Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:55:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:38:44 PM

Here is the most important things I think you should prioritize:
Fix all extra stales and get vardiff back up.
Make at least 30 min stats.
Make additional workers.
borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:06:39 PM

Make additional workers.

U don't need workers just put same bit wallet address. Cardiff I agree with and he is trying fix stales and rejects
Capttech08

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:10:31 PM

I just deployed some fixes that should:

1) improve stability, less pool restarts/disconnects will be required from now on.
2) Improve profitability a bit as it indirectly suffered from some connection issues.
3) One of the fixes is my attept on reducing rejects.

I will be monitoring pool-wide rejects ratio and see if it lowered but I would also appreciate to read how it changed on your side. These changes were deployed ~10 minutes ago so please consider your stats only from now on.

More real-time stats are my first priority just after I fix some technical problems in the backend that affect stability, rejected percentage and indirectly also profitability. This is my very top priority. Stats are immediately after this.

Currently stats are always updated between 10 and 20 minutes after full hour so you don't need to refresh the page all the time. I will be deploying more frequent stats soon.

Good morning pool. I've been watching my rejects for the last 2 hours and they are bouncing a ton. I had as low as 3.5% and as high (and currently at) 12% or 0.5MH/s. I will try dropping the intensity down in about an hour and let that run through for the rest of the day and post the results.

On a side note; I wish my psu would get here so I can get the other rig back up! /cry

BTC Tip Jar: 11tK3hF4KN9t2kZbRgqdafdcNMDyPW2ru
LTC Tip Jar: LMCBpoiy86H5Gw5Evjt9fRRB6h6ipUCN9V
shango

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 02:22:52 PM

3.5% rejects stable for 4 hours with the lowered intensity.
I will switch back to higher intensity again to get higher hashrate and will moitor the rejects, now that a fix has been applied.

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:06:17 PM

Make additional workers.

U don't need workers just put same bit wallet address. Cardiff I agree with and he is trying fix stales and rejects

Yes, but I mean to track different miner stats. Like different rigs.
shango

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:32:00 PM

I tried again with increased intensity and the reject rate has jumped.
With my usual -I setting i get over 9% rejects. But this way i get over 1770 WU and higher hasrate.
With reduced intensity i get a little over 1400 WU and lower hashret but between 2% and 3% rejects.

Which is better ? The WUs are the actual work units, so the higher number - the better and rejects are considered, correct ?

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
cokeman0

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:42:27 PM

With my usual -I setting i get over 9% rejects. But this way i get over 1770 WU and higher hasrate.
With reduced intensity i get a little over 1400 WU and lower hashret but between 2% and 3% rejects.

Which is better ? The WUs are the actual work units, so the higher number - the better and rejects are considered, correct ?

Whats cards are you running ?
Dishes

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:21:44 PM

I would stick with your original intensity. In my experience, lowering intensity gets lower rejects, but at the end of the day, you are submitting less shares (after a really long period). Short term it looks better to get your rejects down, and if we lived in a perfect world, you could rely on it working out. However, mining is imperfect and fluctuates constantly, especially in multi coin pools. So sticking with your original WU of 1770 will pay off in the long run because you are essentially raising your "luck" factor. Multicoin pools have higher rejects than regular pools. It's just the way it is when your dealing with lots of coin switches, different block rates and difficulties. I think way too many people over think thier rejects and forget that rejects fluctuate constantly. You may have 9% one hour, but you may only have 1% the next hour. In the end, it's best to throw all your hashing power in, set it and forget it. You have to think long term. Short term variance is very high on multi pools. It's all about your payout over time.
geocurt

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

I very much like the design of the site to be honest, I like how it's using twitter bootstrap so it's phone, computer and tablet friendly. Just waiting on the API now  Grin

Love the modern, flat design too - but it looks terrible on my 4.7inch screen.  The images don't reorganize or scale properly.
Slow1

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:54:53 PM

Your profitability is pegged against litecoin - Is it the most profitable single coin out there? 

I did a quick compare to Doge here : http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/miningtobtc-ltc-doge.html because Doge was brought up earlier in discussion.  Seems that as Doge seems to be a bit stronger than LiteCoin it may be a better benchmark for comparison. 

I realize you can't cater to every coin, but perhaps put a couple other 'big' ones on there and it could help sell your site better?

shango

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 05:18:44 PM

couple of r9 290x on that one

shango

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 05:22:12 PM

I would stick with your original intensity. In my experience, lowering intensity gets lower rejects, but at the end of the day, you are submitting less shares (after a really long period). Short term it looks better to get your rejects down, and if we lived in a perfect world, you could rely on it working out. However, mining is imperfect and fluctuates constantly, especially in multi coin pools. So sticking with your original WU of 1770 will pay off in the long run because you are essentially raising your "luck" factor. Multicoin pools have higher rejects than regular pools. It's just the way it is when your dealing with lots of coin switches, different block rates and difficulties. I think way too many people over think thier rejects and forget that rejects fluctuate constantly. You may have 9% one hour, but you may only have 1% the next hour. In the end, it's best to throw all your hashing power in, set it and forget it. You have to think long term. Short term variance is very high on multi pools. It's all about your payout over time.

Thanks for the reply.
What you say makes sense. Better throw more at it and deal with the rejects. I don't have 24hrs on that pool yet so it is early to judge.
From my experience with multipools the payouts and the rejects vary day after day.
For 29 days at middlecoin i averaged a decent payout with that rig and that same config but every day was just so different. But it was rare to have more than 3% - 4% reject for 4-5 day average.

cokeman0

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:35:43 PM

OMG, I can't get more them 1400-1450 WU on my 290x, do you mind sharing your config ?
Dishes

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:43:46 PM

Thanks for the reply.
What you say makes sense. Better throw more at it and deal with the rejects. I don't have 24hrs on that pool yet so it is early to judge.
From my experience with multipools the payouts and the rejects vary day after day.
For 29 days at middlecoin i averaged a decent payout with that rig and that same config but every day was just so different. But it was rare to have more than 3% - 4% reject for 4-5 day average.

Yeah I hear ya. I also have 2 290s and I've messed around with the intensities enough on middlecoin to find that there is just too much out of your control. Some coins have high reject rates. Servers get tweaked. Things are constantly changing. Just the way it is. Only thing you can control is your hashrate so I found it better to just go all in for the long haul. Some days I got as much as 10% rejects. Other days I got 0.1 %. With the same exact settings. It's just not worth worrying about because I still got great payouts.
deltree

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:21:46 PM

9%+ reject rate, this is on two different machines. One with 7950 and one with 5870, so it's not my settings because megamultipool does way better on same settings. Sadlly the reject rate situation is something I left middlecoin for and moved to megamultipool. It seems unless the reject rate situation is resolved clevermining aint so clever!

9% reject rate is over a period of 17 hours, I started with you that much time ago and I guess I will have to go back to megamultipool!
deltree

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:23:11 PM

Going to wait 24 hours though to assess the whole situation!
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:35:57 PM

Your profitability is pegged against litecoin - Is it the most profitable single coin out there?  

I did a quick compare to Doge here : http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/miningtobtc-ltc-doge.html because Doge was brought up earlier in discussion.  Seems that as Doge seems to be a bit stronger than LiteCoin it may be a better benchmark for comparison.  

I realize you can't cater to every coin, but perhaps put a couple other 'big' ones on there and it could help sell your site better?

Doge is a joke coin. Because of auto-switching pools raping the high-value blocks, the real profit from mining doge is much smaller then the projected income.  Suffice to say, if you want to mine scrypt, you compare against the stable, highest hashrate, and non-retarded standard LTC.
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:50:25 PM

I am going to throw a few rigs on this and see what happens. Interested.

Smiley
Capttech08

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:57:56 PM

OMG, I can't get more them 1400-1450 WU on my 290x, do you mind sharing your config ?

I run 4 R9 290's and they run solid at 3.28 MH/s with a 6% reject rate (does jump here and there). My settings are Thread - 32650. - Intensity - 20. Worker size - 512 (I have tried 1024 with no real increase, but higher reject rate). 1 GPU thread and 1 Vector. I use GUIMiner with scrypt. I do NOT have the cards overclocked. Everytime I try to move the memory/core clock even +5 I get lower hash rates. Stupid 1st release cards.

I have had good success on 1 of the cards running Thread at 24550 and the rest of the settings stock with +7 powertune in MSI Afterburner. This takes the card from 830kh/s to 875kh/s stable. But only 1 of my 4 cards will accept this without crashing. I have to figure out the issue there, but that is also the only 290 in its own rig. Other 3 are on 1 motherboard with 2 PSU's so that may be the issue. Or the OS load may be the issue.

Capttech08

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:01:52 PM

I did a quick compare to Doge here : http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/miningtobtc-ltc-doge.html because Doge was brought up earlier in discussion.  Seems that as Doge seems to be a bit stronger than LiteCoin it may be a better benchmark for comparison.  

Doge is a joke coin. Because of auto-switching pools raping the high-value blocks, the real profit from mining doge is much smaller then the projected income.  Suffice to say, if you want to mine scrypt, you compare against the stable, highest hashrate, and non-retarded standard LTC.

I also agree with you on this. Comparing to Doge coin is not a good idea. Even the creators of Doge coin were surprised with the value seeing as they made it to be a novelty/joke coin, much like Coinye was going to be before its demise.

That being said, it can a very profitable coin to mine assuming the other pools are not also mining it. I always get flack for saying this, but what makes Doge coin's price swing so bad is when huge multipools like MC or HC switch to it then have to dump the massive, massive amount of coins, it drives the price down. Once they stop, people rise the price again to make a killing when this cycle happens again. How do I know? I do this a lot along with some other large miner's I know. There is good money to be made riding the Doge waves every night when MC and HC does their exchange.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: