Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352313 times)
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:47:10 AM

is this coingen?
Obviously.........

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trigeek

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 09:47:16 AM

Have to say this was the smoothest launch I have ever experienced. Pool is fast and no connectivity problems. Just follow the advice here and Unlock your account to get the email confirmation and make changes/updates to your profile and all is well. Wallet is great as well. Loving this coin. Great idea guys and great implementation. Instant Karma's gonna get you.

You're experiences must have been zilch to start with.

The launch was crap and flawed in order for the developers and his mates to ''premine'' and leave the rest of us to figure out why it won't start.

Finally got it sorted after an hour.

This tactic is a new one whereas new coins claimed there is no premine. But there is ''premine'' when insiders has the advantage to set it up correctly and others have to spend time figuring it out. Those insiders suddenly have millions of karma to sell to any suckers/thickos/idiots who are daft enough to hand over BTB.

My analysis of this coin is similar to that of mightyx......offers nothing.

Just FYI- there was no real premine here by the developers... our pool was the 2nd one on the chain, and since the beginning we've had a good portion of the network hashrate.  You can check this by using the block explorer.  I don't even know the developer and if you even look at the first ANN post, our pool is still not even listed there Tongue  I PM'd him asking it to be added but did not hear back.

I don't have a vested interest in the coin (besides what I'm mining myself, as our pool is 0% fees) but it seems as though the developers tried to make it as fair as possible.  When ANY coin launches with a diff = 0 there will always be an initial gold rush to hit those easy blocks, and that's basically unavoidable unless a coin launches with a high diff to begin with...

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:47:24 AM

is this coingen?

from what i understand, it can't be coingen due to the bonus blocks.

TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:50:57 AM

you're obviously a keyboard warrior.. tell me, why are you so vested in trying to get your dumbass points across that no one wants to hear..? that's not trolling?

You are correct, that is not trolling.
I'm perplexed that I'm the only one commenting on how stupid this is. You are certainly proving my point about the selfish miner by trying to defend this aren't you?

+1

He thinks he's a purist ridiculous. Thinks 5 coins if we all "everyone in the world" that's mining focused on them would make cryptocurrency more popular what an idiot. The reason for alt coins like these is to create new miners and give late adopters the ability to come into this culture. Could you imagine the guy with 300 khs to start trying to mine LTC lol he would be spending 1000% power versus profit. If there were 5 coins like he said then why would anyone else come into this industry.

Trolls gonna troll.

You obviously don't grasp how it works... If the difficulty goes up, the price has to go up to compensate miners for their time, or else miners stop mining and difficulty goes down....
That's bitcoin 101.
So yes, he wouldn't make as many coins, but those coins would be worth more. How much can you really make off altcoins with only 300 kh/s anyway? any scrypt coin is immediately hit by several hundred MH/s within a few hours.

That's not why we have altcoins, and that shows your naivety.
Altcoins are the proving grounds for the next evolution of cryptocurrency. These coins are competing for supremacy (except for copycoins which are just created to make the developers money, yes even the "no premine" ones).
Just like a new car is better than an old car because of the new technology, features and innovation that goes inside it.
So again, that doesn't explain why you are all circle jerkin it over a copycoin.
Like someone released a 1994 dodge caravan, slapped a 2014 badge on it and calls it new.
You guys are telling others that its a good van. yea its a good van dude  Wink
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:54:26 AM

is this coingen?

You can always edit what coingen gives you.
It's not that hard to modify the block reward structure.

http://coingen.io/status.html
KARMACOIN
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:55:09 AM

you're obviously a keyboard warrior.. tell me, why are you so vested in trying to get your dumbass points across that no one wants to hear..? that's not trolling?

I'm perplexed that I'm the only one commenting on how stupid this is. You are certainly proving my point about the selfish miner by trying to defend this aren't you?

+1

He thinks he's a purist ridiculous. Thinks 5 coins if we all "everyone in the world" that's mining focused on them would make cryptocurrency more popular what an idiot. The reason for alt coins like these is to create new miners and give late adopters the ability to come into this culture. Could you imagine the guy with 300 khs to start trying to mine LTC lol he would be spending 1000% power versus profit. If there were 5 coins like he said then why would anyone else come into this industry.

Trolls gonna troll.

You obviously don't grasp how it works... If the difficulty goes up, the price has to go up to compensate miners for their time, or else miners stop mining and difficulty goes down....
That's bitcoin 101.
So yes, he wouldn't make as many coins, but those coins would be worth more. How much can you really make off altcoins with only 300 kh/s anyway? any scrypt coin is immediately hit by several hundred MH/s within a few hours.

Altcoins are the proving grounds for the next evolution of cryptocurrency. These coins are competing for supremacy (except for copycoins which are just created to make the developers money, yes even the "no premine" ones).
Just like a new car is better than an old car because of the new technology, features and innovation that goes inside it.
So again, that doesn't explain why you are all circle jerkin it over a copycoin.
Like someone released a 1994 dodge caravan, slapped a 2014 badge on it and calls it new.

i make money off this shit. that's why i'm here. you got a problem with that, go fuck yourself. i don't care. you're not smart, you just like to talk a lot. that actually makes you pretty stupid.

johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:56:59 AM

btw, i made 3 btc on leaf within 3 days @ 2.7mh, i plan on making 5-7 btc on this one. thx for bumping.

TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:57:45 AM

+1

Trolls gonna troll.

That's bitcoin 101.

i make money off this shit. that's why i'm here. you got a problem with that, go fuck yourself. i don't care. you're smart, you just like to talk a lot. that actually makes you pretty stupid.

I said earlier I wasn't saying this coin won't make money.
Everyone is so eager to get in on the ground floor that even releasing DogCrapCoin would make bank.

If you check the status page of coingen.io and hit ctrl+f type in "karma" you can see this coin.

That means the developer paid .1 btc to create this coin.
lasciv

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:59:09 AM

is this coingen?

You can always edit what coingen gives you.
It's not that hard to modify the block reward structure.

http://coingen.io/status.html
KARMACOIN

Yes, I know. I found that too, wrote about it on the second page. I was writing stg like that for some other coin, but I ended up being a troll in that thread, so I was more carefull with this one.

Glad I didn't touch this..
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:59:47 AM

+1

Trolls gonna troll.

That's bitcoin 101.

i make money off this shit. that's why i'm here. you got a problem with that, go fuck yourself. i don't care. you're smart, you just like to talk a lot. that actually makes you pretty stupid.

I said earlier I wasn't saying this coin won't make money.
Everyone is so eager to get in on the ground floor that even releasing DogCrapCoin would make bank.

If you check the status page of coingen.io and hit ctrl+f type in "karma" you can see this coin.

That means the developer paid .1 btc to create this coin.

is there a timestamp on that? cuz you could have just done it yourself. someone who talks as much as you.. i could easily see payin .1btc to make people think he's right.

lasciv

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:00:18 AM

btw, i made 3 btc on leaf within 3 days @ 2.7mh, i plan on making 5-7 btc on this one. thx for bumping.

Don't be so excited about bumping, look how the Saturn story ended.
MCAltcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:00:54 AM

Not pre-mined.
Different wallet at coingen.io.
No Mac Client at coingen.io.
Stop spreading rumors when you don't do your homework
lasciv

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:02:16 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447657.msg4925721#msg4925721

sorry, page 6.
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:02:43 AM

i don't know how saturn ended because i bailed.. could smell shit from the premined start.

johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:03:38 AM

Not pre-mined.

lasciv

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:05:56 AM

i don't know how saturn ended because i bailed.. could smell shit from the premined start.

it ended badly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441760.msg4920535#msg4920535
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:07:13 AM

it ended badly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441760.msg4920535#msg4920535

ha hell yea gonna read that juicy goodness. i support this coin until later today, when dev's get home and i see what they are willing to provide. from there, i can deal w/ 5$ of wasted electricity if it comes to that.  Cheesy

edit; oh wow penguin failed too? from what i read in that thread, hashrate dropped significantly.. i bailed from that one too.

ezvm

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:08:58 AM

http://karma.hashstrike.com/ << pool performance and payout is excellent. recommended.

agreed, tested, and this one is the best hands down

TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:09:43 AM

Not pre-mined.

As I mentioned, it's not that hard to edit the block rewards.
The way I understand it is, devs pay coingen.io to create the base and then they modify it to suit their needs.
So the comment that "it has X so it can't be coingen" is unfounded.
I can't comment on the mac client thing, but if it was created on the 27th then that would have given him 7 days or so to compile a mac wallet from the source.
And yes people, I went back in time to the 27th and paid for a coin to be made called karmacoin just so I could troll in this thread.
Best use of time travel ever.
Time-troll out.
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:15:11 AM

Not pre-mined.

As I mentioned, it's not that hard to edit the block rewards.
The way I understand it is, devs pay coingen.io to create the base and then they modify it to suit their needs.
So the comment that "it has X so it can't be coingen" is unfounded.
I can't comment on the mac client thing, but if it was created on the 27th then that would have given him 7 days or so to compile a mac wallet from the source.
And yes people, I went back in time to the 27th and paid for a coin to be made called karmacoin just so I could troll in this thread.
Best use of time travel ever.
Time-troll out.

Can i invest in your time travel ipo when you get back from the future please cooooool lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: