry this device everywhere you go.

Every wallet must have advantages and disadvantages. Ledger nano security I think is pretty good from hackers, but you also have to be careful when carrying it, which is lost or tucked away, as you say. I think MEW is also quite safe if we are able to maintain security by storing the private key properly.

I stored all my tokens in wallet then afterwards I sell it when the price is good in selling. Keeping it in wallet is pretty safe than keeping it as an exchange.
You are right, saving assets in the wallet exchange is quite risky because it is quite dangerous if there is a hacking of the exchange. So use an exchange wallet as needed, for example when trading.

amanarora_1

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:43:29 PM

I always store in exchanges, never in wallet. Holding tokens in wallet are risky, but not at all. Just for full safety, i store it in exchanges, because they have strong security like Google 2FA, email security, mobile number security. Even in exchanges, if someone login but did not transfer your tokens because on each withdrawal, a code sent on your phone or on email. So no risk, just money.
renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:45:10 PM

I split my coins on different wallets and also on the exchanges. The most important thing is to secure your accesses and passwords
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: