Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
ManDrone

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:40:32 PM

Hey MEOW devs.... it's unfortunate that the Twitter name "KittehCoin" is not being used for official info (so many coins do this). I realize you guys probably don't own the account - Is it LoneStars' acount? From a marketing perspective, it would make sense to get control of that account ASAP!

Thinking about it from the point of view of someone who says "hmmm.... what is this kittehcoin?, do they tweet?" If I have to look up KittehCoinTeam to know it is the official source... that is a failed opportunity since lots of folks won't take the time. It's like if Coca-Cola did not have the website Coke.com but rather Cocacolasoftdrinkcompany.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:41:29 PM

Hey MEOW devs.... it's unfortunate that the Twitter name "KittehCoin" is not being used for official info (so many coins do this). I realize you guys probably don't own the account - Is it LoneStars' acount? From a marketing perspective, it would make sense to get control of that account ASAP!

Thinking about it from the point of view of someone who says "hmmm.... what is this kittehcoin?, do they tweet?" If I have to look up KittehCoinTeam to know it is the official source... that is a failed opportunity since lots of folks won't take the time. It's like if Coca-Cola did not have the website Coke.com but rather Cocacolasoftdrinkcompany.com.

He does raise a few good points
ManDrone

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:28:27 PM

UPDATE ON KITTEHCOIN!  https://kittehcoin.info/forums/general-%28non-client%29-meow-talk/%28ann%29%28meow%29-community-status-update-exchanges-ios-and-another-release!/new/#new
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:51:25 PM

Now mirrored here on BCT:
[ANN][MEOW] Community Status Update - Exchanges, iOS and another release?!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:52:34 PM

Just spoke with ManDrone about this on IRC, the owner of the account is in the process of transferring it to us. We wil update the community once we're running under the new handle Wink still @KittehCoinTeam for now, should be moved over before end of the weekend.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
GambitBTC

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:02:02 PM

Just spoke with ManDrone about this on IRC, the owner of the account is in the process of transferring it to us. We wil update the community once we're running under the new handle Wink still @KittehCoinTeam for now, should be moved over before end of the weekend.

Well played
mikeymillie

Activity: 370

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:16:35 AM

Someone needs to modify this gif to replace the biscuit with a dogecoin or kittehcoin.  I only wish I had the tools for editing GIFs or I'd try it myself!  It's purrrfect!

ManDrone

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:28:23 AM

I was thinking about multipools today... they are motivated by a few things: Profit and Speed. Low diff + lots of hashrate provide both of these things when a coin is getting some traction. I would argue that the SPEED factor plays in quite heavily - they want to get in and get out, dump and roll on (once the diff is increased due to their hashrate blowing up the algo).

The KGW adjusts the diff to make it harder to speed mine and leave a coin hanging on the re-diff. But what about one other aspect - what if a mined coin needed a "cooling off period" or some such other thing that made them unable to use for X blocks that would translate to hours (or even days) when first mined? Once they "matured" they could be spent as usual, but at first they are unobtainable or unredeemable. I'm guessing even a small delay in "usability" would make the multipools run for the hills. Example: Once you mine a coin, those coins are unusable for 120 blocks. If a multipool did a hit and run (without the KGW to fix) the coin left high and dry would also screw the mined coins because they would be in limbo for 120 blocks (and since the multipool had rolled off, the confirm time would be really long... further screwing their hit and run profits). Patient, devoted miners wouldn't care much, just mine and spend as normal, but the hit and run folks wouldn't touch the coin due to its tardy method of payout.

Does this exist? Is it possible with the current infrastructure (just curious). Even a "cool off" of 30 blocks could mean the multipools ignore the coin as "unminable" within their motives.
mikeymillie

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:35:36 AM

I was thinking about multipools today... they are motivated by a few things: Profit and Speed. Low diff + lots of hashrate provide both of these things when a coin is getting some traction. I would argue that the SPEED factor plays in quite heavily - they want to get in and get out, dump and roll on (once the diff is increased due to their hashrate blowing up the algo).

The KGW adjusts the diff to make it harder to speed mine and leave a coin hanging on the re-diff. But what about one other aspect - what if a mined coin needed a "cooling off period" or some such other thing that made them unable to use for X blocks that would translate to hours (or even days) when first mined? Once they "matured" they could be spent as usual, but at first they are unobtainable or unredeemable. I'm guessing even a small delay in "usability" would make the multipools run for the hills. Example: Once you mine a coin, those coins are unusable for 120 blocks. If a multipool did a hit and run (without the KGW to fix) the coin left high and dry would also screw the mined coins because they would be in limbo for 120 blocks (and since the multipool had rolled off, the confirm time would be really long... further screwing their hit and run profits). Patient, devoted miners wouldn't care much, just mine and spend as normal, but the hit and run folks wouldn't touch the coin due to its tardy method of payout.

Does this exist? Is it possible with the current infrastructure (just curious). Even a "cool off" of 30 blocks could mean the multipools ignore the coin as "unminable" within their motives.

Have you looked at what the CATcoin community has been up to lately with the algo/diff simulator app they made to test out different ways to banish their own strip mining demons?  It looks like a pretty impressive effort for a community trying to support a coin that is on life support, not sure if it would apply to MEOW analysis as well.
ManDrone

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:38:15 AM

Have you looked at what the CATcoin community has been up to lately with the algo/diff simulator app they made to test out different ways to banish their own strip mining demons?  It looks like a pretty impressive effort for a community trying to support a coin that is on life support, not sure if it would apply to MEOW analysis as well.

Nope. I stopped paying attention to them after the devs did the knee jerk fork back near the start of the year. Seemed doomed (as you mentioned).
mikeymillie

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:46:48 AM

Nope. I stopped paying attention to them after the devs did the knee jerk fork back near the start of the year. Seemed doomed (as you mentioned).

Maybe they are still doomed, but that makes the renewed effort to develop tools to methodically tackle those issues all the more impressive.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:09:36 AM

Link?

elftantra69

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:14:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1tbCzeoE4c

Thought this was cute haha might be something that could play into the Kittehcoin Concept nicely.
mikeymillie

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:21:55 AM

Link?

http://www.catcoin-algo.org/
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:22:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1tbCzeoE4c

Thought this was cute haha might be something that could play into the Kittehcoin Concept nicely.

Great stuff, should be added into the marketplace when completed.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
skorms

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:13:32 AM

Someone is purposefully keeping the price down. They're preparing for a pump?
semik

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:01:26 AM

I was missing compiled wallet binary for linux. I prepared one for Debian Wheezy: http://tomasek.cz/stuff/kittehcoin-v0.6.4.1-unk-beta-linux-amd64.tar.bz2

Compilation is easy:

git clone https://github.com/kittehcoin/kittehcoin
qmake
edit Makefile and add -I/usr/include/miniupnpc to INCPATH (default /opt/local/... can't work)
make

and wait.
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

Someone is purposefully keeping the price down. They're preparing for a pump?

i think the multipools continue to dump. they are basically the only miners right now since most regular miners have jumped off the network due to the long high difficulty times. once the fork occurs this will stop.
mrcaesar

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

Can't we get KGW update implemented sooner? We're doing roughly 600blocks daily, that means we will hit 1318XX block in 12 days. After that you will implement KGW, and that will take another 20days to take effect? Are we stuck in this multipool rape for another 30 days? That can possibly kill us. I suggest to kick KGW in now, and make KGW, block rewards and times to kick in at let's say 127k block (3-5 days from current 124k block).
Malganus

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:33:25 PM

Main mistake of the devs is that they made relaunch without changing specs at once. The main point of relaunch was another block time and reward... And now those multipools dumped coin ander the floor. And it will be dead in a few days if nothing happen with diff adjustment
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: