Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:14:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: is there a people behind this bitcoin price drop?
YES
NO

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin price can be manipulate by the others?  (Read 711 times)
Arlette Foxsparkle

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:41:39 PM

The possibility of manipulating bitcoin price by others or by people is possible. One of the factor that affects to manipulate cryptocurrency prices especially bitcoin is through buying and selling. Because of that matter it the price of bitcoin or other cryptocurrency was fluctuating or has no stable price or value.
shkwarka333

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:42:39 PM

I doubt there's a group of people who coordinate their actions, although it's plausible. If so, the game is really big and cruel.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:51:01 PM

I think there are people behind bitcoins price and of course it is these people manipulating and pulling up and down the price of bitcoin and maybe some other coins too.

Fongsay

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:54:48 PM

price manipulation occurs only because the market is very fragile for a variety of hidden cryptoes, including the initial Bitcoin. "Despite a large market capitalization increase, similar to the bitcoin market in 2013 (the period under review), the cryptto market is very fragile. The number of cryptoes increased from about 80 during the period under review to 843 days subject to price manipulation.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:55:08 PM

It is possible that bitcoin's price is manipulated by big whales here in cryptocurrency world market. Bitcoin's proce or any other altcoins price is volatile and decentralized. No one can predict when will these coins dump or increase but what we can do is to hodl our coins for long term.

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:04:51 PM

from january 2018, bitcoin price is always changing, a suddenly increased but after a second deep dropped will surly exist. it is the vise versa of bitcoin price last year (2017). until now the price of bitcoin from january upto now (june) is still dropping. so i was wondering if theres a group of people behind this bitcoin price drop?

Yes, if those person have some huge Bitcoin in their hands they can actually make a lot of manipulation about since because crypto market is so decentralized.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:19:40 PM

Yes, it happens. Whales are manipulating the market. They have the power to influence the price because they have the biggest amount of Bitcoin at their pockets. Just by selling huge amount of Bitcoins, it affects the price of Bitcoin and create panic which can lead to massive sell out which makes the price crash. The whales are getting the benefits of it because they are gonna get cheaper Bitcoin and makes huge profit. Sometimes they're making fake volumes to attract traders and dumps when they think they get profit. This is very hard to control since they've got large portion of the supply.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:36:49 PM

from january 2018, bitcoin price is always changing, a suddenly increased but after a second deep dropped will surly exist. it is the vise versa of bitcoin price last year (2017). until now the price of bitcoin from january upto now (june) is still dropping. so i was wondering if theres a group of people behind this bitcoin price drop?
In my opinion bitcoin and Crypto market 100% under manipulate by some people /group. It's market to small to against price manipulate

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:57:58 PM

Based on my understanding there is whale group involved in market manipulation while market price was 7500 and  also  total marketcap 320 billion stable for 2 weeks . Till now it was common once market goes to stable state more than week next pump was starting but this time some body moves his 95000 bitcoin to exchange then big crash happened .
purple.thoughts

Activity: 225
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:43:51 PM

I think, the cause of its unpredictable price is also because of its users. I think the population of people who uses it and transact with it are the reason behind its value. I am not really sure but I think that goes that way. Specially those who invests a lot to it.

https://endfb.com/shop/
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:46:42 PM

I'm not sure if it's totally manipulated.
But we can deny, the one who has thousand bitcoins can pump and dump the market, But it's not manipulated, just because they're who has thousand bitcoins is powerful enough to control the market.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 718

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:03:27 PM

Bitcoin has come to this price from scratch and it is obvious that there are thousands of people who are holding it from a very cheap price as compared to now.
Thus there are many people who can manipulate Bitcoin's price. There are some rumors as well that a group of early investors who hold the majority of BTC keep manipulating its price to extract the profit out of the investments. So yeah, Bitcoin can still be manipulated by others.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ThePogi

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:24:14 PM

Price manipulation is an almost natural process in global markets but is very common in the US markets. Price manipulation happens constantly, just before corn was being used to make ethanol at a high scale the price was forced down vis a vis us government forcing corn growers to destroy crop or sell at a lower point to certain companies (for a tax break). Then after 1 big company was ready to sell their ethanol, corn price skyrocketed (from less corn being available from the crop destruction plus company buy offs to create the ethanol they are ready to sell). We see something similar when Asia countries buy scrap metal, when they start buying we raise the price, once they are done we drop the price of scrap metal. I honestly think there's many companies trying to lower the BTC price and it's just causing the price to down it faster.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:36:00 PM

Price manipulation is an almost natural process in global markets but is very common in the US markets. Price manipulation happens constantly, just before corn was being used to make ethanol at a high scale the price was forced down vis a vis us government forcing corn growers to destroy crop or sell at a lower point to certain companies (for a tax break). Then after 1 big company was ready to sell their ethanol, corn price skyrocketed (from less corn being available from the crop destruction plus company buy offs to create the ethanol they are ready to sell). We see something similar when Asia countries buy scrap metal, when they start buying we raise the price, once they are done we drop the price of scrap metal. I honestly think there's many companies trying to lower the BTC price and it's just causing the price to down it faster.
There are always additional reasons that allow you to manipulate the price. Now the demand for cryptocurrency has really decreased. This provoked the whales to turn the trend. Whales are added to your coins in the sale when the Manager started to sell the coins the bankrupt mtgox exchange. This provoked panic and falling prices. As soon as the whales will stop trading the price will go up.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:10:37 PM

There is this saying that the whales are always manipulating the price of bitcoin in the market by pumping the market with enough bitcoin to push down the price and the whales then will sell off all their holding and re enter the market to buy at much lower price thereby making some massive profits.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:05:05 PM

I think the idea that there's a select few 'manipulating' the price is probably a bit far-fetched. The overall supply and demand of such a big market is going to be what produces the main movement of the market. It's possible with things like Tether that there is actual manipulation. But outside of Tether I doubt there is too much.
abhi777

Activity: 457

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:23:46 PM

I think not someone but a bunch of bitcoin price movements depending on the investors behind it all
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:27:20 PM

Price of every coin can be manipulated. I guess there is no one who would not know the word 'whale' and it's meaning in economic. There are people or organizations which own the big number of coin and in the moment when they will decide to sell it it may bring some changing in the price.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:29:37 PM

Of course the Bitcoin price could be manipulated by others, mostly it's just whales. The Bitcoin market is one of the most heavily manipulated market in the world due to no regulatory over watch. But this manipulation is what brings volatility in the markets and this is what attracts most of the people.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:34:49 PM

Not a literal manipulation but others just carried away. For example, a big whale/s can shake up a market by 10% to 15% in just single move then others will follow resulting into success triggering of that action. Include also the news associated with every dump. So overall we can't just based the price fall because of manipulation but for other factors as well.

2017 trend is a pure hype. Good thing price decrease happened in 2018 so that we can test what is the real price where support is really strong.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM