Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your tokens?  (Read 5415 times)
NikoF (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 8

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 02:50:44 PM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:54:33 PM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?
For now, keep your coins on MyEtherWallet, and then purchase a hardware wallet, such as a Ledger. In no case do not keep tokens on exchanges. Exchanges are often hacked and you risk being left without them.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:59:02 PM

I don’t suggest storing your tokens in exchanges. It is better to store in a wallet you control the private keys. Myetherwallet is a free wallet, you can get your own wallet within 1 min.

You have to safeguard your own wallet by ensuring you are accessing the correct website of myetherwallet and keep your private key safe.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

olsyd

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:59:28 PM

On software wallets but the most secure are hardware and paper wallets. The best software wallet is myetherwallet. Try not use web wallets and crypto exchanges as wallets, it's not secure
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

The best choices of all time are MyEtherWallet and MetaMask!

According to the contract I will distribute them in both of them and will keep it there only as long as I dont want to exchange them.

Its highly recommended not to store your coins over the exchangers though it is simple to access your coins for quick trades. Exchangers are very much vulnerable to the hacks these days and lot of news are already on the frontline.

So its just the ERC20 standard wallets and no where.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:00:39 PM

I think this topic has been raised here more than once. Use the search. All eggs in one basket should not be folded
thinkpad99

Activity: 654

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:02:31 PM

My last bought i done in Revolut. This is something like virtual bank, opinions about is are very promising and i trust this wallet. My ethereum is safe and i have not problems with buying and selling my coins. The only problem is availability of only a few coins
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:05:32 PM

for the short term I keep it in myetherwallet, I also often keep it in the exchange, but not for long or just for the needs of trading. if to keep in the long term then I like and choose the hardware wallet to keep all the assets I have.
deus030518

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:12:24 PM

As of now I keep my coins in my etherwallet. I secure my wallets carefully. Do not give your passkey to anyone so that it will not be hacked by someone, just use metamask so that it will not be hacked then do not used your mobile phone for opening your wallet because you cannot use metamask on your phone. And it can be hacked by others if you use your mobile phone. If you can buy a hard wallet much better so that it will not be hacked by others. In using mobile phone you can go to a phosing site that someone can get your passkey.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:15:44 PM

The tokens first rest in my usual personal address whose private key is saved with me.
If I intend to hold the token for a long term, I transfer them to a dedicated address with private key.
If I intend to trade them, I transfer them to my exchange wallet.
I use the private keys in myetherwallet for sending purpose while I also use it in metamask for decentralized trading.
Btcwashu

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:16:06 PM

for the short term I keep it in myetherwallet, I also often keep it in the exchange, but not for long or just for the needs of trading. if to keep in the long term then I like and choose the hardware wallet to keep all the assets I have.

The Trezor wallet is one of the oldest hardware wallets in the cryptosphere and it is no surprise that it supports all ERC20 tokens. Just like Ledger, Trezor too comes with an OLED screen, seed key feature, PIN code protection and passphrase features to secure your ERC20 tokens. Also, Trezor’s development team is very active and respected in the community.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:20:44 PM

Myetherwallet is more than enough to protect your token so you should looking to some other promising wallet.
 Hardware wallet is good for your future journey and my suggestion is hardware wallet also not a best one in all the ERC based token so MEW is the right platform.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
19spawnfeed

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:23:04 PM

The Trezor wallet is one of the oldest hardware wallets in the cryptosphere and it is no surprise that it supports all ERC20 tokens. Just like Ledger, Trezor too comes with an OLED screen, seed key feature, PIN code protection and passphrase features to secure your ERC20 tokens. Also, Trezor’s development team is very active and respected in the community.

For me MyEtherWallet is my wallet storage of my tokens and it is a web-based open-source wallet written in Javascript. It is a user-friendly application for securing Ether, ERC20 tokens and interacting with smart contracts.

It claims to be an offline wallet as it uses a machine’s browser to generate necessary data, and nothing is ever stored on MyEtherWallet servers. Also, you get the private key control so you need not trust any third party for the security of your funds.
Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:27:27 PM

I store my tokens on my ether wallet they are good to store value, I hope you have plenty of hard wallet in you so you can save a lot of coins in the future and don't ever sell anything.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:29:21 PM

I do have my nano ledger, if I plan to store an altcoin or even bitcoin, I do keep it there, hardware wallet is better wallet than mew or even on an exchange. because you are the only one who has the access on it.
swam1alyona

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:32:13 PM

Keep your tokens on MyEtherWallet, it's safer there, do not keep the private key on the computer!
Walter789

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:32:19 PM

For now, keep your coins on MyEtherWallet, and then purchase a hardware wallet, such as a Ledger. In no case do not keep tokens on exchanges. Exchanges are often hacked and you risk being left without them.

Yes I think it is not good to store your token on exchanges, I knew that there is s times that when you store token or any coin on exchanges there are possibilities that it could b hacked. Base on my studies there are exchange that hacked before and sometimes the token that you store inside has chances to steal or disappear. So for me it is better to store your token in your Myetherwallet or in any private wallets.
Escan0r

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:34:20 PM

I think ImToken is a great place to store coins because of its good security system as well as many people who use it to store their coins. But maybe you should first see how ImToken works.
yerger

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:35:55 PM

I store my token from bounty in just my exchange site. Except I invest with bigger amount I will store it on online wallet or buy hardware wallet. But I think for just bounty token, i think just keep it on exchange site is enough except you earn big token.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:36:34 PM

I store mine on MyEtherWallet. If you use MEW is conjunction with MetaMask it's pretty safe. I don't recommend storing big amounts of tokens on exchanges if you are not going to trade them regulary. In this case, the risk of losing them is much higher.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: