Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:27:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your tokens?  (Read 5415 times)
darktt

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:17:29 PM

I prefer hold my token on other exchanges, some of my other crypto I prefer hold at mew. I can give a little and simple advice: Do not hold all eggs in one bag, so it means that you shouldn't hold all of your money at one wallet, it's not safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 04:18:10 PM

I keep my token in etherum wallet, but it is less secure because it is risky to be stolen. but for now I still use it by paying attention to the official address before opening it. My suggestion is better to use ledger wallet or the like
Soroskatona

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:18:22 PM

I store at my digital wallet, using Metamask. Some use hardware wallet. It is up to you to decide. But I did go for digital because I dont have a lot of money in it, and I really like the idea that I dont need to find something physically.
stynos

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:25:33 PM

I store all my tokens on MEW because its a free wallet and its also ERC20 which is the recommended standard + it has a private key meaning you have total control of the wallet.
MFY151

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?

I store mine on mew or myetherwallet if not, I just book them on exchange platforms depending on my activities or market values. But to be honest I don't feel much secure for my tokens when they are in exchange platforms so I rarely put them on hold in those place.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1232
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:40:32 PM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?
most of the time, I store my tokens in exchanger, I just put it there and set the price that I want, its better because if the price of my coin will increase, I dont need to be rush to transfer it, but its risky, because any exchanger might have some issues also.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Tanzion27

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 04:47:32 PM

I'm storing all my tokens on my Etherwallet, for now because I'm not yet interested with Trading stuff, so I'm only doing the normal way received then store it for a while, that's what I'm used to do with this kind of stuff. Smiley

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Irviyandi

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:49:54 PM

You better keep your token in your own wallet like mestamaks and the like so make your tokens safe from the thieves who are not responsible but if you are ceboh in saving your key maybe your token will be taken by others

Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:56:50 PM

One thing you should not do is place all your tokens in an exchange because that is too dangerous, there is some traders that keeps their tokens in an exchange then it suddenly lost. You should be aware of the risk there is when you choosing where to place your tokens, ledger nano s was the most effective thing to use and for the one who don't want to bring out some money then an online or paper wallet will do such as MEW.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:05:06 PM

most of the time, I store my tokens in exchanger, I just put it there and set the price that I want, its better because if the price of my coin will increase, I dont need to be rush to transfer it, but its risky, because any exchanger might have some issues also.

That is what I do to my hodl and excess coins and tokens, storing it to exchangers is no safe but it will create a higher profit somehow, some people are storing their funds in a cold wallet, or in MEW and other substantial wallet that is secured and has a 0% chance of loosing their money. Just to make sure, I created some wallets just in case the exchangers will have an Issue, transfer of funds to another wallet is easy.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:10:10 PM

I am still about to purchase a hardware wallet to store my cryptos which I think is the most secure option. But until then, my cryptocurrencies are distributed to my wallets and some in exchanges. I just see to it that all passwords and private keys are secure and well kept.
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:19:36 PM

Most of the people use ethereum wallet to store their token and also i do that. But according to me It's better to store token in ethereum wallet than store in exchange because of in exchange You don't own the private keys of your wallets that's the Exchbge authorizes can control your token that's risky on the other hand in ethereum wallet You have your own private keys of your wallets which means you can control your tokens.
carrie_white

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:27:40 PM

the best wallet in my opinion is myetherwallet, and I always use myetherwallet to store reward tokens from my bounty, there has never been a problem until now, it's very easy to use and safe

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:33:09 PM

You can store on any wallet where only you have total control over your private keys. Hardware wallets are the best. But where ever you store, never store on an online wallet or an exchange wallet. Both are vulnerable to hacks and scams. Does not matter how much they emphasizes on how secure their wallet are, you must not trust them. You might not have access to your wallet when you will be needing it the most due to downtime or some other issue.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:34:27 PM

It depends, if you are holding for a long time then storing it in a wallet like myetherwallet would be recommended but if you want to be trading on it then it will be good to have them on the exchanges so it depends on what you want.
Hillthy

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:39:00 PM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else?
I hold a long token so I store them on my MEW and Metamask wallets. Until everything becomes great. Send them to the exchange exchanges that are accepted and sell them or reinvest other coins.
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:47:10 PM

The most convenient way to store your tokens is in the MyEtherWallet purse. This is a very good purse for storing tokens and ethereum. To increase the security level of their presence in this purse, you just need to follow certain precautions and everything will be in order. It is also necessary to use less of its private key and not to go from other devices to avoid getting to phishing sites, to use a bookmark on your device. To view the content of the wallet, it is better to use its function etherscan.io, which in this case is very good from the point of view of security, since we do not use any keys, except the public purse address.
On exchanges and exchangers, in no case can long be stored tokens, since it is where most of the hacking takes place. For this reason before entering the exchange and after it, it is better to move the tokens first to the intermediate purse, so that its key can be lit if your personal cabinet on the exchange is hacked.
nadbucs

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

If I want to hodl my token for long term I keep it in my MEW. Other token I keep in exchange if I want to sell in order to be ready if price rises. The most safe place for token for me is to keep in wallet as you arw the only one have the control of it.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:14:00 PM

I store mine on MyEtherWallet. If you use MEW is conjunction with MetaMask it's pretty safe. I don't recommend storing big amounts of tokens on exchanges if you are not going to trade them regulary. In this case, the risk of losing them is much higher.
I also use the same wallet to store tokens, Indeed with Myetherwallet a bit more secure but MEW is also sometimes hacked frequently by hackers. Therefore use metamask to keep your token and do not open MEW too often to just check our tokens.

vorseb

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:37:44 PM

Just online wallet. I think it's safe enough for just storing my token. But if I had money I will try to buy hardware wallet because I want make long term investment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: