Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are bounty managers to be blamed?  (Read 5918 times)
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:13:40 AM

I don’t think bounty managers are to be blamed when the project won’t turn out the way you expexted or it becomes a scam. Although bounty managers may have a direct communication with the project but there is a huge possibility that the managers doesn’t or will not know that it is a scam unless the manager is directly involved with the project. So with that, i think it is best to give them the benefit of a doubt and at the same time, not curse them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:59:44 AM

No one blamed on the condition. to blame is that by deliberately creating a bounty with the aim of the scam. Bounty manager no idea about this. so I think to blame it completely to the bounty manager also is not good. He's also looking for results from the bounty that he's working on.
Victorheywhy

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:21:14 AM

I do not think they are to be blamed when an ICO fails. Although, there are lots of fraudulent Bounty managers which I know of, but bounty managers are mostly not the cause of the failure of some ICO projects. But, I think they have the right to know whether an ICO  is going to fail or not, or rather a scam since they have a direct communication with the team and advisors.
chenhaonan

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:24:16 AM

I don't understand how the bounty manager made choices when accepting the bounty task. Have they chosen it? I have not played the role of a bounty manager, so I have not blamed the bounty manager!

beleyeleazar

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:28:50 AM

So ones again we have been scammed by another ICO known as Uchit. Now people have started raining insults and curses on the bounty manager that he has led them to be scammed. Despite the numerous apologies from the manager, bounty hunters do not seem to understand. Now my question is, do you think bounty hunters must be blamed when we are scammed because they knew what the ICO was up to, even from the beginning?

Bounty hunters are to be blamed for getting scammed but it's the scammers that are to be blamed for hurting all those people. So I say it's just fair he receive all those insults. I also say that we imprison them.
Luclfer

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:32:44 AM

I believe that as soon as the Manager suspected something was wrong he should warn all those involved in the bounty. He is also to blame when he takes the project and does not check it. We are also people and do not want to waste time just like that.
comfort2003

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:36:09 AM

They can't be blame for everything cos they don't actually the ico that will be a scam.
goodvibes05

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:53:11 PM

So ones again we have been scammed by another ICO known as Uchit. Now people have started raining insults and curses on the bounty manager that he has led them to be scammed. Despite the numerous apologies from the manager, bounty hunters do not seem to understand. Now my question is, do you think bounty hunters must be blamed when we are scammed because they knew what the ICO was up to, even from the beginning?
I think it's not a bounty manager's fault if the project he controls is going to be a scam. His job is to work well with the bounty campaign not the ICO nor should hunters blame for the incident. It is the ICO itself and the whole team are the one to explain what happened. Next time do some research before joining an ICO.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:20:41 AM

I think we can blame everything to the bounty manager. They also work for the ICO Team just like us. So if we have been scammed, they also are victims of the scammed ICO. But of course, because selecting a scammed ICO, the Bounty Manager’s reputation might also be affected.
rdny

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:59:53 AM

We can blame the bounty managers but they are just here to create the community for the ico. They are getting paid to do that job. Also, they don't really know whether a certain project will turn into scam. But i think even if we blame the bounty manager, we can do nothing about it since he has no control over that project. A bounty manager is like an advertising firm working for a client. If the client's product is not working as advertised, it is really not the fault of the advertiser, but we can blame them for the untruthful advertisement.
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 04:15:53 AM

Blame the bounty manager to what end?
Bounty manager is just like us bounty hunters, the only difference is that the BH is hired by the project ICO and we are "hired " by the bounty manager.
If you want to shift blame to the Bm, you could as well blame the bhounters:)

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
royalcrypt

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:32:24 AM

If a bounty manager is doing his job with responsibility like keep updating bounty thread/tg group with latest news concerning bounty,calculate stakes accurately and most importantly take note of complaints and answer them politely then it's not always their fault if ICO turned out to be a scam.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:00:23 AM

"Not Fully False to Bounty Managers"
because Bounty Manager is also from a third party, aka almost the same as the bounty hunter, Bounty manager can not predict the ICO can be successful or not, because it depends from the initial sale of the token, if the token not sold in softcap then certainly the ICO failed. and  Bounty Manager can not be blamed because the development team was equally failed.

my experience follow Hotachy (Bounty Manager) for I AM HERO project, his project fails continuously do i have to blame Hotachy?
obviously not, his project also fails to blame his manager's time.
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:47:14 AM

According to my own personal experience, it is not always the manager to blame. Somtimes it is about the investors, sometines it is about the team of the campaign and somtimes about the manager. There are cases that manager is not part of the team so the manager is just a puppet of the team and if the team leaves the campaign , manager get scammed also.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
jmvzlfyg

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:24:50 AM

The bounty hunters are innocent and indignant that many of these projects themselves are scams.
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:02:19 PM

Like us bounty hunters or participants, bounty managers are also having a hard time to know if a bounty campaign is a scam or not, it's either lack of research or just bad luck. It doesn't mean that if the bounty is scam it's the bounty manager's fault. Given that kind of situation that the bounty manager already apologize you should have the courage to face it and move on, I'm sure that Uchit didn't want such things to happen. Also a bounty campaign is a large project and it's not just the bounty manager to be blames their are people behind it that's responsible for such scam so why blame the campaign manager right?
Vilka0109

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:54:31 PM

You can not blame the Manager-as they also choose projects to pay for their work . Besides, if he apologized , not missing , then why insult and criticize . This is part of our earnings-from fraudulent projects no one is insured
ngantrann206

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:30:29 PM

Sometimes it's worth it, because you can immediately see that the project is a scam. But many managers take the pay immediately, so they do not care which company to lead
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:32:09 PM

Nowadays, some of the bounty managers have a tendency to over-commit, and as a result they are not able to successfully manage the projects. The spreadsheets are not being updated on time, and they are not being able to identify the scammers.
decibel1337

Activity: 504
Merit: 285

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:55:11 AM

That Is A Tough Question. Obviously, Someone Needs To Take The Blame. I'm Very Emotional So I Think A Bounty Manager As A Good Of A Scapegoat As Any.
I Mean, Hunters Have To Do Some Sorta Research Before They Join An ICO. If They Weren't Able To Recognize A Scam, They Are Also At Fault. I Dunno, It's Real Complex.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: