Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:15:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We would like to make a donation of 100,000 CHAs to one of the supported charities. Please vote for your favorite:
Project Marilyn
Virtual Doctor
War Child
Crypto for kids

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [New wallet][CHA] CharityCoin - Supporting charities one coin at a time  (Read 60915 times)
Patrón

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:16:06 PM

Hi, I have a suggestion on how to improve this coin.

Rename the coin to Curecoin.

Have a poll on the site or in the client to determine which charity will receive the donation each month.

There are several reasons why this might work better:

The coin will appeal to more people. Some people might have not been directly affected by cancer, but I can think of countless people who have encountered some kind of illness, ailment which are equally in need of curing.

Secondly if cancer is cured, cancercurecoin becomes obsolete, whereas curecoin would move onto the next thing, as there will always be something else to cure.

Thirdly, if an epidemic hit which needed drastic donation quickly, the curecoin could be routed towards that (provided users agreed to it, via poll).

Finally, the name would be easier and shorter to remember. 'Curecoin' - 'Oh, what's that?' - 'Donates transaction fees to cure things, currently cancer, but has previously donated to cure IBS, Chrons Disease, AIDS, decided via poll by the users.' - 'Wow that's something I can get behind, my dad has X disease'.

Just my 2 cents.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ozzymax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:20:50 PM

Have a poll on the site or in the client to determine which charity will receive the donation each month.

The coin will appeal to more people. Some people might have not been directly affected by cancer, but I can think of countless people who have encountered some kind of illness, ailment which are equally in need of curing.

Secondly if cancer is cured, cancercurecoin becomes obsolete, whereas curecoin would move onto the next thing, as there will always be something else to cure.

Thirdly, if an epidemic hit which needed drastic donation quickly, the curecoin could be routed towards that (provided users agreed to it, via poll).

Finally, the name would be easier and shorter to remember. 'Curecoin' - 'Oh, what's that?' - 'Donates transaction fees to cure things, currently cancer, but has previously donated to cure IBS, Chrons Disease, AIDS, decided via poll by the users.' - 'Wow that's something I can get behind, my dad has X disease'.

Just my 2 cents.

+1 on this

Very well thought out suggestion.

Smiley
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:21:23 PM

There is Curecoin already, maybe Charitycoin or DonateCoin or DonateBucks or DonorCoin, DonorDollar etc...
ozzymax

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:26:30 PM

CaringCoin
ozzymax

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:37:34 PM

I will donate CCC to this guy if the coin makes it to an exchange ( Isaac Yonemoto, PhD )

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-funds-cancer-research-project/

traderman
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:26:01 PM

me too!

I will donate CCC to this guy if the coin makes it to an exchange ( Isaac Yonemoto, PhD )

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-funds-cancer-research-project/

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:48:22 PM

Put those CCC's to work!!  Just waiting for an exchange!!
Thread!!   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453691.new#new

Welcome to Crypto For Kids.  Crypto For Kids, is run through and managed by Big Burrito Radio (www.bigburritoradio.com), for WLRA radio, Lewis University, Romeoville, IL for Advocate Hope Children’s Charities.  (whew)….
Before some of you start posting SCAM (yes I have seen you out there!).  Let me say, we are Big Burrito Radio, we are heard on WLRA radio Lewis University every Saturday morning 10AM CST.  Twice a year the radio station and the university have a fundraiser for Advocate Hope Children’s Charities.  For the past 5 years Big Burrito Radio has raised over $10,000 for the charity.
3 Years ago, we came up with Island Dreams (www.islanddreamscards.com).  The artist community jumped on the project and sketch card collectors loved the set.  Since I caught the Crypto bug.  I thought what a better way of helping out the charity!  Collect spare crypto and exchange it for BTC, they can then spend the BTC.
The WLRA fund at Hope Advocate is for their family relief fund.  When patents and their family’s need something (transportation, lodging, or just miscelous items) they use this fund.  Please visit the website at (www.cryptoforkids.com) .   There a bunch of coins listed, if you don’t see the one you want, let me know via PM and if I can get a wallet I’ll add it!

Thanks!!!

cancercoin4cure (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:52:12 PM

Just my 2 cents.

I have been taking a break from posting while we tried to get to the bottom of the issues we had on launch. I apologize for the rocky start and hope people will keep supporting us.
It is refreshing to see some suggestions from this community. It is very welcomed and important to the development of this project.
Patrón, You have some very strong points. Perhaps we can setup a poll with 10 different names and see which one gets chosen?
We are open and will listen to the community ideas so please keep the ideas coming and we can all build something great to help some great causes.
The more we get people together, the better.  So please everyone, discuss, suggest, get involved.
Thanks all.

CharityCoin helping to fund-raising for charities - http://www.charitycoinfoundation.org/ - ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448269.0
blackhole88

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:12:28 PM

Just my 2 cents.

+1 on this

Very well thought out suggestion.

Smiley
+1
Queeq

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

Hey, cancercoin4cure

You should put a list of topical problems you encounter for people willing to help could see if they could do something. Say, "webserver config", "writing a module", "communicate with particular exchange", etc.
cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 07:27:22 PM

Hey, cancercoin4cure

You should put a list of topical problems you encounter for people willing to help could see if they could do something. Say, "webserver config", "writing a module", "communicate with particular exchange", etc.

Thanks Queeq that is an excellent suggestion!

We are a small team and have full time jobs so any assistance will be very welcomed!
We do need help with:

creating a mining tutorial for the website
social media. We need to get people to our facebook page
Writing an article about CancerCureCoin
Getting exchanges to consider CancerCureCoin
Setting up a poll where people can suggest a new and better name to this Coin
Critique our website. we hired a web designer and he is open to suggestions

There will be more added to this list soon.
At this moment we are testing the Linux wallet and will upload it shortly.

CharityCoin helping to fund-raising for charities - http://www.charitycoinfoundation.org/ - ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448269.0
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:01:02 PM

I have been solomining this coin.  Have almost 10K worth.  I know what I'm doing with them.  www.cryptoforkids.com has it's 1st donation!!  All the CCC's I mine are going there!!!

r0b1nuk

Activity: 153

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

ive been mining away for 3 hours in
CCC - CancerCureCoin - pool provided by Cryptopool.EU and had nothing. is this pool or coin working?

Bitrated user: r0b1nuk.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:05:22 PM

Is that site legit? If so I will donate some of the ones I mined this morning.

I have been solomining this coin.  Have almost 10K worth.  I know what I'm doing with them.  www.cryptoforkids.com has it's 1st donation!!  All the CCC's I mine are going there!!!
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

Yes it is, it's my site.  We (WLRA Radio) have been raising money for Hope Advocate Children's Charities for 10 years.  This is our shows way of thinking outside the box.  Check out www.islanddreamscards.com and see what we did with artwork.

cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:10:49 PM

so i want to solo mine, all i do is download the client, connect, then console setgenerate=true ? that is all ? plz help i want to cure cancer with this

i tried setgenerate true didnt do anything

cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:11:43 PM

Just my 2 cents.

disagree, this is about cancer. Cancer is the biggest problem in the world

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:13:25 PM

disagree, this is about cancer. Cancer is the biggest problem in the world

Right behind Justin Bieber

NJRiot

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:20:36 PM

its a no brainer !!!

CureCanserCoin ...

Where the coins goal is to establish itself as a decentralized world currency with
 charitable intentions and donations through its foundation and community
 towards the aid in battling the sickness and cure for Cancer.

really couldn't think of a better intro for this coin that what it was intended for!!!

now how many coins did I win dev?
 CXDZHnxzzc2Pt3R3ymKrG7iGgzbpMDCdB2

considering no pools can solve block or make payouts and I feel like im shut out because I cannot solo mine.
which im sure more than 50% of the miners "only" pool mine so not fixing these pool issues is really killing this coin
diff should be at 50 already not 1 ... that's all the proof you need right there.  fix the pooling issue fast and watch the coin take off..

████████████████   ███████████████
   ████             ███   ███        ████
  ████   ██████████   ███  █████████    ███
 ███    ███     █████  ███  ███   ████   ███
███   ███   ███    ███  ███  ████    ███   ██
███  ██   ████████  ███  ███████████  ███   ██
██   ██  ████   ████  ██  █████   ███  ███   ██
██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██                         ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
███  ██  ████   ████  ███  ████   ███   ███  ██
████  ██    ██████████  ███  ███████   ███   ██
████  ████    ███  ███  ████    ██    ███   ██
 ████   █████  ███  ███   █████    █████  ███
  ████   █████████  ████   ██████████   ████
   █████        ███   █████           ████
      ███████████████    ████████████████

Get free
.100 HQX

...............................Decentralized affiliate platform.............................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:34:34 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 08:52:27 PM by cancercoin4cure

its a no brainer !!!

CureCanserCoin ...

Where the coins goal is to establish itself as a decentralized world currency with
 charitable intentions and donations through its foundation and community
 towards the aid in battling the sickness and cure for Cancer.

really couldn't think of a better intro for this coin that what it was intended for!!!

now how many coins did I win dev?
 CXDZHnxzzc2Pt3R3ymKrG7iGgzbpMDCdB2

considering no pools can solve block or make payouts and I feel like im shut out because I cannot solo mine.
which im sure more than 50% of the miners "only" pool mine so not fixing these pool issues is really killing this coin
diff should be at 50 already not 1 ... that's all the proof you need right there.  fix the pooling issue fast and watch the coin take off..

Apologies for that NJRiot

Any Pool master could give us a feedback on Matt's post?:

"I can confirm that the client software is working without any problems. Problems that pools are experiencing are not due to failures in the client software. I suspect that the pools have not been configured correctly to send 5% of the block subsidy to the charity address (which must be the first coinbase output), which is a protocol requirement. I cannot confirm this at the moment as I am waiting on more information. Pool masters should send me the debug.log file.

I highly advise people to not mine on any pools unless they have confirmed that their software has been configured to comply with the CancerCureCoin protocol rules. People are able to solo-mine in the meantime. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Matthew (Developer)"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: