Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:17:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cex.io Fallout  (Read 6508 times)
youbob (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:12:32 PM

Has Anyone look at the current prices of GHS/BTC on the website cex.io? There is a huge fall!! When I first started to play with this site the price of 1 GHS was around 0.043 btc, and it would usually go up as high as 0.05. I spent 0.03 btc for the price of .043 GHS/BTc. I started out at  0.735 GHS, and with just a little bit of pump and dumps plus very small earning, I mange to gain 1.7 GHS.

There's nothing crazy of what I'm doing here. I just mine for fun, and I needed a place to where I could mine without abusing my computer, or running up the electric bill. Cloud hashing is a great option for those who don't want to spend thousands on equipment, and the price for all of the keep ups.

Now things have taken a huge drive! Within a few short weeks the exchange site went form 0.048.... to now going into the 0.02x

Normally, I would try to sell my ghs at the price 0.045 to 0.048, and buy it cheap when ever the price would fall down below 0.043. However, with the low prices any to all of my earning are sold into ghs, because it so cheap. I'm getting back 0.009 ghs every day.

Anyhow, that's how I run. Thanks to BTC faucets, I didn't pay for anything!

So why are the prices falling such?

Anyone want to add their 2cents?     

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:26:04 PM

Complete outage yesterday
Diff Change looming
THs+ miners coming soon to both CEX and end users
Panic

There you have it!
youbob (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

Complete outage yesterday
Diff Change looming
THs+ miners coming soon to both CEX and end users
Panic

There you have it!

Wow.. Well when they come the prices should go up by a few points and crash once the diff goes up again?

mediaspree

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:30:27 PM

So its a good time to buy??
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:38:35 PM

At current prices www.epickaxe.com

TMC

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
youbob (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:54:26 PM

Yeah. It's cheap now. 0.029 is the setting price right at this very moment of me posting this. It still might go way lower, I would buy a little bit at a time.

BitChrisUK

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:40:24 PM

TMC

Expensive - 100ghs for example works out at ~$22 per ghs on a year contract. By Comparison, CEX is at ~$30 per cex but for a lifetime(ish). But during that lifetime you have the option to sell it.

This is the benefit of hardware, high upfront cost, but resale value also remains high, reducing the overall cost per ghs.
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:48:26 PM

cex.io is overpriced ,  you spend 1 bitcoin to mine 0.60 btc , the price per gh/s will collapse when newcomers lose their appetite.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:52:09 PM

I expect the price to drop to already BTC0.021-0.025 before the day ends. I already set my buy price at BTC0.021 Cool
krampus

Activity: 98

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:59:39 PM

So why are the prices falling such?

Math.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
topminingcontracts

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:48:09 PM

Well math is math I know.

But Cex is the largest player in his marketplace, they have many ways to manipulate the price. Not all the market rules apply at least for short periods of time.

Regards

TMC

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
dottom

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:20:43 AM

Not when they are consistently more expensive than cex.io.  I just don't get these other cloud mining outfits advertising contract mining that is more than what you can get at cex.io.

While cex.io is still a losing mining proposition, you can at least exit your position at any time or quickly sell off your ghash to someone else if you want to exchange fiat for ghash.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:17:56 PM

People buy the contracts for short term mining alt coins in the hopes they get higher pay rates than if they mined BTC.  CEX only mines the main SHA-256 BTC with the ancillary coins.
topminingcontracts

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 01:10:28 PM

I expect the price to drop to already BTC0.021-0.025 before the day ends. I already set my buy price at BTC0.021 Cool

Is not so low... because as I told you they manipulate the price.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 01:30:34 PM

cex is 100% manipulated - forget math - it's irrelevant.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:47:33 PM

Yeah, I see it didn't even fall under BTC0.025. Somehow it rallied back up a bit.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:26:30 PM

Yeah, I see it didn't even fall under BTC0.025. Somehow it rallied back up a bit.

Either the users don't care about mining profitability, or the price is really manipulated....
elavenil

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:18:02 PM

Anyone made money using cex? I am interested in cloud mining. But the price are higher than profit.

malace

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:09:17 PM

I think CEX is OK for short time i been doing it i think if you use them it need before a few months at least to see any profit if any Sad not 100% sure yet. With bit coin crash over last few days kinda hard to tell.
krampus

Activity: 98

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:00:06 PM

Anyone made money using cex? I am interested in cloud mining. But the price are higher than profit.

The only way to profit on cex.io is trading. The idea that it is a mining venture is pretty much a bald-faced lie. It's about day trading.

If you're into that sort of thing and have the skills, then go for it. But the trend in price is down.

You have been warned.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: