Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We would like to make a donation of 100,000 CHAs to one of the supported charities. Please vote for your favorite:
Project Marilyn
Virtual Doctor
War Child
Crypto for kids

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [New wallet][CHA] CharityCoin - Supporting charities one coin at a time  (Read 60915 times)
ozzymax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:06:15 AM

Before CCC hits an exchange which I am sure it will very soon, I would like to see at least one Charity in place to receive the first donation, I would hate to see miners myself included dumping the coin to make a quick buck. can we get this moving please

For sure
We are in the process of rebranding the coin. I spoke to Twisted this afternoon via Skype and he had great suggestions regard branding and marketing. He was also very kind in volunteering his web design services.
Thanks for the support Twisted!
 I would say by early next week, we will have a name all of us will be happy to support.
After that, we will start compiling a list of causes we can assist and get everyone involved in voting their favorites.
An exchange could still be weeks from now so I am sure all of these changes will be implemented before it hits the market.

Smiley

Thats Great news. and thanks Twisted.
Just made my first 2 donations. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwistedXT

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:16:00 AM

Before CCC hits an exchange which I am sure it will very soon, I would like to see at least one Charity in place to receive the first donation, I would hate to see miners myself included dumping the coin to make a quick buck. can we get this moving please

For sure
We are in the process of rebranding the coin. I spoke to Twisted this afternoon via Skype and he had great suggestions regard branding and marketing. He was also very kind in volunteering his web design services.
Thanks for the support Twisted!
 I would say by early next week, we will have a name all of us will be happy to support.
After that, we will start compiling a list of causes we can assist and get everyone involved in voting their favorites.
An exchange could still be weeks from now so I am sure all of these changes will be implemented before it hits the market.

Smiley

Thats Great news. and thanks Twisted.
Just made my first 2 donations. Smiley

You guys are welcome, I'm just really happy and excited to help Smiley

Lets all make this coin really count!
cancercoin4cure (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:49:44 PM

I started a new poll so we can all vote for a new name. Please make a choice and help us to re-brand this awesome Coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=479486.new#new

CharityCoin helping to fund-raising for charities - http://www.charitycoinfoundation.org/ - ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448269.0
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:35:46 PM

I added a new block-explorer for CancerCureCoin on my pool's website: https://ccc.hashaxe.com/index.php?page=explorer&action=chain

The hashrate on my pool has dropped significantly, and the difficulty has dropped back to where it was.
Waine Bruce

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:49:01 PM

CancerCureCoin Giveaway for the next 150 people who Like us!

Please visit our Facebook page, post your wallet number (on Facebook, not here) and Like us!! We will send you 10 CCC to start your stash. Go even further and follow us  @Twitter  and you will get an extra 5 coins.

Download a CancerCureCoin wallet:
Windows wallet
Linux wallet

***Please do not post any wallet addresses on this thread as it is not permitted under the board rules.***

Thanks for the support!

Hey guys is there any place there i can post some give away coins?
and also i have some coin to donate for both institutions  in your website.
Thanks
Waine Bruce

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:29:35 PM

Really? CancerCureCoin?

It's a tad bit offensive to use this as the coin name when mostly everyone who uses this coin just plans on making a profit off this coin, and not helping cancer research at all..

hahahaha SUP JESUS i mean...

Hi Jesus i Know i've sinned couple times but i was doing my part "donating" and then you came...
wow this must be a sign... i was thinking to donate just a little bit but now i have to danate a lot of my coins.
presagta

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:43:19 PM

Really? CancerCureCoin?

It's a tad bit offensive to use this as the coin name when mostly everyone who uses this coin just plans on making a profit off this coin, and not helping cancer research at all..

Well Well, look who is here.. Jesus!
cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:53:59 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 12:06:33 AM by cancercoin4cure

Really? CancerCureCoin?

Hi Jesus
With all respect I disagree with you. Many have been mining and donating to the causes we have posted. Some of them are donating all of it.
And all of the miners who are getting in, do so knowing that they are automatically donating as they mine. Not everyone will treat it as a money pit and the ones who do will still be doing their part in supporting it.
There are miners in here who are battling cancer as we speak and some who already lost a loved one. Offensive would be not to do your part in helping in any way.

CharityCoin helping to fund-raising for charities - http://www.charitycoinfoundation.org/ - ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448269.0
presagta

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:12:25 AM

This is where we are voting for a new name for CancerCureCoin ccc

Came and vote!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=479486.0

Thanks
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:01:46 AM

Been busy traveling for work, came back and fired up the wallet for CCC, just want to thank everyone that sent CCC's for Crypto for Kids.  Forum users have sent 11,515.60 CCCs so far.  Bringing the total I have for Hope Advocate Children's Hospital to 198190.51 CCC

For those people who say this coin isn't doing anything, check out www.cryptoforkids.com.  Like I said, every bit I mined early on is going to charity!!

Waine Bruce

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:40:02 AM

Been busy traveling for work, came back and fired up the wallet for CCC, just want to thank everyone that sent CCC's for Crypto for Kids.  Forum users have sent 11,515.60 CCCs so far.  Bringing the total I have for Hope Advocate Children's Hospital to 198190.51 CCC

For those people who say this coin isn't doing anything, check out www.cryptoforkids.com.  Like I said, every bit I mined early on is going to charity!!

nice to hear that, hopefully the exchanges accept this coin soon so you keep going with your Crypto for kids.

ozzymax

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:47:47 AM

Wink More to come
MysticalPotato

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:51:00 AM

CancerCoin is the newly developed crypto currency created to be charitable. CancerCoin will contribute to Cancer research by generating funds to two Cancer Institutions chosen by the world community. Everyone can contribute by mining, trading, donating or simply voting.
To aid this cause, we will need as many strong minds from the crypto currency scene as we can get. Volunteers are welcome! Many of us have lost someone to Cancer. It’s time for us to help and find a cure for it.

Many people know the Menace Cancer has become but only few knows that 1 of every 4 people have their life cut short by it.
With the spike in the creation of alt coins and after seeing that most of them are merely about making a quick profit, our Team gathered to build something real with the main goal of contributing to finding a cure for cancer.
This coin will bring more awareness to the issue, will work as a medium of advertisement for crypto currencies and become a valuable  source of funding to Cancer cure.

Every mined Block will generate 5% directly to the Fund Wallet
These funds will be distributed towards 3 wallets. The first two wallets receiving 2% each, will be donated to two Cancer research organizations, chosen by vote in a public poll.
The last wallet receiving 1% will be used for marketing and support to the building process of a strong currency.

Absolutely no disrespect intended with this post, but you really need to disclose your identity.
Not on the wallet, but on your website, and here.
If you don't, the issue of credibility will not go away.
You will also need to disclose your professional experience to ensure that you have the necessary skillset to manage the entire operation.

You also need to establish a 501(c)(3), and appoint a professional accounting firm to audit every stage of the operation.
Going forward, the three person holding the three wallets must also publicly disclose their identities, and there must be established SOPs for public reviews.

Substantiation and disclosure is crucial in any charitable endeavors.
More than that, even if a single individual decides to seek tax exemption on the contribution to this cause, you could get into very serious trouble with the IRS and law enforcement agencies.

While your intentions may be noble, always keep in mind that soliciting donations instantly creates a fiduciary relationship between you and both the donors and recipients, and consequently, compels you to adhere to state and federal laws.

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but I urge you to slow down, take a step back, and speak to a qualified legal professional first before going forward.

ps: 1 of every 4 people?

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:41:51 PM

Want to hear about CCC in the media, at 10AM (CST) listen it at www.wlraradio.com
I'll be playing music and doing a segment on CCCs for www.cryptoforkids.com

If you're listening in pop me a message on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Burrito-Radio-Show/194207553938135?ref=hl

coinmeister

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:07:31 PM

murraycoin is also donating to bill murray fund. maybe we can learn something from them
cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:03:02 PM

CancerCoin is the newly developed crypto currency created to be charitable. CancerCoin will contribute to Cancer research by generating funds to two Cancer Institutions chosen by the world community. Everyone can contribute by mining, trading, donating or simply voting.
To aid this cause, we will need as many strong minds from the crypto currency scene as we can get. Volunteers are welcome! Many of us have lost someone to Cancer. It’s time for us to help and find a cure for it.

Many people know the Menace Cancer has become but only few knows that 1 of every 4 people have their life cut short by it.
With the spike in the creation of alt coins and after seeing that most of them are merely about making a quick profit, our Team gathered to build something real with the main goal of contributing to finding a cure for cancer.
This coin will bring more awareness to the issue, will work as a medium of advertisement for crypto currencies and become a valuable  source of funding to Cancer cure.

Every mined Block will generate 5% directly to the Fund Wallet
These funds will be distributed towards 3 wallets. The first two wallets receiving 2% each, will be donated to two Cancer research organizations, chosen by vote in a public poll.
The last wallet receiving 1% will be used for marketing and support to the building process of a strong currency.

Absolutely no disrespect intended with this post, but you really need to disclose your identity.
Not on the wallet, but on your website, and here.
If you don't, the issue of credibility will not go away.
You will also need to disclose your professional experience to ensure that you have the necessary skillset to manage the entire operation.

You also need to establish a 501(c)(3), and appoint a professional accounting firm to audit every stage of the operation.
Going forward, the three person holding the three wallets must also publicly disclose their identities, and there must be established SOPs for public reviews.

Substantiation and disclosure is crucial in any charitable endeavors.
More than that, even if a single individual decides to seek tax exemption on the contribution to this cause, you could get into very serious trouble with the IRS and law enforcement agencies.

While your intentions may be noble, always keep in mind that soliciting donations instantly creates a fiduciary relationship between you and both the donors and recipients, and consequently, compels you to adhere to state and federal laws.

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but I urge you to slow down, take a step back, and speak to a qualified legal professional first before going forward.

ps: 1 of every 4 people?

Thanks for the post and no apologies needed as it was not harsh at all. We agree those questions need to be answered.

When we initiated this project we had the intention of making it a noble coin to raise money for cancer research. After the feedback from people from these forums, family and friends we realized that it should be a broader endeavor to help not only cancer but all sorts of charities.

We did not yet consult with a lawyer regarding the repercussions this project could bring us. Your advice is very welcomed and we will look into speaking to a professional about this matter as soon as possible.

You are right about full disclosure. Our website will be redone soon and we will make sure our identities will be revealed in one of the pages.

We apologize for the “1 in every 4” fact we mentioned before. Those figures represent the rate of cancer deaths in USA and it was taken from page 1 of this document:
http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@epidemiologysurveilance/documents/document/acspc-031941.pdf
We will rectify the  incorrect info as soon as possible.

Many thanks

cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:12:08 PM

murraycoin is also donating to bill murray fund. maybe we can learn something from them

Wonderful! Is nice to see there are other coins doing charity. We are looking into their work and wish them success.

cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:22:01 PM

Want to hear about CCC in the media, at 10AM (CST) listen it at www.wlraradio.com

If you're listening in pop me a message on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Burrito-Radio-Show/194207553938135?ref=hl

Nice show Marty! We will keep listening to it from now on!
We hope CCC will hit the exchanges soon and all the coins you got can help Crypto for Kids. Smiley

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:49:46 PM

We hope CCC will hit the exchanges soon and all the coins you got can help Crypto for Kids. Smiley

Thanks!!!  I have to come up with a way of describing crypto to the masses!!!  Some people were very confused.

cancercoin4cure (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 03:27:34 PM

Thanks!!!  I have to come up with a way of describing crypto to the masses!!!  Some people were very confused.

It is a new concept and it should take sometime to explain it, but you did a great job with the time you had. There are no many people talking about Altcoins on the radio so that was a great contribution not only to charity but cryptocurrency as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: